Photo

McLaren's disgraceful excuses for Hamilton.

• Please log in to reply
119 replies to this topic

#1 intothepits

intothepits

• 409 posts

Posted 16 June 2011 - 00:08

I have nothing against Hamilton or McLaren... However... Their constant excuses to excuse his actions in the previous two Grand Prix are an absolute disgrace.

You don't excuse your driver by saying 'He's a racer' 'We don't want to change him' when he pulverizer's himself into another driver, driving them off the line and track in the process.

This is just wrong... and reeks of McLaren wanting to keep a hold on Hamilton, so he doesn't eventually wonder off to faster teams such as Red Bull.

McLaren should realize Hamilton is not happy with the car and team.... Basically, it's just not going to win a title like the Red Bull is, and Hamilton is frustrated he is not number 1 fastest driver week in-week out like Vettel is currently.

So from here on... I wish to see a halt to Martin Whitmarsh's excuses that 'he's a racer' to come to an end... Because quite frankly, LH is being too aggressive and frustrated on the track.

They are sucking up to him to keep a hold off him... and in the process, Lewis is playing up to this when he has an off, expecting his beloved team to just totally agree with him, as they are wanting to keep a hold of him and will do whatever it takes.... They should have more pride as a team.

McLaren need to get some guts.

Edited by intothepits, 16 June 2011 - 00:34.

Advertisement

#2 chhatra

chhatra

• 496 posts

Posted 16 June 2011 - 00:12

Feel free to go and run your own F1 team with two competitive drivers. These kind of posts are hilarious.

#3 Eff One 2002

Eff One 2002

• 870 posts

Posted 16 June 2011 - 00:13

You're overreacting. At least Lewis IS a racer and will have a go. Sure, moves like that don't always come off but motor racing is about taking risks. There should be more drivers like him out there.

#4 jonnoj

jonnoj

• 1,114 posts

Posted 16 June 2011 - 00:16

I'm from Britain, I have nothing against Hamilton or McLaren... However... Their constant excuses to excuse his actions in the previous two Grand Prix are an absolute disgrace.

You've never watched BTTC?

#5 wepmob2000

wepmob2000

• 709 posts

Posted 16 June 2011 - 00:23

Lewis alone has done 10% of all the overtakes this year, he's the raciest racer in F1 at the moment.....not an excuse - more a statement of fact.

Edited by wepmob2000, 16 June 2011 - 00:30.

#6 intothepits

intothepits

• 409 posts

Posted 16 June 2011 - 00:25

No ones saying he is somehow all of a sudden, some kind of bad driver, but he's gone over the top in the previous Grand Prix... and it needs to be corrected.

So in every future Grand Prix, let's have Lewis crashing into drivers shall we... Oh but don't worry IT'S ALL OK, HE'S A RACER!

I mean, come on...

#7 teejay

teejay

• 3,594 posts

Posted 16 June 2011 - 00:27

You thinking he will crash into people at every grand prix

I mean, come on....

#8 Andrew Hope

Andrew Hope
  • Writer of 2013's Best Opening Post

• 6,928 posts

Posted 16 June 2011 - 00:30

Hamilton exemplifies everything I find entertaining in a race car driver, and that is more important to me than if he exemplified everything that is admirable in a human being. I don't watch Formula One for off track drama - the off track drama is all icing on the cake, vague entertainment to be amused by or ignored as needed, not to be endlessly scrutinized and distracting. I like the F1 grid as it is now - there are plenty of different kinds of drivers, but if it had to be a grid full of twenty or so copies of a single driver we've got now, I'll take 20 Lewis Hamiltons over 20 Jenson Buttons or Sebastien Vettels any day of the week.

Let's please stop pretending F1 is a soap opera. It really doesn't matter what teams say or drivers say or engineers say. It's good for those that find that shit interesting, but we're kidding ourselves if we're pretending it really matters.

#9 Dunder

Dunder

• 6,784 posts

Posted 16 June 2011 - 00:41

As a fan of the team it is fine for someone like me, on a bulletin board, to be critical of Lewis (or Jenson) when they perform below par for whatever reason

A team principal will always be more sanguine, in public, and rightly so. I would remind you that we have no idea what is said behind closed doors.

#10 intothepits

intothepits

• 409 posts

Posted 16 June 2011 - 00:43

Exactly, yet it's just too see-through to the more perceptive fans and viewers... Who do they think they are kidding???? The way they talk they think every F1 Mclaren fan or F1 viewer has an IQ of 4!

I know it's a whole PR thing to make things come across better than they are, but let's not insult the viewers intelligence now.

