Photo

HRT 2012 Thread

• Please log in to reply
2071 replies to this topic

#451 Breogan

Breogan

• 26 posts

Posted 02 January 2012 - 11:18

Both Alguersuari and Sutil deserve much more then a drive at HRT after such a season... But we will see, if Hulkenberg and Vergne are better... My opinion is NO...

There's been a rumor floating around for the last couple of days that places Alguersuari as Mercedes' 3rd driver, in line for replacing Schumacher in 2013 after he retires.

Edited by Breogan, 02 January 2012 - 11:19.

Advertisement

#452 cbbcisace

cbbcisace

• 1,081 posts

Posted 07 January 2012 - 21:58

There's been a rumor floating around for the last couple of days that places Alguersuari as Mercedes' 3rd driver, in line for replacing Schumacher in 2013 after he retires.

Some rumours again that Jose Maria Lopez will be in the 2nd HRT seat.

#453 Eden

Eden

• 49 posts

Posted 07 January 2012 - 23:34

Would love that rumor was true, but not gonna happen.

#454 Petroltorque

Petroltorque

• 1,793 posts

Posted 08 January 2012 - 06:40

Some rumours again that Jose Maria Lopez will be in the 2nd HRT seat.

Its begiining to look like the people running HRT are clueless. The concept of an all Spanish team did not work for Campos that was why Kolles was hired. The economic downturn in Spain is starting to bite so I don't see any major Spanish backing coming on board.
The problem with Private Equity operations is that they are always on the lookout for a profit. The relocation now means they own an F1 entry and a turnkey race team, so the team is easier to sell on. Time will tell!

#455 cbbcisace

cbbcisace

• 1,081 posts

Posted 08 January 2012 - 09:58

Its begiining to look like the people running HRT are clueless. The concept of an all Spanish team did not work for Campos that was why Kolles was hired. The economic downturn in Spain is starting to bite so I don't see any major Spanish backing coming on board.
The problem with Private Equity operations is that they are always on the lookout for a profit. The relocation now means they own an F1 entry and a turnkey race team, so the team is easier to sell on. Time will tell!

Petroltorque :- these are just rumours on twitter re Jose Maria Lopez

We don't know about any new backing yet, but I read an interview with Pedro stating he hope to have the most mileage with the new car at the first test, this is miles better for HRT than any other year.

re Thesan Capital - I guess we just have to assess them from this season, as all other personnel as left now.

I personally don't think it will be a Spanish all team racing lineup, Clos/Karthikeyan will be reserve driver, with Petrov as 2nd driver.

#456 handel

handel

• 418 posts

Posted 08 January 2012 - 13:34

I'm not one to really overly criticise HRT, but there's a funny moment in the season review DVD - 1st disc @ 1hr 17mins or so... where there's an ultra-zoomed shot of the cars going through T13/T14. Literally the cars are nose to tail as it's on the opening lap and because of the angle of the shot you can barely discern any gaps between them - apart from the HRTs struggling over the last two places!

#457 MustangSally

MustangSally

• 372 posts

Posted 08 January 2012 - 14:25

Its beginning to look like the people running HRT are clueless. The concept of an all Spanish team did not work for Campos that was why Kolles was hired.

Yes, we may be wrong and there really is a cunning plan, but it seems to send all the wrong signals. The team is relocating to destination unknown and restructuring at the most inconvenient time bearing in mind the testing deadline. The only heavyweight tech guy, Geoff Willis, left without being replaced and there's precious little management experience on Sala's CV.

Does anyone know if the split with Kolles was amicable? Wouldn't it have made sense to keep him on to manage the transition?

#458 cbbcisace

cbbcisace

• 1,081 posts

Posted 08 January 2012 - 20:03

Yes, we may be wrong and there really is a cunning plan, but it seems to send all the wrong signals. The team is relocating to destination unknown and restructuring at the most inconvenient time bearing in mind the testing deadline. The only heavyweight tech guy, Geoff Willis, left without being replaced and there's precious little management experience on Sala's CV.

Does anyone know if the split with Kolles was amicable? Wouldn't it have made sense to keep him on to manage the transition?

