MotoGP source book by Ryder & Raines , Haynes

The Grand Prix Motorcycle The Official History by Cameron , Haynes

Advertisement

#2 Twin Window

Twin Window
  • Nostalgia Host

• 6,611 posts

Posted 29 September 2011 - 08:54

'MotoGP Source Book' is great! Full of facts and interesting info plus great photos, especially the twenty-odd from my 1950s b&w archive.  ;)

A new book coming out next month, 'MotoGP Yesterday and Today', contains 43 images from my modest archive, including both covers. See more here.

#3 Bjorn Kjer

Bjorn Kjer

• 3,682 posts

Posted 01 October 2011 - 13:54

Thanks Twinny !

#4 Robin127

Robin127

• 508 posts

Posted 01 October 2011 - 14:32

I have The Grand Prix Motorcycle The Official History.

I found it pretty interesting, there was stuff in there that I didn't know, that doesn't say much though! I'm no engineer so I have to take the author's word on a lot of the content. I read Kevin Cameron's articles in Cycle World every month and always find them informative. Interesting take on what route the development of the 500cc Yamaha would have taken if Saarinen had lived. Great illustrations.

#5 Bjorn Kjer

Bjorn Kjer

• 3,682 posts

Posted 12 October 2011 - 17:04

Thanks Robin !

#6 Bjorn Kjer

Bjorn Kjer

• 3,682 posts

Posted 10 November 2011 - 16:54

Bought them , got them and quite satisfied ! Thanks guys , for the inputs.

Also got my Yamaha 1960's book via Jim Blanchard , very good also , fully satisfied. thanks Jim.

#7 jaybee49

jaybee49

• 315 posts

Posted 11 November 2011 - 08:29

Bought them , got them and quite satisfied ! Thanks guys , for the inputs.

Also got my Yamaha 1960's book via Jim Blanchard , very good also , fully satisfied. thanks Jim.

Thanks Bjorn for that, and glad you like it. :up:

I saw this on Amazon recently which I will be getting a copy of when its released... :clap:

http://www.amazon.co...ref=pd_sim_b_24

#8 terryshep

terryshep

• 135 posts

Posted 11 November 2011 - 17:44

Thanks Bjorn for that, and glad you like it. :up:

I saw this on Amazon recently which I will be getting a copy of when its released... :clap:

http://www.amazon.co...ref=pd_sim_b_24

Ray Ainscoe has produced some books of interest to us which I think are worth bringing to your notice. Such as 'Gilera Racers, Singles & Twins', another on the Vostok and other Eastern European bikes and his latest, 'The Gilera-MV Agusta Rivalry' There are a couple on the Yamaha & Suzuki years of TT racing as well, for you youngsters. Some nice pictures of some lovely bikes among all the facts.

#9 Bjorn Kjer

Bjorn Kjer

• 3,682 posts

Posted 11 November 2011 - 18:29

jaybee , that book looks interesting ! Also the Raymond Ainscoe ones , but where to read about them ?

#10 terryshep

terryshep

• 135 posts

Posted 12 November 2011 - 15:56

jaybee , that book looks interesting ! Also the Raymond Ainscoe ones , but where to read about them ?

Hello, Björn, those books are produced by Ilkley Racing Books and Raymond will no doubt be happy to tell you more if you mail him on ainscoe at fsmail.net

#11 Bjorn Kjer

Bjorn Kjer

• 3,682 posts

Posted 13 November 2011 - 15:17

Thanks for the info !

#12 jaybee49

jaybee49

• 315 posts

Posted 01 December 2011 - 10:01

'MotoGP Source Book' is great! Full of facts and interesting info plus great photos, especially the twenty-odd from my 1950s b&w archive. ;)

A new book coming out next month, 'MotoGP Yesterday and Today', contains 43 images from my modest archive, including both covers. See more here.

Today I ordered this book from Amazon it was only about £12.00 including p&p - bargain... :up:

Also, ordered the new Motocourse annual that is due out soon. I have most of these but being hard up once and for a decent xmas for my kids I sold the first four, but have since managed to purchase two back so I only need 1976 and 1978 and I have the complete set again. :clap:

Placed an order for this new one 'Motorcycle GP Racing in the 1960's' http://www.amazon.co...ref=pd_sim_b_24 but it will not be released until July 2012..

Dont forget that I have plenty of copies of the 'Yamaha' Glorious years book 1964-1968 which is a terrific reference book for the enthusiast and only £20.00

#13 fil2.8

fil2.8

• 19,496 posts

Posted 01 December 2011 - 14:15

Placed an order for this new one 'Motorcycle GP Racing in the 1960's' http://www.amazon.co...ref=pd_sim_b_24 but it will not be released until July 2012..

Thank's for finding that one , Jim :up: , also ordered it :wave:

#14 jaybee49

jaybee49

• 315 posts

Posted 02 December 2011 - 11:18

Thank's for finding that one , Jim :up: , also ordered it :wave:

Your welcome Phil. :up: Looks to be right up our street does that one. :clap:

Received an Email from Amazon this morning the first of my order has been dispatched that is the 'MotoGp Yesterday & Today' book. With some luck I may have it today or tomorrow. Problem is I am running out places to put them, I have three book cases full up with them and half of one is taken up with just the Motocourse annuals... :rolleyes: