HRT 2012 Thread

• Please log in to reply
2071 replies to this topic

#601 DanardiF1

DanardiF1

• 6,456 posts

Posted 26 January 2012 - 19:50

Exactly, Lets not worry.. it will be there on time. :up:

I'm just hoping to see Pedro getting some laps in the old car at Jerez! Get used to the 2012 tyres, try out some components that can cross over, just get some miles under their belt!

Advertisement

#602 cbbcisace

cbbcisace

• 1,081 posts

Posted 26 January 2012 - 19:53

I'm just hoping to see Pedro getting some laps in the old car at Jerez! Get used to the 2012 tyres, try out some components that can cross over, just get some miles under their belt!

He'll be there - don't forget the car won't have the "your logo will be here" livery, it will be all white with sponsorship on.

He had his seat fitting for the F111 car on Monday along with the F112 fitting as well, progress from last year when Liuzzi and Karthikeyan was having it done in FP1 Australia.

#603 DanardiF1

DanardiF1

• 6,456 posts

Posted 26 January 2012 - 19:54

He'll be there - don't forget the car won't have the "your logo will be here" livery, it will be all white with sponsorship on.

He had his seat fitting for the F111 car on Monday along with the F112 fitting as well, progress from last year when Liuzzi and Karthikeyan was having it done in FP1 Australia.

I'll try and get some decent pics :)

#604 HistoryFan

HistoryFan

• 2,520 posts

Posted 26 January 2012 - 19:54

I've heard Petrov is now favourite for 2nd seat.

sounds very logical as he is the best choice of talent/money-combination

#605 Francesc

Francesc

• 2,326 posts

Posted 26 January 2012 - 20:04

What sponsorship? :well:

#606 DanardiF1

DanardiF1

• 6,456 posts

Posted 26 January 2012 - 20:07

What sponsorship? :well:

Whatever sponsors they have.

Yamimoto
BASE batteries
Panda
Ermestel
Thesan Capital

#607 cbbcisace

cbbcisace

• 1,081 posts

Posted 26 January 2012 - 20:08

Whatever sponsors they have.

Yamimoto
BASE batteries
Panda
Ermestel
Thesan Capital

this plus what ever the 2nd driver (Petrov/van der Garde) is bringing + HRT may not have announced sponsorship deals yet :)

Edited by cbbcisace, 26 January 2012 - 20:12.

#608 remdev

remdev

• 120 posts

Posted 26 January 2012 - 20:44

I've heard Petrov is now favourite for 2nd seat.

Also Johnny Cecotto is in line to be test driver.

Plus KERS will have been built in the design of the F112 and brings 0.4 tenths accordingly.

F1feeds on twitter : Vitaly Petrov says he refused HRT drive for 2012.

#609 cbbcisace

cbbcisace

• 1,081 posts

Posted 26 January 2012 - 20:49

F1feeds on twitter : Vitaly Petrov says he refused HRT drive for 2012.

I believe he said he said no to saying no to the HRT drive :smoking:

#610 lemec

lemec

• 286 posts

Posted 26 January 2012 - 22:09

I'd imagine that the contract with Carbo Tech would have some clauses assuring that failures etc. would be accounted for, ie. they don't have to pay for the repair/extra test costs. They are providing a service, so it's not in HRT's hands over quality control etc.

yep, but the time you spent fixing the problems can´t be recovered ...

#611 DanardiF1

DanardiF1

• 6,456 posts

Posted 26 January 2012 - 22:13

yep, but the time you spent fixing the problems can´t be recovered ...

Of course, but that's all the more reason to get it right first time, and as a paid contractor with massive experience in the industry, Carbo Tech should be expected to deliver.

#612 lemec

lemec

• 286 posts

Posted 26 January 2012 - 22:35

I agree, but it´s not sure ... need to know when the crash test are all passed to be able to figure out whether they´re on schedule or not :well:

#613 DanardiF1

DanardiF1

• 6,456 posts

Posted 26 January 2012 - 22:37

I agree, but it´s not sure ... need to know when the crash test are all passed to be able to figure out whether they´re on schedule or not :well:

True, but we don't get much info from the team anyway outside the major annoucements. I'd rather just let them get everything sorted without them having to worry about what people on twitter are hearing from them...