Kolles split was amicable, HRT new management has held everything tangible i.e Trucks, Equipment, Cars + Entry for some time now.

HRT still have some good staff based in Germany.

PS >>>

En teoría mañana HRT presentará su segundo piloto. ¿Os aventuraís a decir su nombre? Venga, se admiten apuestas #F1

In theory HRT tomorrow will present its second pilot. ¿You venture to say his name? Come bets are allowed # F1

Does this tie in with previous post and Petrov announcing his future by the 10th Jan?

#459 Sanman59

Sanman59

• 268 posts

Posted 08 January 2012 - 20:23

Yes I agree. The team seems to be navel gazing and seem unlikely to be taking a step forward in 2012.

:cry:

Advertisement

#460 MustangSally

MustangSally

• 372 posts

Posted 09 January 2012 - 09:52

In theory HRT tomorrow will present its second pilot. ¿You venture to say his name? Come bets are allowed # F1

Does this tie in with previous post and Petrov announcing his future by the 10th Jan?

It certainly seems like Petrov's last option. I think he's tried unseating Trulli and Glock. And in an earlier interview he said he was glad not to be in the queue for the Williams seat.

Good option for HRT . . . he's a half-decent driver with money and a huge following in Russia. Plus it would keep him in the game until going to Marussia for 2013.

#461 jrg19

jrg19

• 6,118 posts

Posted 09 January 2012 - 13:35

I thought there was going to be an announcement today?

I think Petrov is a grear option for HRT might actually see some sponsors on the car.

#462 Petroltorque

Petroltorque

• 1,793 posts

Posted 09 January 2012 - 15:37

I thought there was going to be an announcement today?

I think Petrov is a grear option for HRT might actually see some sponsors on the car.

Petrov has denied that he's signing for HRT.

#463 Francesc

Francesc

• 2,368 posts

Posted 09 January 2012 - 19:50

Van der Garde to be announced tomorrow???

#464 cbbcisace

cbbcisace

• 1,081 posts

Posted 09 January 2012 - 19:59

Van der Garde to be announced tomorrow???

According along with New Website - thats the news in Spain.

#465 Petroltorque

Petroltorque

• 1,793 posts

Posted 10 January 2012 - 08:08

The spanish press have linked any driver without a drive to the HRT seat, but if you listen to Van Der Garde's manager they seem to be still in negotiation with Williams.
As long as HRT have the appearance of a team in disarray they will not be seen as an attractive prospect.
I think they should bite the bullet and sign Clos. For what he had at his disposal his times in Abu Dhabi were outstanding. If he prooves to be talented they could always sell him on to a bigger team. That's business plan that worked for small teams in the past.

Edited by Petroltorque, 10 January 2012 - 09:37.

#466 MustangSally

MustangSally

• 372 posts

Posted 10 January 2012 - 20:19

if you listen to Van Der Garde's manager they seem to be still in negotiation with Williams . . .

It seems like he's been negotiating with everyone since the dawn of time. Remember Spyker?

Williams already has a contract with McGregor, so it doesn't necessarily need to hire VDG. This also suggests VDG couldn't take McGregor to another team in 2012. There was a rumour McGregor was leaving Williams for Virgin last year, but it didn't happen and anyway Virgin took Ambrosio. While Williams has already has opted for Bottas as the next rookie.

As long as HRT have the appearance of a team in disarray they will not be seen as an attractive prospect.

Plus, don't you think, it's this uncertain image. The focus on 'the Spanish team' shouldn't really have a bearing on the nationality of drivers. Ligier, Prost didn't necessarily need French drivers, Ferrari actually preferred non-Italians behind the wheel. But the Dallara from Munich just doesn't fit somehow. It really is a team in search of an identity.

#467 cbbcisace

cbbcisace

• 1,081 posts

Posted 10 January 2012 - 21:00

It seems like he's been negotiating with everyone since the dawn of time. Remember Spyker?

Williams already has a contract with McGregor, so it doesn't necessarily need to hire VDG. This also suggests VDG couldn't take McGregor to another team in 2012. There was a rumour McGregor was leaving Williams for Virgin last year, but it didn't happen and anyway Virgin took Ambrosio. While Williams has already has opted for Bottas as the next rookie.

