Photo

Denmark Special

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 richie

richie

• 444 posts

Posted 26 July 2011 - 20:22

A recent press report in my local paper last week says that Stuart Beare's late father Denis built the car in the early 50's and raced it at Goodwood and Brands. Said to be owned by someone from Abinger Hammer.

What's the rest of the story?

Advertisement

#2 Tim Murray

Tim Murray

• 24,605 posts

Posted 26 July 2011 - 20:52

The car is discussed in this thread on the Autopuzzles site. Unfortunately the photos of it that were obviously there are no longer visible. Here's the conclusion:

The name I have for it is the Denmark Special - Denmark, not because it comes from that country but named after Denis and Mark Beare who rebuilt it after WWII.
It was originally constructed as the RWG Special by Roy Watling-Greenwood in 1935 as the first of two built by him.

#3 Tim Murray

Tim Murray

• 24,605 posts

Posted 26 July 2011 - 21:13

This would seem to be the car:

http://www.classicca...c...h=1&ref=181

#4 D-Type

D-Type

• 9,705 posts

Posted 26 July 2011 - 21:20

The car is discussed in this thread on the Autopuzzles site. Unfortunately the photos of it that were obviously there are no longer visible. Here's the conclusion:

The pictures were there when I followed the link. Maybe nowadays you have to be registered on Autopuzzles to see them. But the pictures are the same as those on the classic car agency link anyway.

#5 Tim Murray

Tim Murray

• 24,605 posts

Posted 26 July 2011 - 21:30

Thanks Duncan - I did wonder if you had to be registered to see the photos.

#6 richie

richie

• 444 posts

Posted 28 July 2011 - 21:22

Thanks, you never fail to provide the answers.

It seems that a Mr Rogers from Abinger Hammer is now the owner, the question is which one?