Photo

HRT 2012 Thread

• Please log in to reply
2071 replies to this topic

#951 macoran

macoran

• 3,989 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 21:42

Compare HRT with Red Bull is plain stupid.

Absolutely !!! there can be no comparison in 250,000 years ! even if all of Spain is shoved in to HRT

Advertisement

#952 Showty

Showty

• 1,268 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 21:44

Red Bull may not have as much history and legacy as the big teams out there, but atleast they're doing what it takes to compete in F1. Kuddos to them.

HRT is just a waste of space, not even being able to bring a car to the pre-season tests, hiring PDLR and Karthikeyan (!!!), and setting up a "spanish" team, far away from the historic motorsport clusters in UK, Italy or Germany, while 50% of people between 18 and 25 are unemployed in their country... They're either ahead of their time or lunatics

Only because of that they truly deserve a lot of respect, and if they are succesful in running the team the way they want, it will be a truly great achievement.

I don´t want F1 to be more than the exclusive club that already is, HRT will open that door for, hopefully, many more to come.

#953 macoran

macoran

• 3,989 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 21:45

Its disappointing that F1 does not look like it will ever have another American team for a very long time.

All American F1 teams to ever skin a cat were UK based !!!!!

#954 Fastcake

Fastcake

• 6,271 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 22:03

I'm not entirely sure if they all were, but even USF1 set up in the middle of American racing country. There is a reason why the teams have always been bunched together with other motorsport teams (it doesn't have to be purely F1) and it's to access the established support companies and engineers. It's a brave move to base yourself outside of the existing centres, and one that historically has never payed off.

#955 xxiiooiixx

xxiiooiixx

• 100 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 22:05

Yes I know this is really strange because Americans are so fanatical about their cars and their race series. Look at the IndyCar Series how many more teams they have as compared to F1 and they cant even enter a single F1 team (USFail1). Maybe F1 is too restrictive and exclusive. :confused:

#956 TF110

TF110

• 942 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 22:07

I agree, there is no reason why Formula one teams should be restricted to exclusively having bases in England and Italy (and also Germany). Other countries like France, US, Canada, Australia, Korea and Japan all have what it takes in terms of technical personnel and resources to develop their own teams. This is probably why HRT receives so much mockery in these threads, because they are challenging the established perception of what and where a F1 team should be. People think they know Spain but all they really know is Spain's relaxing sunny Southern Coasts in the summer time, they don't see our hard working industrialized cities in north the Universities and industries. How can a holiday resort won their own formula one team??? :stoned: :drunk:

Its disappointing that F1 does not look like it will ever have another American team for a very long time. Because if it did then I am sure it would be a benefit to F1. It would bring more competition and innovation as teams could draw from a bigger pool of talented Engineering & manufacturing personnel & facilities. F1 design and manufacturing is too specialized and concentrated in a small area, therefore making it too expensive and out of the reach of smaller teams.

Looking back Toyota seemed like they were not really a team of sports men but just a group of people doing their jobs, not much passion. Not much different from the other big teams. They Had the money, the resources, they did well but they could not get that little extra to become champions.

This year we will probably see an entirely different HRT
At first I though it was suicidal for HRT to move everything to Spain but actually it isn't such a bad idea if you think about it. Spain is not that far and isolated from the traditional F1 hubs.

I just hope we don't get any nasty surprises and the F112 makes it to testing and HRT do better this season :clap:

Come off it, please. Toyota had people that're at your precious 'passionate' HRT. HRT was even trying to use Toyota's car! They emploed people from all over Europe, how is that for your statement? You saying that because they were a large team they lacked soul? That's degrading! Perhaps you should study further, because Toyota built the team from scratch just like HRT. Just because they are Toyota doesn't mean they had endless budgets or soulless employees. Maybe BMW as well? Jaguar? Honda? Touch up on your history. Companies come up from passionate people looking to be successful, not just in race wins from F1.

#957 xxiiooiixx

xxiiooiixx

• 100 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 23:04

Come off it, please. Toyota had people that're at your precious 'passionate' HRT. HRT was even trying to use Toyota's car! They emploed people from all over Europe, how is that for your statement? You saying that because they were a large team they lacked soul? That's degrading! Perhaps you should study further, because Toyota built the team from scratch just like HRT. Just because they are Toyota doesn't mean they had endless budgets or soulless employees. Maybe BMW as well? Jaguar? Honda? Touch up on your history. Companies come up from passionate people looking to be successful, not just in race wins from F1.

I get what you saying I was too harsh with my comment I should not have said the team wasn't passionate about racing its should have been more to the effect as Toyota instead of Toyota F1, I didn't mean to offend the Toyota F1 fans like you. but I give no apologies for my opinion.

Think about it clearly. If Toyota were so passionate about F1 where are they now, the worlds biggest car Manufacturer ???? How could they just pull the plug so easily?? They pumped millions more then anyone setting up a new team, then when things get tough all they do is pull out not even to give their employees a fighting chance to run the team for themselves and find a buyer. Toyota F1 was a complete team of passionate employees, an asset they disposed of. At least Honda gave their team a better chance. When things get tough do you see Williams give up and walk away NO! Even Renault had a more dignified exit then Toyota. If BMW,Honda and Renault reacted in the same way you would be here complaining about my precious Virgin, HRT and 3 other new teams.

#958 Petroltorque

Petroltorque

• 1,809 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 06:59

If you've got enough money you can set the team up where you like. Hell, Sauber is based in Switzerland where motor racing is illegal. The problem is you need expertise and infrastructure. I'd say HRT have 2 choices; they either acquire the expertise in house by trial and error or they attract highly talented/ experienced F1 staff from established areas to bring the knowledge with them.
HRT cannot afford to circulate at 108% of ultimate pace as they did last year. They need to half that deficit to become self sustainable from FOM monies and sponsorship. One hopes the present owners understand that and are willing to spend the money squared to get there.

Edited by Petroltorque, 25 February 2012 - 07:57.

#959 TF110

TF110

• 942 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 08:00

I get what you saying I was too harsh with my comment I should not have said the team wasn't passionate about racing its should have been more to the effect as Toyota instead of Toyota F1, I didn't mean to offend the Toyota F1 fans like you. but I give no apologies for my opinion.

Think about it clearly. If Toyota were so passionate about F1 where are they now, the worlds biggest car Manufacturer ???? How could they just pull the plug so easily?? They pumped millions more then anyone setting up a new team, then when things get tough all they do is pull out not even to give their employees a fighting chance to run the team for themselves and find a buyer. Toyota F1 was a complete team of passionate employees, an asset they disposed of. At least Honda gave their team a better chance. When things get tough do you see Williams give up and walk away NO! Even Renault had a more dignified exit then Toyota. If BMW,Honda and Renault reacted in the same way you would be here complaining about my precious Virgin, HRT and 3 other new teams.

Willaims makes cars? No. Honda didn't have a team. Brawn bought what was left of it and it became Brawn. Mercedes saw the performance and bought into it as a works squad. Where is Toyota now? In LeMans racing, in SuperGT racing, in British Touring car racing, in Nascar racing, in Brazilian Stock Car racing, In Formula Nippon Racing... should I go on? Ferrari even used Toyota's windtunnels in Cologne. So did Sauber, and other F1 teams. The 'millions' you talk about was building their facilities, not the price of their F1 involvement. When they pulled out, Honda did previously, and BMW followed suit. Renault has no works car and it's engine is barely related to them. Ferrari has always been F1 as Williams has. that's what they do. Why would they pull out when that's what they exist for? Other teams come and go. Manufacturers as well. It's so funny to read your little comments because you have no clue what you're saying. Toyota may have let go of people but they still have the TMG facilities up and running, which is where their F1 team was ran. Their technical director Pascal Vasselon is now running their LMP1 project. Like I said, do your research before you speak nonsense. I hope all the best for HRT, but don't say they're the only passionate team because they're a small operation. Jordan went belly up and they were a small 'passionate' team as well. Same with Minardi. How could they just up and quit? Ask yourself these questions. Not me.