Plus, don't you think, it's this uncertain image. The focus on 'the Spanish team' shouldn't really have a bearing on the nationality of drivers. Ligier, Prost didn't necessarily need French drivers, Ferrari actually preferred non-Italians behind the wheel. But the Dallara from Munich just doesn't fit somehow. It really is a team in search of an identity.

I think that what HRT are trying to create this identity.

Plus no Dallara this year.... I'm going to find a link :clap:

#468 cbbcisace

cbbcisace

• 1,081 posts

Posted 10 January 2012 - 21:09

I think that what HRT are trying to create this identity.

Plus no Dallara this year.... I'm going to find a link :clap:

http://translate.goo...eme-chance.html

#469 MustangSally

MustangSally

• 372 posts

Posted 11 January 2012 - 09:39

Ambrosio tipped for HRT

Yalla

Let's hope that Jerome is more optimistic than Eeckelaert. :)

“We hope to continue our battle at the back of the pack,” said Eeckelaert.

“It is difficult to aim higher.

“We started fresh in September, later than the others, and so we cannot have fantasies.

“The new owners decided to move the team with the result that 90 per cent of the staff in Germany will not follow us."

“This is unfortunate,” he said.

Unfortunate? Hmmmm. Didn't they see that coming?

#470 Mastah

Mastah

• 3,679 posts

Posted 11 January 2012 - 09:47

f1zone F1Zone
"He hasn’t really confirmed himself after several chances. We are looking more for a young driver with a lot of potential,” - On Liuzzi.

Nah, it can't be true, Joe Saward after all said he's sooo talented :o.

:lol:

#471 Petroltorque

Petroltorque

• 1,793 posts

Posted 11 January 2012 - 10:22

If they started the project in September then Willis had little or no input in design as he had left by Spa. Custard would be a good signing, he's not slow and would put pressure on De La Rosa from the get go.

#472 D.M.N.

D.M.N.
  • RC Forum Host

• 7,222 posts

Posted 11 January 2012 - 15:58

Joe Saward's blog doesn't read for pretty reading for HRT, who it looks like may start 2012 with their 2011 car: http://joesaward.wor...-in-valencia-2/

And an image of their new HQ, which looks quite deserted:

Posted Image

A cat has 9 lives, how many lives does a back of the grid, incompetent F1 team like HRT have?

#473 dau

dau

• 4,578 posts

Posted 11 January 2012 - 16:34

I was optimistic in 2010. I was still optimistic last year. But i have to admit it doesn't look good this time. I really wish them to succeed, but their current management doesn't seem to be up to the task. If these rumours prove to be true and their grand plan of moving to Spain delays the F112 for at least a few races, their future looks pretty dreary.

I'm not absolutely sure about how the F111 nose complies with the 2012 rules - doesn't look like it - but at least the exhaust position doesn't. So either they'd have to spend money to modify the F111 or they have to hope for FIA turning a blind eye to at least two of their own rules, one being related to performance, the other to safety (at least that was the FIA's reasoning for the nose regulation). Can't see this happening to be honest. I hope this is just another one of those unfounded rumours from dubious sources Sawards digs up from time to time.

#474 Fastcake

Fastcake

• 6,248 posts

Posted 11 January 2012 - 16:46

The FIA are not going to give permission for HRT to ignore rules based upon safety, that would call the whole process into question, but they may well be able to get an exception on the exhaust related rules. Much like Toro Rosso was able to run V10s, no one really had a problem with an already slow team being able to use better tech.

HRT have always been a somewhat questionable team, but this is their third year now and they are still wondering around without a plan in sight.

#475 lemec

lemec

• 286 posts

Posted 11 January 2012 - 17:15

... Geoff Willis, left without being replaced and there's precious little management experience on Sala's CV.

Management is not the main duty of Sala.

The manager, CEO, is Saul Ruiz the Marcos together with Oscar Leyva (Business Development Director) and Carlos Nunes (Team Manager) both coming from Barwa-Addax, once again GP2 champion.

