Photo

Flavio Briatore to Ferrari? - [split & merge]

• Please log in to reply
141 replies to this topic

#1 Unbiased

Unbiased

• 414 posts

Posted 08 June 2011 - 12:14

Flavio is set to come to Ferrari. Agreement is pretty much a done deal, just not signed yet.

He should take over as team boss next season, maybe even at the end of this season depending how bad it will look around that time.

Advertisement

#2 Andy865

Andy865

• 2,447 posts

Posted 08 June 2011 - 12:16

reputable link or your talking bs, as per.

#3 steferrari

steferrari

• 1,587 posts

Posted 08 June 2011 - 12:24

Flavio is set to come to Ferrari. Agreement is pretty much a done deal, just not signed yet.

He should take over as team boss next season, maybe even at the end of this season depending how bad it will look around that time.

Source please ?

#4 David Ricardo

David Ricardo

• 245 posts

Posted 08 June 2011 - 12:50

You can´t just make this kind of out of the blue statement and expect to be believed.

#5 luicchi

luicchi

• 217 posts

Posted 08 June 2011 - 12:57

Source please ?

source: http://www.f1today.n...s-teambaas.html

"Briatore in talks with Ferrari for role as team boss"

The Italian Ferrari team has not started a season best known. The men from Maranello have not a single pole or victory managed to score with Fernando Alonso and Felipe Massa.

Luca di Montezemolo, Ferrari president is outraged by the current results. A source in the paddock of Monaco told our staff, "Di Montezemolo was really furious. Externally it is much milder than the interior rooms. He wants a lot of changes see the image of Ferrari to maintain, and of course it can compete for victories and the championship, something that now totally not an issue arises. "

The biggest change to the team boss. In which the construction will be applied in practice is unclear, Flavio Briatore, the heart of Ferrari's Formula 1 aspirations to form. "There are here in Monaco various sources, but also in Italy, who reported that Ferrari is in talks with Briatore later this year the new team boss of the Ferrari. He is Italian, knows the ropes, has been successful as Team boss with multiple world titles and Fernando Alonso knows very well - with whom he won two titles. Last but not least, Briatore knows exactly how a team should focus on a driver, something that Ferrari has always done. "

#6 Hollow

Hollow

• 370 posts

Posted 08 June 2011 - 13:45

Unbiased - Thanks for the news. That makes sense. We get a shark and dump a dolphin.

#7 topical

topical

• 2,815 posts

Posted 08 June 2011 - 14:14

Don't like the thought of Flavio at Ferrari. His name is mud after the Singapore scandal and I don't think it would be good PR for either Ferrari or Alonso to be working so closely with him again.

#8 ferrarijon123

ferrarijon123

• 851 posts

Posted 08 June 2011 - 14:17

Don't like the thought of Flavio at Ferrari. His name is mud after the Singapore scandal and I don't think it would be good PR for either Ferrari or Alonso to be working so closely with him again.

It probably wouldnt be but if it brings good results then i dont care :)

#9 Nonesuch

Nonesuch

• 15,870 posts

Posted 08 June 2011 - 14:24

Thanks for the link luicchi. I've tried to clarify the (presumably automated) translation a bit:

"Di Montezemolo was really furious. Externally it is much milder than the interior rooms. He wants a lot of changes see the image of Ferrari to maintain, and of course it can compete for victories and the championship, something that now totally not an issue arises. "

"Di Montezemolo is really furious. To the outside world he is much milder than he is within the team. He wants to see a lot of changes to uphold Ferrari's image, and of course to be able to compete for victories and the championship, something that seems out of reach at the moment."

"There are here in Monaco various sources, but also in Italy, who reported that Ferrari is in talks with Briatore later this year the new team boss of the Ferrari. He is Italian, knows the ropes, has been successful as Team boss with multiple world titles and Fernando Alonso knows very well - with whom he won two titles. Last but not least, Briatore knows exactly how a team should focus on a driver, something that Ferrari has always done. "

"There are a number of sources here in Monaco, but in Italy as well, who report that Ferrari is in talks with Briatore to take over the role of team boss later this year. He is an Italian, knows how things are done in Formula 1, has been successful as a team boss winning multiple championships and knows Fernando Alonso - with whom he won two titles [note: two each; 2x WDC, 2x WCC]. Last but not least, Briatore knows more than anybody else about how to focus a team on one driver, something that Ferrari has always done as well."

Edited by Nonesuch, 08 June 2011 - 14:30.

#10 Mika Mika

Mika Mika

• 6,752 posts

Posted 08 June 2011 - 14:44

"There are a number of sources here in Monaco, but in Italy as well, who report that Ferrari is in talks with Briatore to take over the role of team boss later this year. He is an Italian, knows how things are done in Formula 1, has been successful as a team boss winning multiple championships and knows Fernando Alonso - with whom he won two titles [note: two each; 2x WDC, 2x WCC]. Last but not least, Briatore knows more than anybody else about how to focus a team on one driver, something that Ferrari has always done as well."

Im willing to be proved wrong but i dont think Briatore was a key to sucess over the people below him such as pat simmonds!

#11 ViMaMo

ViMaMo

• 6,513 posts

Posted 08 June 2011 - 14:49

Not Flavio for god sake !! The man is repulsive ! Heard it all from Nelson P Jr

#12 Zava

Zava

• 7,116 posts

Posted 08 June 2011 - 14:50

"Di Montezemolo is really furious. To the outside world he is much milder than he is within the team. He wants to see a lot of changes to uphold Ferrari's image, and of course to be able to compete for victories and the championship, something that seems out of reach at the moment."

to uphold Ferrari's image, they'll contract a filthy cheater. perfect choice for ferrari I think :rolleyes: :rotfl:

#13 2ms

2ms

• 2,212 posts

Posted 08 June 2011 - 15:14

source: http://www.f1today.n...s-teambaas.html

"Briatore in talks with Ferrari for role as team boss"

The Italian Ferrari team has not started a season best known. The men from Maranello have not a single pole or victory managed to score with Fernando Alonso and Felipe Massa.

Luca di Montezemolo, Ferrari president is outraged by the current results. A source in the paddock of Monaco told our staff, "Di Montezemolo was really furious. Externally it is much milder than the interior rooms. He wants a lot of changes see the image of Ferrari to maintain, and of course it can compete for victories and the championship, something that now totally not an issue arises. "

The biggest change to the team boss. In which the construction will be applied in practice is unclear, Flavio Briatore, the heart of Ferrari's Formula 1 aspirations to form. "There are here in Monaco various sources, but also in Italy, who reported that Ferrari is in talks with Briatore later this year the new team boss of the Ferrari. He is Italian, knows the ropes, has been successful as Team boss with multiple world titles and Fernando Alonso knows very well - with whom he won two titles. Last but not least, Briatore knows exactly how a team should focus on a driver, something that Ferrari has always done. "

I can understand how Luca might be angry about what has turned out from Stefano's "Latinization" plan for world domination. I'm quite certain Stefano's the person who convinced him that "The Latin Plan" would bring them back to 2007 levels. And yes now Luca is, the opposite of was led to believe he would get, is looking at the worst results for Ferrari since way back in the early 90s. Stefano brought the problem onto Ferrari and he must go if they are going to be able to get things back to where they were the year before he took over (ie winning WDC and WCC).

BUT FLAVIO IS NOT THE ANSWER!

I have to think that these rumors are complete BS. For Ferrari more than any other team, reputation is deeply important and not only is Flavio not a good team director in the first place (eg look how much better Renault has been doing after he left), but he also is exactly the worst imaginable person for image and reputation as a top-class team.

#14 Pits

Pits

• 1,060 posts

Posted 08 June 2011 - 16:31

I think it would be a very big mistake to hire Briatore.
Don't think it's gonna happen, the be hounest.

First of all, someone who stages a crash like he did in Singapore should never be allowed back in the sport.
Besides the terribly bad publicity it wil give Ferrari and there sponsors.
IF it does happen, I will be really surprised...

