Hamilton's driving in Monaco '11 [split]

• Please log in to reply
1518 replies to this topic

#1 Massa

Massa

• 9,971 posts

Posted 29 May 2011 - 14:34

Poor driving

I think all Hamilton fanboy said that's Massa fault... Today, he made the same at Maldonado and Massa.. I hope he will take an another penality.

Advertisement

#2 Nigol

Nigol

• 2,740 posts

Posted 29 May 2011 - 14:35

Poor driving

I think all Hamilton fanboy said that's Massa fault... Today, he made the same at Maldonado and Massa.. I hope he will take an another penality.

Oh he shotcutted and hit some rejoining the track?

#3 olliek88

olliek88

• 4,050 posts

Posted 29 May 2011 - 14:37

hamiltons move on massa was silly, never going to work, the move on MAL was close but it'll be harsh if he gets a penalty for that, even if it was a bit over ambitious.

#4 MrAerodynamicist

MrAerodynamicist

• 14,226 posts

Posted 29 May 2011 - 14:38

Not one of Lewis' finest hours. I think it's clear that frustration is Lewis' main weakness; we saw it in Monza last year, Malaysia earlier this year, and again today.

#5 syph0nJZ05

syph0nJZ05

• 2,602 posts

Posted 29 May 2011 - 14:40

hamiltons move on massa was silly, never going to work, the move on MAL was close but it'll be harsh if he gets a penalty for that, even if it was a bit over ambitious.

Hamilton's move on Massa in the tunnel though was class. And let's not forget he had a brilliant overtake on Petrov, Schumi and was going to do Sutil as well before Jaime decided to drive into the back of him. Ok so he made a mistake trying the move on Massa at the hairpin, I think the Maldenardo move was a bit 50/50, it was the same as what happened with Schumi, but the less experienced rookie turned in. We'll see what the stewards say about that.

#6 abc02

abc02

• 253 posts

Posted 29 May 2011 - 14:41

That was kinda **** from Lewis. Sort of brings back memories of his 2008 antics. If he and Mclaren didn't mess up in qualifying he could have gotten at least a podium. Instead he gets involved in all sorts of nonsense.

#7 ImDDAA

ImDDAA

• 3,226 posts

Posted 29 May 2011 - 14:41

Not one of Lewis' finest hours. I think it's clear that frustration is Lewis' main weakness; we saw it in Monza last year, Malaysia earlier this year, and again today.

Agreed, Lewis had such good pace today and with some thoughtful driving and better strategy he could have landed in the top 5, he ruined it for himself this weekend and that's the worst performance I've ever seen from him. Thankfully we have Canada next, the perfect track for him to bounce back on.

#8 PretentiousBread

PretentiousBread

• 2,906 posts

Posted 29 May 2011 - 14:42

I agree with this. Bad day for Hamilton, although it'll be made out to be a whole lot worse than it actually was (his move on Massa was the only clear cut error on his part of the race IMO) but worst of all is that Vettel romps home with another 25 points in the bag. He's just been supreme this year, driver and car but it unfortunately makes for a dull title race.

Hard luck to Button, I still don't understand why he did a 3 stop though?

Edited by PretentiousBread, 29 May 2011 - 14:43.

#9 ForzaGTR

ForzaGTR

• 3,920 posts

Posted 29 May 2011 - 14:42

I love how the main topic of discussion on the whole forum is still King Hammy. Just shows how much of grip he has on F1. He is the centre of attention even if he has a bad race.

Hamilton really is the next Senna.

Edited by Olly F1, 29 May 2011 - 14:43.

#10 MinT

MinT

• 2,280 posts

Posted 29 May 2011 - 14:43

A bit crap from Mr Hamilton today.

#11 ImDDAA

ImDDAA

• 3,226 posts

Posted 29 May 2011 - 14:43

Hamilton's move on Massa in the tunnel though was class. And let's not forget he had a brilliant overtake on Petrov, Schumi and was going to do Sutil as well before Jaime decided to drive into the back of him. Ok so he made a mistake trying the move on Massa at the hairpin, I think the Maldenardo move was a bit 50/50, it was the same as what happened with Schumi, but the less experienced rookie turned in. We'll see what the stewards say about that.

Nah, it was Lewis fault on Maldenardo, it was just too ambitious. Shocking stuff from Hamilton really.

#12 OwenC93

OwenC93

• 1,850 posts

Posted 29 May 2011 - 14:44

Lewis was just unlucky that Massa decided to go up the inside of the car infront, so when Lewis went for it Massa had nowhere to go except the RW endplate of the car infront. Which is why Lewis thought Massa turned in on him.

A messy race for sure, that could have been alot better with a bit more luck.