#476 Sanman59

Sanman59

• 268 posts

Posted 11 January 2012 - 17:30

An image of their new HQ, which looks quite deserted:

Oh dear, not very encouraging is it !! Reminds me of USF1 :cry:

#477 jrg19

jrg19

• 6,118 posts

Posted 11 January 2012 - 17:32

Joe Saward's blog doesn't read for pretty reading for HRT, who it looks like may start 2012 with their 2011 car: http://joesaward.wor...-in-valencia-2/

Posted Image

A cat has 9 lives, how many lives does a back of the grid, incompetent F1 team like HRT have?

The bin says a lot

#478 lemec

lemec

• 286 posts

Posted 11 January 2012 - 17:32

That happen when when you choose to show the back door on a blank holiday.

JS's allegations are, once again, false.

:down:

Edited by lemec, 11 January 2012 - 17:33.

#479 MustangSally

MustangSally

• 372 posts

Posted 11 January 2012 - 17:44

Management is not the main duty of Sala.

The manager, CEO, is Saul Ruiz the Marcos together with Oscar Leyva (Business Development Director) and Carlos Nunes (Team Manager) both coming from Barwa-Addax, once again GP2 champion.

Thanks for that, lemec. Where there's life, there's hope, as they say. :)

To be fair, as a bunch of cash-strapped no-hopers, HRT made Branson's Virgin look really bad. I put that down to Kolles having more F1 management savvy than the other minnows.

HRT is a completely new team this year, so we'll just have to see if they can do the impossible again.

Advertisement

#480 dau

dau

• 4,578 posts

Posted 11 January 2012 - 17:44

The photo was shot on Tuesday, Dec 13 afternoon. Was that a holiday? And why would you have a glass fronted back door?

Anyway, the photo is almost one month old, so it could look very different now. Anyone living near there?

Edited by dau, 11 January 2012 - 18:03.

#481 Francesc

Francesc

• 2,368 posts

Posted 11 January 2012 - 17:56

More than a Virgin.

#482 Petroltorque

Petroltorque

• 1,793 posts

Posted 11 January 2012 - 18:47

We'll just have to wait and see if the make it to any preseason tests. As the saying goes; Money talks and Bullshit walks.....

#483 D.M.N.

D.M.N.
  • RC Forum Host

• 7,222 posts

Posted 11 January 2012 - 19:00

Look in the car mirror at the bottom right of the picture, looks like a main road to me and not a 'back door' road.

Edited by D.M.N., 11 January 2012 - 19:00.

#484 BRG

BRG

• 11,663 posts

Posted 11 January 2012 - 19:30

The bin says a lot

What bin? I thought that was the 2012 tub.

#485 cbbcisace

cbbcisace

• 1,081 posts

Posted 11 January 2012 - 19:32

Look in the car mirror at the bottom right of the picture, looks like a main road to me and not a 'back door' road.

With regards to Joe Sawards blog, HRT Saul Ruiz has always said that this base (picture on Joe Sawards blog) was a temporary base for the 2012 season until they found a definitive home.

Also i posted a link yesterday which Jacky Eeckelaert has said HRT have ditched the Dallara based F111 and started afresh.

:rolleyes:

#486 lemec

lemec

• 286 posts

Posted 11 January 2012 - 22:29

It is ... so, can you imagine how the main road looks like?

It`s clear that none of you had ever seen, i.e Sauber facilities at Hinwil. :smoking:

Edited by lemec, 11 January 2012 - 22:56.

#487 Ulysses777

Ulysses777

• 64 posts

Posted 11 January 2012 - 22:55

Also, isn't the technical base still in Munich?

#488 cbbcisace

cbbcisace

• 1,081 posts

Posted 11 January 2012 - 23:01

Also, isn't the technical base still in Munich?

Yep the Technical Team in based in Munich so the cars will be built there and moved over to this site ONCE completed.

The building in Valencia is where they are keeping all race and admin personnel until the fly aways are over and then they will be kept there until later on in the championship.