#15 SCUDmissile

SCUDmissile

• 8,803 posts

Posted 08 June 2011 - 16:31

pahahahhahahahha.

Stefano will stay, methinks.

for one, he and Luca were working on a major restructure in staff, and they themselves have said continuity is the best thing.

i think these rumours from Italy are coming more from Flavio's side rather than Ferrari's. maybe like joe saward said, Flavio may be saying these things to his media frieds. also, Flavio himself said he did not want to be in F1 at the moment.

#16 CF22

CF22

• 389 posts

Posted 08 June 2011 - 16:41

As a person I don't like Flavio, but this is some news I've been waiting for. Flavio, as someone mentioned in a previous post is a shark, a great white shark and knows the game better than most, certainly better than Domenicali. I like Domenicali, I really do as a person, but to be boss of the scuderia you need to be ruthless, his nice guy attitude doesn't get the team anywhere and it's hurting Ferrari.

If any of you knew Enzo or have read of him you would know he was a ruthless person as well with a win at all costs type of attitude. Heck, if you say Flavio is a cheater you have not been following F1 for long, the sport has always been filled with cheats (or dirty tactics) in order to win, be it team bosses, engineers or drivers. Ayrton Senna, who most of you have deep respect for had this same win at all costs attitude. Flavio's real problem was getting rid of spoiled Piquet Jr. at the wrong moment.

#17 ArtShelley

ArtShelley

• 3,560 posts

Posted 08 June 2011 - 16:56

Flavio leading Ferrari? I simply can't believe it until I see it. But if true, it will be hilarious. To be fair, I think Flavio will improve the outfit and Alonso will once again become WDC. But unlike the first 2 WDC's, the future ones will be tainted if under Flavio.

#18 Ferrari2183

Ferrari2183

• 11,577 posts

Posted 08 June 2011 - 16:59

Flavio leading Ferrari? I simply can't believe it until I see it. But if true, it will be hilarious. To be fair, I think Flavio will improve the outfit and Alonso will once again become WDC. But unlike the first 2 WDC's, the future ones will be tainted if under Flavio.

Explain how the future titles will be tainted.

#19 BalazsF1

BalazsF1

• 1,019 posts

Posted 08 June 2011 - 17:10

Flavio Briatore is not an example as a human, he overrides everyone to be succesful. But that's what a team needs, so I would be happy if he joined us.

Advertisement

#20 rdebourbon

rdebourbon

• 1,628 posts

Posted 08 June 2011 - 18:46

Personally I would find it VERY hard to remain a tifosi if Flavio was brought into the team..

In my eyes Flavio is worse than the **** you find in the bottom of a really deep sewer, and the thought that Ferrari would align themselves with such a "person" would be enough to make me find another team to support. Hell it may even push me over to the chrome side..

#21 rdebourbon

rdebourbon

• 1,628 posts

Posted 08 June 2011 - 19:13

I can understand how Luca might be angry about what has turned out from Stefano's "Latinization" plan for world domination. I'm quite certain Stefano's the person who convinced him that "The Latin Plan" would bring them back to 2007 levels. And yes now Luca is, the opposite of was led to believe he would get, is looking at the worst results for Ferrari since way back in the early 90s. Stefano brought the problem onto Ferrari and he must go if they are going to be able to get things back to where they were the year before he took over (ie winning WDC and WCC).

BUT FLAVIO IS NOT THE ANSWER!

I have to think that these rumors are complete BS. For Ferrari more than any other team, reputation is deeply important and not only is Flavio not a good team director in the first place (eg look how much better Renault has been doing after he left), but he also is exactly the worst imaginable person for image and reputation as a top-class team.

I was under the impression Luca was the one who pushed for the "Latinization", and it was this attitude that pushed Brawn to leave..

No matter the driving force, Flavio is not the answer!!

#22 iotar

iotar

• 2,153 posts

Posted 08 June 2011 - 19:24

to uphold Ferrari's image, they'll contract a filthy cheater. perfect choice for ferrari I think :rolleyes: :rotfl:

Lie (Hamilton/McLaren) cheat (...) steal (McLaren). Fits well, agreed?

#23 Zava

Zava

• 7,116 posts

Posted 08 June 2011 - 19:57

Not Really. 2009 was much worse. Compare Ferraris no1 driver points in the first 6 races in 2009 and in 2011.

The F150 isn`t that bad, under current set of rules, it is a car good enough to fight for a podium in the race. Also, Alonso is currently driving like his life depends on it.

We were robbed in Monaco, lets strike back in Canada!

:lol:
Paul Hembery:
"From the data we can see that Sebastian Vettel's tyres would have gone the distance if he had continued to drive on them in the same way that he had been doing up to the red flag period."
http://www.autosport...rt.php/id/92038
let it go :wave:

#24 ferrarijon123

ferrarijon123

• 851 posts

Posted 08 June 2011 - 19:58

:lol:
Paul Hembery:
"From the data we can see that Sebastian Vettel's tyres would have gone the distance if he had continued to drive on them in the same way that he had been doing up to the red flag period."
http://www.autosport...rt.php/id/92038
let it go :wave:

Doesnt mean fernando wouldnt have got past.

#25 puxanando

puxanando

• 3,538 posts

Posted 08 June 2011 - 20:01

Doesnt mean fernando wouldnt have got past.

:up: exactly
nothing else than propaganda from/for the tire producer...... :stoned:

#26 Tuxy

Tuxy

• 1,073 posts

Posted 08 June 2011 - 20:11

Utterly moronic statement. Like Ferrari are the poster-child for cheaters in F1 today. :rolleyes:

Back on topic, I don't like the idea of Flavio running the team, but I'm sure Alonso will. Maybe it would work out, I dunno.

Edited by Tuxy, 08 June 2011 - 20:12.

#27 rabbitleader

rabbitleader

• 1,746 posts

Posted 08 June 2011 - 20:26

It's aboslutely hilarious to read posts defending Flavio after all the bull and hypocrisy over Spygate......especially as Ferrari already employ one leading individual involved in Spygate and now possibly Crashgate.

#28 rabbitleader

rabbitleader

• 1,746 posts

Posted 08 June 2011 - 21:33

Go away. McLaren continue to employ people who were also actively involved in Spygate. I don't give a rats ass about what Flavio did in the past. If he brings a winning mentality with him then I'm all for it.

Well there you go.....from one who made endless posts criticising McLaren for the actions of individuals under Spygate......but happy to see Ferrari employ someone who was kicked out of F1.

On that basis I suppose you would have no complaints if Stepney was ever hired by McLaren??

Edited by rabbitleader, 08 June 2011 - 21:38.

#29 Ferrari2183

Ferrari2183

• 11,577 posts

Posted 08 June 2011 - 21:53

Well there you go.....from one who made endless posts criticising McLaren for the actions of individuals under Spygate......but happy to see Ferrari employ someone who was kicked out of F1.

On that basis I suppose you would have no complaints if Stepney was ever hired by McLaren??

I think you will find that I was critical of the fact that more employees were involved than was let on... About Stepney, of course McLaren can employ him. They've already welcomed Pedro back so it makes no difference to me.

You are critical of Ferrari employing cheaters but I would look closer to home if I were you.

#30 undersquare

undersquare

• 18,929 posts

Posted 08 June 2011 - 22:15

It would be great if Flav runs Ferrari. Without Symonds and the design team of Smith/Toso and the rest of them, we'd see what havoc a political T-shirt salesan can wreak inside the scuderia.

Anyone remember how the No2 Renault drivers were treated?

It'd all be very nearly as amusing as handing over the entire Tecnhical Department to a McLaren guy. Flav could launch that nice Red Mclaren for 2012...

Yes please :D

#31 Ferrari2183

Ferrari2183

• 11,577 posts

Posted 08 June 2011 - 22:55

It would be great if Flav runs Ferrari. Without Symonds and the design team of Smith/Toso and the rest of them, we'd see what havoc a political T-shirt salesan can wreak inside the scuderia.