#614 cbbcisace

cbbcisace

• 1,081 posts

Posted 26 January 2012 - 22:41

lemec, I believe the last crash test is next week?

With a company the size of Carbo Tech, I don't expect the car to fail its test.

#615 lemec

lemec

• 286 posts

Posted 27 January 2012 - 08:43

I was told, on Wednesday, by someone who told to someone who told to one of the HRT's project managers at Valencia (and there are no so many ;) ) that the schedule was to finish on ten-fifteen days ... It's quite tight ...

Edited by lemec, 27 January 2012 - 08:44.

#616 lemec

lemec

• 286 posts

Posted 27 January 2012 - 14:13

Some "googled" pics of Caja Magica facilities

Posted Image

The arrow point to the, supposedly, target building which is the one on the right in next pic

Posted Image

of course is only a part of these facilities that are intended to be used

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Edited by lemec, 27 January 2012 - 14:17.

#617 cbbcisace

cbbcisace

• 1,081 posts

Posted 27 January 2012 - 20:05

http://translate.goo...WowJ8xj9gPLylUA

Pedro Interview:

And is that the team is working very hard to get a competitive car: "The team is being restructured and strengthened constantly. It has opened a new base in Spain where the mechanics, engineers and cars. The Design Office and the Department Aerodynamics are in Munich. We are all a new group, but the main difference to 2011 is that we have a better organization, better aerodynamic specifications and a small but efficient department, which did not exist before. "

#618 Mastah

Mastah

• 3,679 posts

Posted 31 January 2012 - 19:09

Meanwhile in Spain, the word is that HRT has lost its head of production Simon Jenkins and that former HRT technical director Jacky Eeckelaert is also leaving as his contract finishes at the end of January.

On the subject of the Spanish team, a story has appeared in the German publication Kolner Express which claims to explain the strange behaviour of the HRT team in recent months. The newspaper says that it is all to do with the Catholic organisation known as Opus Dei. The story claims that Banco Popular took over the team after the Carabante Family failed to pay its debts and passed the team on Thesan Capital, a bunch of young bankers. The goal being to make some money by selling the team to Mexican Carlos Slim, the richest man in the world, who is currently providing funding for Sauber (see above). The middle man in this process is supposed to be Alejandro Agag, the son-in-law of former Prime Minister Jose Maria Aznar, who is well-connected in F1 circles. The story says that one of the founders of Banco Popular, Luis Valls-Taberner was also an early member of Opus Dei, having joined the organisation in 1945 when he met its founder, a priest called Jose Maria Escriva de Balaguer. Luis Perez Sala is Valls-Taberner’s grandson.

It all sounds wonderfully unlikely and mysterious and I am not even going to comment on the story as lots of Spaniards will get upset and start being rude. As I said before, the proof of the pudding is in the eating.

http://joesaward.wor...m-the-f1-world/

#619 cbbcisace

cbbcisace

• 1,081 posts

Posted 31 January 2012 - 19:31

don't know what to make of this.

Advertisement

#620 Richard T

Richard T

• 1,084 posts

Posted 31 January 2012 - 19:47

New facilities brings 5 or 6 tenths, at least!!!

#621 currupipi

currupipi

• 1,171 posts

Posted 31 January 2012 - 19:50

the proof of what, so the opus is behind banco popular, is that supposed to be new news :rotfl: and if he is trying to imply something, say it, are they making everyone pray before work or making them have a lot of kids, what a bunch of crap

#622 cbbcisace

cbbcisace

• 1,081 posts

Posted 31 January 2012 - 19:53

the proof of what, so the opus is behind banco popular, is that supposed to be new news :rotfl: and if he is trying to imply something, say it, are they making everyone pray before work or making them have a lot of kids, what a bunch of crap

Exactly.... Good Old Joe Saward.

#623 lambylamby

lambylamby

• 545 posts

Posted 31 January 2012 - 20:13

Exactly.... Good Old Joe Saward.

