Photo

Where has all the fun gone? And why...?

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#1 mba21

mba21

• 798 posts

Posted 01 August 2011 - 14:11

Where has all the fun gone from the Forum ?

Advertisement

#2 tonyed

tonyed

• 982 posts

Posted 01 August 2011 - 16:38

Fun, FUN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You ain't here to have fun son. Get yer 'air cut and get fell in. :(

#3 mba21

mba21

• 798 posts

Posted 01 August 2011 - 17:40

Fun, FUN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You ain't here to have fun son. Get yer 'air cut and get fell in. :(

Hair is ok,and am ready :stoned: :stoned: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

#4 cheapracer

cheapracer

• 10,388 posts

Posted 01 August 2011 - 19:06

I think the OP has a very serious question there.

Quite contradictory really!

#5 dommieracer

dommieracer

• 216 posts

Posted 01 August 2011 - 20:03

What is hair? :rotfl:

#6 Coupe Kawasaki

Coupe Kawasaki

• 1,501 posts

Posted 01 August 2011 - 21:07

What is hair? :rotfl:

Well OK Worzel, if you insist.

#7 Coupe Kawasaki

Coupe Kawasaki

• 1,501 posts

Posted 01 August 2011 - 21:08

I hear that you have the little Italian Moped done..the NR125

#8 fil2.8

fil2.8

• 19,496 posts

Posted 01 August 2011 - 21:27

Well , Worzel , yes , how right you are , this great forum :rolleyes: used to be a wonderful mix of serious , funny , informative , helpful , and loads of other things :blush: ( which I can't think of :o ) , great WWW's , I used to look forward to putting on me 'puter , then , there were a few objections to the ' off topic ' chats :confused: , I didn't / don't agree with all that's said , but , hey ho , that's life , what's the saying ?? .............oh , yes , you can please some people some of the time , but , you can't please all the people all the time !!!
There has , because of the objections , a few interesting posters ( excluding Daisy ) gone elsewhere !!! and , so did I :p , apart from a couple of new posters , the forum became a bit ' stale ' , I think !!! , come on guys , get off your high horses , lets return to escapism , which this was , and don't be so ' pickie ' :wave:

#9 mba21

mba21

• 798 posts

Posted 01 August 2011 - 21:27

I hear that you have the little Italian Moped done..the NR125

Well Daisy you are mistaken.............. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

#10 mba21

mba21

• 798 posts

Posted 01 August 2011 - 21:29

Well , Worzel , yes , how right you are , this great forum :rolleyes: used to be a wonderful mix of serious , funny , informative , helpful , and loads of other things :blush: ( which I can't think of :o ) , great WWW's , I used to look forward to putting on me 'puter , then , there were a few objections to the ' off topic ' chats :confused: , I didn't / don't agree with all that's said , but , hey ho , that's life , what's the saying ?? .............oh , yes , you can please some people some of the time , but , you can't please all the people all the time !!!
There has , because of the objections , a few interesting posters ( excluding Daisy ) gone elsewhere !!! and , so did I :p , apart from a couple of new posters , the forum became a bit ' stale ' , I think !!! , come on guys , get off your high horses , lets return to escapism , which this was , and don't be so ' pickie ' :wave:

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

#11 Coupe Kawasaki

Coupe Kawasaki

• 1,501 posts

Posted 01 August 2011 - 21:30

Well Daisy you are mistaken.............. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Well I did say NR :rolleyes:

#12 Coupe Kawasaki

Coupe Kawasaki

• 1,501 posts

Posted 01 August 2011 - 21:43

I haven't been on here for a while so who's been upsetting you Phil? Didums :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

#13 fil2.8

fil2.8

• 19,496 posts

Posted 01 August 2011 - 22:03

I haven't been on here for a while so who's been upsetting you Phil? Didums :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Me , upset , Daisy :yawnface: , don't get upset ..............leave that to others :p :rolleyes:

#14 dommieracer

dommieracer

• 216 posts

Posted 02 August 2011 - 00:25

Worzel, worzel, i am not worzel nor a daisy. I doz not chew grass nor fornikate wif sheep, awright me luvvers. I am a Man of Kent, not a Kentish Man. ( make sure ye says that right )

Too true some of the fun is a missing, yes compared to some i am a young buck ( 42 and not giving up ) and fun i do like. But respect i give to the older ( maybe wiser ) folk, but racing is in all of our hearts. So to hell with the stiff upper lip and lets all enjoy our sport as time on this planet is too short.

