Photo

HRT 2012 Thread

• Please log in to reply
2071 replies to this topic

#551 Petroltorque

Petroltorque

• 1,570 posts

Posted 20 January 2012 - 17:06

You really rate Close that much higher than VdG?

If one examines the teams they drove for in GP2 I think Clos' performances stacks up. VdG's backing meant he effectively bought perfromance by signing for better equiped outfits.

Advertisement

#552 lemec

lemec

• 286 posts

Posted 20 January 2012 - 17:19

... I'd like to think I have a fair idea of design modelling and simulation integration.

With the greatest of respect I'm afraid that on these posts you failed to shown your deep knowledge.

#553 dau

dau

• 4,569 posts

Posted 20 January 2012 - 17:44

If one examines the teams they drove for in GP2 I think Clos' performances stacks up. VdG's backing meant he effectively bought perfromance by signing for better equiped outfits.

Clos was destroyed by Di Grassi in 2009 and comfortably beaten by Vietoris in 2011. How does that stack up? Not saying that VdG looks special compared to him, but i'm not convinced Clos is any better. At least, VdG was beaten by two F1 drivers. :D

Edited by dau, 20 January 2012 - 17:45.

#554 RF1 fan

RF1 fan

• 400 posts

Posted 20 January 2012 - 18:12

Clos was destroyed by Di Grassi in 2009 and comfortably beaten by Vietoris in 2011. How does that stack up? Not saying that VdG looks special compared to him, but i'm not convinced Clos is any better. At least, VdG was beaten by two F1 drivers. :D

No four f1 drivers.

Vettel,Pic,Perez and Di Resta.

#555 cbbcisace

cbbcisace

• 1,081 posts

Posted 20 January 2012 - 23:59

Critical delays in 2012 car

http://news.bbc.co.u...ne/16649348.stm

With Barwa Addax signing up Johnny Cecotto Jr, Van der Garde is going to be driving someone other than them next season.... :wave:

Plus van der Garde is no longer listed as a Barwa Addax driver on the website.

Edited by cbbcisace, 21 January 2012 - 00:00.

#556 Petroltorque

Petroltorque

• 1,570 posts

Posted 21 January 2012 - 06:41

With the greatest of respect I'm afraid that on these posts you failed to shown your deep knowledge.

You appreciate I'm talking about driver out of loop simulators as an engineering tool?

#557 jamiegc

jamiegc

• 2,429 posts

Posted 21 January 2012 - 14:43

Come along now, VDG thrashed Perez and Kobayashi in 2009 GP2 so going by the Paul Di Resta scale of driver ability he must be the best driver evaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.

#558 remdev

remdev

• 120 posts

Posted 21 January 2012 - 15:12

I think HRT will announce VDG next week.

#559 cbbcisace

cbbcisace

• 1,081 posts

Posted 21 January 2012 - 15:28

I think HRT will announce VDG next week.

I hope so - need to get him integrated as soon as possible.

Advertisement

#560 SpeedFanatic

SpeedFanatic

• 353 posts

Posted 21 January 2012 - 15:44

I hope so - need to get him integrated as soon as possible.

Integrated into what? :confused:

#561 cbbcisace

cbbcisace

• 1,081 posts

Posted 21 January 2012 - 15:56

Integrated into what? :confused:

Into the Team? let not have any stupid behaviour in this thread. :o

The F111 will be at Jerez
The F112 will be present at Barcelona (2nd Test)

#562 DanardiF1

DanardiF1

• 6,499 posts

Posted 21 January 2012 - 17:05

Come along now, VDG thrashed Perez and Kobayashi in 2009 GP2 so going by the Paul Di Resta scale of driver ability he must be the best driver evaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.

The problem with VDG is that he's been afforded the best equipment for years, but has only done average things with it at best...

#563 jamiegc

jamiegc

• 2,429 posts

Posted 21 January 2012 - 18:17

The problem with VDG is that he's been afforded the best equipment for years, but has only done average things with it at best...

The problem with VDG is that despite being a nice guy, he's not very quick at all.

#564 EightGear

EightGear

• 405 posts

Posted 21 January 2012 - 20:03

He had a lot af bad luck last season though. He easily could have had at least 2 wins last year.

#565 jamiegc

jamiegc

• 2,429 posts

Posted 21 January 2012 - 20:48

He had a lot af bad luck last season though. He easily could have had at least 2 wins last year.

He should've won the title in the Addax car. The equally poor Pic won 2 races and got 3 poles.

#566 DanardiF1

DanardiF1

• 6,499 posts

Posted 21 January 2012 - 22:01

He should've won the title in the Addax car. The equally poor Pic won 2 races and got 3 poles.

Agree. He's been around long enough to have been expected to take the title, similar to how Maldonado won his after several seasons, especially in the Addax car.

#567 cbbcisace

cbbcisace

• 1,081 posts

Posted 22 January 2012 - 00:56

I for one hope to god we do not see a shark fin on the new car, looked awful on the F111. :lol:

#568 EightGear

EightGear

• 405 posts

Posted 22 January 2012 - 13:07

Yes, I'd say he isn't good enough for F1. He wouldn't be the first Dutchman to throw a lot of $$$ into a seat which is complete shit.
Better spend it on some real talent.

#569 Mastah

Mastah

• 3,679 posts

Posted 23 January 2012 - 09:07

The team has a base in Valencia, as already mentioned. And it has recruited some people, mainly from the old Renault team. Last I heard the monocoque was still being built at Mubea Carbo Tech GmbH, on the Austro-German border, between Salzburg and Freilassing. This will be called the F112. The actual assembly of all the parts will be done at Holzer Engineering in Bobingen, near Augsburg. The key to whether the team makes it on time for the testing is whether or not the processes are well-managed as it is really about making sure that a selection of sub-contractors deliver on time. This depends largely on money and good management. The team will lose some staff as soon as the manufacturing process is completed as these personnel work for Colin Kolles and are simply on loan to HRT. The cars will be handed over to the HRT operation in Valencia to be raced. There have been lots of rumours about whether or not this will all happen as planned, but the proof of the pudding, as they say in England, is in the eating.

http://joesaward.wor...whats-going-on/

#570 cbbcisace

cbbcisace

• 1,081 posts

Posted 23 January 2012 - 15:18

So HRT have taken staff from Renault, Barwa Addax, Epic Racing and Epsilon Euskadi - Sure there is plenty of experience there to replace Colin Kolles workforce.

If the F112 monocoque is being built by the same company as last year.

#571 Petroltorque

Petroltorque

• 1,570 posts

Posted 23 January 2012 - 15:28

The "NEW" setup looks very similar to what Campos had planned. A race team operating from Spain with design and build sub contacted to outside suppliers.

#572 cbbcisace

cbbcisace

• 1,081 posts

Posted 23 January 2012 - 15:37

The "NEW" setup looks very similar to what Campos had planned. A race team operating from Spain with design and build sub contacted to outside suppliers.

And it should have worked, but Campos failed by a big way.

As HRT are running under a Spanish license they should have 80% of the team in Spain.

Toro Rosso have a similar set up with Faenza and the design office in England I believe?

#573 lemec

lemec

• 286 posts

Posted 23 January 2012 - 16:21

As HRT are running under a Spanish license they should have 80% of the team in Spain.

:confused:

FI is Indian license, RBR is Austrian, Marussia is Russian, Catherham is indonessian and Mercedes German but all of them are fully bassed in UK ... why you say that for HRT running under spanish license "should have 80% of the team in Spain" That makes no sense.

#574 cbbcisace

cbbcisace

• 1,081 posts

Posted 23 January 2012 - 16:24

FI is Indian license, RBR is Austrian, Marussia is Russian, Catherham is indonessian and Mercedes German but all of them are fully bassed in UK ... why you say that for HRT running under spanish license "should have 80% of the team in Spain" That makes no sense.

I think all teams should be based where there licenses are.

It will be good for HRT to be based in Spain :)

lemec, any news on HRT?

#575 VARGR

VARGR

• 22 posts

Posted 23 January 2012 - 17:02

Its Caterham (pronounced Cate Rim) and they are under a Malaysian licence. Although it has been implied that as part of the Caterham group as a whole they may change it to British as they want the company to to have a British image.

Well if HRT can get the team over 80% Spanish staff, and stay in the sport good for them. Some of the rumors of this make it seem doubtfull but I do like the smaller teams being in the sport. Hope to see the F112 actually at this years pre-season tests. Hopefully it will look more modern than the F110-F111 cars areodynamicly.

