Japanese GP

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Bren

Bren

• 56 posts

Posted 03 August 2011 - 11:18

hi,

luckily i will be in Japan for Suzuka, which are the seats to get?
there isnt much available now, how about the last corner?

Advertisement

#2 IMOA

IMOA

• 56 posts

Posted 21 August 2011 - 02:13

hi,

luckily i will be in Japan for Suzuka, which are the seats to get?
there isnt much available now, how about the last corner?

It really depends on what's left. We did the esses last year which I enjoyed because you get an F1 car changing direction at high spend which is one of the great sights in motorsport. If you look on the suzuka website they have panoramic pictures from all the stands so you can get a pretty good idea what the view will be like.

By last corner do you mean right on top of the chicane (which particularly up high would be fantastic) or the stand between 130R and the chicane?

#3 Bren

Bren

• 56 posts

Posted 21 September 2011 - 10:57

well i got my ticket, its for turn 1, which wont be so bad. I was at T1 at the chinese GP and that was superb.
the main difficulty has been no places to stay in Nagoya, so i will do a day trip from Tokyo, thats going to be an effort and a half!

#4 bdb

bdb

• 7 posts

Posted 26 September 2011 - 16:50

Wish I could help, but I went to Fuji, but I found the trains to be exceptional, the only thing to take into account was it was about an
hour bus ride from the train to the track, again it might not relevant to Suzuka.

enjoy!

#5 Bren

Bren

• 56 posts

Posted 28 September 2011 - 07:55

yes, the trains are indeed superb and i found the 'f1 express bus' that goes from Nagoya to Suzuka.
Cant wait.

#6 fisssssi

fisssssi

• 1,309 posts

Posted 29 September 2011 - 10:02

Hey guys,

I'm in Tokyo just for this year and if I don't go to the grand prix I'm going to regret it for the rest of my life... Unfortunately I've been kinda busy and the date has totally crept up on me, now it's just next weekend and I haven't planned anything!

I've been researching a bit about it tonight but I was hoping I could tap into some of the wisdom here... please help me out :)

1. Does anyone know a good way to get to Suzuka from Tokyo? I believe I might have to go via Nagoya. Is there anything cheaper than the Shinkansen?
2. I've been to the Australian grand prix in Melbourne many times, and I usually go for the general admission since I like walking around and checking out all the corners. Does anyone know what the general admission at Suzuka circuit is like? Is it better to go for a grandstand?

Many thanks!

#7 IMOA

IMOA

• 56 posts

Posted 01 October 2011 - 10:27

well i got my ticket, its for turn 1, which wont be so bad. I was at T1 at the chinese GP and that was superb.
the main difficulty has been no places to stay in Nagoya, so i will do a day trip from Tokyo, thats going to be an effort and a half!

Thats going to be a long tough day, don't forget to look at other options like gifu or Tsu to save yourself a few hours on the train on the day. Also book a reserved ticket on the shinkansen otherwise there's a very good chance you'll be standing both ways, this will not be fun particularly on the way back to Tokyo

Hey guys,

I'm in Tokyo just for this year and if I don't go to the grand prix I'm going to regret it for the rest of my life... Unfortunately I've been kinda busy and the date has totally crept up on me, now it's just next weekend and I haven't planned anything!

I've been researching a bit about it tonight but I was hoping I could tap into some of the wisdom here... please help me out :)

1. Does anyone know a good way to get to Suzuka from Tokyo? I believe I might have to go via Nagoya. Is there anything cheaper than the Shinkansen?
2. I've been to the Australian grand prix in Melbourne many times, and I usually go for the general admission since I like walking around and checking out all the corners. Does anyone know what the general admission at Suzuka circuit is like? Is it better to go for a grandstand?

Many thanks!

1 - Shinkansen to Nagoya, then personally I'd take the train from nagoya to the track. There's an express to Suzuka Circuit Inou station (not suzuka station) which works best imo, make sure you get a ticket before the day though as this will save you a lot of time particularly after leaving the track

2 - No such thing as general admission at Suzuka, you'll have to get the cheapest grandstand ticket and then watch from either from your seat or from the general viewing areas (look at the track map on the suzuka circuit website and it shows them)

#8 fisssssi

fisssssi

• 1,309 posts

Posted 02 October 2011 - 17:59

Thanks IMOA, I have a pretty good idea about whats going on now. Still haven't booked anything yet :) Will get it all together in the next day or two.

I'm really surprised about how many of the grandstands are already sold out. Is it like this every year or has Kamui-fever taken hold?

#9 muramasa

muramasa

• 8,479 posts

Posted 04 October 2011 - 10:25

Thats going to be a long tough day, don't forget to look at other options like gifu or Tsu to save yourself a few hours on the train on the day. Also book a reserved ticket on the shinkansen otherwise there's a very good chance you'll be standing both ways, this will not be fun particularly on the way back to Tokyo

1 - Shinkansen to Nagoya, then personally I'd take the train from nagoya to the track. There's an express to Suzuka Circuit Inou station (not suzuka station) which works best imo, make sure you get a ticket before the day though as this will save you a lot of time particularly after leaving the track

2 - No such thing as general admission at Suzuka, you'll have to get the cheapest grandstand ticket and then watch from either from your seat or from the general viewing areas (look at the track map on the suzuka circuit website and it shows them)

What IMOA said :up:

As for accomodation, right, you can check surrounding cities, Tsu, Yokkaichi, Matsusaka, etc etc.
One thing, getting reserved shinkansen ticket for return can be risky, as you never know how long it will take to get out of the circuit and get to Nagoya. Booking very late train, like 2100 or 2200, might be an idea tho. Or even staying nearby cities mentioned above.
Certainly there's coach service betwn Tokyo and Nagoya, both daytime and overnight, but it will take 6 hours or so.

I recommend taking JR train from Nagoya and getting off at suzuka circuit Inou station and walk to the circuit from there too.

At any JR ticket counter or travel agencies, just tell

date
how many person
station you depart from (if it's also of JR)
shinkansen; Tokyo - Nagoya
local train; Nagoya - suzuka circuit inou
(both JR train)

you shud get two tickets, express ticket for shinkansen and normal ticket. If you take special train from Nagoya to Inou as well, you'll pay that extra for it too. I'm sure most staff will arrange it kindly for you.

Make sure you dont get lost at Nagoya station. Maybe finding someone with F1 merchandise and follow or ask them is an idea. :p

bus service from Nagoya to Suzuka circuit is an option, but as I just checked briefly right now, deadline for application is already passed. As far as I know, usually it's sold out quite quick tho.