Does Joe Saward get on anyone elses nerves? I find his articles well written, but some are a bit crass and opinionated, and what reinforces my opinon about him is what seems to be his total arrogance when answering posters on the wall. Some of which yes do wind him up. I found myself disliking him more around the liuzzi debacle.

#624 cbbcisace

cbbcisace

• 1,081 posts

Posted 31 January 2012 - 20:17

Does Joe Saward get on anyone elses nerves? I find his articles well written, but some are a bit crass and opinionated, and what reinforces my opinon about him is what seems to be his total arrogance when answering posters on the wall. Some of which yes do wind him up. I found myself disliking him more around the liuzzi debacle.

Yes, he seems to have a thing against HRT.... maybe he applied for a job and got turned down. :)

He hasn't yet reported on Marussia missing 1st two test for the new car.

#625 cbbcisace

cbbcisace

• 1,081 posts

Posted 31 January 2012 - 21:16

Meanwhile in Spain, the word is that HRT has lost its head of production Simon Jenkins and that former HRT technical director Jacky Eeckelaert is also leaving as his contract finishes at the end of January.

On the subject of the Spanish team, a story has appeared in the German publication Kolner Express which claims to explain the strange behaviour of the HRT team in recent months. The newspaper says that it is all to do with the Catholic organisation known as Opus Dei. The story claims that Banco Popular took over the team after the Carabante Family failed to pay its debts and passed the team on Thesan Capital, a bunch of young bankers. The goal being to make some money by selling the team to Mexican Carlos Slim, the richest man in the world, who is currently providing funding for Sauber (see above). The middle man in this process is supposed to be Alejandro Agag, the son-in-law of former Prime Minister Jose Maria Aznar, who is well-connected in F1 circles. The story says that one of the founders of Banco Popular, Luis Valls-Taberner was also an early member of Opus Dei, having joined the organisation in 1945 when he met its founder, a priest called Jose Maria Escriva de Balaguer. Luis Perez Sala is Valls-Taberner’s grandson.

It all sounds wonderfully unlikely and mysterious and I am not even going to comment on the story as lots of Spaniards will get upset and start being rude. As I said before, the proof of the pudding is in the eating.

http://joesaward.wor...m-the-f1-world/

People in Spain are going mad, he is talking a lot of rubbish. :lol:

#626 lemec

lemec

• 286 posts

Posted 31 January 2012 - 21:21

... he told a lot about people leaving the team but nothing about those that joining it :p

He should better say somthing about the crash tests, that should be ineresting ... oh! wait ... he doesn´t know a damm about :lol:

#627 Petroltorque

Petroltorque

• 1,549 posts

Posted 31 January 2012 - 21:26

I don't believe Saward has much inside info on any F1 team. He just blogs about rumours he's heard. Having said that HRT's choatic managent does not do them any favours in the way this team is perceived.
One assumes Eeckaelert's departure is a misquote. He's one of the few assets HRT have.

#628 cbbcisace

cbbcisace

• 1,081 posts

Posted 31 January 2012 - 21:30

I don't believe Saward has much inside info on any F1 team. He just blogs about rumours he's heard. Having said that HRT's choatic managent does not do them any favours in the way this team is perceived.
One assumes Eeckaelert's departure is a misquote. He's one of the few assets HRT have.

Eeckaelert would be a strange departure,.

#629 lemec

lemec

• 286 posts

Posted 31 January 2012 - 21:32

... assuming that the replacements are not?

#630 cbbcisace

cbbcisace

• 1,081 posts

Posted 31 January 2012 - 21:33

... assuming that the replacements are not?

Well there could be a replacement, Im guessing that it would be Germany based as the Design Office is in Germany.

#631 lemec

lemec

• 286 posts

Posted 31 January 2012 - 21:47

Well JE is twofold Sporting Director & Technical Coordinator. Honestly I don't know what is supposed to do as Sporting Director being LPS as Team Manager. Then the Tecnical Coordination is somethig to do at Munich as you say. There are some new guys there that could assume such a coordination rol for the next, let say six months.

The point is that even with JE there I'm not sure that HRT has a real Tech director.

Edited by lemec, 31 January 2012 - 21:48.

