Photo

Williams 2012 - FW34 Renault

• Please log in to reply
3953 replies to this topic

#2901 TheWilliamzer

TheWilliamzer

• 689 posts

Posted 21 June 2012 - 20:31

Sure you know more than me about what you noted here above,... more info?

The Williams garage is trained by Michael Johnson Performance Inc.

"Michael Johnson Performance Inc focuses on training top level athletes in all sports and was founded by Olympic gold medalist and world record holder, Michael Johnson. The MJP Center was opened by Michael Johnson in 2007 and trains youth and professional athletes in four key areas; speed, agility, strength and stamina in order to develop an improved athletic performance. The professional trainers at the Center follow the same training philosophy and methods Michael Johnson used to win his four Olympic and nine World Championship gold medals on the track and their experience and biomechanics expertise has benefitted numerous American football athletes, Premier League football teams, and Olympic federations."

Advertisement

#2902 One

One

• 6,527 posts

Posted 21 June 2012 - 22:07

The Williams garage is trained by Michael Johnson Performance Inc.

"Michael Johnson Performance Inc focuses on training top level athletes in all sports and was founded by Olympic gold medalist and world record holder, Michael Johnson. The MJP Center was opened by Michael Johnson in 2007 and trains youth and professional athletes in four key areas; speed, agility, strength and stamina in order to develop an improved athletic performance. The professional trainers at the Center follow the same training philosophy and methods Michael Johnson used to win his four Olympic and nine World Championship gold medals on the track and their experience and biomechanics expertise has benefitted numerous American football athletes, Premier League football teams, and Olympic federations."

Yup, Iknoew that, now I recall it. :up:

#2903 Sevach

Sevach

• 966 posts

Posted 22 June 2012 - 08:35

Coanda exhaust making an appeareance on Bottas car in FP1.

Let's see if they keep it for the rest of the weekend.

#2904 Francesc

Francesc

• 2,395 posts

Posted 22 June 2012 - 08:53

Coanda exhaust making an appeareance on Bottas car in FP1.

Let's see if they keep it for the rest of the weekend.

No, being taken out of the car now.

#2905 Sevach

Sevach

• 966 posts

Posted 22 June 2012 - 09:15

Yep.

Then again, Maldonado went plenty fast without it

#2906 Anderis

Anderis

• 2,671 posts

Posted 22 June 2012 - 09:47

At the moment I wish all F1 races take part in Spain. :rotfl:

Please good amount of points this time!

#2907 TheWilliamzer

TheWilliamzer

• 689 posts

Posted 22 June 2012 - 10:18

The braking stability of the FW34 is making the difference I think.

#2908 mdaclarke

mdaclarke

• 110 posts

Posted 22 June 2012 - 16:47

Williams had a good day. Am especially pleased that Bruno did well. Hopefully he can keep it up for the rest of the weekend.

#2909 Sevach

Sevach

• 966 posts

Posted 23 June 2012 - 13:12

Oh so close to a front row...

The car is mega in the final sector.
If Rosberg wasn't there i think the front row was possible, great to see the team back infront after 2 races where everything went wrong on saturday.

#2910 joora

joora

• 350 posts

Posted 23 June 2012 - 13:13

Great drive from Maldonado, hope that he has a good start tomorrow. Podium definatelly a possibility.

If Senna doesn't show a brilliant drive tomorrow I think it would better to let him go. Pastor is constantly showing that Williams have a top 5 car (but he is erratic), and Senna is constantly underperforming. I think even Bottas would bring more points.

#2911 TheBunk

TheBunk

• 4,083 posts

Posted 23 June 2012 - 13:20

GO WILLIAMS!!

GO WILLIAMS!!!

GO WILLIAMS!!

Very happy with this performance.

#2912 muramasa

muramasa

• 3,270 posts

Posted 23 June 2012 - 13:23

Pastor "we got in top3 in quali, so what" Maldonado :lol: :up:

#2913 Jambo

Jambo

• 2,073 posts

Posted 23 June 2012 - 13:25

Great lap by Pastor, Bruno disappointing again unfortunately.

#2914 Sevach

Sevach

• 966 posts

Posted 23 June 2012 - 13:27

I love his atitude :lol:

#2915 TheWilliamzer

TheWilliamzer

• 689 posts

Posted 23 June 2012 - 13:54

Yeah Pastor is like "Chill out guys I've been doing this since ever!!" :lol: :up:

If Pastor repeated his best sector 1 it could have been a front row but anyway good to start from the clean side.

#2916 race addicted

race addicted

• 19,744 posts

Posted 23 June 2012 - 13:55

Great and un-expected result! :up: Williams and Maldo!

#2917 TheBunk

TheBunk

• 4,083 posts

Posted 23 June 2012 - 14:17

Great lap by Pastor, Bruno disappointing again unfortunately.

:rotfl:

#2918 Sevach

Sevach

• 966 posts

Posted 23 June 2012 - 14:24

Yeah Pastor is like "Chill out guys I've been doing this since ever!!" :lol: :up:

If Pastor repeated his best sector 1 it could have been a front row but anyway good to start from the clean side.

After watching the GP2 start, yeah no doubt.

#2919 tarmac

tarmac

• 1,155 posts

Posted 23 June 2012 - 14:44

Put Bottas there ffs. Senna money cant be that good to lose places in CC

Edited by tarmac, 23 June 2012 - 14:44.

Advertisement

#2920 mdaclarke

mdaclarke

• 110 posts

Posted 23 June 2012 - 16:40

It is very tight. Bruno is less than 1 second off the pace. He has ben in team 1 year less than Maldonado. He gets less running time. Also how do we know that Bottas is not just doing "Glory runs"?

#2921 TFLB

TFLB

• 1,616 posts

Posted 23 June 2012 - 16:47

Can someone explain why the Williams is so fast in S3? Senna was nearly 2 tenths faster than anyone else there yesterday afternoon and Maldonado was quickest there in qualifying.

#2922 Francesc

Francesc

• 2,395 posts

Posted 23 June 2012 - 17:15

Can someone explain why the Williams is so fast in S3? Senna was nearly 2 tenths faster than anyone else there yesterday afternoon and Maldonado was quickest there in qualifying.

The only medium speed corners of the track are on S3. Make of that whatever you want.

#2923 Lord Snooty

Lord Snooty

• 809 posts

Posted 23 June 2012 - 17:24

Great effort today; Pastor really came through at the end. Looking forward to tomorrow.

#2924 Disgrace

Disgrace
  • RC Forum Host

• 10,423 posts

Posted 23 June 2012 - 17:49

Let's hope for a Barcelona performance. He is obviously capable of repeating it.

#2925 One

One

• 6,527 posts

Posted 23 June 2012 - 17:49

Great effort.

I am becomingmore and more curious whatthe car can do if someone else in the car. Say ... like...

#2926 PayasYouRace

PayasYouRace

• 7,469 posts

Posted 23 June 2012 - 18:00

Bit nervous about Pastor's chances in the race. Hoping for another great result.

#2927 TheBunk

TheBunk

• 4,083 posts

Posted 23 June 2012 - 18:03

Put Bottas there ffs. Senna money cant be that good to lose places in CC

You actually start to wonder what Barrichello wouldv done next to Maldonado.

#2928 sniper80

sniper80

• 547 posts

Posted 23 June 2012 - 18:33

It's beyond me why they keep putting Bottas in for Senna in the practice sessions. It's clearly costing him a lot of experience & time. Look at Raikkonen in Monaco with missing a session, and he's a super experienced F1 driver. Imagine what it does with Senna. It's not fair and I'm disappointed Frank Williams allows this shit!

#2929 Disgrace

Disgrace
  • RC Forum Host

• 10,423 posts

Posted 23 June 2012 - 18:35

It's beyond me why they keep putting Bottas in for Senna in the practice sessions. It's clearly costing him a lot of experience & time. Look at Raikkonen in Monaco with missing a session, and he's a super experienced F1 driver. Imagine what it does with Senna. It's not fair and I'm disappointed Frank Williams allows this shit!

Jenson in Canada was another example. Getting maximum Friday mileage is more important than ever, and it's clearly costing Senna to the extent that I don't think he can actually be fairly compared to his team-mate.

#2930 TFLB

TFLB

• 1,616 posts

Posted 23 June 2012 - 19:20

I'm not sure it makes that much of a difference to be honest, it didn't affect Force India much in 2010-11. Maybe a tenth or two but not the 7-8 tenths that Senna tends to be behind Maldonado.

#2931 TFLB

TFLB

• 1,616 posts

Posted 23 June 2012 - 19:23

Jenson in Canada was another example. Getting maximum Friday mileage is more important than ever, and it's clearly costing Senna to the extent that I don't think he can actually be fairly compared to his team-mate.

Senna had all practice sessions in Monaco, yet qualified six tenths behind his teammate. He also had all sessions in Canada, and if Maldonado hadn't binned it he was on course to be about half a second faster than Senna. So as I said in my previous post - maybe he loses a tenth or two, but the gap is too big to be put down to lost practice time alone.

#2932 Disgrace

Disgrace
  • RC Forum Host

• 10,423 posts

Posted 23 June 2012 - 19:29

Senna had all practice sessions in Monaco, yet qualified six tenths behind his teammate. He also had all sessions in Canada, and if Maldonado hadn't binned it he was on course to be about half a second faster than Senna. So as I said in my previous post - maybe he loses a tenth or two, but the gap is too big to be put down to lost practice time alone.

I would agree, there's no disputing the facts that he didn't take those opportunities. He binned it in Canada too, but it's clear a general lack of running is a contributory factor to being slower. Talent is probably a better factor.

Edited by Disgrace, 23 June 2012 - 19:29.

#2933 FEB

FEB

• 99 posts

Posted 23 June 2012 - 20:08

I´m missing rubens and his consistency....

#2934 TFLB

TFLB

• 1,616 posts

Posted 23 June 2012 - 20:14

I´m missing rubens and his consistency....

The only thing Barrichello was in 2011 was consistently slow. He'd not have won in Spain or qualified third here. He'd be about where Senna is.

#2935 Sevach

Sevach

• 966 posts

Posted 23 June 2012 - 21:04

Come on, he was about equal to Pastor in qualy and a bit more consistent in the races.

Senna has been nothing but a joke, did someone just compliment him for being less than a second off the pace?
Hulkenberg didn't take part in FP1 and made it to Q3.

#2936 TFLB

TFLB

• 1,616 posts

Posted 23 June 2012 - 21:22

Come on, he was about equal to Pastor in qualy and a bit more consistent in the races.

Senna has been nothing but a joke, did someone just compliment him for being less than a second off the pace?
Hulkenberg didn't take part in FP1 and made it to Q3.

Barrichello didn't have a standout performance in 2011, and never made Q3. Maldonado on the other hand made Q3 three times and was set for 6th in Monaco until being taken out. This indicates to me that when the car is fast, Maldonado is better at getting the most out of it than Barrichello.

#2937 SpeedRacer`

SpeedRacer`

• 791 posts

Posted 23 June 2012 - 23:28

Barrichello didn't have a standout performance in 2011, and never made Q3. Maldonado on the other hand made Q3 three times and was set for 6th in Monaco until being taken out. This indicates to me that when the car is fast, Maldonado is better at getting the most out of it than Barrichello.

Barrichello drove a superb race in Abu Dhabi.

Generally, he was slightly slower than Maldonado in qualifying but slightly faster in the races.

#2938 Sevach

Sevach

• 966 posts

Posted 24 June 2012 - 00:09

Rubens had some lackluster moments and looked dismotivated mid season, but no way he would be 8 tenths behind his team-mate when the car is good enough for the top 3.

Maldonado was set for 6th but Barrichello although not as good was in the points as well.

#2939 BetaVersion

BetaVersion

• 689 posts

Posted 24 June 2012 - 00:18

Imo, Senna isn't so bad as some like to think.

The thing is that Maldonado is flattening the car. The venezuelan is probably the fastest driver over a single lap, in this field.

:rotfl:

In which interview did he have such attitude, please? I wanna watch it :)

The only medium speed corners of the track are on S3. Make of that whatever you want.

Well, Williams is on par with the fastest cars in high speed corners, but in this case, the corners at S3, which are faster, are all flat out, so the pace is coming from the final corner, I think. Williams might have a very good set for that atypical corner where the braking is done cornering

Edited by BetaVersion, 24 June 2012 - 00:36.

