• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 bogi

bogi

• 4,105 posts

Posted 16 September 2011 - 08:57

Im using chrome for some time, and today I got this warning:

Warning: Something's Not Right Here!

www.autosport.com contains content from ad.bannerconnect.net, a site known to distribute malware. Your computer might catch a virus if you visit this site.
Google has found malicious software may be installed onto your computer if you proceed. If you've visited this site in the past or you trust this site, it's possible that it has just recently been compromised by a hacker. You should not proceed, and perhaps try again tomorrow or go somewhere else.
We have already notified ad.bannerconnect.net that we found malware on the site. For more about the problems found on ad.bannerconnect.net, visit the Google Safe Browsing diagnostic page.

I don't know if you guys know this.

Advertisement

#2 JimFosterAutosport

JimFosterAutosport
  • Former digital product manager

• 73 posts

Posted 16 September 2011 - 10:58

Thanks for that notification: we're aware of the this and are looking into it. I am unaware of any problems at present but obviously we do take this kind of matter very seriously. Will keep you updated.

Kind regards

Jim

#3 condor

condor

• 12,509 posts

Posted 19 September 2011 - 23:17

.....4 days later?.....

#4 Cynic2

Cynic2

• 402 posts

Posted 23 September 2011 - 14:14

I'm getting what appears to be the same problem in IE8. Three times today I was reading a story, clicked on "Home" to return, and IE stopped working (apparently "to protect my computer"). It has happened before, several days ago, and more than once; I didn't bother with it in the past, but it is an annoyance, and I feel I can't really use the main portion of this site now.

Expanding the error message indicated that it was an add on of some sort which appeared to be malware. I haven't gone any futher, but I'll assume it's the same site mentioned above.

This is one week after you were "looking into it." Still looking?