Photo

'Motor Sport' vol. XLIII no. 7, July 1967

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Angus Lamont

Angus Lamont

• 81 posts

Posted 18 June 2011 - 04:21

I am looking for an article, written by DSJ, which appeared in the above issue that details Cosworth doing some testing at Silverstone.

Can anyone help me please?

Advertisement

#2 wenoopy

wenoopy

• 648 posts

Posted 18 June 2011 - 05:40

I am looking for an article, written by DSJ, which appeared in the above issue that details Cosworth doing some testing at Silverstone.

Can anyone help me please?

Not Sure.

There is an article on the Lotus 49 by Jenks in the July 1967 issue. Reference is made to the Cosworth engine, not specifically to testing at Silverstone. In the June issue, Jenks devotes about 2/3 of a page in "Continental Notes" to the Cosworth engine, but again no mention of testing. Perhaps I missed it. I can scan and email these to you if you want.

Stuart Buchanan

#3 Angus Lamont

Angus Lamont

• 81 posts

Posted 21 June 2011 - 01:11

Not Sure.

There is an article on the Lotus 49 by Jenks in the July 1967 issue. Reference is made to the Cosworth engine, not specifically to testing at Silverstone. In the June issue, Jenks devotes about 2/3 of a page in "Continental Notes" to the Cosworth engine, but again no mention of testing. Perhaps I missed it. I can scan and email these to you if you want.

Stuart Buchanan

Hi Stuart,

Thank you very much for taking the time to look into this for me. The article that I'm looking for concerns the testing of a fuel injection system by Cosworth (for the SCA or the FVA engine, I think). My main interest is in the car that they used in these tests. I believe it to be a Brabham BT10 whose history I am tracing. I hope that I have mentioned the correct issue as. if I remember correctly, Jenks seemed to suggest that this testing was done on the quiet.

If you could scan and email me copies of the articles that you mention I would appreciate it very much. I'm not sure how to go about giving you my email address!

#4 Ted Walker

Ted Walker

• 1,432 posts

Posted 21 June 2011 - 05:29

Yes it was Mike Costins BT10 Chassis F2-12-64.

#5 Angus Lamont

Angus Lamont

• 81 posts

Posted 22 June 2011 - 00:58

Yes it was Mike Costins BT10 Chassis F2-12-64.

Correct. This is the car that I am refering to. As a matter of interest how do you know the original chassis number? It was changed, by "Bill" Jones after he bought the car, to F2-67 (for Customs reasons I suspect).

Thank you for your confirmation.