Photo

AUTOSPORT Weekly Poll 20/21 June: Parity in the BTCC

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

Poll: Are turbos and N/A cars properly balanced in the BTCC? (47 member(s) have cast votes)

Are turbos and N/A cars properly balanced in the BTCC?

1. The turbos need to be slowed down (13 votes [27.66%])

Percentage of vote: 27.66%

2. The N/A cars need to be slowed down (4 votes [8.51%])

Percentage of vote: 8.51%

3. The balance is about right (30 votes [63.83%])

Percentage of vote: 63.83%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 AUTOSPORT-Polls

AUTOSPORT-Polls
  • AUTOSPORT Magazine

• 86 posts

Posted 20 June 2011 - 12:10

Hi everyone

For this week's AUTOSPORT Poll, we're looking at the ongoing question of performance balancing in the BTCC. Do the turbos have it too easy? Are the N/A cars quicker than they're given credit for? Or does TOCA have the equalisation about right? There's no prizes for guessing how Jason Plato would vote if he gets involved, but what do all the rest of you think?

We'll be taking the results of the poll tomorrow morning GMT, and they'll be run in the news section of this week's AUTOSPORT magazine.

Thanks in advance for taking part!

Regards

Mark Glendenning
AUTOSPORT

Advertisement

#2 Atreiu

Atreiu

• 17,232 posts

Posted 20 June 2011 - 12:14

Everyone needs more power. Always.

#3 Andy865

Andy865

• 2,447 posts

Posted 20 June 2011 - 12:19

Where the Plato should shut his trap option?

#4 Sakae

Sakae

• 19,256 posts

Posted 20 June 2011 - 12:31

F1 is about excesses, “kill”, “annihilation” of the opponent, and not about parity, balance and less power. I am not sure who is behind all of these loving ideas, but whoever he is, he has it wrong.

#5 KezK2011

KezK2011

• 2 posts

Posted 20 June 2011 - 15:20

I think there's a nice balance. The turbos are still strong enough in the race to have an advantage down the straight but Plato proved in qualifying last week that the turbos are beatable, even if they had a hell of a lot of ballast onboard

#6 Andy865

Andy865

• 2,447 posts

Posted 20 June 2011 - 15:22

F1 is about excesses, “kill”, “annihilation” of the opponent, and not about parity, balance and less power. I am not sure who is behind all of these loving ideas, but whoever he is, he has it wrong.

Thats why the poll is about BTCC...........

#7 Kraken

Kraken

• 980 posts

Posted 20 June 2011 - 15:30

I think there's a nice balance. The turbos are still strong enough in the race to have an advantage down the straight but Plato proved in qualifying last week that the turbos are beatable, even if they had a hell of a lot of ballast onboard

Qualifying is very, very different from racing though. You don't need to overtake people in qualifying...

#8 Wi000

Wi000

• 1,163 posts

Posted 20 June 2011 - 16:24

Thats why the poll is about BTCC...........

Ahh BTCC don't care about that national series, so no vote.

#9 jonnoj

jonnoj

• 1,114 posts

Posted 20 June 2011 - 20:27

Bloke in front faster than you are? Never mind, just punt them off. I've lost count the number of times Matt Neal has got away with that move.

#10 Crazy Ninja

Crazy Ninja

• 1,379 posts

Posted 20 June 2011 - 21:02

Think the turbo's need pegged back just a little bit more. Though not much. I keep blabbering on about how easy they pull away in the straights but I forget that there are penalties to having a turbo car. Someone more technically minded could elaborate on this point I'm sure! I do think if Plato had not of been so vociferous in his complaints against the turbo's then maybe there wouldn't be such a hullabaloo surrounding the issue.

Edited by Crazy Ninja, 20 June 2011 - 21:07.

#11 AUTOSPORT-Polls

AUTOSPORT-Polls
  • AUTOSPORT Magazine

• 86 posts

Posted 21 June 2011 - 13:05

Time's up! We're now taking the results for this week's issue of AUTOSPORT magazine. Thanks again to everyone who voted, and we'll return with another poll on Monday.

Regards

Mark Glendenning
AUTOSPORT