Photo

GOAT my arse

• Please log in to reply
39 replies to this topic

#1 joeninety

joeninety

• 435 posts

Posted 15 August 2011 - 20:00

See Rossi is not going to Japan, I was a fan but not now, after earlier slating off Simmo for something he has done previously on more than one occasion and now staying away, don't the fans matter anymore, bet if he was only one point behind his competitors and going for the pot of gold he'd be there.
What ever happened to Ecurie Sportive I ask myself :down:

Advertisement

#2 Hasselhoff

Hasselhoff

• 198 posts

Posted 16 August 2011 - 00:29

Where has he said he's not going? All I can find is him saying he is concerned about going.

#3 rd500

rd500

• 474 posts

Posted 16 August 2011 - 09:59

it looks like it hes not going, heres the link

http://www.crash.net...o_to_japan.html

it was like i put on a thread a while back, dorna do not care who wants/does not want to go as they stated it was up to irta to get the riders to race. i suppose they will threaten thr riders with the contracts they have or fine them heavily if not going but its clear the governing bodie :lol: dont care about the riders.

was this not the whole point of irta in the first place, to look after the teams and riders to stop them being forced to race/go to circuits they thought unsafe?

or are dorna funding half these teams now which is why they got rid of all the privateers and you have to ask their permission to join the circus.

idiots the lot of them, another downward spiral in the expensive failure that motogp is.

#4 GD66

GD66

• 2,237 posts

Posted 16 August 2011 - 10:31

http://roadracingque...ing-need-dorna/

Food for thought...

#5 tonyed

tonyed

• 981 posts

Posted 16 August 2011 - 11:38

Food for thought...

' A new class of `pantomime horse` machines was created' :up:

Surely the way round 'too many riders not enough rides' is to have two of the team of three riders, one at the front, one at the back in a motorcycle costume with the third team member perched on top. Shoes for the 'power' unit supplied by a single manufacturer and regulated to prevent unfair advantage (or disadvantage), a standard ECU (Equine Chewing Unit) to prevent one `pantomime horse' being fed performance enhancing products and an overall weight limit for the 'rider' based the formula:

0.75{0.5(PH)-1R/3}

Where

PH is the combined weight of the pantomime horse

R is the weight of the rider

I know this makes no sense but this is DORNA. :confused:

The whole `pantomime horse' formula will be biased in favour of the entry from Honda and no non-Spainish team will be allowed to beat a Spainish team unless the two `pantomime horse' members are non-Spainish in which case their entry will be declared null and void but the Spainish rider will be declared the winner by default providing no all Spainish team beats them. :cool:

The rules can change at every Gran Prix but no team will learn of the change until a protest by a Spainish team on any count is upheld, at which time non-Spainish teams will be informed that the rules have been changed to support the protest of the Spainish team.

A 'claiming rule' will be enforced, where any Spainish team can claim the points scored by a non-Spainish team up to 3 years after the end of the race. :smoking:

Edited by tonyed, 16 August 2011 - 11:39.

#6 fil2.8

fil2.8

• 19,496 posts

Posted 16 August 2011 - 11:56

good , un-biased analogy , Tony :lol: :rotfl: :lol: :up:

#7 fastfitter

fastfitter

• 174 posts

Posted 16 August 2011 - 15:49

Dorna have introduced a new 'standard' pit board for the 125 class .....

Posted Image

#8 tonyed

tonyed

• 981 posts

Posted 16 August 2011 - 16:39

Not going to Japan :evil:

BGOAT :cat:

Biggest Girl of All Time :eek:

#9 joeninety

joeninety

• 435 posts

Posted 16 August 2011 - 20:22

quote name='tonyed' date='Aug 16 2011, 17:39' post='5230850']
Not going to Japan :evil:

BGOAT :cat:

Biggest Girl of All Time :eek:
[/quote]
Bit unfair I feel Tony, he's tarnished his reputation as a true sportsman in my book, no doubt he will go down as a great rider but not the greatest of all time " For Shura" If Japan is such a problem health wise why ask riders to risk their lives on a whim, makes no sense to me. Wonder how ace BBC commentators-pundits will come across sat talking bollocks wearing surgical masks in a fully sealed oxygen tent bought off e-bay from Michael Jacksons estate ! Think of the business oportunities that could unfold with Peter Jones next time on Dragons Den, a glow in the dark Rossi replica minature doll.
Just one of my oblique takes on life............

Edited by joeninety, 16 August 2011 - 20:24.

#10 rd500

rd500

• 474 posts

Posted 17 August 2011 - 09:54

Food for thought...

great article that, very good reading.

it mimics what i have thought all along, that they are not interested in the sport of motorcycling. there were warnings about them in the 90s and no one listened and once "they created" moto gp that was it finished.

iwould have rather eccelstone got it as at least he knows about the sport having been an ex racer himself but the fim led him around in circles until he wasnt interested anymore and this was when irta, videvision etc were all looking to keep it in house.

if the fim had its stable in order at the end of 91 then we would not be where we are now.

