Photo

Tony Adriaensens book 'Weekend Heroes' photo request

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 teegeefla

teegeefla

• 316 posts

Posted 02 October 2011 - 19:05

I have been searching for photos of Jacques Bellesiles #222 Ferrari 750 that raced in California in the mid-1950s without much success. I have corresponded with Mr. Bellesiles who sadly lost all his racing memorabilia back in the 1990s. Another source suggested that there are photos of the car in the "Weekend Heroes" book; if anyone has this incredible book (which I frequently regret not buying when it debuted at Monterey several years ago) and would be willing to PM or e-mail an image or images I will pass them along to Mr. Bellesiles.
Thanks.

Tom

Advertisement

#2 teegeefla

teegeefla

• 316 posts

Posted 03 October 2011 - 11:16

It appears that the title of this topic was changed but the alteration now makes the title incorrect/misleading. Weekend Heroes, the book in question is by Tony Adriansens and the information I seek about Mr. Bellesiles #222 Ferrari is within that book. There is no book by Mr. Bellesiles. Can the moderators please return the title of this topic to its prior phrasing "Weekend Heroes" book/Jacques Bellesiles #222 Ferrari.

#3 Tuboscocca

Tuboscocca

• 1,324 posts

Posted 03 October 2011 - 16:58

I have been searching for photos of Jacques Bellesiles #222 Ferrari 750 that raced in California in the mid-1950s without much success. I have corresponded with Mr. Bellesiles who sadly lost all his racing memorabilia back in the 1990s. Another source suggested that there are photos of the car in the "Weekend Heroes" book; if anyone has this incredible book (which I frequently regret not buying when it debuted at Monterey several years ago) and would be willing to PM or e-mail an image or images I will pass them along to Mr. Bellesiles.
Thanks.

Tom

Tom,

book is still available and you can contact the KIND Tony...

http://www.corsarese...kendheroes.html

Regards Michael

#4 D-Type

D-Type

• 9,705 posts

Posted 03 October 2011 - 20:14

It appears that the title of this topic was changed but the alteration now makes the title incorrect/misleading. Weekend Heroes, the book in question is by Tony Adriansens and the information I seek about Mr. Bellesiles #222 Ferrari is within that book. There is no book by Mr. Bellesiles. Can the moderators please return the title of this topic to its prior phrasing "Weekend Heroes" book/Jacques Bellesiles #222 Ferrari.

With all due respect, you original title was also misleading. I think it would have been clearer to title it "Pictures of Ferrari 750 of Jacques Bellesiles" as that's what you are really looking for.

#5 Tim Murray

Tim Murray

• 24,606 posts

Posted 03 October 2011 - 20:20

In any case it may be a while before Twinny picks up on this. I suggest you send him a PM about it - he'll then sort it out very quickly.

#6 Twin Window

Twin Window
  • Nostalgia Host

• 6,611 posts

Posted 03 October 2011 - 21:55

My humble apologies to Tom and all concerned regarding this thread's title; in my attempt to 'tidy it up' I lost the original concept.

Entirely my fault... :blush:

#7 teegeefla

teegeefla

• 316 posts

Posted 04 October 2011 - 14:42

Twinny-

no problem, and I appreciate all your efforts on this forum.

Tom

#8 Jan Holmskov

Jan Holmskov

• 33 posts

Posted 04 October 2011 - 17:14

teegeefla,

I just took 10 minutes to look through Weekend Heros, but didn't see any pictures of the car you described.

Jan

#9 teegeefla

teegeefla

• 316 posts

Posted 04 October 2011 - 21:30

Jan-

thanks for looking. The car may have been #22 later in its time with Mr. Bellesiles, but I am not sure. His recollection does not match the race records I have from magazines/newspapers from that time.

Tom

#10 raceannouncer2003

raceannouncer2003

• 2,944 posts

Posted 05 October 2011 - 06:46

Here are links to photos of 0582M, apparently the Bellesiles Ferrari, as raced by John Von Neumann in 1956 and Richard Brashear in 1959:

http://www.test.raci...-01-15a-002.jpg

http://www.test.raci...-05-03n-025.jpg

Vince H.

#11 Jan Holmskov

Jan Holmskov

• 33 posts

Posted 05 October 2011 - 16:58

There are in fact at least 3 photos of 0582M in Weekend Heroes. but owned by von Neuman and raced by Phil Hill. The races are Glendale November 1955 and Torrey Pines January 1956.

Jan

#12 teegeefla

teegeefla

• 316 posts

Posted 05 October 2011 - 17:18

Jan-

thanks for the additional information.

Tom