Photo

whittlebury campsite for F1

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 LookButDontStare

LookButDontStare

• 231 posts

Posted 14 June 2011 - 15:42

Any reviews on this campsite,thinking of booking here this year.how are the showers and toilets,entertainment etc?
thanks

Advertisement

#2 chrisblades85

chrisblades85

• 2,606 posts

Posted 14 June 2011 - 18:11

Any reviews on this campsite,thinking of booking here this year.how are the showers and toilets,entertainment etc?
thanks

Never stayed there. But walked through it one year. All the facilities looked good, looked more upmarket so to speak. I think some drivers stay in the actual hall, so you may get a glimpse if you want.

#3 LookButDontStare

LookButDontStare

• 231 posts

Posted 15 June 2011 - 07:50

Never stayed there. But walked through it one year. All the facilities looked good, looked more upmarket so to speak. I think some drivers stay in the actual hall, so you may get a glimpse if you want.

thanks,ive booked now to stay there,Kennel anyone????

#4 squiresm

squiresm

• 37 posts

Posted 15 June 2011 - 08:53

thanks

I stayed there in 2009 and thought it was great as far as campsites go. The showers were decent and had hot water, there were plenty of toilets and the entertainment was good too, it certainly helped pass the time in the evenings.

As chrisblades has mentioned some of the drivers stay in the main hall too so if you hang around long enough outside you can get a glimpse of them or even autographs etc

#5 condor

condor

• 12,509 posts

Posted 17 June 2011 - 11:27

I stayed there a couple of years ago for the Silverstone Classic weekend - was quite a long walk to the circuit IIRC about 15 mins to the (now named National) Pits straight entrance and Woodcote.
Otherwise it was fine :)