#11 tonyed

tonyed

• 981 posts

Posted 17 August 2011 - 17:35

Don't Rossi know dat de old Bridgestone tyres come from Japoland ;)

Next fing he know, free, ven four wheels, sort of fing dat radiation do :smoking:

WHAT IS WRONG WITH THESE PEOPLE :confused:

He's got more chance of being shot at the Brickyard than dying of radiation in Japan :well:

Sorry Rossi fans (and I am one) but what a toss*r.

Edited by tonyed, 17 August 2011 - 17:37.

#12 joeninety

joeninety

• 435 posts

Posted 17 August 2011 - 19:50

Don't Rossi know dat de old Bridgestone tyres come from Japoland
"Maybe heel a switcha to Pirelli "
On a serious note, the top and bottom is bikes, like F1, are too complicated to set up, a good setting one weekend is down the pan the next. Front end chatter, too much rear end grip too little rear end grip, just to compound the problem even more let's move the engine a few millimeters forwards, backwards then up then down then just when it all works for a few laps we all trot off to a circuit that has lots of left handers with a lot of short straights and one long one....
Multi compound tyres ? A no no for me, does this welcome addition include a multi variant thermostat to warm up the left, middle and right hand side depending on vairable wind conditions, motorcycle racing is too complex now even for the so called experts.

Edited by joeninety, 17 August 2011 - 20:04.

#13 jaybee49

jaybee49

• 315 posts

Posted 17 August 2011 - 19:57

Joeninety. Who gives a monkey's. Is this not really a nostalgia forum?

#14 joeninety

joeninety

• 435 posts

Posted 17 August 2011 - 20:08

Joeninety. Who gives a monkey's. Is this not really a nostalgia forum?

I'm not the only offender, sorry I'll stick to nostalgia in the future, please accept my appologies.
Legend has it Wakefield rider Dennis Parkinson never ever fell off during his career ? Is this true ? Jaybee ?
What are the Parameters set for nostalgia I ask 1930's 1980's even 1990's ?

Edited by joeninety, 17 August 2011 - 20:26.

#15 jaybee49

jaybee49

• 315 posts

Posted 17 August 2011 - 20:35

I'm not the only offender, sorry I'll stick to nostalgia in the future, please accept my appologies.
Legend has it Wakefield rider Dennis Parkinson never ever fell off during his career ? Is this true ? Jaybee ?

There is really no need to apologise to me by any means, but I was just pointing out that I thought that this forum was all about nostalgia and that there are plenty of other forums that anyone can sound off their opinions about the current series be it MotoGp, BSB or WSB.

I would not know the answer to your question I'm afraid. There is also really no need to be sarcastic either, as I am aware of most of what is going on with the present racing scene and of the various series's but I did not feel this was an appropriate place to sound off regarding my views on them.

If it is then - I need to apologise to you.

(Though it took you three attempts to reply)

Edited by jaybee49, 17 August 2011 - 20:37.

#16 joeninety

joeninety

• 435 posts

Posted 17 August 2011 - 20:47

(Though it took you three attempts to reply)
Third time lucky...

#17 jaybee49

jaybee49

• 315 posts

Posted 17 August 2011 - 20:55

What are the Parameters set for nostalgia I ask 1930's 1980's even 1990's ?

I'll let others respond to the most recent addendum to your previous post then . :rotfl:

#18 tonyed

tonyed

• 981 posts

Posted 18 August 2011 - 05:34

I'll let others respond to the most recent addendum to your previous post then . :rotfl:

Nostalgia is about the past, the past is starting all the time!

Edited by tonyed, 18 August 2011 - 05:34.

#19 cheapracer

cheapracer

• 10,388 posts

Posted 19 August 2011 - 09:30

As long as the radiation readings are truly safe which apparently they are then i'm truly dissapointed in those who don't go. The area needs a little moral support.

Advertisement

#20 jcbc3

jcbc3
  • RC Forum Host

• 12,883 posts

Posted 19 August 2011 - 09:58

While agreeing with the above, this mornings news that a quake had buildings in Tokyo sway 'more than normal', would probably mean more ammunition to the 'won't go'-brigade.

#21 mba21

mba21

• 798 posts

Posted 19 August 2011 - 13:02

' A new class of `pantomime horse` machines was created' :up:

Surely the way round 'too many riders not enough rides' is to have two of the team of three riders, one at the front, one at the back in a motorcycle costume with the third team member perched on top. Shoes for the 'power' unit supplied by a single manufacturer and regulated to prevent unfair advantage (or disadvantage), a standard ECU (Equine Chewing Unit) to prevent one `pantomime horse' being fed performance enhancing products and an overall weight limit for the 'rider' based the formula:

0.75{0.5(PH)-1R/3}

Where

PH is the combined weight of the pantomime horse

R is the weight of the rider

I know this makes no sense but this is DORNA. :confused:

The whole `pantomime horse' formula will be biased in favour of the entry from Honda and no non-Spainish team will be allowed to beat a Spainish team unless the two `pantomime horse' members are non-Spainish in which case their entry will be declared null and void but the Spainish rider will be declared the winner by default providing no all Spainish team beats them. :cool:

The rules can change at every Gran Prix but no team will learn of the change until a protest by a Spainish team on any count is upheld, at which time non-Spainish teams will be informed that the rules have been changed to support the protest of the Spainish team.