#632 cbbcisace

cbbcisace

• 1,081 posts

Posted 31 January 2012 - 21:48

Well JE is twofold Sporting Director & Technical Coordinator. Honestly I don't know what is supposed to do as Sporting Director being LPS as Team Manager. Then the Tecnical Coordination is somethig to do at Munich as you say. There are some new guys there that could assume such a coordination rol for the next, let say six months.

The point is that even with JE there I'm not sure that HRT has a real Tech director.

Yes as HRT tried to sign Jorg Zander to TD role.

Guess Joe Saward might not be right...

We will see soon.

#633 lemec

lemec

• 286 posts

Posted 31 January 2012 - 21:59

I'm sure they know they need some one more talented than JE only hope they're not thinking such guy is Villadelprat.

#634 Petroltorque

Petroltorque

• 1,549 posts

Posted 01 February 2012 - 06:57

There may be indeed more talented personnel than Eeckalaert but they are not being mentioned in association with HRT. Eeckaelert is exceptional in that he's not not only a vehicle dynamicist but he's also an engine technician. There are not many dual qualified personnel on the market. Replacements will only fill the role if they have sufficient expertise and HRT need "in house" expertise if they are to achieve a restructure.

Edited by Petroltorque, 01 February 2012 - 06:58.

#635 lemec

lemec

• 286 posts

Posted 01 February 2012 - 11:18

I'm not sayig he's not just that he's not unique, and may be there are no other mechanical eng being linked to HRT cos Jacky is not leavind the project. JS said his comminment ended up yesterday ... apparently he's still there ... but we'll see ... Anyway it's quite strange that he got the promotion to Technical honcho just to leave few month after. Is he following Willis to Mercedes? In that case why no one is linking JE with another team? is he taking his retirement? ... JS gossips smell really bad.

The point on exceptional dual expertise is highly arguably.

I don't know which precise duties he develop when working for Peugeot Sport (french touring champ) but after, when Peugeot moved to Prost F1 his role was leading the test team after being downgraded from Cheif Eng. Don't looks very exceptional. Some time after he was Kimi's Race Eng, still downgrading. Then moved to Honda and SA but never on first line.

On the other hand. The replacement of Willis as aerodynamicist (and more) is this guy Jose Gallego Segura ... I don't know what JS think about (even if I can figure out) and I don't care but my opinion is that this guy is a perfect replacement for him.

Edited by lemec, 01 February 2012 - 11:25.

#636 Petroltorque

Petroltorque

• 1,549 posts

Posted 01 February 2012 - 12:03

I'm not sayig he's not just that he's not unique, and may be there are no other mechanical eng being linked to HRT cos Jacky is not leavind the project. JS said his comminment ended up yesterday ... apparently he's still there ... but we'll see ... Anyway it's quite strange that he got the promotion to Technical honcho just to leave few month after. Is he following Willis to Mercedes? In that case why no one is linking JE with another team? is he taking his retirement? ... JS gossips smell really bad.

The point on exceptional dual expertise is highly arguably.

I don't know which precise duties he develop when working for Peugeot Sport (french touring champ) but after, when Peugeot moved to Prost F1 his role was leading the test team after being downgraded from Cheif Eng. Don't looks very exceptional. Some time after he was Kimi's Race Eng, still downgrading. Then moved to Honda and SA but never on first line.

On the other hand. The replacement of Willis as aerodynamicist (and more) is this guy Jose Gallego Segura ... I don't know what JS think about (even if I can figure out) and I don't care but my opinion is that this guy is a perfect replacement for him.

The point I'm making is that having someone who's dually qualified as a chassis engineer and motor engineer is rare. People are usually trained in one specialty or another. Its an advantage in that he can better integrate transmission and engine layout into the mechanical configuration.
As for Seguro I don't know much about his design capability. In any event I though Schlos was lead man on aero design.

#637 lemec

lemec

• 286 posts

Posted 01 February 2012 - 13:26

What is rare, having such an exceptional and unique dual skill, is his rather chaotic career. Why teams are not fighting for hiring him? :well:
You're clearly overrating the guy. It's an experienced and competent motorsport eng, but not more.

Take a view to Jose Gallego carreer, always steadily growing.

Management-Skills:
* Leading Aero Concept Design (McLaren F1 Team / 2010)
* Leading Aero Design Team (BMW Sauber F1 / 07 - 07/08 - 08/09)

Snr Design Engineer - Group Leader McLaren F1 Team2009 - Present Aerodynamic "Concept" Design

Aerodynamics Design Team Leader Renault F1 Team Ltd2009 - 2009F1 Aerodynamics:
Employment agreement at ING Renault F1 Team (UK) was cancelled before coming into force due to the global economic crisis

Snr Design Engineer - Team Leader BMW Sauber F1 Team2006 - 2009
F1 Aerodynamics:
Aerodynamic Design of F1.06 / F1.07 / F1.08 / pre-concepts F1.09Mechanical Design EngineerOpel OPC DTM Center2003 - 2005DTM Chassis Engineering:

Chassis Design of Opel Astra V8 Coupé / Vectra GTS V8Designer

Toyota Motorsport GmbH1998 - 2002 F1 Chassis Engineering:
Chassis Design of TF101 / TF102

1998-1999 / 24h Race of Le Mans Project Chassis Design of GT´One

Edited by lemec, 01 February 2012 - 13:30.

#638 lemec

lemec

• 286 posts

Posted 01 February 2012 - 13:32

BTW. Caja Magica is closed from today due to refurbishment works ...

#639 Petroltorque

Petroltorque

• 1,549 posts

Posted 01 February 2012 - 16:04

IIRC Eeckalaert worked on the 2009 Brawn and that was hardly a mediocre car. With respect, although Seguro may not have been responsible for the whole car, the 2010 Maclaren was " conceptually" a poor car even with the F duct and Sauber under Rampf were hardly cutting edge aero designs . It might be Seguro is attempting to make a name for himself at HRT but that will depend on the quality of the car. If HRT's challenger turns out to a shopping trolley, it will be interesting to see who carries the can.

Edited by Petroltorque, 01 February 2012 - 16:08.

Advertisement

#640 lemec

lemec

• 286 posts

Posted 01 February 2012 - 16:47

JE, when in HONDA, was in the research programme which is not the desing or develop of the F1 car program.

What position JE hold in Brawn? if any.

... I mean you say that Jose Gallego only worked crapped cars and in the same paragraph that he didn't hold a lead role ... I don't get if you're bashing or excusing him.

The car desing is all Willis.

Edited by lemec, 01 February 2012 - 16:54.

#641 Petroltorque

Petroltorque

• 1,549 posts

Posted 01 February 2012 - 17:09

Eckelaert was Head of engineering at Honda up to 2008. Honda started work on the 2009 car early in 2008. Accepted Eeckelaet had left before the 2009 season.
With Regards Maclaren Tim Goss is lead designer they run a matrix system with input from a variety of design engineers. Aero has been the weak link at Maclaren since they lost Coughlan.
It would indeed be intersting if Willis designed the 2012 car since by the teams own press release they did not start on car design in September and Willis had left the team by the Spa gp.Thats not to say he did not do initial design work but the final layout is the work of Eeckelart, Schlosse and your boy Seguro.

Edited by Petroltorque, 01 February 2012 - 17:11.

#642 lemec

lemec

• 286 posts

Posted 01 February 2012 - 17:54

my boy? :rotfl: and how many times you need to read his name to write it correctly ... it's Jose Gallego and if you prefer to use his second family name at least try to do it right ...

BTW, I'm quite sure you're doing it on purpose :smoking: but that's your problem mate.

Honda cars designers:

RA108 Ross Brawn / Loic Bigois
RA107 Shuhei Nakamoto / Loic Bigois
RA106 Geoffrey Willis / Shuhei Nakamoto

BAR007 Geoffrey Willis
BAR006 Geoffrey Willis / Willem Toet / Mariano Alperin
BAR005 Geoffrey Willis / Willem Toet / Mariano Alperin

When BAR becomed Honda the project was first drived by Nick Fry seconded by Willis as eng honcho and Gil de Ferran as sporting director. After willis was Nakamonto who was appointed as head of engineering and Willis, downgraded, clashed with Alperin as their respectives roles overlaped . Willis left Honda. Then, finally, Ross came to lead the programme.