Advertisement

#2940 PayasYouRace

PayasYouRace

• 7,469 posts

Posted 24 June 2012 - 02:45

The car did look nicely planted on the way into the final corner. I'm sure a lot of time was coming from there.

#2941 TFLB

TFLB

• 1,616 posts

Posted 24 June 2012 - 08:28

Rubens had some lackluster moments and looked dismotivated mid season, but no way he would be 8 tenths behind his team-mate when the car is good enough for the top 3.

Maldonado was set for 6th but Barrichello although not as good was in the points as well.

In Monaco Barrichello was lapped by his teammate. I think Williams clearly knew what they were doing by dropping Barrichello, but I think they were hoping for more from Senna. What I find interesting though is that they are not suffering from lack of development with two inexperienced drivers, and they have made their best car for ages after the exit of the renowned 'car developer' Barrichello.

#2942 mdaclarke

mdaclarke

• 110 posts

Posted 24 June 2012 - 10:48

With regard to my comment about Bruno being less than 1 second behind maldonado, I was highlighting the factors which go against Bruno. Namely

1. He has been in the team 1 year less than Maldonado
2. He has less running time than Maldonado which this season is a major handicap.
3. The season is very close so any handicap and you will be down the grid. He is not far off Maldonado's pace and yet he is 11 places back. This wouldn't happen in any other season.
4. We do not know what Bottas is doing (high fuel/soft tyres/etc)
5. I feel that the gets unfair criticism/praise for his name. It undoubtably opened doors for him but at the same time it means that people have too high expectations from him.

I also feel that Nelson Piquet Jr was treated unfairly and not given a fair crack of the whip. I hope this doesn't happen to Senna.

#2943 mdaclarke

mdaclarke

• 110 posts

Posted 24 June 2012 - 12:47

Scandalous decision. I thought Bruno was doing really well. Isn't Salo Bottas manager. Possible conflict of interest!!!

#2944 Tiakumosan

Tiakumosan

• 284 posts

Posted 24 June 2012 - 13:32

Scandalous decision. I thought Bruno was doing really well. Isn't Salo Bottas manager. Possible conflict of interest!!!

It seemed to me that he would fight for 7th/8th.

#2945 KoezhVukotic

KoezhVukotic

• 235 posts

Posted 24 June 2012 - 14:08

Yep very harsh to give Bruno a drive through, if anyone should have got one it was KK. Bit silly from Maldonado at the end, threw away 15 points in the championship fight with Sauber and ruining what was a great drive

#2946 joora

joora

• 350 posts

Posted 24 June 2012 - 14:27

Another disaster. Senna was just slow despite the incident, Maldonado impressive pace but reckless.

Senna needs to be replaced from the next race, sponsorship or not Williams is going to loose in the constructors championship. Maybe Bottas could bring more sponsors now that the car is proved to be in the top 5 race pace.

#2947 PayasYouRace

PayasYouRace

• 7,469 posts

Posted 24 June 2012 - 14:48

Oh Pastor. You were doing so well. Just a bit of patience and you could have passed Lewis without a problem. Sometimes you just gotta know when you've lost the corner. Oh well, maybe at home at Silverstone.

Bruno's penalty seemed a little unfair. Perhaps he took a little too long to tuck back in line but I don't think Koba had the right of way there.

A day to forget I think. Hopefully the pace is still there at Silverstone.

#2948 Kyo

Kyo

• 856 posts

Posted 24 June 2012 - 15:45

one more day and one more brain fade by Pastor and one more no pace by Bruno...

#2949 Disgrace

Disgrace
  • RC Forum Host

• 10,423 posts

Posted 24 June 2012 - 15:52

I honestly think that his crash with Hamilton was Maldonados fault, therefore, it's more good points going down the drain. He keeps getting himself into great positions, but can't keep them, other than in Barcelona. Needless expense for a team who can't afford it.

#2950 Disgrace

Disgrace
  • RC Forum Host

• 10,423 posts

Posted 24 June 2012 - 16:38

one more day and one more brain fade by Pastor and one more no pace by Bruno...

Unfortunately, like in Spain, Senna was taken out by cars on fresher tyres from behind. We never saw what he could do later in the race which is annoying frankly, as races keep going by and it's impossible to compare him seriously to Maldonado.