Posted 29 February 2012 - 10:56

I see HRT in front of Marrussia this year! :D

Advertisement

#1052 Showty

Showty

• 1,260 posts

Posted 29 February 2012 - 12:57

I see HRT in front of Marrussia this year! :D

I can see that at the beginning of the season since they will start without testing, but with this deal they have with McLaren they will certainly improve.

I hope HRT too can improve properly during the season and finish 2012 much closer to the fastest car, let´s say 3.5 secs

#1053 lemec

lemec

• 286 posts

Posted 29 February 2012 - 12:58

looks like all is ready but the car :well:

#1054 lemec

lemec

• 286 posts

Posted 29 February 2012 - 13:00

I can see that at the beginning of the season since they will start without testing, but with this deal they have with McLaren they will certainly improve.

What I wonder is how is possible the failed the CT having available this "McLaren support" ...

#1055 Showty

Showty

• 1,260 posts

Posted 29 February 2012 - 13:16

What I wonder is how is possible the failed the CT having available this "McLaren support" ...

All the teams fail CT, it´s not a strange thing, but i guess we don´t usually know when it happens, specially with the big names.

Who knows, maybe McLaren also failed a few, got back and passed them, it might be also the first time Marussia went to pass them.

#1056 jmkaos

jmkaos

• 120 posts

Posted 29 February 2012 - 13:32

Having a deal with McLaren doesn't mean Macca will spend time/money developing Marussia's car...so I think HRT has a fair chance of beating Marussia on many races this year.

#1057 cbbcisace

cbbcisace

• 1,081 posts

Posted 29 February 2012 - 13:46

There are rumours that HRT will present the F112 tomorrow.. although they are rumours!!

And the 2nd Chassis will arrive to be shaken down on Sunday!

Edited by cbbcisace, 29 February 2012 - 14:03.

#1058 One

One

• 6,527 posts

Posted 29 February 2012 - 14:28

Koning not too much About the current team organization gave me a kind of abut of almost far fetched expectation I assume. Never the less it could be a better year for this Spanish guys adventure. Hope it will no reveal that they are indeed sons of Spanish Inquisitions!

#1059 lemec

lemec

• 286 posts

Posted 29 February 2012 - 14:48

All the teams fail CT, it´s not a strange thing, but i guess we don´t usually know when it happens, specially with the big names.

Who knows, maybe McLaren also failed a few, got back and passed them, it might be also the first time Marussia went to pass them.

Yep. I was not clear enough ... I meant how is possible they failed so late ...

I was assuming that the McLaren contribution would be enough to make things easier and the key factor to avoid this kind of situation. Actually the are in worst shape that the last years which is really astounding.

Advertisement

#1060 lemec

lemec

• 286 posts

Posted 29 February 2012 - 14:52

There are rumours that HRT will present the F112 tomorrow.. although they are rumours!!

Posted Image

#1061 artista

artista
  • RC Forum Host

• 5,201 posts

Posted 29 February 2012 - 14:52

Pablo Elizalde (Autosport) says they won't test tomorrow. And Sanchez de Castro (a young Spanish F1 journalist) just tweeted that the team had confirmed him they are not running tomorrow, regardless of what EFE says.

PS. for not Spaniards: EFE is an important Spanish news agancy

#1062 cbbcisace

cbbcisace

• 1,081 posts

Posted 29 February 2012 - 15:00

Pablo Elizalde (Autosport) says they won't test tomorrow. And Sanchez de Castro (a young Spanish F1 journalist) just tweeted that the team had confirmed him they are not running tomorrow, regardless of what EFE says.

PS. for not Spaniards: EFE is an important Spanish news agancy

Thought so, just posting what the rumours where.

#1063 artista

artista
  • RC Forum Host

• 5,201 posts

Posted 29 February 2012 - 15:21

Thought so, just posting what the rumours where.

Oh! I was just adding what was new about the rumours, I didn't intend to... :)

#1064 lemec

lemec

• 286 posts

Posted 29 February 2012 - 15:33

Koning not too much About the current team organization gave me a kind of abut of almost far fetched expectation I assume. Never the less it could be a better year for this Spanish guys adventure. Hope it will no reveal that they are indeed sons of Spanish Inquisitions!

Key positions on HRT are:

CEO: Saul Ruiz de Marcos. Lawer & Business Administration. The Thesan man. ex-Lehman Brothers :well: among others.

