Photo

Anyone remember Tony Fletcher ('Fletch') ?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 condor

condor

• 12,509 posts

Posted 10 November 2011 - 19:45

I've been having clay pigeon shooting lessons near to where I live and only found out to-day that my instructor,Tony Fletcher ( known as Fletch), was an F1 mechanic for 18 years. From approx the early 70s to the early 90s, he started off at Lola in Huntingdon, then moved to Lotus then went to Jackie and Paul Stewarts' racing team. He doesn't 'do' the internet, but I said I'd do a thread on here and print out any reponses in time for next weeks lesson ( Thursday late morning).
So :) If anyone wants me to pass a message on, or whether you remember some anecdotes etc. please post them here and I'll make sure he gets them next week. :D

Advertisement

#2 Fred.R

Fred.R

• 101 posts

Posted 11 November 2011 - 09:58

Say hi to Fletch for me, good to hear that he is still shooting, i was at PSR in 91 was number 2 on Pauls car with Mark Reagan (Van Baston) as No.1 ,Dave Stubbs was TM, also Dave Boys, Tony Burrows. Eddy and Chris were on Marcos car, used to love Fletchs storys about his time at Lotus (the old days)

Cheers
Fred
( been back in australia for years now)

#3 condor

condor

• 12,509 posts

Posted 17 November 2011 - 23:09

Thanks :) Fletch was pleased to receive your message and asked me to send you his regards :)