Advertisement

#960 xxiiooiixx

xxiiooiixx

• 100 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 10:28

Willaims makes cars? No. Honda didn't have a team. Brawn bought what was left of it and it became Brawn. .

I don't need to do any research on Toyota TMG etc :confused:. that is totally irrelevant to this thread and my original response to "One" about HRT read the thread Title!!! :rolleyes:

Toyota F1 is dead an buried I am no longer talking about them they not even in my mind. Does it make you feel smart when you take one little element of a post and try to put yourself up on it . . because you taking this thread off to some thing irrelevant. If you Love Toyota F1 then go to a Toyota F1 memorial thread! I am not going to re explain my original thread because clearly you cant understand the big picture of what was actually said. I understand your posts more then you think! I can even see your agenda, This is just an image thing for you, some one said something about Toyota now it gives you the opportunity for you to show you know all there is to know about Toyota. I am not in a " I Know that and You Know Nothing Competition" Move on with your life!!!!!

I know nothing about the current affairs of TMG and maybe less of HRT that's why I am here wanting to engage in a discussion about HRT and maybe get some news about the Crash tests that were supposed to have been done Thursday/Friday.

#961 cbbcisace

cbbcisace

• 1,081 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 10:39

I don't need to do any research on Toyota TMG etc :confused:. that is totally irrelevant to this thread and my original response to "One" about HRT read the thread Title!!! :rolleyes:

Toyota F1 is dead an buried I am no longer talking about them they not even in my mind. Does it make you feel smart when you take one little element of a post and try to put yourself up on it . . because you taking this thread off to some thing irrelevant. If you Love Toyota F1 then go to a Toyota F1 memorial thread! I am not going to re explain my original thread because clearly you cant understand the big picture of what was actually said. I understand your posts more then you think! I can even see your agenda, This is just an image thing for you, some one said something about Toyota now it gives you the opportunity for you to show you know all there is to know about Toyota. I am not in a " I Know that and You Know Nothing Competition" Move on with your life!!!!!

I know nothing about the current affairs of TMG and maybe less of HRT that's why I am here wanting to engage in a discussion about HRT and maybe get some news about the Crash tests that were supposed to have been done Thursday/Friday.

We will know on Monday about the Crash Tests..

#962 cbbcisace

cbbcisace

• 1,081 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 15:46

Jose Gallego Segura (HRT F1 Aero Guy) Posted this on Facebook:-

F112 is homologated! ... For you can sleep better;)

:wave:

#963 stewie

stewie

• 472 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 16:44

Autosport has confirmed it's passed it's crash test now, which is good enough for me!

#964 Mastah

Mastah

• 3,679 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 16:59

And also that

The team's presence in the final test in Barcelona, however, is still in doubt, as HRT is facing a race against time to have the car ready. A source said the outfit is hopeful of at least testing for two days.

:rolleyes:

BTW.

Narain Karthikeyan ‏ @narainracing
We have a car! Looks like a sure step forward from last year.

#965 cbbcisace

cbbcisace

• 1,081 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 17:05

And also that

:rolleyes:

BTW.

Let's see about how many days attending.

The only reason I say that is that the person that posted the article wasn't sure a few hours ago if HRT had passed all it's tests :p

#966 D.M.N.

D.M.N.
  • RC Forum Host

• 7,226 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 17:11

HRT. :up: Obviously this should have been done several weeks ago, but glad they at least have a car. Whether it is competitive, and gets inside the 107% rule at Australia though, is another matter.

#967 cbbcisace

cbbcisace

• 1,081 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 17:13

HRT. :up: Obviously this should have been done several weeks ago, but glad they at least have a car. Whether it is competitive, and gets inside the 107% rule at Australia though, is another matter.

Well let's hope with some testing and actually having the cars ready now, should be better than last year. :up:

#968 olliek88

olliek88

• 4,049 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 17:20

Theres a little bit of me that wants HRT to rock up next week and do a Brawn ala '09 (Not literally of course) and shock everyone with a decent car, but the term delusional doesn't even start to describe me for thinking anything along those lines!

HRT will be hard pushed to beat the 107% rule this season i suspect, i can't believe it has come to this again, 2010 was more acceptable but they were still completely disorganised in getting a car together last year and now, 24 months on from their debut they're still hurrying around and scrapping bits together at the last minute to get a car out in time, pretty poor.

Of course i can't imagine how hard it is to run a formula 1 team and i don't claim to be able to do a better job it just seems so unprofessional, even compared to Caterham who have really moved on, getting together a proper team with good facilities and a tech partnership with one of the top teams, i'm going to be very interested to see the gap between the two this season.

Edited by olliek88, 25 February 2012 - 17:22.

#969 cbbcisace

cbbcisace

• 1,081 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 17:25

Theres a little bit of me that wants HRT to rock up next week and do a Brawn ala '09 (Not literally of course) and shock everyone with a decent car, but the term delusional doesn't even start to describe me for thinking anything along those lines!

HRT will be hard pushed to beat the 107% rule this season i suspect, i can't believe it has come to this again, 2010 was more acceptable but they were still completely disorganised in getting a car together last year and now, 24 months on from their debut they're still hurrying around and scrapping bits together at the last minute to get a car out in time, pretty poor.

Of course i can't imagine how hard it is to run a formula 1 team and i don't claim to be able to do a better job it just seems so unprofessional, even compared to Caterham who have really moved on, getting together a proper team with good facilities and a tech partnership with one of the top teams, i'm going to be very interested to see the gap between the two this season.

You might be quite right with everything you say there, we don't know when we will see the car yet...

What suprises me is how we can predict if they are going to fall out of 107%.

#970 olliek88

olliek88

• 4,049 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 17:28

You might be quite right with everything you say there, we don't know when we will see the car yet...

What suprises me is how we can predict if they are going to fall out of 107%.

Just based on the fact that they were pretty close to it at times last year and the rate of development (even without the EBD) in F1 could see them fall further behind and in danger of slipping outside of 107%, maybe i'm being overly harsh but that just how i see it.

#971 cbbcisace

cbbcisace

• 1,081 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 17:31

Just based on the fact that they were pretty close to it at times last year and the rate of development (even without the EBD) in F1 could see them fall further behind and in danger of slipping outside of 107%, maybe i'm being overly harsh but that just how i see it.

Of course quite right but HRT and Marussia was quite close last year, if anything HRT closed up to Marussia.

It's all guess work at the moment.

Don't forget this car is not based on the Dallara chassis what so ever, so is there improvement there??

#972 olliek88

olliek88

• 4,049 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 17:33

Of course quite right but HRT and Marussia was quite close last year, if anything HRT closed up to Marussia.

It's all guess work at the moment.

Don't forget this car is not based on the Dallara chassis what so ever, so is there improvement there??

I wasn't aware of that! :blush: Maybe it will help them to move forward, hopefully it performs better on track than it did in the crash tests up until now.

#973 cbbcisace

cbbcisace

• 1,081 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 17:36

I wasn't aware of that! :blush: Maybe it will help them to move forward, hopefully it performs better on track than it did in the crash tests up until now.

Well if you think that the actual chassis passed first time, it was the nose and roll hoop that failed then there has got to be some optimism there.

#974 cbbcisace

cbbcisace

• 1,081 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 18:12

http://joesaward.wor...es-crash-tests/

I'm sure Joe had to swallow some pride there... :p

#975 Iseriouslyhadenough

Iseriouslyhadenough

• 144 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 19:06

Great work Toni&Crew!

Now, lets beat Virgin/Marussia for the third year in a row :clap:

Edited by Iseriouslyhadenough, 25 February 2012 - 19:07.

#976 xxiiooiixx

xxiiooiixx

• 100 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 19:25

http://joesaward.wor...es-crash-tests/

I'm sure Joe had to swallow some pride there... :p

Joe talks allot of nonsense, HRT passed all the tests but he is spinning it into something negative. It is something to celebrate about and its not over optimistic for people to expect HRT to be at the last test if it was not for the failed parts the HRT would have been tested this week.
"Realism and the team needs to settle down and develop the car in a sensible manner??" did I miss a press release from HRT saying there were building a car to beat Redbull?

The fact of the matter is that HRT built a car on a tighter schedule and budget and have completed the car in time to do some testing.

Great work Toni&Crew!

Now, lets beat Virgin/Marussia for the third year in a row :clap:

I hope so 2 :clap:

Edited by xxiiooiixx, 25 February 2012 - 19:31.

#977 One

One

• 6,527 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 23:14

Compare HRT with Red Bull is plain stupid.

No it is not. They are competing on the same grid, no matter how they have currently speed differences.
All those Red Bull cheer leaders are plain blind. The man as rich as Mateshits could have easily paid to make their country's engineer the champion, their drivers the championS, not depending on German hero, not depending on Brits. As simple as that. He is failed already, IMHO. Naturally anyone is entitled to opinion.

#978 TeamSideways

TeamSideways

• 647 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 23:36

you cant compare hrt to redbull , redbull started at 2005 and was rubbish to be honest and became champions in the 6th year , they had the basis of a decent f1 team like jaguar f1 and established engineers and mechanics. hrt on the other hand is trying to build a team from scratch and every year they are experiencing huge reshuffle . you cant compare it to any established team right now

#979 understeer

understeer

• 204 posts

Posted 26 February 2012 - 00:26

Why can't they make it to the final preseason test? By now they should already be testing the chassis with engine and gearbox on a rig. Only the newly crash tested parts have to be made.
Both Pedro and narain have said the car would be faster than last years. So will be interesting to see how the new car performs.

Advertisement

#980 tkulla

tkulla

• 3,260 posts

Posted 26 February 2012 - 00:29

I'm sorry, but by the third year it shouldn't be such a struggle just to make the grid for the first race.

#981 xxiiooiixx

xxiiooiixx

• 100 posts

Posted 26 February 2012 - 01:12

I'm sorry, but by the third year it shouldn't be such a struggle just to make the grid for the first race.

Yes it shouldn't have been such a struggle, I still don't understand why after having new owners middle of last year HRT still took so long and started building the car so late. When Colin Kolles left there wasn't really much of a team left so maybe that's part of the reason.

Hopefully the new team can settle in quickly and start working well together.Hopefully the F112 will be as reliable as last years car. The this year HRT can start the F113 much earlier .

#982 Ulysses777

Ulysses777

• 64 posts

Posted 26 February 2012 - 01:15

Minardi struggled for 20 years.

#983 packapoo

packapoo

• 731 posts

Posted 26 February 2012 - 04:17

Why can't they make it to the final preseason test? By now they should already be testing the chassis with engine and gearbox on a rig. Only the newly crash tested parts have to be made.
Both Pedro and narain have said the car would be faster than last years. So will be interesting to see how the new car performs.

Ahhhh. Pedro and Narain......... Two drivers said by some to be over the hill.
But they're NOT.
They never climbed the hill in the first place so can hardly said to be over it!

And something makes me think they won't be climbing it this year either.....

#984 packapoo

packapoo

• 731 posts

Posted 26 February 2012 - 04:18

Ahhhh. Pedro and Narain......... Two drivers said by some to be over the hill.
But they're NOT.
They never climbed the hill in the first place so can hardly said to be over it!

And something makes me think they won't be climbing it this year either.....

#985 packapoo

packapoo

• 731 posts

Posted 26 February 2012 - 04:19

:up: :up:

#986 Petroltorque

Petroltorque

• 1,809 posts

Posted 26 February 2012 - 07:09

The delay is in getting the necessary spares from the suppliers. Passing the crash test only means that their specifications are FIA compliant. I'd guess if they had all the necessary parts they could build up a car. They built up 2 cars in 5 days last year.

