Budapest Taxi Ride

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Louis Mr. F1

Louis Mr. F1

• 3,495 posts

Posted 17 July 2011 - 16:50

Hello
I've been having difficulities using the City Taxi's online reservation system, it always return with some weird characters and the reservation didn't seem to go through since I haven't received any confirmation.

Does anyone know if it'd be too late to book a taxi on the Saturday before the race for a ride to the circuit on Sunday? I think I will need to book it by phone when I eventually get to Budapest on the Saturday before race day, I hope it won't be too late by then, anyone knows? I'll be staying in the Pest side of the city.

thank you

Advertisement

#2 bonscott

bonscott

• 34 posts

Posted 27 July 2011 - 11:21

i have never taken a taxi to the circuit, so i dont know much about race morning traffic.

but generally you should always order the taxi on phone (never hop in on the street), as it is cheaper, and always use a big company (city taxi, taxi4, fotaxi, 6x6 taxi, etc) to avoid unreasonable prices.

taxi4 is the "official partner", and the webpage says 9900 huf/39 eur flat price from bp to the ring.

#3 Louis Mr. F1

Louis Mr. F1

• 3,495 posts

Posted 03 August 2011 - 13:50

thanks!
I'm now back from the trip to Budapest - the hotel (Hotel Ambra) I stayed in helped me booked the taxi rides in advance - I used City Taxi and the drivers were very good, I've booked 3 rides and they all arrived ahead of time, that gave me the peace of mind.