Photo

Williams 2012 - FW34 Renault

• Please log in to reply
3953 replies to this topic

#1751 PayasYouRace

PayasYouRace

• 7,036 posts

Posted 17 March 2012 - 08:33

When I called Maldonado a pay driver I was being sarcastic( It doesn't seem to translate on a forum). The guy is just RAPID!!

Don't worry about it. Sarcasm is hard to portray in text.

Advertisement

#1752 sheogorath

sheogorath

• 300 posts

Posted 17 March 2012 - 08:37

What sort of results do Pastor and Bruno have to acheive to get away from the 'pay driver' tag?

Depends on who you ask to. For some, they already did, but for others, nothing short of winning a GP will be enough.

#1753 Sevach

Sevach

• 966 posts

Posted 17 March 2012 - 08:43

Ironically, the guy Williams was thinking about hiring to "galvanize" the team couldn't get out of Q1.

#1754 sheogorath

sheogorath

• 300 posts

Posted 17 March 2012 - 08:50

I wonder if it would be asking to much getting a podium finish in Monaco...

#1755 Francesc

Francesc

• 2,331 posts

Posted 17 March 2012 - 09:00

A monkey seat
Posted Image

#1756 xtremespeedjunkie

xtremespeedjunkie

• 293 posts

Posted 17 March 2012 - 09:00

The funny thing about the pathetic bloke is, that he knows so much about F1, he has a crystal ball and going to prove everyone wrong... not bad for a guy who like to go on to forums just to statisy some small guy syndrome. Can;t do it in real life and stand up for himself, but a big strong boy who can take on the world sitting behind his keyboard. LOSER.

Was watching a news report on this dilequents, and it was how there this new group of people who get there kicks from doing exactly this, creating stirs and been general wankers, but the worst thing about these sort of people is they think it's fun, and enjoyable. xspeedjunkie you also one of those loosers who posts things on facebook walls, after a daughter has been killed, or raped, for the world to see.

I say one thing to you, go outside get away from your keyboard, put a smile on your face and give your mum a hug, cause she's the only one who cares for you.

you know you just showed your class or the lack of it with that post.. :up: Keep it going mate.. keep this attitude in life and you will make great strides..

#1757 wewantourdarbyback

wewantourdarbyback

• 6,358 posts

Posted 17 March 2012 - 09:55

I said we will get to know what Senna is made off in the qualifying of Australian GP..

You hire a pay driver and you are only gonna go so far :rotfl: :rotfl:

You were talking about both drivers back then, don't change your tune now because you've been shown to be wrong about Pastor.

As for Bruno, I see he's higher on the grid than a certain ex-world champion.

#1758 roadie

roadie

• 1,844 posts

Posted 17 March 2012 - 10:49

I'm pleased to see a genuine top 10 performance in qualifying from Pastor. Can't wait for the live race tomorrow!

#1759 TheBunk

TheBunk

• 4,083 posts

Posted 17 March 2012 - 12:25

Thank you Lord!

Nice work Williams! Now lets get a good result!

Advertisement

#1760 joora

joora

• 329 posts

Posted 17 March 2012 - 13:27

Encouraging start of the season.

I hope that our race pace is better than last year, and that we can manage our tires for one pitstop less than mercedes.

All in all, williams has a strong starting point for in season development.

#1761 xtremespeedjunkie

xtremespeedjunkie

• 293 posts

Posted 17 March 2012 - 13:50

The car has been consistent over long runs in the pre-season. I think Williams will score a point at-least tomorrow.

#1762 Anderis

Anderis

• 2,638 posts

Posted 17 March 2012 - 14:02

Considering that the car is reportedly much better in quick corners than in slow, it should become even quicker on tracks like Malaysia.

Huge amount of time gained through the winter comparing with Red Bull for example.

#1763 Jambo

Jambo

• 2,063 posts

Posted 17 March 2012 - 15:22

Still happy with that following a sleep, both drivers seem confident of a good race and following from testing the car seems great on its tyres.

Very happy with S1 and S3 times, happy DRS is in S1 :p

#1764 SpeedRacer`

SpeedRacer`

• 749 posts

Posted 17 March 2012 - 17:00

Great result. Can't help wishing Rubens was in the second seat though.

#1765 JV97

JV97

• 199 posts

Posted 17 March 2012 - 17:13

It seems to be overlooked by the reporting so far how impressive Williams were today. Less than a second off the ultimate pace is a huge step forward imo :up:

#1766 Anderis

Anderis

• 2,638 posts

Posted 17 March 2012 - 17:15

With Rubens in another car we would probably have both cars in Q3 today.

But it doesn't mean that without Bruno's $$$ the team would be in the same position.

I think that if things go well, Williams can have astonishing season in 2013. Probably with Bottas onboard. If Bruno won't improve significantly (or his sponsorship), I think he will be replaced. But lot things can happen. Nobody knows how long Chavez and his supporters will be able to give Williams such a huge amount of $$$ every year. If the deal won't be continued for 2013, Bruno may stay. It would open the way to sponsorship deal with Total, but it will be really hard to replace all of this PDVSA sponsorship anyhow.

But there is still no 2012 Williams merchandise available. They even deleted the link on their official site where you could buy merchandise from previous years. Hopefully something interesting with sponsorship is going on and that's why you cannot buy anything from 2012 collection, yet. New title sponsor would be welcome, hopefully better deal than it was with AT&T.

With good funding and more established technical team, they may focus on making FW35 really good car. :up: But luckily there are some signs that we should expect some enjoying moments with FW34 as well, at least it should be a huge improvement comparing to FW33. :smoking:

#1767 Andy865

Andy865

• 2,447 posts

Posted 17 March 2012 - 17:21

Nice to see you guys back up there today :)

Pastor has a very odd style, but i kind of like it, great to watch on a qualy lap. He rags that thing like it stole his biscuit.

#1768 Lord Snooty

Lord Snooty

• 784 posts

Posted 17 March 2012 - 17:22

It seems to be overlooked by the reporting so far how impressive Williams were today. Less than a second off the ultimate pace is a huge step forward imo :up:

Indeed; although, to be honest, I'm quite happy for us to be out of the limelight while we sort things out.

:cool:

#1769 teejay

teejay

• 3,579 posts

Posted 17 March 2012 - 17:52

Well done guys - really happy to see a Williams in Q3 on pure pace. Points tomorrow I hope!

#1770 Boing 2

Boing 2

• 2,434 posts

Posted 17 March 2012 - 17:56

Bearing in mind how far off the pace they were last year, they've really closed the gap enormously. How much of that is down to the new engine and how much down to the tech team is hard to say from the outside but they are ahead of 3 of the 6 other Renault powered cars and only 3 tenths off the Red Bulls! :eek:

Gotta say I really wasn't expecting this sort of turn around, last year they were 15th and 17th this year 8th and 14th, last year, 2.6 secs off the pace in Q2 (the highest they got) this year just one sec off the pace in Q1 (usually a faster round)

Fingers crossed this is the start of another long and successful Williams Renault partnership :)

#1771 windtravels

windtravels

• 901 posts

Posted 17 March 2012 - 17:58

Well done guys - really happy to see a Williams in Q3 on pure pace. Points tomorrow I hope!

came here to say the same, looking good. hope bruno can progress too.

#1772 cooper

cooper

• 388 posts

Posted 17 March 2012 - 18:14

came here to say the same, looking good. hope bruno can progress too.

Absolutely agree.. It's really nice to see Williams further up the field :).. I will be looking forward to their race pace tomorrow :up:

#1773 Flyhigh

Flyhigh

• 397 posts

Posted 17 March 2012 - 19:23

But it doesn't mean that without Bruno's $$$ the team would be in the same position.

