Photo

HRT 2012 Thread

• Please log in to reply
2071 replies to this topic

#51 kosmos

kosmos

• 6,769 posts

Posted 21 November 2011 - 16:07

Very happy for Pedro, such a nice guy, he will be missed on the race commentator duties. Good luck, your last chance on F1.

Advertisement

#52 senamic

senamic

• 90 posts

Posted 21 November 2011 - 16:07

Yea, i think "solid" fits him perfectly. Safe pair of hands for HRT. Wonder who'll get the second seat now. Clos?

Personally, I view the second seat as a fight between Clos, Karthikeyan (because sponsors), Ricciardo/Vergne (if Red Bull want a 5th car) and Bottas (if Williams falls through, see Karthikeyan). If STR retain their lineup, expect one of the RB Young Drivers. If one goes, expect one of the two to be at STR and one at Caterham, with Clos likely for the HRT, and Karthikeyan and Bottas as outsiders. If Williams falls through for Bottas, he becomes about as likely as Clos.

#53 Prost1997T

Prost1997T

• 1,947 posts

Posted 21 November 2011 - 16:08

Sadly — lacking a better word — De la Rosa also raced in 2006, 2010 and 2011, otherwise the race for Jan Lammers' record of 3,745 days between Grand Prix starts would've been interesting.

(Lammers last competed in the 1982 Dutch Grand Prix on July 3, 1982 and subsequently in the 1992 Japanese Grand Prix on 25 October 1992.)

I said *full* season. He didn't exactly embarass himself like Badoer either, even if he didn't match up to Kimi or Kamui.

#54 senamic

senamic

• 90 posts

Posted 21 November 2011 - 16:13

I said *full* season. He didn't exactly embarass himself like Badoer either, even if he didn't match up to Kimi or Kamui.

I still feel bad for Badoer, particularly as Fisichella showed how much of a dog that Ferrari was if you hadn't driven it all season like Kimi/Felipe (considering Fisi went from 2nd in Spa with FI to 9th (quali 14th) at Monza, while Raikkonen was 3rd in quali and race in Italy)... Still, things could be looking up for that Spanish money at HRT!

#55 Prost1997T

Prost1997T

• 1,947 posts

Posted 21 November 2011 - 16:19

I still feel bad for Badoer, particularly as Fisichella showed how much of a dog that Ferrari was if you hadn't driven it all season like Kimi/Felipe (considering Fisi went from 2nd in Spa with FI to 9th (quali 14th) at Monza, while Raikkonen was 3rd in quali and race in Italy)... Still, things could be looking up for that Spanish money at HRT!

Sure, but Ferrari dropped both Fisi and Badoer after that season...and yes, you make a good point, sponsors will appreciate a Spanish driver at a Spanish team.

#56 marcoferrari

marcoferrari

• 2,004 posts

Posted 21 November 2011 - 16:19

In qualis, yes...

#57 Prost1997T

Prost1997T

• 1,947 posts

Posted 21 November 2011 - 16:21

In qualis, yes...

You don't get points for qualifying under the current rules though :)

#58 Fastcake

Fastcake

• 6,166 posts

Posted 21 November 2011 - 16:24

I can't imagine de la Rosa accomplishing much on track, but at least he should be able to give good feedback for car development.

I guess that's the point. Still why ditch Luizzi, the mediocre feedback guy they already have, for a past it mediocre feedback guy?

#59 SpeedRacer`

SpeedRacer`

• 764 posts

Posted 21 November 2011 - 16:25

I was really impressed with DLR at Canada considering it was last minute and he hardly practised. Didn't get the recognition he deserved for that imo.

Advertisement

#60 Prost1997T

Prost1997T

• 1,947 posts

Posted 21 November 2011 - 16:26

I was really impressed with DLR at Canada considering it was last minute and he hardly practised. Didn't get the recognition he deserved for that imo.

Well the collision with Button put him out of the points unfortunately.

#61 senamic

senamic

• 90 posts

Indeed, I mean he had to do Friday Free Practice in his McLaren overalls, it was that sudden an announcement...

#62 marcoferrari

marcoferrari

• 2,004 posts

Autosport gave him 9 for his race, so Pedro is still "the best" driver of 2011... :D

Edited by marcoferrari, 21 November 2011 - 16:27.

