Photo

Donington dates changed

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 elansprint72

elansprint72

• 4,029 posts

Posted 20 June 2011 - 12:44

If, like me you put all the dates for race meetings into your diary at the start of the season, it might be worth checking the Donington website, as they have revised the calendar for the rest of the year..

Advertisement

#2 Stephen W

Stephen W

• 15,584 posts

Posted 20 June 2011 - 13:59

They have already cancelled the 8 Hr Motor Bike Enduro & 750MC race meeting.

:|

#3 elansprint72

elansprint72

• 4,029 posts

Posted 20 June 2011 - 16:23

Too many noisy days, apparently. Strange that the same rules do not apply to the East Mids Airport, innit?

#4 Pink Snail

Pink Snail

• 521 posts

Posted 20 June 2011 - 16:40

I agree with that comment....too many noisy track days but when we camp at DP the damn planes start taking off at god-o`clock in the morning!!! Could never work that one out either. At least we get up in time for a brekky before hitting the track! Without opening a can of worms, I would hazard a guess that someone at the local council still has it in for DP.
If it were down to me, I`d be encouraging as much action as possible at DP so as to attract visitors and money to the local community. In the time that the circuit was inactive I know that business did suffer. One of them ran into a shortfall of £30k+ over the year, but happily stayed in business and survived. If they intoduced restrictions on the Airport there would be hell on. Ho Hum!!

#5 Giraffe

Giraffe

• 7,316 posts

Posted 20 June 2011 - 16:52

Cars are probably the wrong type of noise.

#6 elansprint72

elansprint72

• 4,029 posts

Posted 20 June 2011 - 20:19

Cars are probably the wrong type of noise.

I bet the recent Download Festival was noisier!

#7 Pink Snail

Pink Snail

• 521 posts

Posted 20 June 2011 - 21:32

Called in today and Mark who works in the Collection shop attended Download :smoking: . He said the attendance was down on previous years :confused: . I heard that there was app 75,000 over the weekend, in previous years there was about 125,000 plus. Sign of the times or just the way things have gone over the last year. Or maybe they couldn`t hear the music because of the noisy airplanes!!! :lol: :lol: