Photo

HRT 2012 Thread

• Please log in to reply
2071 replies to this topic

#651 Showty

Showty

• 1,260 posts

Posted 02 February 2012 - 22:20

Pedro said today he is impressed with the work HRT has done in these last 3 months :)

http://www.as.com/mo...dasdasmot_6/Tes

Advertisement

#652 Mastah

Mastah

• 3,679 posts

Posted 03 February 2012 - 07:40

41 and 35 years old drivers then. This is surely one of the oldest pairing in many, many years?

#653 sesku

sesku

• 282 posts

Posted 03 February 2012 - 08:19

Absolute disgrace...

#654 primer

primer

• 6,664 posts

Posted 03 February 2012 - 08:28

How can Narain keep making these outrageous comebacks? :mad: What has he got that other drivers haven't?

I am disgust. :down:

Terrible team, nothing good comes from HRT ever.

#655 Iseriouslyhadenough

Iseriouslyhadenough

• 144 posts

Posted 03 February 2012 - 08:29

While I do rate Pedro not too lowly - he ain't a Top10 driver but no absolute dog either - hiring the money clearly makes the HRT pairing the absolutely weakest from all teams - and yes, that's including Williams double-paydriver couple..

Will be rather hard to snatch P11 again from Virgin/Marussia/Whateverwecallusnow with those drivers, a true epic fight for worst of the teams :D

#656 Peat

Peat

• 1,197 posts

Posted 03 February 2012 - 08:30

What has he got that other drivers haven't?

need you really ask?

#657 sesku

sesku

• 282 posts

Posted 03 February 2012 - 08:34

What has he got that other drivers haven't?

He got an exotic look?:lol:
It must be money.

#658 Nobody

Nobody

• 1,397 posts

Posted 03 February 2012 - 09:03

:well: at least they've got Pedro...

#659 xtremespeedjunkie

xtremespeedjunkie

• 293 posts

Posted 03 February 2012 - 09:26

I am very happy that Karthikeyan has got the second HRT seat.

Karthikeyan will prove a lot of his detractors wrong this season. He always has had speed and i am very confident, he will beat Pedro Dela Rosa overall come the end of the season. When people like Ricciardo, Vergne, Senna, Maldonado, get their drives ahead of much more deserving drivers it is o.k but, when Karthikeyan gets a drive in HRT its unfair is it ?

Edited by xtremespeedjunkie, 03 February 2012 - 09:27.

Advertisement

#660 Mastah

Mastah

• 3,679 posts

Posted 03 February 2012 - 09:46

When people like Ricciardo, Vergne, Senna, Maldonado, get their drives ahead of much more deserving drivers it is o.k but, when Karthikeyan gets a drive in HRT its unfair is it ?

L - O - L

#661 xtremespeedjunkie

xtremespeedjunkie

• 293 posts

Posted 03 February 2012 - 09:50

L - O - L

Oh now we all should suck up to Vergne and Ricciardo why cos they got their seats ahead of much better drivers with pedigree like Buemi and Jamie ?

Oh we should all suck up to Vergne and Ricciardo cos of their ever impressive CV in f1 :rolleyes: ?

Oh we should all talk about Vergne and Ricciardo as the next best thing, as they are so much above the level of Maldonado :stoned: ?

Edited by xtremespeedjunkie, 03 February 2012 - 09:51.

#662 Mastah

Mastah

• 3,679 posts

Posted 03 February 2012 - 10:20

You can have whatever opinion you want, but I, people from F1, journalists, Toro Rosso and probably many fans think JEV and Dan are much better prospect than previous pairing. Surely 2012 will prove, at least in some part, who is right and who is wrong.

And yes, I rate them above Pastor. EOT from me.

#663 Petroltorque

Petroltorque

• 1,546 posts

Posted 03 February 2012 - 10:21

I am very happy that Karthikeyan has got the second HRT seat.

Karthikeyan will prove a lot of his detractors wrong this season. He always has had speed and i am very confident, he will beat Pedro Dela Rosa overall come the end of the season. When people like Ricciardo, Vergne, Senna, Maldonado, get their drives ahead of much more deserving drivers it is o.k but, when Karthikeyan gets a drive in HRT its unfair is it ?

Are you on mind altering medication? Kartikheyan is wildly erratic. Look at his lap charts and his times are up and down even accounting for blue flags. Is it even confirmed he's got the second seat. De La Rosa on the other hand is consistent, the problem is he's consistently slow. If the cars a lemon its not as though HRT can develop the vices out of it. In this formula of homologation you run what you brung!

#664 jamiegc

jamiegc

• 2,429 posts

Posted 03 February 2012 - 10:22

Oh now we all should suck up to Vergne and Ricciardo why cos they got their seats ahead of much better drivers with pedigree like Buemi and Jamie ?

Oh we should all suck up to Vergne and Ricciardo cos of their ever impressive CV in f1 :rolleyes: ?

Buemi & Alguersuari got their seats without ever driving an F1 car. Alguersuari off the back of one season of Formula Renault.

Vergne has more F1 experience stepping into the car than either of the above did, and more than Hamilton, Vettel & Alonso did.

Oh we should all talk about Vergne and Ricciardo as the next best thing, as they are so much above the level of Maldonado :stoned: ?

Both Vergne & Ricciardo have won junior series' compared to Maldonado taking 4 years to win GP2 in a very weak season.

#665 Rob

Rob

• 8,094 posts

Posted 03 February 2012 - 10:26

41 and 35 years old drivers then. This is surely one of the oldest pairing in many, many years?

I think Damon Hill and Nigel Mansell would have been a similarly-aged pairing at the tail end of 1994.

#666 Rob

Rob

• 8,094 posts

Posted 03 February 2012 - 10:26

Buemi & Alguersuari got their seats without ever driving an F1 car. Alguersuari off the back of one season of Formula Renault.

Alguersuari is a British F3 champion!

#667 Baddoer

Baddoer

• 1,495 posts

Posted 03 February 2012 - 10:31

Good to see Narain back. While not a superstar he's good guy and fast & solid driver. I'm sure we see some nice surprises from him.

#668 Disgrace

Disgrace
  • RC Forum Host

• 9,464 posts

Posted 03 February 2012 - 10:34

Liuzzi is gone. :clap: :clap: :clap:

#669 jamiegc

jamiegc

• 2,429 posts

Posted 03 February 2012 - 10:37

Third driver.

#670 dau

dau

• 4,569 posts

Posted 03 February 2012 - 10:42

You're happy about Karthikeyan replacing Liuzzi? Really?

#671 Fastcake

Fastcake

• 5,951 posts

Posted 03 February 2012 - 10:44

At least something good happened, but oh dear Saward is not going to be happy :lol:

Honestly bringing back Narain is awful. I was happy to see him gone the first time round, now he got yet another season, or at least a few races depending on how much money he has, is a real travesty.

#672 primer

primer

• 6,664 posts

Posted 03 February 2012 - 12:04

While not a superstar he's good guy and fast & solid driver.

Wut. :confused:

#673 pikamoku

pikamoku

• 328 posts

Posted 03 February 2012 - 12:11

this a "show me the money" situation, but how much Narain has? and how secure is for HRT to get it?

Is Narain the driver who brought the highest cash? Not VDG, not Liuzzi, not any other young and possible (more) talented can afford a pay seat on F1?

Edited by pikamoku, 03 February 2012 - 12:12.

#674 ashnathan

ashnathan

• 5,018 posts

Posted 03 February 2012 - 12:23

wow HRT must really be strapped for cash.

#675 repeatoffender

repeatoffender

• 81 posts

Posted 03 February 2012 - 13:38

Good to see NK driving in 2012. Good luck Narain.

#676 lemec

lemec

• 286 posts

Posted 03 February 2012 - 13:38

Narain is good enough for HRT. Come'on we're not talking about wining the WDC, just racing Marussia-Pic.

Of course is a "money-talk" affair. Saul Ruiz was extremly clear about this when intruducing Pedro as HRT driver.

How much fund is Naraing bringing in? ... is said that 7 millions (euro) + the TaTa CFD agreement.

That's fine.

Edited by lemec, 03 February 2012 - 13:40.

#677 DanardiF1

DanardiF1

• 6,456 posts

Posted 03 February 2012 - 15:44

I'm happy to see Narain driving this year as well, he was actually really good in his outings last year, not bad for someone who hadn't been in an F1 car for a fair few years...

He brings decent money (tangible too as Tata aren't some shady Russians...) and he's a fast, reliable driver who has already worked with the team.

#678 Sanman59

Sanman59

• 268 posts

Posted 03 February 2012 - 16:11

Narain is good enough for HRT. Come'on we're not talking about wining the WDC, just racing Marussia-Pic.

Of course is a "money-talk" affair. Saul Ruiz was extremly clear about this when intruducing Pedro as HRT driver.

How much fund is Naraing bringing in? ... is said that 7 millions (euro) + the TaTa CFD agreement.

That's fine.

He beat Ricciardo 30/10/2011. Told me alot about both. :p

Edited by Sanman59, 03 February 2012 - 16:13.

#679 Siperoth

Siperoth

• 321 posts

Posted 03 February 2012 - 16:27

Will be rather hard to snatch P11 again from Virgin/Marussia/Whateverwecallusnow with those drivers, a true epic fight for worst of the teams :D

Marussia made a mess of things because they where hearing the stupidities of Wirth. Now they will clearly take a step forward with a guy like Pat Symonds and Mclaren helping out. They will probably be where Caterham was last year so no matter what drivers the HRT had it wouldn't make any difference. They wouldn't be able to win against Marussia this time. They yet haven't managed to build a solid team and are still tying to find a permanent home and staff and that prevents them from concentrate on just making the car better and make a step closer to the competition. The best they can hope is built enough infrastructure by the middle of this year so they can start concentration on next years car instead of moving around and looking for people to fill fundamental roles. This year is a goner again.

Advertisement

#680 lemec

lemec

• 286 posts

Posted 03 February 2012 - 16:28

There are a very few guys who are insiders in F1, and Joe happens to be one (juste like james allen).

And now it's clear that it is also a Sauber outsider :smoking:

#681 lemec

lemec

• 286 posts

Posted 03 February 2012 - 16:36

Well he finished ahead but Ricciardo was faster, 1'31.98 vs 1'31.67. That happen also with Luizzi I think.

#682 GhostR

GhostR

• 2,601 posts

Posted 03 February 2012 - 17:49

Only because Dan had issues. It's pretty much a given that without the problems, Dan would have finished 30+ seconds ahead of Narain.

#683 mprtc

mprtc

• 249 posts

Posted 04 February 2012 - 05:34

Only because Dan had issues. It's pretty much a given that without the problems, Dan would have finished 30+ seconds ahead of Narain.

bad joke ...

anyways narain showed where daniel stands ... good to see hrt signed narain instead of liuzzi , petrov , chandok and other less talented drivers

#684 packapoo

packapoo

• 731 posts

Posted 04 February 2012 - 06:45

Marussia made a mess of things because they where hearing the stupidities of Wirth. Now they will clearly take a step forward with a guy like Pat Symonds and Mclaren helping out. They will probably be where Caterham was last year so no matter what drivers the HRT had it wouldn't make any difference. They wouldn't be able to win against Marussia this time. They yet haven't managed to build a solid team and are still tying to find a permanent home and staff and that prevents them from concentrate on just making the car better and make a step closer to the competition. The best they can hope is built enough infrastructure by the middle of this year so they can start concentration on next years car instead of moving around and looking for people to fill fundamental roles. This year is a goner again.

Zackery correct - a goner.

Had a chance to break free from the Wirth fiascos, didn't make the most of it!

KERS guys. You need it!

#685 Petroltorque

Petroltorque

• 1,546 posts

Posted 04 February 2012 - 06:52

Ricciardo's quality was shown at Spa. He was leading a pack consisting of Luizzi, both Virgins and I think one of the TL cars. He only rescinded that position after the rear wheel hub failed. All of that was achieved on a circuit where the driver can still make a difference.
In any event all of this is moot as HRT's performance is down to the quality of the car. This year's car will be the first effort of this design team and I don't hold out much hope. Gustav Brunner said in an interview for Minardi that the aim for smaller outfits was to try and stay on the lead lap or at worse finish only one lap down. In that situation you might pick up the occasional point. To achieve that target you need a performance deficit to the ultimate pace of between 3% and 5%. HRT's performance deficit averaged 8% last year.

#686 Mastah

Mastah

• 3,679 posts

Posted 04 February 2012 - 07:05

anyways narain showed where daniel stands ... good to see hrt signed narain instead of liuzzi , petrov , chandok and other less talented drivers

Yes, 2-3 tiers above Narain :wave:.

Tonio is less talented? I guess that's why he outqualified Narain 7-0 and outraced him 4-1 :lol:. Oh, and it was Tonio's 13th place in Canadian GP, which get 11th place in WCC for HRT, not two 17th positions from Narain.

#687 mprtc

mprtc

• 249 posts

Posted 04 February 2012 - 07:23

Yes, 2-3 tiers above Narain :wave:.

Tonio is less talented? I guess that's why he outqualified Narain 7-0 and outraced him 4-1 :lol:. Oh, and it was Tonio's 13th place in Canadian GP, which get 11th place in WCC for HRT, not two 17th positions from Narain.

ricciardo fans are not able to digest the fact that narain showed how bad driver he is .... despite the fact that narain came after 6 years to F1 and was much older than him ... nyways , one of the most underrated driver is back now and thats great ... people can continue to say him one of the worst driver but the fact is he is better than many current drivers ... and 2012 he will prove all wrong

#688 Mastah

Mastah

• 3,679 posts

Posted 04 February 2012 - 08:38

Did you just call me Ricciardo fan :lol:?

Yes, he's soooooo bad that Toro Rosso chose driver with empty pockets rather than mighty fast Narain with his 8 millions. Get real man, GET REAL.

He is better than many current drivers and it's a fact? What about your opinion that Narain is better than Tonio? When I posted FACTS you are suddenly in mute mode? Are you to scared to reply :lol: :down:?

#689 Wingcommander

Wingcommander

• 670 posts

Posted 04 February 2012 - 08:55

and 2012 he will prove all wrong

I think he will only prove you wrong.

#690 jamiegc

jamiegc

• 2,429 posts

Posted 04 February 2012 - 09:15

Karthikeyan drove a long first stint with a broken front wing and equalled him in qualifying.

I don't rate karthikeyan, but on that weekend he was as quick.

#691 MustangSally

MustangSally

• 368 posts

Posted 04 February 2012 - 18:50

For a guy six years out of F1, Narain did quite well, didn't he? Surely better than expected. There are enough question marks over Kimi with only two years out.

TBH, one suspects that not too many people were fighting over a seat at HRT and Narain and Pedro were possibly the best they could get. Professional, competent and with experience.

#692 mprtc

mprtc

• 249 posts

Posted 04 February 2012 - 19:07

For a guy six years out of F1, Narain did quite well, didn't he? Surely better than expected. There are enough question marks over Kimi with only two years out.

TBH, one suspects that not too many people were fighting over a seat at HRT and Narain and Pedro were possibly the best they could get. Professional, competent and with experience.

:up:

#693 Petroltorque

Petroltorque

• 1,546 posts

Posted 04 February 2012 - 19:30

I think people are going to be surprised by the pace at the front and I predict a squeezing of the Q1 pole time. If Pirelli narrow the gap between the compounds more teams will end up running the option in Q1.

Edited by Petroltorque, 05 February 2012 - 07:04.

#694 senamic

senamic

• 90 posts

Posted 05 February 2012 - 05:44

May I just remind that this is a civil forum, as the OP of this topic I would rather this remain tidy and not devolve into a flame war.

#695 cbbcisace

cbbcisace

• 1,081 posts

Posted 05 February 2012 - 10:38

Everyone get their thinking caps on:)

HRT car will be yellow/gold/black next season, new major sponsor perhaps??

“@lundo88: @HRTF1Team @maria_serrat Maria, Great Video, Are we expect the new car to be painted Gold/Black as your new website is that colour?”

maria_serrat: @lundo88 @hrtf1team we'll have to wait a few more days, but things are there for a reason ;)

#696 William Hunt

William Hunt

• 3,094 posts

Posted 05 February 2012 - 11:09

Are we expect the new car to be painted Gold/Black as your new website is that colour?”

Which website? The HRT website still looks the same.

#697 cbbcisace

cbbcisace

• 1,081 posts

Posted 05 February 2012 - 11:11

Which website? The HRT website still looks the same.

www.hrtf1team.com - will be there new website.

#698 showtime

showtime

• 2,585 posts

Posted 05 February 2012 - 11:48

I can't see any black there and I'm not sure about calling that gold...

#699 cbbcisace

cbbcisace

• 1,081 posts

Posted 05 February 2012 - 11:50

I can't see any black there and I'm not sure about calling that gold...

Ok well a yellow colour then, I was just being speculative from the reply I got...

Advertisement

#700 dau

dau

• 4,569 posts

Posted 05 February 2012 - 12:10

Their old website design didn't bear any resemblance to their car. Other than being sub-par.