I think that if things go well, Williams can have astonishing season in 2013. Probably with Bottas onboard. If Bruno won't improve significantly (or his sponsorship), I think he will be replaced. But lot things can happen. Nobody knows how long Chavez and his supporters will be able to give Williams such a huge amount of $$$ every year. If the deal won't be continued for 2013, Bruno may stay. It would open the way to sponsorship deal with Total, but it will be really hard to replace all of this PDVSA sponsorship anyhow.

But there is still no 2012 Williams merchandise available. They even deleted the link on their official site where you could buy merchandise from previous years. Hopefully something interesting with sponsorship is going on and that's why you cannot buy anything from 2012 collection, yet. New title sponsor would be welcome, hopefully better deal than it was with AT&T.

With good funding and more established technical team, they may focus on making FW35 really good car. :up: But luckily there are some signs that we should expect some enjoying moments with FW34 as well, at least it should be a huge improvement comparing to FW33. :smoking:

What kind of talk is that about Bruno, do people have that much of problem with the rich boy/famous name complex in order to discredit someone. Senna did a fine job all weekend but lacked on the end of q2, considering this is his first descent shot at a full F1 season. He was a ahead of Maldonado in several Practices and until that very point of q2.

Senna has been doing a descent work ever since he had his hand on a descent car. People need to stop being biased against him or with extra expectation based on his name and riches. Maldonado is also a paying driver, but now everybody is ok with it and it took a long time last year, until he began getting some due credit.

Edited by Flyhigh, 17 March 2012 - 19:28.

#1774 Flyhigh

Flyhigh

• 397 posts

Posted 17 March 2012 - 19:25

The main problem with Williams as it now looks clear than ever was the Cosworth engine, they would problably have similar perfomance last year, if they were with the Renault engine already and in 2010 even better.

Edited by Flyhigh, 17 March 2012 - 19:27.

#1775 Anderis

Anderis

• 2,638 posts

Posted 17 March 2012 - 19:59

What kind of talk is that about Bruno, do people have that much of problem with the rich boy/famous name complex in order to discredit someone.

When have I discredited Senna? Just realised that Rubens probably would've been faster today and that his seat is more threatened for 2013 than Maldonado's, as long as Maldonado brings more money and better results on track. As long as Senna won't beat Maldonado in quali and races more often than not, you cannot really argue with that. At the moment there is 1-0 for Maldonado and it doesn't really matter what was in FPS etc. I remember at some point of the beginning 2010 Hulk was clearly faster than Rubens in FPS, but was behind him in quali by 0,5 secs.
After announcement that Senna will be driving for Williams, there were many people far more harsh to him than me (although I also wasn't enthusiastic about him before the announcement).

I don't claim that he will be rubbish throughout the season, just pointed that at the moment his seat is more threatened than Maldonado's, both results so far and amount of money brought onboard confirm my point of view. And I have no doubt that Bottas is under serious consideration of getting race seat in 2013. Otherwise he wouldn't get 15 Friday runs this year. Even Hulk wasn't driving at Fridays, although there were no doubts that Williams was going to give him a seat sooner or later.

And Bottas also have some personal sponsorship. Expect to see Wihuri's logo sooner or later on FW34. It's present on the wallpaper which you can download from official Williams's website.

#1776 Francesc

Francesc

• 2,331 posts

Posted 17 March 2012 - 20:03

Expect to see Wihuri's logo sooner or later on FW34. It's present on the wallpaper which you can download from official Williams's website.

It's already present on the car.

#1777 Anderis

Anderis

• 2,638 posts

Posted 17 March 2012 - 20:14

Well, I haven't spotted that.

But still not present on the website.

Have you maybe any picture on which Wihuri's logo is clearly visible? I've found some photos from Australia on which I can actually see something written on the rear wing, but on neither of them it's clear enough to outguess.

#1778 paulogman

paulogman

• 1,857 posts

Posted 17 March 2012 - 20:22

good potential in quali. Senna can hopefully learn and keep up with maldonado in q2 soon.
now the test of which mid grid team manages tyres best. will be an interesting strategy match to see who can get points!

