Photo

Constructors on the podium

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 HistoryFan

HistoryFan

• 7,839 posts

Posted 12 September 2011 - 20:00

Since year's it's the normal proceder: The first three drivers of the race climb on the podium. But there is also a fourth person: one, who will be congratulated for the winning team. Often it's the team principle or the chief technical or something like that. But sometimes there are also some symbolic persons on the podium as in Brands Hatch Ginny Williams, the wife of Frank Williams who had an accident in that year.

Dies anyone have a list with which fourth persons were on the podium? And who how often?

Or any other special ones as Ginny Williams?

Advertisement

#2 HistoryFan

HistoryFan

• 7,839 posts

Posted 11 October 2011 - 20:14

no one?

#3 HistoryFan

HistoryFan

• 7,839 posts

Posted 23 November 2011 - 19:53

Really no freak here, who collected such unimportant, but interesting stuff?

#4 David McKinney

David McKinney

• 14,156 posts

Posted 23 November 2011 - 20:58

Obviously no-one :)

#5 Ray Bell

Ray Bell

• 80,227 posts

Posted 23 November 2011 - 21:49

It might be on DVD... race by race...

Not the sort of thing that would interest me, however.

#6 Doug Nye

Doug Nye

• 11,531 posts

Posted 23 November 2011 - 22:01

Hmmm - well David Brown appeared - if not ' on the podium ' - but certainly at the on-circuit prize giving for various of Aston Martin's sports car race wins. The Sebring 12-Hours prize presentations, I believe at Harder Hall, saw Romolo Tavoni taking the plaudits along with Phil Hill and Peter Collins (for example) when Ferrari won circa 1958. Colin Chapman and his mechanics accompanied Jimmy Clark on the celebratory trailer ride around Silverstone or Brands Hatch year after year - and I'm pretty sure there's a photo of one of Fiat's head honchoes with his victorious driver and riding mechanic 'on the podium' somewhere during the 1920s. But I do agree to a large extent...so what?

DCN