Team Principal: Luis Perez-Sala Valls-Taberner :rolleyes: Former GP driver (Two seasons in Minardi) Once he stopped the competition he "worked" as sporting advisor.

Technical Director. Currently vacant (applications welcomed :cool: ) Gabrielle Tredozi was rumoured very likely because of his personal links with LPS(VT) Maybe Toni Cuquerella will take the roll at least for a while.

Chief Race Eng: Antonio "Toni" Cuquerella. Ms Mechanical Engineering. Campos GP. Formerly Chief Eng at Seat Sport WTCC. Race Eng at Super Aguri then move to BMW Sauber F1 Team acting as Kubica's RE. Hes with Campos Meta/HRT project since the very first day.

Team Manager: Carlos Nunes. ex March F1, ex Benetton, ex Ferrari Michael Schummacher's led mechanic for the test car, Test Team Chief Mechanic (1996), Team Manager of the Test Team. 1998 - 2009. Techical Director of GP3 Barwa-Addax and now with HRT

Chief of Aerodynamics: Stephane Chosse

Race Engineer: Ángel Baena
Race Engineer: Mark Hutcheson

PartsCoordinator: Andy Windle
Chief Mechanic: Richard Pegram
Workshop Manager: Claudio Corradini

Head of Production Dave Campbell
Head of IT Eliecer Esteban
Project Manager Albert Fàbrega

My personal opinion is that TP is the weakness position. I loved Luis when drove for Minardi, over Adrian always. But as a Team Principal I'm convinced that Adrian Campos is a much more sensible option.

(as you see there are no inquisitors around there :down: )

Edited by lemec, 29 February 2012 - 15:35.

#1065 dau

dau

• 4,569 posts

Posted 29 February 2012 - 15:47

[...]

(as you see there are no inquisitors around there :down: )

You wouldn't expect them there anyway.

#1066 Iseriouslyhadenough

Iseriouslyhadenough

• 144 posts

Posted 29 February 2012 - 15:49

So Ángel Baena will be Race Engineer for Pedro I must assume - sure Toni will give a helping hand there :)

On the technical side, it looks like quite some experience there, and that's more important than whoever is TP or CEO..

#1067 lemec

lemec

• 286 posts

Posted 29 February 2012 - 16:05

No.

Angel is Narain RE (he was his RE last season) and Mark is Pedro's one.

Don't think Angel need any paticular attetion from Toni, Angel is not a newcomer neither

Edited by lemec, 29 February 2012 - 16:09.

#1068 lemec

lemec

• 286 posts

Posted 29 February 2012 - 16:14

BTW,

There are loads of contradictory whispers coming from BCN.

The more optimistic says that one of the chassis is already in one of the trucks (I'm conviced is false as I was told that the trucks arrived from Valencia) :rolleyes: and that the issues are with the second chassis that they are striving to get ready for testing, too.

HRT has already filled Narain for testing the last day. Nothing about Pedro.

http://www.circuitca.....eup march.pdf

Edited by lemec, 29 February 2012 - 16:15.

#1069 cbbcisace

cbbcisace

• 1,081 posts

Posted 29 February 2012 - 16:21

BTW,

There are loads of contradictory whispers coming from BCN.

The more optimistic says that one of the chassis is already in one of the trucks (I'm conviced is false as I was told that the trucks arrived from Valencia) :rolleyes: and that the issues are with the second chassis that they are striving to get ready for testing, too.

HRT has already filled Narain for testing the last day. Nothing about Pedro.

http://www.circuitca.....eup march.pdf

So HRT are trying to get both chassis ready? You can't run 2 cars at the same time I believe?

#1070 puxanando

puxanando

• 3,538 posts

Posted 29 February 2012 - 16:28

NEW HRT WEBSITE

#1071 cbbcisace

cbbcisace

• 1,081 posts

Posted 29 February 2012 - 16:31

NEW HRT WEBSITE

Its been up and running for a while :drunk:

#1072 lemec

lemec

• 286 posts

Posted 29 February 2012 - 16:40

So HRT are trying to get both chassis ready? You can't run 2 cars at the same time I believe?

You can't have two car on track simultaneously but yoy can use both chassis during the same testing session.

... but I don't give so much credit to these whispers :well:

#1073 cbbcisace

cbbcisace

• 1,081 posts

Posted 29 February 2012 - 16:46

You can't have two car on track simultaneously but yoy can use both chassis during the same testing session.