A 'claiming rule' will be enforced, where any Spainish team can claim the points scored by a non-Spainish team up to 3 years after the end of the race. :smoking:

Brilliant :drunk: :drunk: :drunk: :clap: :clap: :clap: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

#22 mfd

mfd

• 2,987 posts

Posted 19 August 2011 - 15:56

Nostalgia is about the past, the past is starting all the time!

Nostalgia. A general interest in past eras and their personalities and events, especially the "good old days" of a few generations back.

#23 tonyed

tonyed

• 981 posts

Posted 19 August 2011 - 17:04

Nostalgia. A general interest in past eras and their personalities and events, especially the "good old days" of a few generations back.

Everytime I mention the 'Good Old Days' I get the thousand yard stare from 'Her Indoors'. :confused:

#24 mfd

mfd

• 2,987 posts

Posted 19 August 2011 - 18:51

Everytime I mention the 'Good Old Days' I get the thousand yard stare from 'Her Indoors'. :confused:

Surely you can work out why?

#25 Hasselhoff

Hasselhoff

• 198 posts

Posted 20 August 2011 - 16:44

http://english.aljaz...5921711896.html

#26 tonyed

tonyed

• 981 posts

Posted 20 August 2011 - 16:56

Surely you can work out why?

Perspective :

And that is why BGOAT ain't going to Japan :confused:

Edited by tonyed, 20 August 2011 - 16:58.

#27 mfd

mfd

• 2,987 posts

Posted 20 August 2011 - 17:18

Perspective :
And that is why BGOAT ain't going to Japan :confused:

No that's not what I meant - none of us look like we did years ago :D

#28 joeninety

joeninety

• 435 posts

Posted 20 August 2011 - 19:57

Raison d'ĂȘtre ?

#29 rd500

rd500

• 474 posts

Posted 22 August 2011 - 11:55

spaking of rossi, do you remember he used to wear a mouth gaurd in the 250/500 races to stop him grinding his teeth, but once they changed to the 4 strokes he stopped using it.

#30 tonyed

tonyed

• 981 posts

Posted 22 August 2011 - 14:17

spaking of rossi, do you remember he used to wear a mouth gaurd in the 250/500 races to stop him grinding his teeth, but once they changed to the 4 strokes he stopped using it.

No teeth left, despite the guard :well:

#31 Xover

Xover

• 74 posts

Posted 08 September 2011 - 12:37

Something else he's stopped doing is wearing that thin strip of elastoplast across his nose. What was that all about anyway?

#32 GD66

GD66

• 2,237 posts

Posted 08 September 2011 - 13:02

Supposedly to keep the nostrils open and assist with breathing under stressful conditions of exertion. I notice all other sportsmen who wore it have also packed it in, proving what we always suspected : that it was not merely a marketing ploy by Elastoplast, but a load of crap. :rolleyes:

Edited by GD66, 08 September 2011 - 13:02.

#33 Herr Wankel

Herr Wankel

• 941 posts

Posted 08 September 2011 - 17:20

Supposedly to keep the nostrils open and assist with breathing under stressful conditions of exertion. I notice all other sportsmen who wore it have also packed it in, proving what we always suspected : that it was not merely a marketing ploy by Elastoplast, but a load of crap. :rolleyes:

'Sideshow Bob' still wears one (and a hair band)

HW

#34 Robin127

Robin127

• 506 posts

Posted 08 September 2011 - 19:52

Some blokes wear those because it apparently can help prevent concussion.

#35 exclubracer

exclubracer

• 1,720 posts

Posted 11 September 2011 - 12:36

Some blokes wear those because it apparently can help prevent concussion.

Yes, I've seen that happen once or twice, the paddock punch-up scenario... :D

#36 Xover

Xover

• 74 posts

Posted 15 September 2011 - 10:40

'Sideshow Bob' still wears one (and a hair band)

HW

Sideshow Bob. Nice one HW. :up: Cracked me up. :rotfl: :rotfl:

#37 Rob

Rob

• 9,223 posts

Posted 15 September 2011 - 16:08

Rossi has now confirmed that he is going. As have Lorenzo and Pedrosa.

The only one who's not confirmed is Stoner.

#38 Classicpics

Classicpics

• 438 posts

Posted 15 September 2011 - 19:35

Rossi has now confirmed that he is going. As have Lorenzo and Pedrosa.

The only one who's not confirmed is Stoner.

Just for the record... I'm not going :rotfl: :rotfl:

#39 Herr Wankel

Herr Wankel

• 941 posts

Posted 15 September 2011 - 19:54

Just for the record... I'm not going :rotfl: :rotfl:

Nor me,the Arrows gearbox is in bits :lol: :lol:

HW

Edited by Herr Wankel, 15 September 2011 - 19:55.

Advertisement

#40 fil2.8

fil2.8

• 19,496 posts

Posted 15 September 2011 - 20:07

Nor me,the Arrows gearbox is in bits :lol: :lol:

HW

me neither , I need to be entertained ........................ :yawnface: :yawnface: :down: