Photo

Getting worse?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 ReWind

ReWind

• 3,404 posts

Posted 24 June 2011 - 17:35

It seems in certain areas that the performance of the forum software is decreasing instead of getting better.

On TNF there is the Happy Birthday thread containing 12 long lists of birthdays. In the past months I struck off entries which proved to be false and added death dates without any problem. For the last time in May.

But those minor additions are not possible anymore because now if I try to edit one of those posts I get a notice claiming “Sorry, your post was too long, please reduce it” (even if I try to remove an entry and thus shorten my post!).

It is a shame that the forum software hinders the maintenance of those lists which I would like to keep as correct as can be.

Advertisement

#2 Vitesse2

Vitesse2
  • Administrator

• 41,856 posts

Posted 25 June 2011 - 16:54

I think this is probably a (hopefully temporary) knock-on from the "new and creative way to break" that the software found last weekend. IIRC the same thing occurred and was previously fixed after the IP Board software was introduced: some glitches in search have also returned, so I suspect a lot of the customisation has been removed in order to make the damn thing run at all - in another thread, Hack has said he's applied a duct tape solution for now.