Before I begin, I must congratulate you all on a fantastic forum. Well laid out, and by the looks of it, everyone is soooo friendly, offering advice to each other.
As a (forum and F1) newbie, I'm also looking for some advice. Please bear with me as this may be a long one. As a surprise for the other half, I'm looking to book a trip to the Spanish GP in Montmelo near Barca. I've looked at other threads, but wondered if any has been to this years Spanish GP that could add to the great advice already given.
Living in North East, we are flying from Newcastle to Barca which seems the best option, but am still deciding on other things such as Car Hire/Accommodation etc etc, and therefore, have a few questions..
1. Can anyone suggest a Car Hire Company?
2. If we don't choose Car Hire, what is the best way of getting to the circuit (and back to say Barca) each day?! Can you buy a 1, 3 or 4 day train ticket and if so, how much do these cost?
2. Does anyone know of any decent places to stay? - What is camping like at the Circuit? Would it be cheaper hiring a villa/apartment if there are more than 2 of us (possibly upto 10 but won't know til November)
3. Which website/s can I book F1 circuit tickets with? When do the actual tickets arrive?
4. Looking for suggestions for location at circuit, for a F1 Newbie. Watched it on TV loads of times, but this will be out first ever visit to ANY F1 track? I'm looking at General Admission, basically due to cost? - Can we take our own folding chairs, and does GA allow Pit Walk Access on the Thursday
5. Finally, for now, until I think of another 5 questions. I've heard you need to get there early if you have GA tickets, and want a good spot (which is fine as we're always up with the larks). Question is, what time do the gates for GA open, and how long before this time, would you recommend to queue? Bearing in mind the race doesn't start until 14:00 local time, would I get a good spot if I was there for say 10:00am (local time)
Edited by Disco, 01 September 2011 - 18:53.