#11 pingu666

pingu666

• 8,637 posts

Posted 16 June 2011 - 00:46

its f1, only as good as your last race

and tbh if your racing, or doing anything on the limit, stuff happens and it doesnt always go right, its not some massive crysis or disaster. hes just trying to make stuff happen, ofcourse he could just drone around and not do anything, but i think we would hate that and so would he.

and most of these "massive headfail in wrong place moments of utter doom" are other people deciding to drive into him

#12 DankBank

DankBank

• 56 posts

Posted 16 June 2011 - 00:49

LMAO, is this a real post?

:rotfl:

#13 pingu666

pingu666

• 8,637 posts

speaking of PR, i find paul di resta is really good at saying nothing in alot of words

#14 Otaku

Otaku

• 465 posts

I wish there were 26 Lewis Hamiltons (or 26 drivers with his attitude) on the grid. Races would be way cooler.

#15 Totza

Totza

• 453 posts

Posted 16 June 2011 - 00:52

Hamilton exemplifies everything I find entertaining in a race car driver, and that is more important to me than if he exemplified everything that is admirable in a human being. I don't watch Formula One for off track drama - the off track drama is all icing on the cake, vague entertainment to be amused by or ignored as needed, not to be endlessly scrutinized and distracting. I like the F1 grid as it is now - there are plenty of different kinds of drivers, but if it had to be a grid full of twenty or so copies of a single driver we've got now, I'll take 20 Lewis Hamiltons over 20 Jenson Buttons or Sebastien Vettels any day of the week.

Let's please stop pretending F1 is a soap opera. It really doesn't matter what teams say or drivers say or engineers say. It's good for those that find that shit interesting, but we're kidding ourselves if we're pretending it really matters.

Great post :up:

#16 freya

freya

• 1,585 posts

Posted 16 June 2011 - 00:59

You know those guys that start beating the beaten dead horse once they suddenly wake up, when everyone else is tired of beating it?

Edited by freya, 16 June 2011 - 00:59.

#17 BennyJohnson

BennyJohnson

• 656 posts

Posted 16 June 2011 - 01:18

So from here on... I wish to see a halt to Martin Whitmarsh's excuses that 'he's a racer' to come to an end... Because quite frankly, LH is being too aggressive and frustrated on the track.

Somehow, I have this suspicious feeling that McLaren, MW and LH have bigger things in their mind that how happy you are with their driving, performance and PR. I mean, I'm not 100% on that, but I'm preeettttyyy sure. :rolleyes:

#18 Tsarwash

Tsarwash

• 3,409 posts

Posted 16 June 2011 - 01:31

Your rant is funny. If you feel so strongly about it why don't you just phone up Martin Whitmarsh and tell him straight... Oh wait... you're just a member of the public ranting on the internet and your opinions don't mean shit to him or anybody else in the team. I remember now. What makes you think that the McLaren team is being run entirely for your benefit, and you should get your way ? I happen to like the way the team seems to be going presently, and think that they are handling two excellent drivers extremely well.

What other teams have had two recent world champions racing for them, and have held it together this well ? Red Bull nearly imploded last year with two drivers that had never won a single championship at that point. McLaren of 2008 had the FIA physically intervene to ensure that the drivers were being given fair attention.

#19 intothepits

intothepits

• 409 posts

Posted 16 June 2011 - 01:35

Tsarwash, you seem to think I care greatly about how McLaren operate... I actually am not too fussed about the team, but I made the thread because I can see the blatant over the top guarding of Hamilton, where they seem desperate to keep hold of him (which is understandable as he's a great driver)... Just some of the things they're saying... It's very see through...

Good luck to them in keeping Hamilton, let's hope they can come up with a number 1 car in the near future so Hamilton doesn't have to leave, because as we've seen.... Hamilton wants a number 1 winning car that will give him another championship, if McLaren can't provide that soon then he's off to another team that can provide that.

Advertisement

#20 Alx09

Alx09

• 1,278 posts

Posted 16 June 2011 - 01:39

Oh dear... :drunk:

#21 Hairpin

Hairpin

• 4,468 posts

Posted 16 June 2011 - 01:48

I have nothing against Hamilton or McLaren... However... Their constant excuses to excuse his actions in the previous two Grand Prix are an absolute disgrace.

You don't excuse your driver by saying 'He's a racer' 'We don't want to change him' when he pulverizer's himself into another driver, driving them off the line and track in the process.

This is just wrong... and reeks of McLaren wanting to keep a hold on Hamilton, so he doesn't eventually wonder off to faster teams such as Red Bull.

McLaren should realize Hamilton is not happy with the car and team.... Basically, it's just not going to win a title like the Red Bull is, and Hamilton is frustrated he is not number 1 fastest driver week in-week out like Vettel is currently.

They are sucking up to him to keep a hold off him... and in the process, Lewis is playing up to this when he has an off, expecting his beloved team to just totally agree with him, as they are wanting to keep a hold of him and will do whatever it takes.... They should have more pride as a team.

You did not really think that through, did you?

#22 Watkins74

Watkins74

• 5,684 posts

Posted 16 June 2011 - 01:51

I wish there were 26 Lewis Hamiltons (or 26 drivers with his attitude) on the grid. Races would be way cooler.

We would need to add a team but I feel your vibe.  ;)

#23 DILLIGAF

DILLIGAF

• 3,112 posts

Posted 16 June 2011 - 03:07

You don't excuse your driver by saying 'He's a racer' 'We don't want to change him'

Yes you do. He is a racer & you don't want to change that. He just needs to settle down a fraction & he's back in the game imo. :cool:

#24 klyster

klyster

• 4,266 posts

Posted 16 June 2011 - 03:40

I'm so disgusted with McLaren!! How dare they put forward such disgraceful excuses for the infidel Hamilton!!

I think I actually vomited a bit just then, the disgust is building to an unhealthy level..... ;-)

Edited by klyster, 16 June 2011 - 06:06.

#25 Jazza

Jazza

• 998 posts

Posted 16 June 2011 - 03:43

"brain fade"

McLaren just can't win with some people.

#26 moorsey

moorsey

• 623 posts

Posted 16 June 2011 - 04:18

This has got to be a wind up or it's the most comical thread ever.

#27 femi

femi

• 6,203 posts

Posted 16 June 2011 - 05:26

What a waste of space :down:

#28 mlsnoopy

mlsnoopy

• 2,356 posts

Posted 16 June 2011 - 06:37

It hurts that Lewis beat Alonso in the same car. Doesn't it.

#29 corf

corf

• 266 posts

Posted 16 June 2011 - 06:39

Lewis alone has done 10% of all the overtakes this year, he's the raciest racer in F1 at the moment.....not an excuse - more a statement of fact.

That was before Sunday - I dont think it is anywhere near 10% anymore.

#30 TURU

TURU

• 2,786 posts

Posted 16 June 2011 - 07:02

Exactly, yet it's just too see-through to the more perceptive fans and viewers... Who do they think they are kidding???? The way they talk they think every F1 Mclaren fan or F1 viewer has an IQ of 4!

I know it's a whole PR thing to make things come across better than they are, but let's not insult the viewers intelligence now.

I don't know what's the point of talking to them at all, since they won't understand anyway :confused:

Posted Image

#31 tifosiMac

tifosiMac

• 6,490 posts

Posted 16 June 2011 - 07:36

What a pointless thread.

#32 hunnylander

hunnylander

• 4,448 posts

Posted 16 June 2011 - 07:40

Yeah. To tell Button to f**k off for putting his team mate into the wall!

He was miserable when went into the pits with amortized car after his Alonso incident. Without several luck and favoritism from stewards his race would have been shit!

#33 SuperSoft

SuperSoft

• 348 posts

Posted 16 June 2011 - 08:22

I fully agree. And I will let you into a little secret here.... this ain't the first time this has happened with Martin Whitmarsh either....

On Saturday morning, just after the final practice session, Doris (the McLaren tea lady) dropped a half empty cup of coffee onto the canteen floor. It SMASHED into the tiles like a TSUNAMI, creating HAVOC and almost PULVERIZED a McLaren engineer on his foot. It was DEVESTATION and CARNAGE like you would not believe. Talk about Japan? Oh my God, this was much worse.

You know what MW said to her? Seriously?

"Don't worry love, accidents happen".

??? Can you believe the nerve on that guy? what a lying git. Accident? it was a disaster.

I don't think he will ever learn. Sack him I say.

#34 kosmos

kosmos

• 6,523 posts

Posted 16 June 2011 - 08:26

Mclaren is doing to Lewis what they did to Alonso, Lewis jump the ship! :drunk:

#35 drunkenmaster

drunkenmaster

• 325 posts

Posted 16 June 2011 - 08:32

I think the thread starter has a very valid point. I'm also annoyed by McLaren's excuses of him being a racer. That implies that the other guys on track, who aren't continuously involved in crashes, are no racers. And that's nonsense, because racing is not crashing. Hamilton seems to have the imagination that he's the greatest driver on earth, and that all other guys have to move over when he comes. But it doesn't work that way. If everyone would be driving like Hamilton no one would ever see the checkered flag. So overtaking is of course good, and everyone wants to see it, but do it when it's actually possible not just for the sake of it. And McLaren should tell him that instead of further encouraging him to be a kamikaze-pilot.

#36 tifosiMac

tifosiMac

• 6,490 posts

Posted 16 June 2011 - 08:35

I fully agree. And I will let you into a little secret here.... this ain't the first time this has happened with Martin Whitmarsh either....

On Saturday morning, just after the final practice session, Doris (the McLaren tea lady) dropped a half empty cup of coffee onto the canteen floor. It SMASHED into the tiles like a TSUNAMI, creating HAVOC and almost PULVERIZED a McLaren engineer on his foot. It was DEVESTATION and CARNAGE like you would not believe. Talk about Japan? Oh my God, this was much worse.

You know what MW said to her? Seriously?

"Don't worry love, accidents happen".

??? Can you believe the nerve on that guy? what a lying git. Accident? it was a disaster.

I don't think he will ever learn. Sack him I say.

:up: :lol:
He should have made a mountain out of a molehill or at least joined here.. :)

#37 moorsey

moorsey

• 623 posts

Posted 16 June 2011 - 08:38

I think the thread starter has a very valid point. I'm also annoyed by McLaren's excuses of him being a racer. That implies that the other guys on track, who aren't continuously involved in crashes, are no racers. And that's nonsense, because racing is not crashing. Hamilton seems to have the imagination that he's the greatest driver on earth, and that all other guys have to move over when he comes. But it doesn't work that way. If everyone would be driving like Hamilton no one would ever see the checkered flag. So overtaking is of course good, and everyone wants to see it, but do it when it's actually possible not just for the sake of it. And McLaren should tell him that instead of further encouraging him to be a kamikaze-pilot.

Oh how I wish everyone could drive Like LH. What a fantastic spectacle that would make.

#38 ViMaMo

ViMaMo

• 5,020 posts

Posted 16 June 2011 - 08:44

It would become a demolition derby :D

#39 drunkenmaster

drunkenmaster

• 325 posts

Posted 16 June 2011 - 08:51

Oh how I wish everyone could drive Like LH. What a fantastic spectacle that would make.

It would become a demolition derby :D

Exactly. Now stock car racing is really a lot of fun, there's no doubt about it, but that's F1. And the cars are just too expensive to that crap with them...

Advertisement

#40 Jordana

Jordana

• 740 posts

Posted 16 June 2011 - 09:16

:up:

#41 Kelateboy

Kelateboy

• 5,791 posts

Posted 16 June 2011 - 09:26

Lewis' teammate had done more overtaking in the last GP alone than Lewis had done in all 7 races this year.

#42 Kelateboy

Kelateboy

• 5,791 posts

Posted 16 June 2011 - 09:32

26 nos? Isn't that the number of overtaking done by Button in the last GP? :rotfl:

Where did the additional 2 drivers come from?

#43 Jordana

Jordana

• 740 posts

Posted 16 June 2011 - 09:37

Lewis alone has also crashed many more time than any of the top drivers... :rolleyes:

So, he could be the raciest racer but also the "crashiest" one in F1 at the moment... :rotfl:

#44 Jordana

Jordana

• 740 posts

Posted 16 June 2011 - 09:38

26 nos? Isn't that the number of overtaking done by Button in the last GP? :rotfl:

Where did the additional 2 drivers come from?

Could they be the safety and the medical cars' drivers? :rotfl:

#45 PAGATRON

PAGATRON

• 302 posts

Posted 16 June 2011 - 09:39

Then they should give Jenson the same advice seeing as he was involved in a couple of incidents also.

#46 Jordana

Jordana

• 740 posts

Posted 16 June 2011 - 09:41

Then they should give Jenson the same advice seeing as he was involved in a couple of incidents also.

I agree! :up:

In fact, I think Jenson did not deserve the victory but he was lucky in the incidents and the safety car helped him everytime it came out but that's F1! :smoking:

#47 MikeTekRacing

MikeTekRacing

• 5,717 posts

Posted 16 June 2011 - 09:41

So, he could be the raciest racer but also the "crashiest" one in F1 at the moment... :rotfl:

which is quite obvious. you attempt more => you fail more often.

X makes 2 passes, 0 accidents
Y makes 300 passes, 2 accidents

sure, Y is a terrible racer ;)

#48 Bonaventura

Bonaventura

• 7,698 posts

Posted 16 June 2011 - 09:46

He was miserable when went into the pits with amortized car after his Alonso incident. Without several luck and favoritism from stewards his race would have been shit!

Couldn't agree more.

#49 R2D2

R2D2

• 780 posts

Posted 16 June 2011 - 09:50

Bernie defends Lewis:

http://www.independe...is-2297880.html

#50 Lazy

Lazy

• 5,135 posts

Posted 16 June 2011 - 09:59

Button has always been very good about giving people space, too much so according to some Lewis fans and now he has suddenly become the sort of driver who puts his team mate in the wall? Ridiculous.

Hamilton drove a great race in China and all the Jenson fans applauded it. Jenson drove a great race in Canada so many Hamilton fans just want to deride him with any bs they can come up with.