Photo

Forums & Firefox browser

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 jonnoj

jonnoj

• 1,114 posts

Posted 21 October 2011 - 12:22

The forums fonts have suddenly changed today to something practically unreadable when I use Firefox v7.0.1. The site was okay this morning, but suddenly altered around 8am.
I'm now using IE 8 and the fonts are 'normal' but the site is taking ages to load.
I'm not having problems on any other websites.

Advertisement

#2 chdphd

chdphd

• 2,763 posts

Posted 21 October 2011 - 13:19

No problem for me on Firefox 7.0.1.

#3 Vitesse2

Vitesse2
  • Administrator

• 41,775 posts

Posted 21 October 2011 - 22:23

What do you mean by "practically unreadable"? Too small? If so, you may have inadvertently changed the zoom level, which would be site-specific. If so, try pressing Ctrl + 0 (zero) to reset it.

#4 jonnoj

jonnoj

• 1,114 posts

Posted 22 October 2011 - 07:26

What do you mean by "practically unreadable"? Too small? If so, you may have inadvertently changed the zoom level, which would be site-specific. If so, try pressing Ctrl + 0 (zero) to reset it.

Thanks for that. I've been arsing around all day trying to work out what had happened.

#5 ivand911

ivand911

• 8,152 posts

Posted 04 December 2011 - 10:03

I have problem with Firefox. Site(forum) is loading slow. Refreshing also is slow. And this is since some time now. I am with Firefox 8 now. But , I think i have this problem before too. With IE 8, I have no problem.

#6 Vitesse2

Vitesse2
  • Administrator

• 41,775 posts

Posted 04 December 2011 - 20:37

I have problem with Firefox. Site(forum) is loading slow. Refreshing also is slow. And this is since some time now. I am with Firefox 8 now. But , I think i have this problem before too. With IE 8, I have no problem.

Try clearing your cookies for the site and creating new ones (Options > Privacy > Remove individual cookies). Delete the entire folder. If that doesn't fix the slow loading, try restarting Firefox in Firefox Safe Mode (Help > Restart with add-ons disabled). If it works correctly in safe mode, then it's a problem with one of your extensions. If it's still slow, then you may need to create a new Firefox profile - especially if your current one dates from before Firefox 4.

#7 ianselva

ianselva

• 255 posts

Posted 15 January 2012 - 16:01

Thanks for that I had been wrestling with the same problem for some time since the last crash.

Ian