Just something on the HRT website I found, an extract from the LPS interview on the 17th December

LPS: “Right now we are working at a provisional base in Valencia until the location of the permanent headquarters is defined. There a few strong options but nothing is closed yet. Once everything is sealed we will make it official”.

Edited by cbbcisace, 11 January 2012 - 23:04.

#489 dau

dau

• 4,578 posts

Posted 11 January 2012 - 23:49

It is ... so, can you imagine how the main road looks like?

It`s clear that none of you had ever seen, i.e Sauber facilities at Hinwil. :smoking:

What have the Sauber facilities to do with this?

#490 lemec

lemec

• 286 posts

Posted 12 January 2012 - 09:02

That depending on the picture you choose it can looks as devastated as any other industrial warehouse. I spent some time at Hinwil last year and, believe me, it's the most banal place on the world. Woking facilities are the exception. Most of F1 facilities are just "warehouses"

Posted Image

Edited by lemec, 12 January 2012 - 13:18.

#491 Petroltorque

Petroltorque

• 1,793 posts

Posted 12 January 2012 - 09:18

That depending on the picture you choose it can looks as devastated as any other industrial warehouse. I spent some time at Hinwil last year and, believe me, it's the most banal place on the world. Woking facilities are the exception. Most of F1 facilities are just "warehouses"

Posted Image

If you're going to use a photo to make your point, I would suggest using a recent one. That's looks like a photo of the old Minardi base in Faenza, whose facilities have been considerably upgraded over the years.

#492 lemec

lemec

• 286 posts

Posted 12 January 2012 - 09:46

Tha's exactly my point ... that you can choose the photo and the frame on a very biased way ... as our dear JS made ...

Posted Image

I could choose this one ...

Posted Image

Edited by lemec, 12 January 2012 - 12:59.

#493 jrg19

jrg19

• 6,118 posts

Posted 12 January 2012 - 11:08

What bin? I thought that was the 2012 tub.

:rotfl:

#494 cbbcisace

cbbcisace

• 1,081 posts

Posted 12 January 2012 - 22:00

Reading the Autosport Magazine this week is stated that Giedo van der Garde, Narain Karthikeyan and Kevin Ceccon where in line for the 2nd seat.

Edited by cbbcisace, 12 January 2012 - 22:01.

#495 lemec

lemec

• 286 posts

Posted 12 January 2012 - 23:14

... next week will be Piquet Jr, Trulli and myself :stoned:

#496 cbbcisace

cbbcisace

• 1,081 posts

Posted 12 January 2012 - 23:24

... next week will be Piquet Jr, Trulli and myself :stoned:

in all seriousness van der Garde is looking most likely?

#497 lemec

lemec

• 286 posts

Posted 13 January 2012 - 15:34

No clue, I've just came back from holidays and, honestly, I'm not really interested on the second driver now but on the facilities they are running on Valenceia.

There are some one I'm in touch that was in today. He promised me to sent me some photos and comments on what he saw :cool:

#498 Sanman59

Sanman59

• 268 posts

Posted 13 January 2012 - 16:03

in all seriousness van der Garde is looking most likely?

Got to be....clearly money is now the major issue and nobody else with a strong budget wants it. :)

#499 Petroltorque

Petroltorque

• 1,793 posts

Posted 13 January 2012 - 16:24

I would ask how much money Van Der Garde will actually bring. HRT has had their fingers burnt in past. Chandok comes to mind. In any event getting the chassi to the preseason test is the absolute priority. Its less than 3 weeks to the first test and we still don't know if HRT have passed their crash tests.

Edited by Petroltorque, 13 January 2012 - 16:26.

Advertisement

#500 dau

dau

• 4,578 posts

Posted 13 January 2012 - 16:31

No clue, I've just came back from holidays and, honestly, I'm not really interested on the second driver now but on the facilities they are running on Valenceia.

There are some one I'm in touch that was in today. He promised me to sent me some photos and comments on what he saw :cool:

That'd be great, thanks.

Found this at F1Technical: HRT denies having problems with the F112 and say they are still planning to run the new car at the Barcelona tests from Feb 21 to 24, maybe even earlier at the Jerez tests.

http://translate.goo...Jrfh0pgkK0d_J4w