Edited by Petroltorque, 26 February 2012 - 12:23.

#987 TF110

TF110

• 942 posts

Posted 26 February 2012 - 07:11

Don't label certain teams passionate and say that because other teams pull out of F1 they lack passion, or are just businessmen. HRT are in a business as well. You can be passionate about your business, and be involved in racing. If you don't need research into TMG/Toyota then why are you labeling them soulless? I don't appreciate that. I respect each team and the people that work for them, you would do well to do the same. I wasn't bragging about knowing all about Toyota, but when you stick a label and call out teams and companies that people like and root for you're being closed minded and shallow. Your comments prove this. Not only are they hard to read as you lack English language skills, but they are offensive. I will report the next time you put a label on a company or their workers as soulless and lacking passion for what they do.

That said I'm glad HRT passed their crash tests. I really hope they do well this year. Hopefully the team can find some funding or more sponsorship and move forward.

Edited by TF110, 26 February 2012 - 07:25.

#988 cbbcisace

cbbcisace

• 1,081 posts

Posted 26 February 2012 - 08:56

The delay is in getting the necessary spares from the suppliers. Passing the crash test only means that their specications are FIA compliant. I'd guess if they had all the necessary parts they could build up a car. They built up 2 cars in 5 days last year.

Exactly, If they started building from Friday (24th) - they should have 2 cars ready by Thursday?

Which means possibly being at the tests on Saturday for 2 days?

Edited by cbbcisace, 26 February 2012 - 12:30.

#989 Siperoth

Siperoth

• 321 posts

Posted 26 February 2012 - 12:29

Exactly, If they started building from Firday (24th) - they should have 2 cars ready by Thursday?

Which means possibly being at the tests on Saturday for 2 days?

They only need one car for testing.

Can't they at least request to test with Red Bull and Ferrari a day later than the others so they can get one more day? I see no reason on why they haven't filed a request for such a thing.

Edited by Siperoth, 26 February 2012 - 12:30.

#990 Baddoer

Baddoer

• 1,495 posts

Posted 26 February 2012 - 14:06

People laughed when Mallya took over Spyker miserable effort and renamed team to Force India. On their second year Fisi was on pole in Spa.

#991 olliek88

olliek88

• 4,049 posts

Posted 26 February 2012 - 14:15

People laughed when Mallya took over Spyker miserable effort and renamed team to Force India. On their second year Fisi was on pole in Spa.

Different situation, 2009 was a completely clean sheet year for the tech rules so any previous advantage/disadvantage was reset, HRT don't have that chance until 2014(?) and even then they don't have the infrastructure, facilities or people in place to even think about moving into the midfield for 2014 at the rate their going right now.

#992 cbbcisace

cbbcisace

• 1,081 posts

Posted 26 February 2012 - 14:17

They only need one car for testing.

Can't they at least request to test with Red Bull and Ferrari a day later than the others so they can get one more day? I see no reason on why they haven't filed a request for such a thing.

HRT may have done.. :clap:

#993 cbbcisace

cbbcisace

• 1,081 posts

Posted 26 February 2012 - 14:53

Lets also put something into perspective for HRT.

This is the 1st year where all cars have to pass all required crash tests before testing.

In the last 2 years HRT have done no testing with cars that didn't need to pass testing before.

We as this year they are going to attend testing with a brand news 2012 car that has passed all crash tests.

Edited by cbbcisace, 26 February 2012 - 14:53.

#994 xxiiooiixx

xxiiooiixx

• 100 posts

Posted 26 February 2012 - 15:14

Don't label certain teams passionate and say that because other teams pull out of F1 they lack passion, or are just businessmen. HRT are in a business as well. You can be passionate about your business, and be involved in racing. If you don't need research into TMG/Toyota then why are you labeling them soulless? I don't appreciate that. I respect each team and the people that work for them, you would do well to do the same. I wasn't bragging about knowing all about Toyota, but when you stick a label and call out teams and companies that people like and root for you're being closed minded and shallow. Your comments prove this. Not only are they hard to read as you lack English language skills, but they are offensive. I will report the next time you put a label on a company or their workers as soulless and lacking passion for what they do.