#63 regracing

regracing

• 25 posts

Posted 21 November 2011 - 16:28

Not a great call for the team imo. I am still very happy for Pedro however as he is a nice guy and lets face it he might as well jump at any drive he can get as he certainly isnt getting any younger.

Hope this isnt the end for liuzzi but i cant see it not being, lets face it he isnt A class material but he is a better driver than any rookie hrt would attract. It would be great if he stayed though, a team with no pay driving rookies would gain them some more respect from me over the modern team mentality of one good driver and some useless gp2 guy with some majorly dodgy oil company backing.

#64 Kubiccia

Kubiccia

• 1,370 posts

Posted 21 November 2011 - 16:29

Was there any other driver in F1 history with more "come and go" than Pee dee el are?

#65 senamic

senamic

• 90 posts

Posted 21 November 2011 - 16:32

Not a great call for the team imo. I am still very happy for Pedro however as he is a nice guy and lets face it he might as well jump at any drive he can get as he certainly isnt getting any younger.

Hope this isnt the end for liuzzi but i cant see it not being, lets face it he isnt A class material but he is a better driver than any rookie hrt would attract. It would be great if he stayed though, a team with no pay driving rookies would gain them some more respect from me over the modern team mentality of one good driver and some useless gp2 guy with some majorly dodgy oil company backing.

I think that whether or not Liuzzi is retained relies on a few things.

1. How much sponsorship from Spain will de la Rosa attract? By this, I don't mean how much is he bringing in his portfolio (ala Maldonado) but rather how much will he attract with his name (ala Sauber getting some sponsors for Japanese GP because of Kobayashi being Japanese). The higher the amount, the higher chance Liuzzi stays.

2. Is Liuzzi helping attract the Italian market? Not only for sponsorship, but for technical partnership. A tie in with an Italian parts company, or Italian companies like in (1.) could help his chances.

3. How solid is the backing within the team? Guess we can only wonder for this.

4. Are there any solid rookies bringing money? By this, I mean would Red Bull give fair money (in the region of cheaper pay driver) to field Ricciardo or Vergne? Obviously, the less skilled the rookie, the more money will matter.

As far as I can see, these are the main factors concerning Liuzzi remaining in the team as a full time driver.

#66 Baddoer

Baddoer

• 1,495 posts

Posted 21 November 2011 - 16:39

Oh sh. They should call Fisichella from Ferrari and grid will be full of loosers.

#67 fisssssi

fisssssi

• 1,033 posts

Posted 21 November 2011 - 16:41

Woohoo, two 40+ year old drivers on the grid in 2012!

And Rubens will turn 40 in May, making it 3, if he's still there :drunk:

#68 lemec

lemec

• 286 posts

Posted 21 November 2011 - 16:50

Sadly — lacking a better word — De la Rosa also raced in 2006, 2010 and 2011, otherwise the race for Jan Lammers' record of 3,745 days between Grand Prix starts would've been interesting.

(Lammers last competed in the 1982 Dutch Grand Prix on July 3, 1982 and subsequently in the 1992 Japanese Grand Prix on 25 October 1992.)

:down:

You talked about Lammers record. Something far away from Pedro's performances as he raced, also, in Bahrein 2005, where he got the fastest lap after beating Kimi on qualy. In addition, during the first six races alongside to Kimi in 2006 Pedro got same points that Kimi. Then, the engine freeze issue crapped his stats.

Edited by lemec, 21 November 2011 - 17:02.

#69 Prost1997T

Prost1997T

• 1,947 posts

Posted 21 November 2011 - 16:53

:down:

You talked about Lammers record. Something far away from Pedro's performances as he raced, also, in Bahrein 2005, where he got the fastest lap after beating Kimi on qualy. In addition, during the first six races alongside to Kimi in 2006 Pedro got same points that Kimi. Then, the engine freeze issue crapped his stats.

Me? I didn't bring up Lammers. Sure you're quoting the right poster?

#70 ivand911

ivand911

• 8,152 posts

Posted 21 November 2011 - 16:58

If they changed Liuzzi with DLR, just wait to see what Joe Saward will write about it.

#71 lemec

lemec

• 286 posts

Posted 21 November 2011 - 16:59

Me? I didn't bring up Lammers. Sure you're quoting the right poster?

S***T ! No. :blush: sorry for that ... I'll fix it

#72 Clatter

Clatter

• 27,315 posts

Posted 21 November 2011 - 17:00

Sure, but Ferrari dropped both Fisi and Badoer after that season...and yes, you make a good point, sponsors will appreciate a Spanish driver at a Spanish team.

