First Grand Prix Help

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Gyan

Gyan

• 1,234 posts

Posted 20 August 2011 - 07:22

Hi

I live in Delhi and I am going to go for the Indian GP, all three days. So this thread is basically for advice on viewing an F1 race at the track. First of all I'd like to start off with views, ie which stand will give me the best views of the track. Here is the seating plan.

Posted Image

Click on the Track

I think that Turn 11 will be the best.

Thanks

Advertisement

#2 Pedro917

Pedro917

• 8 posts

Posted 24 August 2011 - 10:20

Hi

I live in Delhi and I am going to go for the Indian GP, all three days. So this thread is basically for advice on viewing an F1 race at the track. First of all I'd like to start off with views, ie which stand will give me the best views of the track. Here is the seating plan.

Posted Image

Click on the Track

I think that Turn 11 will be the best.

Thanks

Hi Gyan

I will be coming to India for the GP and have booked the Premium stand south, as you say it is elevated and can see most of the circuit and it is covered!

I am staying in Noida and travelling on the transit bus each day ~~~ can't wait! :up:

Pedro 917

#3 Gyan

Gyan

• 1,234 posts

Posted 30 August 2011 - 17:51

Where are you staying in Noida mate?

#4 Disco

Disco

• 7 posts

Posted 30 August 2011 - 19:00

Gyan, ... just off topic, but do you post on the SMB/RTG

#5 Gyan

Gyan

• 1,234 posts

Posted 30 August 2011 - 20:28

No. I don't even know what SMB/RTG stands for. :lol:

I'm curious to know what it is and why you thought I posted there.

#6 Disco

Disco

• 7 posts

Posted 30 August 2011 - 22:34

No. I don't even know what SMB/RTG stands for. :lol:

I'm curious to know what it is and why you thought I posted there.

Just the username? ... Gyan!?

SMB - Sunderland Message Board, under the name RTG (Readytogo)... Gyan is (or perhaps was most recently!), a Sunderland player!

#7 Gyan

Gyan

• 1,234 posts

Posted 31 August 2011 - 08:29

Ahhh, yeah Asamoah Gyan. If I had known what SMB meant I'd get what you meant. I do like football as well.

Gyan is a Sanskrit word which means knowledge. You could call Asamoah, Knowledge from now on.

#8 Rajdeep

Rajdeep

• 67 posts

Posted 14 September 2011 - 09:34

Without knowing the elevations, I'd guess seats on the picnic stand north close to T3 would have very good views. You can potentially watch first corner carnage, braking zone at T1, acceleration through T2, braking zone at T3 (where there could be overtakes) and then cars accelerating out of T3. Hopefully, you'd also be quite close to the track as there shouldn't be any run-off areas there.

For premium stand south, the run-offs would be quite big and you'll be far away from the cars. It's a nice place to watch F1 cars take high speed turn though. If I had a choice, I'd spend Friday here and Saturday-Sunday at picnic stand north.

#9 Gyan

Gyan

• 1,234 posts

Posted 23 October 2011 - 17:41

Do you get F1 merchandise during the event at the track and is it even worth? Also, would waiting for the autograph sessions be worth it?

Thanks.

#10 chdphd

chdphd

• 2,763 posts

Posted 23 October 2011 - 18:27

All races have lots of merchandise stands. I reckon the ones inside the circuits themselves are all official. The stuff doesn't come cheap, but it is usually good quality.