It'd all be very nearly as amusing as handing over the entire Tecnhical Department to a McLaren guy. Flav could launch that nice Red Mclaren for 2012...

Lol. Flavio has more success than Ron Dennis and Martin Whitmarsh combined in the last decade and a half. Real funny statement...

#32 undersquare

undersquare

• 18,929 posts

Posted 08 June 2011 - 23:04

Lol. Flavio has more success than Ron Dennis and Martin Whitmarsh combined in the last decade and a half. Real funny statement...

Sure it was Flav? Anyway I'm all for it if he's on his way to you :up:

#33 Bonaventura

Bonaventura

• 7,698 posts

Posted 08 June 2011 - 23:09

I'm really looking foreward to the new Ferrari team kit
the "Flavio thong"

Edited by Bonaventura, 08 June 2011 - 23:10.

#34 as65p

as65p

• 26,207 posts

Posted 08 June 2011 - 23:30

I'm really looking foreward to the new Ferrari team kit
the "Flavio thong"

Yeah, who needs Ferrari vs. McLaren when we can have the thongs vs. the blings! :p

#35 Bonaventura

Bonaventura

• 7,698 posts

Posted 08 June 2011 - 23:35

Yeah, who needs Ferrari vs. McLaren when we can have the thongs vs. the blings! :p

no brainer, easy choice :D

#36 ViMaMo

ViMaMo

• 6,513 posts

Posted 09 June 2011 - 01:31

Flavio can get things done, but his attitude is that of a B**ch. Thats what I dont like about him, people dont need to be blackmailed to perform.

I dont know how many engineers, technicians, crew, faced his arm twisting and blackmail apart from Nelson Piquet Jr.

Does Ferrari need a BRUTE as a team head?

#37 KnucklesAgain

KnucklesAgain

• 11,798 posts

Posted 09 June 2011 - 06:20

yes he does:
"...if he had continued to drive on them in the same way that he had been doing up to the red flag period."

"drive them in the same way" != "same speed". We all know that the tyres drop off lap after lap (goes for Vettel, Alonso and Button of course)

#38 ArtShelley

ArtShelley

• 3,560 posts

Posted 09 June 2011 - 06:40

Explain how the future titles will be tainted.

Are you serious? You want me to explain why Flavio, the man who asked Alonso's team mate to crash on purpose, just so Alonso could win one race when they weren't even remotely in contention for the championship? Amazing - why do you think he so desperately wanted to get Alonso that win? Simple - because he desperately wanted to try and keep Alonso in the team for longer and thought that would somehow convince him.

So it's bad enough if a character like that heads a team, let alone being paired up once again with the very driver that he wanted to please so much that he stooped to the level of such a crime.

If Flavio heads Ferrari, then each of Alonso's races will be scrutinised. If ever his team mate crashes into a wall and it benefits Alonso; or crashes into another driver who is competing for the championship with Alonso; or impedes such a driver; etc etc etc etc etc, it will raise significant question marks on how valid such wins by Alonso are.

It would taint Ferrari as a team not only willing to hire the lowest of the low, but also to reinstate the same toxic conditions of pairing Flavio with Alonso, a driver that Flavio is willing to do anything for.

People used to snigger at Ron Dennis and Lewis; they still snigger at Marko Helmut and Vettel; but it is nothing compared to how it will be viewed if it once again becomes Flavio Briatore and Alonso.

#39 slmk

slmk

• 4,398 posts

Posted 09 June 2011 - 06:48

Are you serious? You want me to explain why Flavio, the man who asked Alonso's team mate to crash on purpose, just so Alonso could win one race when they weren't even remotely in contention for the championship? Amazing - why do you think he so desperately wanted to get Alonso that win? Simple - because he desperately wanted to try and keep Alonso in the team for longer and thought that would somehow convince him.

So it's bad enough if a character like that heads a team, let alone being paired up once again with the very driver that he wanted to please so much that he stooped to the level of such a crime.

If Flavio heads Ferrari, then each of Alonso's races will be scrutinised. If ever his team mate crashes into a wall and it benefits Alonso; or crashes into another driver who is competing for the championship with Alonso; or impedes such a driver; etc etc etc etc etc, it will raise significant question marks on how valid such wins by Alonso are.

It would taint Ferrari as a team not only willing to hire the lowest of the low, but also to reinstate the same toxic conditions of pairing Flavio with Alonso, a driver that Flavio is willing to do anything for.

People used to snigger at Ron Dennis and Lewis; they still snigger at Marko Helmut and Vettel; but it is nothing compared to how it will be viewed if it once again becomes Flavio Briatore and Alonso.

:up:

I like Flavio but he's pretty much persona non grata as an executive in F1. Ferrari has bigger problems to solve than Domenicali/Briatore.

Advertisement

#40 rommel

rommel

• 294 posts

Posted 09 June 2011 - 06:57

Bit of an exaggeration there. Alonso and Flavio shared over 100 races together and there was only 1 single shadey incident in all that time, so no reason to think every race between them at Ferrari would be suspicious. How many times does a crash benefit his team mate anyway?

Plus Flavio has already been busted so he would have to be brain dead to try and cheat again knowing he is under the microscope. I don't see a problem. As a team boss Flavio is one of the greats.

#41 ArtShelley

ArtShelley

• 3,560 posts

Posted 09 June 2011 - 07:40

Bit of an exaggeration there. Alonso and Flavio shared over 100 races together and there was only 1 single shadey incident in all that time, so no reason to think every race between them at Ferrari would be suspicious. How many times does a crash benefit his team mate anyway?

Plus Flavio has already been busted so he would have to be brain dead to try and cheat again knowing he is under the microscope. I don't see a problem. As a team boss Flavio is one of the greats.

Only 1 single shady incident? It wasn't just shady mate, it was a goddamn crime. It was match fixing; it was putting a driver's life at risk. The only thing I can think worse than that is if he actually undid a wheel nut with his own hands to cause a crash.

Guys like Flavio don't change their ways. He's got sociopathic tendencies, that much is obvious. You clearly have no idea of his history. A quick check will reveal some juicy info:

- 1970's, assistant to a business who was killed in a car bomb attack - unknown perpetrator. Not saying Flavio had anything to do with this of course, but clearly the business he was involved in wasn't driving little old grannies to church on Sunday.
- Then he was convicted for gambling related fraud, cheating and swindle.
- Then again later he was convicted for fraud involving the bankruptcy of the company owned by the businessman who was killed by the car bomb.
- For the above he was sentenced to prison, and to avoid serving his dues he fled country to the Virgin Islands.
- He joined Benetton, clothing line, and became very rich due to an agreement where he took a cut of each franchising agreement. Surprise surprise though that unscrupulous Flavio simply opened too many stores purposely - since he got a cut from each new agreement - but it turned out too many stores had opened and the store owners complained they had too much competition from each other (too many stores too close to each other). Many stores had to be closed down, owners lost their business - who was heavily involved in all of it all? Our friend Flavio.
- Then the infamous Singapore 2008 incident.

So you've said above that Singapore 2008 should curb his criminal ways? Hardly - in May 2010, Italian police seized his yacht for alleged smuggling and massive tax fraud. Seems that being under the microscope has really put him on the straight and narrow.

A man with such a rich and illustrious history to lead a Formula 1 team with a rich and illustrious history. A match made in heaven? :lol:

#42 fnz

fnz

• 2,138 posts

Posted 09 June 2011 - 07:51

Although I can't agree with what he did in Singapore, I would love to see him back in F1.
Formula 1 needs some flamboyant people in contrast to all the PR-machines.

#43 blackmme

blackmme

• 1,001 posts

Posted 09 June 2011 - 07:51

Only 1 single shady incident? It wasn't just shady mate, it was a goddamn crime. It was match fixing; it was putting a driver's life at risk. The only thing I can think worse than that is if he actually undid a wheel nut with his own hands to cause a crash.

