Photo

Brabham 1989

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 TennisUK

TennisUK

• 21,430 posts

Posted 04 June 2011 - 20:51

How much did the Brabham of 1989 have to do with the Bernie era Brabham <=1987? They did a good job when the Pirelli's obliged (Monaco in particular) and of course they looked like Brabhams :) As I understand it Bernie tried to sell the team to Alfa after '88 and during 1988 they produced the Alfa Procar prototype which ran an Monza (which was quite an insane vehicle):

but was it essentially the same team which kicked off in 1989? I now there were various legal wrangling from mid 1989 onwards but was the initial ambition to be a real continuation of the team?

Advertisement

#2 Michael Ferner

Michael Ferner

• 7,180 posts

Posted 05 June 2011 - 07:20

Whether it was essentially the same team or not depends on the premises it was run off, and the staff that ran the team. I don't really know an answer to that question, but I can't for the life of me think of any reason why there should have been an "ambition to be a real continuation of the team" (whatever that means)? :confused:

#3 TennisUK

TennisUK

• 21,430 posts

Posted 25 June 2011 - 17:44

...but I can't for the life of me think of any reason why there should have been an "ambition to be a real continuation of the team" (whatever that means)? :confused:

Well, I think it would be related to the initial part of my post - was this the same team or not ? Or was it just the trademark applied to a new team?