Crappy weekend for Lewis really.

Edited by Buttoneer, 29 May 2011 - 14:45.

#13 Group B

Group B

• 14,507 posts

Posted 29 May 2011 - 14:48

I love how the main topic of discussion on the whole forum is still King Hammy. Just shows how much of grip he has on F1. He is the centre of attention even if he has a bad race.

So, just to clarify, how do you think he performed today?

#14 syph0nJZ05

syph0nJZ05

• 2,602 posts

Posted 29 May 2011 - 14:49

Nah, it was Lewis fault on Maldenardo, it was just too ambitious. Shocking stuff from Hamilton really.

I don't blame he really, the race was pretty much a write of anyway, at the time he was down in 7th, he made the same move stick on Schumi, thought it was probably worth a punt.

#15 PretentiousBread

PretentiousBread

• 2,906 posts

Posted 29 May 2011 - 14:49

I think this thread can only survive so long as LH fans acknowledge he didn't cover himself in glory today but also all the 'haters' acknowledge that he suffered ridiculous amounts of bad luck this weekend too.

Who am I kidding?

INCOMING! (hides)

#16 syph0nJZ05

syph0nJZ05

• 2,602 posts

Posted 29 May 2011 - 14:50

So, just to clarify, how do you think he performed today?

Apart from the Massa move at the hairpin I think it was a good weekend by him actually (although we don't yet know who's fault it was for his poor stop).

#17 ferrarijon123

ferrarijon123

• 851 posts

You would say this though your a mclaren fan. Your hardly going to say he was poor today are you. Lewis was poor today.

#18 slmk

slmk

• 4,398 posts

Lewis was probably at fault with Massa. Though he is blameless regarding Massa's crash.

As for Maldonado, it's clearly on both LH and PM.

#19 slmk

slmk

• 4,398 posts

Posted 29 May 2011 - 14:52

You would say this though your a mclaren fan. Your hardly going to say he was poor today are you. Lewis was poor today.

You're not much better considering your comments yesterday regarding Lewis. He didn't have his finest race, that's for sure, but he had to go for it otherwise he should have just settled for 9th from the get go.

Advertisement

#20 SNiko

SNiko

• 1,079 posts

If such driving gives result, I'm ok with it

#21 Watkins74

Watkins74

• 6,090 posts

Apart from the Massa move at the hairpin I think it was a good weekend by him actually (although we don't yet know who's fault it was for his poor stop).

:rotfl:

#22 ferrarijon123

ferrarijon123

• 851 posts

Posted 29 May 2011 - 14:53

You're not much better considering your comments yesterday regarding Lewis. He didn't have his finest race, that's for sure, but he had to go for it otherwise he should have just settled for 9th from the get go.

I think you'll find i didnt comment on anything about Lewis yesterday. :lol:

#23 eoin

eoin

• 5,015 posts

Terrible race, clearly carried his frustration from yesterday's qualifying into today's race. The good news for him is that Canada is up next.

#24 VicR

VicR

• 1,965 posts

Lewis should have been black flagged for pushing Felipe into the wall in the tunnel. Apparently he also clipped Felipe's back in the tunnel entrance. Gentlemens agreement, yeah right! :rolleyes:

Appalling and dangerous driving!

#25 blackonyx4

blackonyx4

• 1,284 posts

Nothing wrong with Hamilton`s driving today.

That`s the only way to make anything works on this track coming from behind.

But as racing fans adores processions in Monte Carlo this isnt acceptable.

#26 kosmos

kosmos

• 11,867 posts

Hamilton: "Surprise, surprise. I know the stewards love me, really."

:down:

Awful race, if it was Schumacher in his place, people will ask for his public execution. Every driver has the right to have a bad race, I'm not gonna twist the knife more, but I never expected such a drive from Hamilton. He will do better in Canada, no doubt.

#27 tarmac

tarmac

• 1,155 posts

Lewis on BBC

UMAD? :rotfl:

#28 JamesRaynor

JamesRaynor

• 872 posts

Posted 29 May 2011 - 14:54

Unfortunately for Hamilton, Vettel appears to be the next Schumi. :D

#29 SimMaker

SimMaker

• 771 posts

Lewis needs to learn some diplomatic skills. lol.

#30 NeilMick

NeilMick

• 665 posts

He's gonna get in trouble.

#31 olliek88

olliek88

• 4,050 posts

king hammy? in the sense he is getting massively over shone by Vettel, who is the best driver of his generation and a awesome qualifier, now who is it that reminds me of?

Sorry to troll but i can't help it when you have fanboys blindly posting crap to try and boost the driver they have a over the top obsession with and has no relevance to the topic.

#32 Muppetmad

Muppetmad

• 11,085 posts

Oh dear, Lewis just played the race card on BBC...

Lewis should have been black flagged for pushing Felipe into the wall in the tunnel.

This is the one incident I feel Lewis was in the right about. He had every right to put the car where he wanted, and Felipe simply didn't back out quick enough. Felipe's fault.

Edited by Muppetmad, 29 May 2011 - 14:55.

#33 syph0nJZ05

syph0nJZ05

• 2,602 posts

Why would I say Lewis had a poor race when actually there was only one poor incident. The fact that he messed up the move on Massa shouldn't detract from the incredible speed, determination and the other good overtakes Lewis had in the race. Instead of making sweeping statements like 'Lewis had a poor race', why don't you instead back up your arguments so it can be discussed; this is a forum after all.

#34 D A

D A

• 908 posts

Posted 29 May 2011 - 14:55

"Maybe because I'm black" ouch.

#35 tarmac

tarmac

• 1,155 posts

Lewis will regret these words.. this is a scandal :rolleyes:

#36 King Six

King Six

• 3,230 posts

I was thinking, don't do it. Don't pull it. But he did it.

I can see where he's coming from regarding Massa, Maldonado, but don't pull the race card!

#37 MinT

MinT

• 2,280 posts

Step away from the camera......

#38 Crazy Ninja

Crazy Ninja

• 1,379 posts

Lewis is very pissed off! Watching this bbc interview, he even joked that the stewards were after him "cos he was black" in reference to Ali G. It was said completely in jest though!

He makes a fair point though about trying to pas and you get punished.

#39 NeilMick

NeilMick

• 665 posts

king hammy? in the sense he is getting massively over shone by Vettel, who is the best driver of his generation and a awesome qualifier, now who is it that reminds me of?

Sorry to troll but i can't help it when you have fanboys blindly posting crap to try and boost the driver they have a over the top obsession with and has no relevance to the topic.

I guess you don't count Alonso in the same generation then.

Advertisement

#40 lokiman

lokiman

• 1,706 posts

Oh dear, Lewis just played the race card on BBC...

He was joking. That said, he is ****ing PISSED...........

#41 Classic Ferrari

Classic Ferrari

• 471 posts

:rotfl: :stoned:

#42 Les

Les

• 2,116 posts

'I just try and keep my mouth shut and enjoy the season' he just said. He really should follow his own advice!

#43 f1fastestlap

f1fastestlap

• 2,373 posts

Lewis should have been black flagged for pushing Felipe into the wall in the tunnel. Apparently he also clipped Felipe's back in the tunnel entrance. Gentlemens agreement, yeah right! :rolleyes:

Appalling and dangerous driving!

Grow up, you're embarrassing yourself...
:rolleyes:

#44 johnmhinds

johnmhinds

• 7,292 posts

"Maybe because I'm black" ouch.

It was a joke....

I hope. :/

#45 Bernoulli

Bernoulli

• 125 posts

Hamilton is a bad driver anyway

#46 R2D2

R2D2

• 780 posts

Posted 29 May 2011 - 14:56

My God, what an interview! He finished up with the point that he should keep his mouth shut, which maybe he could have heeded at the start of the interview. I wonder if he's going to have to see the FIA again, but this time for the disrepute thing that Mosley loved to use.

"Maybe it is because I is black?"

#47 Crazy Ninja

Crazy Ninja

• 1,379 posts

Posted 29 May 2011 - 14:56

I love how outspoken he is! Fantastic!

#48 lwd

lwd

• 219 posts

Posted 29 May 2011 - 14:57

Lewis is not my favourite driver, but in general I am a Lewis fan.

Having said that.... His driving today was atrocious. He was not alongside Massa or Maldonado and both incidents were entirely his fault. He will be lucky not to have a grid penalty for the next race I think.

#49 syph0nJZ05

syph0nJZ05

• 2,602 posts

:rotfl:

So what else do you think he did poor? The Schumi move, no that was good, the Petrov overtake, no that was good, his pace and determination, no typically top notch from Lewis...The Maldernado incident was the only other thing, but I think that was a bit 50/50, just my opinion of course, I'm sure others disagree.

#50 ferrarijon123

ferrarijon123

• 851 posts

Why would I say Lewis had a poor race when actually there was only one poor incident. The fact that he messed up the move on Massa shouldn't detract from the incredible speed, determination and the other good overtakes Lewis had in the race. Instead of making sweeping statements like 'Lewis had a poor race', why don't you instead back up your arguments so it can be discussed; this is a forum after all.

I think theres already been enough discussion about the incidents and i have no more to add. Its just my opinion that he didnt have a good race today.