Photo

Content not appearing in Firefox 4

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Carolrs

Carolrs

• 5 posts

Posted 24 May 2011 - 08:17

I've recently installed Firefox 4 and on Autosport.com part of the page is missing - the line just below the top banner and black menu line. E.g. on a gallery page, it's the line reading THE PHOTO GALLERY - XXX PHOTOS and with the links on the right to Fantasy League F1, Business Directory and Appointments. And on My Autosport, it's the line with the DEFAULT TAB and links to Add content, etc.

In addition, content that seems to be in the same layer/box isn't appearing either - e.g. no images on any of the gallery pages, no articles listed on the Features Archive pages.

All of this content is visible in IE9, but not Firefox 4.

Advertisement

#2 Vitesse2

Vitesse2
  • Administrator

• 41,859 posts

Posted 24 May 2011 - 17:57

All working fine for me. Have you tried starting Firefox without add-ons (Help > Restart with add-ons disabled) and/or in Firefox Safe Mode?

http://support.mozil...US/kb/Safe Mode

If those work okay, it's probably something to do with a toolbar or other extension and you can then selectively enable them until you identify which one. Failing that, try a new user profile.

http://support.mozil...i...rofile&as=s

#3 Carolrs

Carolrs

• 5 posts

Posted 24 May 2011 - 18:45

Thanks very much - you've solved it! It was the AdBlock Plus add-on causing the problem. I've now disabled it for all Autosport.com pages and all the content is showing. :)

#4 Vitesse2

Vitesse2
  • Administrator

• 41,859 posts

Posted 24 May 2011 - 19:51

AdBlock Plus shouldn't do that on its own - it's most likely a conflict between AdBlock Plus and something else. Probably a toolbar.

#5 Carolrs

Carolrs

• 5 posts

Posted 24 May 2011 - 21:11

AdBlock Plus shouldn't do that on its own - it's most likely a conflict between AdBlock Plus and something else. Probably a toolbar.

I don't know what it could be. The only extras I've got are AdBlock Plus and the Web Developer toolbar. Anyway, the problem's solved so that's OK with me. :)