Eeckelaert was in the research programme. As you remember Honda was an oversized and messed project with multitude of chiefs, directors and paperwork but the actual leaders of the cars develop were those that I referred above. In addition Eeckelaert moved to Super Aguri in 2008 and follow Kolles to LMS in 2009 then to Hispania in 2010. He has nothing to do with the BGP001.

Edited by lemec, 01 February 2012 - 18:18.

#643 Petroltorque

Petroltorque

• 1,549 posts

Posted 01 February 2012 - 18:16

My Mistake. I don't why I typed Seguro. Probably sub consciously remebering my 'O' level spanish.

#644 currupipi

currupipi

• 1,171 posts

Posted 01 February 2012 - 18:41

BTW. Caja Magica is closed from today due to refurbishment works ...

:rotfl: already, you got to be kidding, that building is almost new, it just makes one feel so good to pay taxes knowing our money is spent so well

#645 moonraker

moonraker

• 130 posts

Posted 01 February 2012 - 19:09

... he told a lot about people leaving the team but nothing about those that joining it :p

He should better say somthing about the crash tests, that should be ineresting ... oh! wait ... he doesn´t know a damm about :lol:

That's complete BS. There are a very few guys who are insiders in F1, and Joe happens to be one (juste like james allen).

I liked HRT when they brought it up, because it looked like good old Minardi, passion but pennyless. What I see now is a bunch of lunatics trying to scramble something together. Settling the team in spain, where economy is on the verge of collapsing, and no company (except a vey few) has the money nore the will to invest in a F1 "project", was what nailed the coffin for me.

They have been around for two years, and still can't be on schedule for the first test. They should get kicked out of F1 right away. BTW, Marussia is almost as bad as HRT, but atleast, they seem to have some sort of a plan, even though they will probably still be lapped 3 times per race this season.

#646 lemec

lemec

• 286 posts

Posted 01 February 2012 - 21:41

That's complete BS. There are a very few guys who are insiders in F1, and Joe happens to be one (juste like james allen).

I liked HRT when they brought it up, because it looked like good old Minardi, passion but pennyless. What I see now is a bunch of lunatics trying to scramble something together. Settling the team in spain, where economy is on the verge of collapsing, and no company (except a vey few) has the money nore the will to invest in a F1 "project", was what nailed the coffin for me.

They have been around for two years, and still can't be on schedule for the first test. They should get kicked out of F1 right away. BTW, Marussia is almost as bad as HRT, but atleast, they seem to have some sort of a plan, even though they will probably still be lapped 3 times per race this season.

That´s complete BS. That guy make huge mistakes when posting about HRT. :down:

I don´t know whether he´s insider to any F1 team but what I`m sure is that regarding HRT he´s an outsider.

After reading your second paragraph, more BS, not suprising you like the guy. That`s your bussines and in my opinion your problem.

And, please, don´t put James Allen aside the other guy.

#647 Showty

Showty

• 1,260 posts

Posted 02 February 2012 - 08:31

http://www.elmundo.e...1328099174.html

Un portavoz de la Federación Madrileña de Tenis aseguró que la actividad de los 500 niños que acoge la escuela de tenis prosigue hasta el 31 de marzo. Además, denunció que "las mejores pistas cubiertas de tenis se van a convertir en pistas de pádel, ya que las de pádel servirán para acoger al Hispania Racing Team", aseguró.

From an article about the complex, a spokeman from the Madrid Tennis Federation says HRT Team would be located where the padel courts are right now.

#648 mprtc

mprtc

• 249 posts

Posted 02 February 2012 - 11:20

Increasing rumors from Spain about Karthikeyan securing the HRT seat. Petrov is struggling to find the rest of the money for Caterham seat
source: Jonny Dodge, CEO of GP Management

#649 Mastah

Mastah

• 3,679 posts

Posted 02 February 2012 - 11:49

Seat fitting:

http://yfrog.com/z/0jyfpkj

Scarbs thinks it's 2011 car.

#650 lemec

lemec

• 286 posts

Posted 02 February 2012 - 12:57

It is.

Nice photo, though.

Edited by lemec, 02 February 2012 - 12:58.