That's not true. Badoer retired at the end of 2010 and Fisi is still there.

#73 Jackmancer

Jackmancer

• 2,811 posts

Posted 21 November 2011 - 17:14

Why de la Rosa? Seriously. They might do Alguesari, right? He might become available for one year at least.

#74 puxanando

puxanando

• 3,538 posts

Posted 21 November 2011 - 17:18

Why de la Rosa? Seriously. They might do Alguesari, right? He might become available for one year at least.

Jaime will drive for RBR soon....... :cat:

#75 Petroltorque

Petroltorque

• 1,701 posts

Posted 21 November 2011 - 17:19

Have I been dreaming and just woken up in an alternative reality. FFS De La Rosa got the sack from Sauber for not being quick enough and brought no money. I don't know what feedback he's going to bring thats different to what the telemetry says.

#76 Disgrace

Disgrace
  • RC Forum Host

• 9,886 posts

Posted 21 November 2011 - 17:25

Gee, de la Rosa must be fairly desperate to race. An HRT line-up of Liuzzi and de la Rosa just proves the graveyard status of the team.

#77 Les

Les

• 2,069 posts

Posted 21 November 2011 - 17:34

Well done to Del La Rosa he's a nice guy and decent driver and all that but... another blow for young drivers by teams playing it safe and keeping with the old guard!

Edited by Les, 21 November 2011 - 17:34.

#78 ivand911

ivand911

• 8,152 posts

Posted 21 November 2011 - 17:36

I guess he will drive for free?

#79 frot

frot

• 45 posts

Posted 21 November 2011 - 17:39

De La Rosa is a great signing for them. There's no point in signing up loads of young talent. They're not going to be able to catch anyone's eye in that car. At least with PDLR he is experienced and will be able to develop the car. Good signing

Advertisement

#80 Petroltorque

Petroltorque

• 1,701 posts

Posted 21 November 2011 - 17:43

De La Rosa is a great signing for them. There's no point in signing up loads of young talent. They're not going to be able to catch anyone's eye in that car. At least with PDLR he is experienced and will be able to develop the car. Good signing

When have you ever seen a driver develop a car? They can test components but development is done the design team.

#81 Prost1997T

Prost1997T

• 1,947 posts

Posted 21 November 2011 - 17:44

That's not true. Badoer retired at the end of 2010 and Fisi is still there.

Is he? I thought they were replaced by Jules Bianchi? :confused:

#82 ferrarijon123

ferrarijon123

• 851 posts

Posted 21 November 2011 - 17:56

Is he? I thought they were replaced by Jules Bianchi? :confused:

I think Fisi and Bianchi are reserve drivers along with Gene.

#83 Henrik B

Henrik B

• 2,705 posts

Posted 21 November 2011 - 18:08

When have you ever seen a driver develop a car? They can test components but development is done the design team.

I am normally one that believes driver input is vastly overrated, but I think de la Rosa could be valuable for the team. He has driven enough really good F1 cars that he knows better than most exactly how a good car should feel. He must have picked up a few things in the McLaren garage over the years!

If they are thinking of putting a rookie like Clos in the second seat they really need someone like him to validate the feedback and I don't think he will make a fool of himself. "Solid" as someone said earlier.

#84 cbbcisace

cbbcisace

• 1,081 posts

Posted 21 November 2011 - 18:10

Accordingly Corte Inglés, Banco Popular, BBVA and Repsol are signed up as sponsors next year with PDLR joining the team, guess we will have to see.

Dani Clos for the 2nd seat anyone???

#85 lemec

lemec

• 286 posts

Posted 21 November 2011 - 18:25

Accordingly Corte Inglés, Banco Popular, BBVA and Repsol are signed up as sponsors next year with PDLR joining the team, guess we will have to see.

Roberto Merhi  ;)

El Corte Ingles is just Pedro's personal sponsor. Banco Popular is, actually, co-owner of the team. That's why Perez-Sala is there.

We'll se tomorrow but I don't expect any other anouncement but Pedro's deal.

#86 dau

dau

• 4,569 posts

Posted 21 November 2011 - 18:26

Repsol? Are they somehow related to DLR or Clos? Same for BBVA and Banco Popular - Corte Ingles is DLR's personal sponsor, so that much makes sense after all.

Edit: Ah, thanks lemec.

Edited by dau, 21 November 2011 - 18:27.

#87 cbbcisace

cbbcisace

• 1,081 posts

Posted 21 November 2011 - 18:27

Roberto Merhi ;)

El Corte Ingles is just Pedro's personal sponsor. Banco Popular is, actually, co-owner of the team. That's why Perez-Sala is there.

We'll se tomorrow but I don't expect any other anouncement but Pedro's deal.

Lets see if they become team sponsors , would look good to see the 2012 car with sponsors on.

#88 showtime

showtime

• 2,585 posts

Posted 21 November 2011 - 18:28

I hardly doubt BBVA will be involved in any way with a team like HRT with Santander having so much presence in the Sport.

#89 Myrvold

Myrvold

• 2,748 posts

Posted 21 November 2011 - 18:45

I hardly doubt BBVA will be involved in any way with a team like HRT with Santander having so much presence in the Sport.

You hardly belive? Or you doubt? Hardly doubt are like minus * minus it equals positive in maths.

#90 Myrvold

Myrvold

• 2,748 posts

Posted 21 November 2011 - 18:46

Double post due to IPS Error.

Edited by Myrvold, 21 November 2011 - 18:46.

#91 midgrid

midgrid

• 4,758 posts

Posted 21 November 2011 - 19:27

Gené left his Ferrari testing role at the same time as Badoer. It's a shame that he's committed to Peugeot, otherwise HRT could have signed him as well!

Edited by midgrid, 21 November 2011 - 19:27.

#92 showtime

showtime

• 2,585 posts

Posted 21 November 2011 - 19:41

You hardly belive? Or you doubt? Hardly doubt are like minus * minus it equals positive in maths.

hardly belive was the idea :blush:

Edited by showtime, 21 November 2011 - 19:41.

#93 cbbcisace

cbbcisace

• 1,081 posts

Posted 21 November 2011 - 19:58

hardly belive was the idea :blush:

http://joesaward.wor...resting-timing/

Hardly suprising that good old Joe thinks that Liuzzi will stay with the team... :drunk:

#94 xxiiooiixx

xxiiooiixx

• 100 posts

Posted 21 November 2011 - 20:09

Over all I think its a positive move for HRT even if PDLR is not seen to anything special, its good publicity and a chance to attract sponsors. This year HRT haven't featured much on the BBC, most races you would not even have known there were there apart from seeing HRT being lapped by Vettel. Maybe having a stable drive and a long term contract with a Spanish team is what PDLR needed all along. Why would a top team like Mclaren have him as a reserve for such a long time if he was really that bad as people make him out to be ?
As for Luigi HRT could still retain him as a reserve driver.

#95 Fastcake

Fastcake

• 6,166 posts

Posted 21 November 2011 - 20:30

http://joesaward.wor...resting-timing/

Hardly suprising that good old Joe thinks that Liuzzi will stay with the team... :drunk:

I was waiting for that :lol:

If he seriously thinks that I'll be very interested to know where the funding is coming from to not run pay drivers.

#96 cbbcisace

cbbcisace

• 1,081 posts

Posted 21 November 2011 - 20:37

I was waiting for that :lol:

If he seriously thinks that I'll be very interested to know where the funding is coming from to not run pay drivers.

They will get more funding for next year if is true with the sponsors that are signing up with the team.

Dani Clos if he is to be the 2nd driver will have his own funding.

Exciting times....

I do feel sorry for Mr Saward though.... :lol:

Edited by cbbcisace, 21 November 2011 - 20:39.

#97 xxiiooiixx

xxiiooiixx

• 100 posts

Posted 21 November 2011 - 20:53

If STR are dropping both Beumi and Jaime like what Joe Saward says then I would expect Jaime to end up at HRT.

#98 frot

frot

• 45 posts

Posted 21 November 2011 - 20:56

They can give feedback. De La Rosa has a vast amount of experience particularly in testing so he will know which parts are improvements and which parts of the car need improving.

#99 William Hunt

William Hunt

• 3,286 posts

Posted 21 November 2011 - 21:55

Liuzzi himself has recently said that he had signed a multi-year deal when he signed for them!

Advertisement

#100 cbbcisace

cbbcisace

• 1,081 posts

Posted 21 November 2011 - 21:56

Tweet from HRT:-

HRTF1Team: It was a fantastic day and the future will be even better! Thank you all for your messages