Photo

Johnny Boot & Bob Skeen's race mechanics

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Jagracer

Jagracer

• 50 posts

Posted 14 August 2011 - 13:10

Hi, Way back in 1970/71 when I was a Race Mechanic on the Chevron B16 & B19's I used to travel to the circuits in convoy with another Race Mechanic called Johny Boot who worked for John Burton. Had a lot of laugh's & helped each other out on many occasion's

In 1973/4 When I was with Brian Robinson in his F5000 racing days we very often traveled together with Tony Dean who had a Mechanic called Bob Skeen who I believe went on to work for the Ken Tyrrell F1 team

I would love to know where they are now & hopefully get in touch with them & maybe get together for a good old reunion Please get back to me if you have any information etc. Many thanks (in anticipation)

I was once told that old Racing Mechanic's never really disappear they just fade away. You must always remember that many a famous Racing Driver would not have made it if it wasn't for all the work & all night jobs keeping the Race Car on the grid for them

Best wishes to all the Racing Mechanic's Phil Bradford (Jagracer)

Advertisement

#2 Thundersports

Thundersports

• 612 posts

Posted 14 August 2011 - 23:44

Bob Skeen was involved with British F3000 in the early 90s

#3 Giraffe

Giraffe

• 7,316 posts

Posted 31 August 2011 - 07:49

Phil, I've just taken a call from John Burton who told me that Johnny Boot ran a newsagents in Southend for many years until selling up 18 months ago.
John has however given me the number that he understands Johnny to be contactable on and I will pass this on for you to try. If he's not available, John still thinks he can track him down for you. :wave: