Lift Share to Belgian GP anyone?

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 RhysW

RhysW

• 15 posts

Posted 03 August 2011 - 20:22

Hi all,

I'm planning on popping over to the Belgian GP at the end of this month. Sadly all of my friends hate F1, and no-one wants to pay hundreds of pound for the pleasure of just sharing time with me! So I was wondering if anyone fancies doing a lift share? Going over by myself will cost quite a bit, so if anyone can offer me a lift I'll gladly pay my share of ferries/petrol. Or I don't mind driving there if anyone else wants to come along and share the costs? If anyone's interested, let me know here, or message me, or email me on rhysdavidwilliams [at] hotmail.co.uk

Cheers,

Rhys

Advertisement

#2 siberianlady

siberianlady

• 119 posts

Posted 03 August 2011 - 20:38

Hi Rhys
not sure where you are coming from but try posting here
http://www.f1fanatic...rix-discussion/
And see if anyone can help you out. We could help out with joining a whole bunch of us when you get there but can't help you with a lift as we are coming from the other end of the world to you.
Do you have a ticket or where do you plan to sit/ stay when you get there?

#3 RhysW

RhysW

• 15 posts

Posted 03 August 2011 - 21:05

Hi siberianlady,

Thanks for the reply. I should have said I was in the UK (specifically, near Cardiff), but I thought most people would assume that. Thanks for that link, I'll see if anyone can help me.

I don't have a ticket and haven't arranged anywhere to stay yet, as it was a bit of a last minute idea. Probably going to go general admission and camp at either CampingF1 or L'Eau Rouge, unless you can recommend anything else?

#4 siberianlady

siberianlady

• 119 posts

Posted 04 August 2011 - 20:32

Hi Rhys
saw your post on fanatic page.......I'm the Carol on there....
We camp at elephant as its close to the track and known the guys there for ages so if you want to go GA and join up with a bunch of nutters then you are more than welcome......you just have to get there somehow. Ticket costs €160 and you can buy on the gate so that is not a problem.

#5 RhysW

RhysW

• 15 posts

Posted 04 August 2011 - 21:13

Ah, awesome. Cheers Carol, I might take you up on that! How many of you are there and when are you all arriving? I'm hoping to get there for Thursday afternoon.

What's elephant like, and how much does it cost? I've heard mostly good things on the fanatic page to be honest. As for getting there, I don't mind driving, it's just I would have preferred someone to split the cost. I could look for a cheap flight, but I can't see it being that much cheaper by the time you add trains etc. Plus if I drive I can bring loads of crap, instead of just 20kilos ;)

#6 siberianlady

siberianlady

• 119 posts

Posted 04 August 2011 - 21:51

Rhys
Our bunch is pretty wideranging.....all age groups and just folks that love F1! We and a few others arrive Weds evening already as its a long drive for us (I am based in Dresden in the furthermost part of eastern Germany so its like 500 miles so takes us all day as you can't drive unlimited speeds with a camper waggon!) and we need to be fit for pitlane walk Thursday.
If you get a cheap flight we can arrange pickup from the airport (Michael our campsite owner is very good with things like that) so have a look into it so you won't have to battle with trains busses and the like.........all part of the service. As I say we can fix you up with a tent if you need one.
Have a think and decide what you want to do.
Also if you want to know more about prices etc then drop me a PM

#7 Antonov

Antonov

• 603 posts

Posted 16 August 2011 - 08:29

Rhys
Our bunch is pretty wideranging.....all age groups and just folks that love F1! We and a few others arrive Weds evening already as its a long drive for us (I am based in Dresden in the furthermost part of eastern Germany so its like 500 miles so takes us all day as you can't drive unlimited speeds with a camper waggon!) and we need to be fit for pitlane walk Thursday.
If you get a cheap flight we can arrange pickup from the airport (Michael our campsite owner is very good with things like that) so have a look into it so you won't have to battle with trains busses and the like.........all part of the service. As I say we can fix you up with a tent if you need one.
Have a think and decide what you want to do.
Also if you want to know more about prices etc then drop me a PM

got a pic of your 'happy bunch'? :cool:

#8 siberianlady

siberianlady

• 119 posts

Posted 17 August 2011 - 00:06

got a pic of your 'happy bunch'? :cool:

Hey Antonov
our pics of Spa over the last few seasons are here:
http://s679.photobuc...me/LoopyLoo2009
Apologies for the crazy bunch!