#576 cbbcisace

cbbcisace

• 1,081 posts

Posted 23 January 2012 - 17:15

Its Caterham (pronounced Cate Rim) and they are under a Malaysian licence. Although it has been implied that as part of the Caterham group as a whole they may change it to British as they want the company to to have a British image.

Well if HRT can get the team over 80% Spanish staff, and stay in the sport good for them. Some of the rumors of this make it seem doubtfull but I do like the smaller teams being in the sport. Hope to see the F112 actually at this years pre-season tests. Hopefully it will look more modern than the F110-F111 cars areodynamicly.

Well the car will be at Barcelona tests.

It will be good for the team to get plenty of practice in with the new team i.e pitstops etc.

#577 lemec

lemec

• 286 posts

Posted 23 January 2012 - 17:27

lemec, any news on HRT?

Nothing from this indirect contact I have. Bear in mind that's just some one I meet from time to time because of my job ... :cool:

#578 cbbcisace

cbbcisace

• 1,081 posts

Posted 23 January 2012 - 17:30

Nothing from this indirect contact I have. Bear in mind that's just some one I meet from time to time because of my job ... :cool:

Do we think we will see a livery change this year, I hope to see all those stupid slogans gone!

#579 lemec

lemec

• 286 posts

Posted 23 January 2012 - 17:31

Its Caterham (pronounced Cate Rim) and they are under a Malaysian licence

Oh! yes ... you're right, of course although this doesn't change an iota the point I made :smoking:

Advertisement

#580 mechadaniel

mechadaniel

• 729 posts

Posted 23 January 2012 - 23:26

Its Caterham (pronounced Cate Rim)

Is that the Spanish pronunciation?

:rolleyes:

#581 jondon

jondon

• 502 posts

Posted 23 January 2012 - 23:57

I think all teams should be based where there licenses are.

I agree, in fact I have always advocated the same for Drivers too. The majority of drivers would classed as being Monagesque...

#582 lemec

lemec

• 286 posts

Posted 24 January 2012 - 09:31

well ... drivers, as the rest of the team, spend more of the year abroad so maybe they have to be classed as stateless :stoned:

#583 showtime

showtime

• 2,585 posts

Posted 24 January 2012 - 13:15

Miguel Sanz (MARCA) reports that the new car will be ready for Barcelona test (Feb 21) but with the old livery.

#584 lemec

lemec

• 286 posts

Posted 24 January 2012 - 13:53

He also reports that the Team will be in Jerez with the F111 which its behaviour they are sure. In that way Pedro can renew with the track, fix a reference as well as allowing the new race team start working together. Another major milestone is the deployment of the new IT facilites ... in addition to testing tyres

#585 pikamoku

pikamoku

• 328 posts

Posted 24 January 2012 - 14:31

Is that the Spanish pronunciation?

:rolleyes:

it's not

#586 Sanman59

Sanman59

• 268 posts

Posted 24 January 2012 - 17:37

Miguel Sanz (MARCA) reports that the new car will be ready for Barcelona test (Feb 21) but with the old livery.

PDLR confident of same. :D

http://www.autosport...rt.php/id/97161

#587 lemec

lemec

• 286 posts

Posted 24 January 2012 - 18:03

They have a critical issue in the crash tests as they have not the resources to quickly react to a fail there ...

#588 cbbcisace

cbbcisace

• 1,081 posts

Posted 24 January 2012 - 18:35

They have a critical issue in the crash tests as they have not the resources to quickly react to a fail there ...

Should be all ok for 1st Barcelona test though?

In other news Marussia are even further behind HRT....

#589 cbbcisace

cbbcisace

• 1,081 posts

Posted 24 January 2012 - 19:44

“@PedrodelaRosa1: Todavía no me he hecho el asiento, mañana empiezo. Y me tengo que hacer dos, uno para el 2011 y otro para el nuevo 2012.”

"@PedrodelaRosa1: I have not yet made ​​the seat, I start tomorrow. And I have to do two, one for 2011 and one for the new 2012."

Which is progress from 2011, when Karthikeyan was having his seat made at Australia.

Edited by cbbcisace, 24 January 2012 - 19:47.

#590 lemec

lemec

• 286 posts

Posted 24 January 2012 - 21:14

Should be all ok for 1st Barcelona test though?