YOU ARE ONLY YOUNG ONCE, BUT CAN BE JUVENILE AT ANY TIME OF YOUR LIFE. :p

Kevin Sweet.
Son of an ex GP racer, ex racer himself but most of all, a lover of the sport.

#15 rd500

rd500

• 474 posts

Posted 02 August 2011 - 13:39

like the time i was approaching a junction in the rain intending to turn right on my h2 and when trying to stop [from probably far too high a speed] the front wheel started to lock, which i found amazing as the pads were about the same size as a 50p.

anyhow i was easily going to overshoot the junction and go out into the flow of traffic when a kindly chap in a skoda rapid was turning right into the junction.

i can honestly say if i had not hit him and been launched over the roof onto road with many bruises and some cracked ribs, amazingly with no damage done to the skoda, i could have been in real trouble!

after straightning the bars, and as i painfully kicked the starter the triple burst into life much to the horror of the skoda driver and various onlookers who gathered at the scene, i made off home for repairs to begin and a stiff vody.

then there was the woman who helped me out of a ditch one time and remarked to me " you just overtook me a moment ago"

quality :stoned:

#16 rotrax

rotrax

• 176 posts

Posted 02 August 2011 - 17:14

like the time i was approaching a junction in the rain intending to turn right on my h2 and when trying to stop [from probably far too high a speed] the front wheel started to lock, which i found amazing as the pads were about the same size as a 50p.

anyhow i was easily going to overshoot the junction and go out into the flow of traffic when a kindly chap in a skoda rapid was turning right into the junction.

i can honestly say if i had not hit him and been launched over the roof onto road with many bruises and some cracked ribs, amazingly with no damage done to the skoda, i could have been in real trouble!

after straightning the bars, and as i painfully kicked the starter the triple burst into life much to the horror of the skoda driver and various onlookers who gathered at the scene, i made off home for repairs to begin and a stiff vody.

then there was the woman who helped me out of a ditch one time and remarked to me " you just overtook me a moment ago"

Hi, been in similar situations. In my road riding years extracting myself from the bottom of a hedgerow with a motorbike-usually a Triumph Twin-on top of me was a regular occurence I once crashed into the centre of a green triangle with a signpost in the middle,hitting said post. It was by a pub. A punter from the pup came across to me as I kicked the bars straight and suggested I parked elsewhere! He was deadly serious and thought I was there by choice. Lets lighten up and have a bit of humour-its good to have a laugh.

#17 Russell Burrows

Russell Burrows

• 6,529 posts

Posted 02 August 2011 - 19:04

Is this the bikers' Paddock Club?

#18 mba21

mba21

• 798 posts

Posted 02 August 2011 - 22:36

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: brilliant

#19 dommieracer

dommieracer

• 216 posts

Posted 08 August 2011 - 22:33

Replying to Where has all the fun gone? and why..........

Shafted by Dorna and Bernie comes to mind. Oh sorry you are on about the forum, sorry must be the time of the year as i have a bee in my bonnett again!!

Advertisement

#20 rd500

rd500

• 474 posts

Posted 08 August 2011 - 22:59

must admit i never have known what a biker was meant to be. im certainly not one.

moto gp - makes having to go out on a sunday exciting

#21 sterling49

sterling49

• 10,917 posts

Posted 08 August 2011 - 23:15

Well I did say NR :rolleyes:

Is this poster Daisy?? Well I never ! I do not post often for much the same reasons given earlier. Sad really, as the wealth of experience that a lot of members have, just cannot be bought.

#22 sterling49

sterling49

• 10,917 posts

Posted 08 August 2011 - 23:16

Blimey Russ, where you been?

#23 Russell Burrows

Russell Burrows

• 6,529 posts

Posted 09 August 2011 - 00:05

Blimey Russ, where you been?