#1779 Flyhigh

Flyhigh

• 397 posts

Posted 17 March 2012 - 22:19

Anderis,

Ok, I know you not biased against Senna, I have seen your other comments, but I don't like all of this projection about 2013, who will bring what, who will be in trouble etc. We don't even have a clear picture about how things stand in this season and to make negative projections about Senna, I believe is uncalled for. Let see how the season goes.

Advertisement

#1780 GSF1

GSF1

• 98 posts

Posted 17 March 2012 - 22:40

you know you just showed your class or the lack of it with that post.. :up: Keep it going mate.. keep this attitude in life and you will make great strides..

I'm surprised your still talking after most of what you have said has turned out to be crap. Please remember your the sh*t stirrer who just wants to antagonise. Your the one that noone wants to hear from in this forum, get real and get a life. and trust me mate my strides are doing just fine.

But now more seriously Awesome work by Williams as well yesterday, testing has shown what I think most of us believed. Actually right where I was hoping for. Been at the GP all weekend very surprised Hulk in the FI got up so high, they have not been looking that good all weekend, I was expecting him to qualify with DiResta. Always great to see a Ferrari going backwards on the back of a lorry as well.

Going to be a great race today, sun is out at 9:20 this morning, the birds a singing and I sense a great day to be an Aussie and a Williams fan.

P.S - to all of you, the Australian Gp is one you must come too. Heaps of action on and off track. the F1 speed comparison, Fa18's the V8 Supercars, Ferrari's everywhere celebrating 60 years in Australia, Crusty Demons, it's just four days of motorsport appreciation, in one of the best cities in the world.

#1781 GSF1

GSF1

• 98 posts

Posted 17 March 2012 - 22:46

Yes great observation, no 2012 merchandise. not even a proper Williams merchandise tent at the GP, very strange and very bloody annoying, all I want is to buy this years race shirt but no. All I can find at the GP is old Williams shirts with AT&T and RBS logos on it, Still one area that needs fixing up with F1 and especially Williams. So much potential money lost and such a great revenue stream. But new title sponsor could be worth the wait.

#1782 One

One

• 6,527 posts

Posted 18 March 2012 - 00:13

I have no problem with Bruno, but I am rather sure Rubens would have been on Q3 easily.

Overall was good showing yesterday, but nothing is won yet.

#1783 GustavoB

GustavoB

• 252 posts

Posted 18 March 2012 - 02:31

I have no problem with Bruno, but I am rather sure Rubens would have been on Q3 easily.

Overall was good showing yesterday, but nothing is won yet.

I'm brazilian and I must admit that I'm a little bit pissed about "Rubens would have been on Q3".... this is just bulsh**!! ):
Last year Pastor and Rubens were almost in the same rythm and Pastor was the only one that put the car on a Q3.
I'm sorry but Rubens is past. I think Bruno will have a tough task this year but I prefer to have him on the car than Rubens / Truli / Sutil / Heidfeld.

#1784 Sevach

Sevach

• 966 posts

Posted 18 March 2012 - 03:59

Bruno is no chump, he put last years Renault in Q3 4 times out of 8, and putting that car there was no slam dunk.

He just came up short this time.

#1785 man

man

• 1,301 posts

Posted 18 March 2012 - 04:03

It still seems very strange to read positive comments about Williams qualifying in the top 10 - a shame it has got to this stage for what was a mighty team not so long ago it seems. I hope it's not just a case of being a temporary hope and not much more as was the case for the great Tyrrell team when they had Alesi or when the real Lotus team claimed 4th on the grid with a new Mugen engine in 1994.

#1786 DanardiF1

DanardiF1

• 6,469 posts

Posted 18 March 2012 - 04:50

Bruno is no chump, he put last years Renault in Q3 4 times out of 8, and putting that car there was no slam dunk.

He just came up short this time.

He had real pace, but didn't quite put it all together. It happens, but the pace alone that both have showed is very encouraging. I'm glad that what I saw in Jerez was real pace too and nothing fake.