That said I'm glad HRT passed their crash tests. I really hope they do well this year. Hopefully the team can find some funding or more sponsorship and move forward.

I never said anything about being soulless, but you are probably right it may have been offensive, it was not meant to be a personal attack, I am sorry! I would never cut it as a PR officer, maybe if I had the need and the time to I could probably learn.

Although I can’t say I never ever rooted for Toyota F1, after all the hype I also expected them to win. Maybe they needed more time to get their first Victory and maybe they would have overcome that final hurdle. Whatever they lacked it shows that being a winning team does not equate to just having loads of funding and sponsors. There is something more to it if I knew what it was then I would probably be running my own team.

HRT need time to learn their Kraft, they have endured and survived 2 difficult seasons and are not following the traditional route of a majority of F1 teams. It’s entirely possible they could still succeed at being a well established F1 team while still being based in Spain; people need to keep an open mind! A different approach can bring success as well as failure. Being in Spain has its disadvantages but there are also benefits.

#995 GhostR

GhostR

• 2,670 posts

Posted 26 February 2012 - 15:47

Keep in mind that in previous years they could have tested the car before it passed the crash tests. I remember one year that Minardi only passed the crash tests just days before the first race.

If this was last year, HRT would have been testing the new car for Barcelona 1. That puts them light years ahead, comparatively, compared to where they were last year. Looks like they'll be able to get a couple of days testing in. Let's see if that does happen and what sort of pace they can manage.

#996 Clatter

Clatter

• 27,453 posts

Posted 26 February 2012 - 16:19

Keep in mind that in previous years they could have tested the car before it passed the crash tests. I remember one year that Minardi only passed the crash tests just days before the first race.

If this was last year, HRT would have been testing the new car for Barcelona 1. That puts them light years ahead, comparatively, compared to where they were last year. Looks like they'll be able to get a couple of days testing in. Let's see if that does happen and what sort of pace they can manage.

As mentioned above that doesn't really wash. They didn't bring the new car out until the last test last year either. 3 years in, they really should be better prepared now.

#997 cbbcisace

cbbcisace

• 1,081 posts

Posted 26 February 2012 - 16:23

As mentioned above that doesn't really wash. They didn't bring the new car out until the last test last year either. 3 years in, they really should be better prepared now.

Well it shouldn't wash with Marussia either.

Edited by cbbcisace, 26 February 2012 - 16:23.

#998 fieraku

fieraku

• 5,304 posts

Posted 26 February 2012 - 16:29

I'm sorry but I don't get the point of a team being in F1 who can't test,make a car in time,whose budget is that of Pro Cycling team with a lot less sponsors other than just being there because they can.

They bring nothing to F1 for me.

#999 cbbcisace

cbbcisace

• 1,081 posts

Posted 26 February 2012 - 16:30

i see all the naysayers are out in force again.

Marussia and HRT should be in the same "boat" if that is the case..

Edited by cbbcisace, 26 February 2012 - 16:31.

Advertisement

#1000 xxiiooiixx

xxiiooiixx

• 100 posts

Posted 26 February 2012 - 16:32

Lets also put something into perspective for HRT.

This is the 1st year where all cars have to pass all required crash tests before testing.

In the last 2 years HRT have done no testing with cars that didn't need to pass testing before.

We as this year they are going to attend testing with a brand news 2012 car that has passed all crash tests.

You’re absolutely right hopefully Next year’s car won’t be as difficult.
Another thing to add is that the car has probably got no carry over from the previous 2 cars, even though this car was also started quite late.

On another forum someone pointed out the vast expenses involved in attending a testing session. So maybe for a small team with a marginal chance of improving this year, the cost savings from not attending all sessions outweighs any benefit.

Either way they still need to show their sponsors & fans their new car.
I just hope HRT keep to their original plan of using KERS this year.