Watching arson, looting and cars being fired in my street, Sterling. :eek:

#24 sterling49

sterling49

• 10,917 posts

Posted 10 August 2011 - 07:49

Watching arson, looting and cars being fired in my street, Sterling. :eek:

The country has gone bonkers mate, our fun is pretty innocent by comparison matey :well:

#25 Rennmax

Rennmax

• 2,048 posts

Posted 10 August 2011 - 08:27

Don't know where your fun has gone, but I can assure you that the fun will come to Schotten on weekend 19/21 August, where forum member 'richard100n' will compete on his ex Bob Anderson Manx :clap: :clap:

Edited by Rennmax, 10 August 2011 - 08:45.

#26 mba21

mba21

• 798 posts

Posted 10 August 2011 - 22:33

Worzel, worzel, i am not worzel nor a daisy. I doz not chew grass nor fornikate wif sheep, awright me luvvers. I am a Man of Kent, not a Kentish Man. ( make sure ye says that right )

Too true some of the fun is a missing, yes compared to some i am a young buck ( 42 and not giving up ) and fun i do like. But respect i give to the older ( maybe wiser ) folk, but racing is in all of our hearts. So to hell with the stiff upper lip and lets all enjoy our sport as time on this planet is too short.

YOU ARE ONLY YOUNG ONCE, BUT CAN BE JUVENILE AT ANY TIME OF YOUR LIFE. :p

Kevin Sweet.
Son of an ex GP racer, ex racer himself but most of all, a lover of the sport.

Helloooooooooo Sweety :kiss: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :kiss:

#27 RC162

RC162

• 332 posts

Posted 11 August 2011 - 16:55

If there's no fun then lets try an old joke !

Guy driving down the motorway in his Jag in the 60's. He's doing about 60 when a Greaser on a ratty BSA 500 pulls along side him and taps on the guys window. 'Sod you' he thinks and winds the old Jag up to 80. Shortly the old BSA draws up along side him again and taps on his window again so the guy takes the Jag up to the ton. But with the pipes glowing and rattling like a demon the old BSA draws up to his window again and the Greaser taps on it. This time the guy winds down the window and shouts 'What the hell are you doing' to which the Greaser pops a fag in his mouth and says 'Have you got a light mate' The guy shouts back 'You're bloody mad, you'll kill yourself' to which the Greaser replies ' Nah, I only smoke five a day"

#28 tonyed

tonyed

• 982 posts

Posted 11 August 2011 - 17:36

If there's no fun then lets try an old joke !

Guy driving down the motorway in his Jag in the 60's. He's doing about 60 when a Greaser on a ratty BSA 500 pulls along side him and taps on the guys window. 'Sod you' he thinks and winds the old Jag up to 80. Shortly the old BSA draws up along side him again and taps on his window again so the guy takes the Jag up to the ton. But with the pipes glowing and rattling like a demon the old BSA draws up to his window again and the Greaser taps on it. This time the guy winds down the window and shouts 'What the hell are you doing' to which the Greaser pops a fag in his mouth and says 'Have you got a light mate' The guy shouts back 'You're bloody mad, you'll kill yourself' to which the Greaser replies ' Nah, I only smoke five a day"

Don't give up the day job, even if you're unemployed. :down: With that material you wouldn't last five minutes at the 'Giggleswick Empire' :stoned:

Sherlock Holmes and Dr. John Watson went on a camping trip. After sharing a good meal and a bottle of Petrie wine, they retire to their tent for the night.

At about 3 AM, Holmes nudges Watson and asks, "Watson, look up into the sky and tell me what you see?"

Watson said, "I see millions of stars."

Holmes asks, "And, what does that tell you?"

Watson replies, "Astronomically, it tells me there are millions of galaxies and potentially billions of planets. Astrologically, it tells me that Saturn is in Leo. Theologically, it tells me that God is great and we are small and insignificant. Horologically, it tells me that it's about 3 AM. Meteorologically, it tells me that we will have a beautiful day tomorrow. What does it tell you, Holmes?"

Holmes retorts, "Someone stole our tent." :rolleyes:

By the way, 'GET YER 'AIR CUT AND GET FELLIN YOU 'ORRIBLE LITTLE MAN' :mad:

Went down the 'Smoke' yesterday with the TZ thought it must be a twostroke convention :|

Edited by tonyed, 11 August 2011 - 17:39.