#1787 joora

joora

• 329 posts

Posted 18 March 2012 - 06:59

half of the race gone, judging by the pace we're right behind mclaren and red bull, rivaling Ferrari, lotus. good times ahead.

senna unlucky

#1788 tractionman

tractionman

• 169 posts

Posted 18 March 2012 - 07:34

half of the race gone, judging by the pace we're right behind mclaren and red bull, rivaling Ferrari, lotus. good times ahead.

senna unlucky

His pace on worn mediums was very encouraging....He should hopefully be up with pastor in the next race

#1789 WilliamsFWPH

WilliamsFWPH

• 42 posts

Posted 18 March 2012 - 07:39

what a disappointment, such a good race from Pastor and finally a performing car

#1790 Sevach

Sevach

• 966 posts

Posted 18 March 2012 - 07:43

Jesus that was brutal...

#1791 tractionman

tractionman

• 169 posts

Posted 18 March 2012 - 07:44

Serious case of inaction from the stewards....Bruno was driven off the road twice...the hit job by Massa cost Williams points given where Ricciardo(who was behind Senna at the time of the contact) finished.

#1792 Tiakumosan

Tiakumosan

• 280 posts

Posted 18 March 2012 - 07:45

After P2 Senna was posting the same times as Maldonado.

Shame Maldo crashed and Senna was hit at the begining of the race. Hoping for points next week.

Also, team could have changed Bruno's tyres on SC, as STR did with Ricciardo.

Edited by Tiakumosan, 18 March 2012 - 07:46.

#1793 roadie

roadie

• 1,844 posts

Posted 18 March 2012 - 07:47

What a shame and an expensive repair job for sure! Fantastic pace from Pastor though through the race. Shame he went through the gravel early on, as Fred should have had no chance for 5th.

#1794 Anderis

Anderis

• 2,638 posts

Posted 18 March 2012 - 07:51

Well, after what I have seen today, I'm starting to consider Williams as a podium contender for Malaysia.

Don't really regret this crash. I'm sure we will have a good season going on and our drivers won't be crashing each race and sometimes we will have more luck. :kiss:

#1795 roadie

roadie

• 1,844 posts

Posted 18 March 2012 - 07:55

I do regret the crash, as how long will it be until Mercedes and Ferrari get their act together fully? That's a decent haul gone, and other midfield runners have taken them.

Edited by roadie, 18 March 2012 - 07:55.

#1796 TheBunk

TheBunk

• 4,083 posts

Posted 18 March 2012 - 07:56

The car is good, but the pit wall shouldv told Pastor to cool it down. And Senna...God what a mistake.

Lets hope next weekend it gets better.

#1797 Francesc

Francesc

• 2,331 posts

Maldonado did too many mistakes today, this car had podium pace. First he went off the track, then when fighting with Alonso he was taking second to last corner too deep and of course the crash.

Senna has been very unlucky, it wasn't his fault to be hit by Ricciardo at the first corner.

Let's hope we have even better pace in Sepang.

#1798 DS27

DS27

• 982 posts

Wish I had bought some Williams shares on Friday! The performance, if not the points, are very promising.

#1799 PayasYouRace

PayasYouRace

• 7,036 posts

Posted 18 March 2012 - 07:58

Pastor's crash and Bruno's various troubles are a disappointment, but the pace is so encouraging. It's been a long time since we saw a Williams-Renault hunting down a Ferrari. The crash looked pretty brutal but at least Pastor was having a go.

Of course if Schumacher and Grosjean had stayed in the race and Raikkonen had started near the front it might not have looked so good. Can't wait for Malaysia though. It could be good.

Advertisement

#1800 Artifex

Artifex

• 7 posts

Posted 18 March 2012 - 08:00

Part gutted for the opportunity missed to score points, need to take them when they are presented.

The rest of me is very happy. To be racing for 5th on merit with good consistency is a massive step forward on last year. I think this will be a good season.