Guys like Flavio don't change their ways. He's got sociopathic tendencies, that much is obvious. You clearly have no idea of his history. A quick check will reveal some juicy info:

- 1970's, assistant to a business who was killed in a car bomb attack - unknown perpetrator. Not saying Flavio had anything to do with this of course, but clearly the business he was involved in wasn't driving little old grannies to church on Sunday.
- Then again later he was convicted for fraud involving the bankruptcy of the company owned by the businessman who was killed by the car bomb.
- For the above he was sentenced to prison, and to avoid serving his dues he fled country to the Virgin Islands.
- He joined Benetton, clothing line, and became very rich due to an agreement where he took a cut of each franchising agreement. Surprise surprise though that unscrupulous Flavio simply opened too many stores purposely - since he got a cut from each new agreement - but it turned out too many stores had opened and the store owners complained they had too much competition from each other (too many stores too close to each other). Many stores had to be closed down, owners lost their business - who was heavily involved in all of it all? Our friend Flavio.

So you've said above that Singapore 2008 should curb his criminal ways? Hardly - in May 2010, Italian police seized his yacht for alleged smuggling and massive tax fraud. Seems that being under the microscope has really put him on the straight and narrow.

A man with such a rich and illustrious history to lead a Formula 1 team with a rich and illustrious history. A match made in heaven? :lol:

From the sources I have seen thats a pretty accurate summary, although you missed a bomb outside his London house in 1993....

Regards Mike

#44 Ferrari2183

Ferrari2183

• 11,577 posts

Posted 09 June 2011 - 09:11

Thats all good and well but does it automatically mean every win will be tainted? Which is what you said...

#45 HPT

HPT

• 2,107 posts

Posted 09 June 2011 - 09:20

You left out 'Option 13' and illegal fuel rig with Benetton F1 in 1994.

#46 peroa

peroa

• 10,783 posts

Posted 09 June 2011 - 09:41

f1enigma Dimitris
There are more and more stories/rumors coming (this time from http://bit.ly/jlFOws) telling that Ferrari is in talks with Briatore

lol, lol, lol, epic fail ...

#47 Bonaventura

Bonaventura

• 7,698 posts

Posted 09 June 2011 - 09:48

f1enigma Dimitris
There are more and more stories/rumors coming (this time from http://bit.ly/jlFOws) telling that Ferrari is in talks with Briatore

lol, lol, lol, epic fail ...

Well , I just wait until Silvio Berlusconi takes over Lucas job, and Luca Berlusconis
would fit perfectly

#48 ArtShelley

ArtShelley

• 3,560 posts

Posted 09 June 2011 - 10:38

Thats all good and well but does it automatically mean every win will be tainted? Which is what you said...

Did I? I actually said a future TITLE will be tainted. On the basis of my following post, that there will be a race win or more where his team mate does have an incident that can be construed to indirectly favour Alonso. It most likely could just be a coincidental incident, but with Flavio behind the helm it will raise suspicion. Besides, no team mate would have a fair chance. They would automatically join the team as a No.2, regardless of their potential and will never be given the chance to shine. Reality? Maybe not. But it will be common perception. Make your choice Ferrari.

#49 ArtShelley

ArtShelley

• 3,560 posts

Posted 09 June 2011 - 10:41

You left out 'Option 13' and illegal fuel rig with Benetton F1 in 1994.

I intentionally did, because those kinds of things are normal cheating, if ever there is such a term. All teams try it on, and if caught should be penalised. But can't blame them - within the sport, they will push the regulations and limits and take risks bending the rules. There's a level that's acceptable, knowing that getting caught will incur a penalty. Fair enough.

Then there is the extreme of pressuring a driver to crash on purpose.

#50 Dunder

Dunder

• 6,784 posts

Posted 09 June 2011 - 10:44

I intentionally did, because those kinds of things are normal cheating, if ever there is such a term. All teams try it on, and if caught should be penalised. But can't blame them - within the sport, they will push the regulations and limits and take risks bending the rules. There's a level that's acceptable, knowing that getting caught will incur a penalty. Fair enough.

Then there is the extreme of pressuring a driver to crash on purpose.

The result of "normal cheating"

Posted Image