Should be, but in case of problems they have no way to fix it on time for the pre-season.

#591 jetalt

jetalt

• 495 posts

Posted 25 January 2012 - 09:43

It's probably that HRT moves to Madrid (La Caja Mágica):

http://www.madrideyc...ica/index_e.cfm

Posted Image

Edited by jetalt, 25 January 2012 - 09:45.

#592 lemec

lemec

• 286 posts

Posted 25 January 2012 - 13:37

... It's one of the two posibilities they are discussing.

The spanish media where this posibility was reported as "almost certain" is not very reliable when speaking about HRT and has a log history of hostility vs the project.

EDIT: Apparently this time they're right as it looks that some Madrid City Council spokesman has confirmed that they're "close to an agreement"

Edited by lemec, 25 January 2012 - 14:48.

#593 lemec

lemec

• 286 posts

Posted 26 January 2012 - 11:14

Petrov !

#594 pikamoku

pikamoku

• 328 posts

Posted 26 January 2012 - 11:53

"Caja Mágica"? I guess that place has plenty of office facilities but ... for a F1 team? I mean, sounds good for management team, but not for working with cars.

that place hosts Madrid Tennis Open also :)

Caja Mágica means Magic Box

Edited by pikamoku, 26 January 2012 - 11:54.

#595 lemec

lemec

• 286 posts

Posted 26 January 2012 - 13:25

"Caja Mágica"? I guess that place has plenty of office facilities but ...

Not really.

It makes part of the development areas in the Olimpic project. It's located between a residencial area at sud and the Manzanares.

There are an extense park at north. Close to M40 circle motorway (ten minutes to international airport) and to M30 (near or "nudo sur" in a certain way). Actually there are more space than facilities at that place. That's a weakness and strongness it depends on your point of view. A fact is that this location is in the town. Anyone can reach it by public transport (tube and bus) and can profit of all the benefits of being at a main european capital.

Anyway, negotiations are still on going ... Two facts are that HRT reprensentatives had already been at Grove to take the KERS and that Pedro's seats are being built for both cars F111 and F112. Crash test are partially passed, the schedule is to finish this tests by the end of the next week but this statement could be just the "official version" ...

Edited by lemec, 26 January 2012 - 13:57.

#596 Mastah

Mastah

• 3,679 posts

Posted 26 January 2012 - 14:19

andrewbensonf1 Andrew Benson
Latest on HRT. I'm told the car will be ready for 2nd pre-season test as planned as long as passes FIA crash tests. If not, will be at third

If they can beat Marussia in that little "competition", I will seriously laugh :D.

#597 lemec

lemec

• 286 posts

Posted 26 January 2012 - 14:39

As far as I know finishing the crash test is the latest critical issue they had.

I don't expect, anyway, they'll face problems in this area. The monocoque manufacturer, Carbo Tech, has very sound experiece.

I'm not taking the KERS as critical since in case they don't arrive to make it work it's just matter to carry it as ballast.

#598 cbbcisace

cbbcisace

• 1,081 posts

Posted 26 January 2012 - 19:34

As far as I know finishing the crash test is the latest critical issue they had.

I don't expect, anyway, they'll face problems in this area. The monocoque manufacturer, Carbo Tech, has very sound experiece.

I'm not taking the KERS as critical since in case they don't arrive to make it work it's just matter to carry it as ballast.

I've heard Petrov is now favourite for 2nd seat.

Also Johnny Cecotto is in line to be test driver.

Plus KERS will have been built in the design of the F112 and brings 0.4 tenths accordingly.

Edited by cbbcisace, 26 January 2012 - 19:35.

#599 DanardiF1

DanardiF1

• 6,499 posts

Posted 26 January 2012 - 19:41

I'd imagine that the contract with Carbo Tech would have some clauses assuring that failures etc. would be accounted for, ie. they don't have to pay for the repair/extra test costs. They are providing a service, so it's not in HRT's hands over quality control etc.

Advertisement

#600 cbbcisace

cbbcisace

• 1,081 posts

Posted 26 January 2012 - 19:46

I'd imagine that the contract with Carbo Tech would have some clauses assuring that failures etc. would be accounted for, ie. they don't have to pay for the repair/extra test costs. They are providing a service, so it's not in HRT's hands over quality control etc.

Exactly, Lets not worry.. it will be there on time. :up: