Photo

Miller Meet silent auction

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 David M. Woodhouse

David M. Woodhouse

• 125 posts

Posted 13 July 2011 - 23:36

During the Milwaukee Miller Meet banquet, there was a silent auction of the late Dave Uihlein's personal library. The lots were organized in boxes of about six to ten books per box. Whoever organized the boxes mixed two or three rare and desireable items in with the rest being fairly common books in the same general area of interest. There were naturally many Miller items, but also pretty much anything on oval racing you've ever heard of plus much Bugatti and Alfa material (Dave had a P3). Prices seemed very reasonable to me. I saw Michael Ferner score a copy of the Complete Ray Kuns Auto Racing Book. When was the last time one of those came up, and there were two copies on the table? Henry Adamson was lucky bidder on a lot that had a first edition Simon Moore Immortal 2.9 plus T.A.S.O Mathieson's 1906-14 book at a VERY reasonable price. Joe Freeman got a box with several Art Sparks items, and most agreed that the successful bidders were adding to their own libraries rather than trying for a profit on resale. Monies raised went to the Harry A. Miller Club. This was a very nice evening for book people.

Woody

Advertisement

#2 mac miller

mac miller

• 47 posts

Posted 14 July 2011 - 00:31

Glad to hear that Michael got that Ray Kuns book!

mac miller in INDY

#3 D-Type

D-Type

• 9,705 posts

Posted 14 July 2011 - 10:27

I like to think that these books have all gone to good homes where they will be appreciated for what they are not for what they might sell for.

#4 paulhooft

paulhooft

• 873 posts

Posted 14 July 2011 - 20:19

I had copies of Kuns Magazine 3,4 and 5 for some time and found a PDF of number 3 on Ebay last year.
I recently found an original hardcopy of number 2 on EBAY.
So I am still looking for part 1 to make my research complete..
Paul.