... but I don't give so much credit to these whispers :well:

As long as 1 car is ready, that would be progress for this week, PDLR & LPS may tell us more this evening?

#1074 Mastah

Mastah

• 3,679 posts

Posted 29 February 2012 - 18:57

Jon Noble ‏ @NobleF1
Pedro de la Rosa says he hopes new HRT is ready for Sunday - if not, there is a chance it could run on Monday (straightline or film day)

#1075 showtime

showtime

• 2,585 posts

Posted 29 February 2012 - 19:51

He also said the car was designed to have KERS but it won't be used for the first races.

#1076 cbbcisace

cbbcisace

• 1,081 posts

Posted 29 February 2012 - 20:00

He also said the car was designed to have KERS but it won't be used for the first races.

Quite sensible for HRT to do this I think, but I hope they use it once back from the flyaways.

#1077 Morbus

Morbus

• 439 posts

Posted 29 February 2012 - 20:19

Yup, HRT will run the car on Friday morning for the first time, yet again... It wouldn't be three years in a row if for the first year they would have run on Friday AT ALL...

Oh, and should I mention that their car probably has no updates AT ALL since the beginning of testing because they were all worried about getting it to pass the tests instead of developing the car? So, effectively, HRT will run the car they should be testing in February on the first race of the season.

And will probably fail to qualify too.

HRT TO BANKRUPTCY!!!!

#1078 xxiiooiixx

xxiiooiixx

• 100 posts

Posted 29 February 2012 - 20:56

Yup, HRT will run the car on Friday morning for the first time, yet again... It wouldn't be three years in a row if for the first year they would have run on Friday AT ALL...

Oh, and should I mention that their car probably has no updates AT ALL since the beginning of testing because they were all worried about getting it to pass the tests instead of developing the car? So, effectively, HRT will run the car they should be testing in February on the first race of the season.

And will probably fail to qualify too.

HRT TO BANKRUPTCY!!!!

Don't be too sure of yourself! :drunk: :drunk: :drunk:

#1079 puxanando

puxanando

• 3,538 posts

Posted 29 February 2012 - 21:14

I wish a big bag Luck for HRT! :)

Advertisement

#1080 Showty

Showty

• 1,260 posts

Posted 29 February 2012 - 22:15

Man, i gotta love what HRT has being doing since the Thesan people came into play.

They had built a serious F1 in a few months, obviously they had some things already done, but just a few and not the main ones by far.

You could think just because they are using common sense and doing things the right way that that is the normal thing, but it´s not, not these days and not in F1, specially considering the mess HRT was a few months ago and the limited budget they have.

New CEO, new team principal, new engineers, new employees, new drivers, new headquarters, brand new car, KERS...slowly but safely, one step a a time.

And besides, now u can really tell this is a spanish team, i truly want the best for them, they deserve it.

#1081 Morbus

Morbus

• 439 posts

Posted 29 February 2012 - 22:47

Man, i gotta love what HRT has being doing since the Thesan people came into play.

They had built a serious F1 in a few months, obviously they had some things already done, but just a few and not the main ones by far.

You could think just because they are using common sense and doing things the right way that that is the normal thing, but it´s not, not these days and not in F1, specially considering the mess HRT was a few months ago and the limited budget they have.

New CEO, new team principal, new engineers, new employees, new drivers, new headquarters, brand new car, KERS...slowly but safely, one step a a time.

And besides, now u can really tell this is a spanish team, i truly want the best for them, they deserve it.

You know someone's Spanish when they say "has being doing". Not when they defend HRT, that's perfectly reasonable, when they say "has being doing".;)

#1082 xxiiooiixx

xxiiooiixx

• 100 posts

Posted 29 February 2012 - 23:27

:up: Me 2 ! They look like they are a different team, very positive, very realistic and controlled. When there was bad news they didn't try to spin it or lie but said it as it was. HRT's PR seems very aware of opinions and over the winter were very quick to react to rumors. Unlike last year HRT at times were quite oblivious of public opinion and we hardly heard news for long periods of time, so fans were left to speculate. I think HRT have realized the importance of communicating with their fans.

Apart from the cancelled test last week due to the failed CT, Luis Perez-Sala kept his word that they would keep things realistic and only announce things when they were certain.
I really hope they have a big new sponsor to announce with the unveiling of the new car!

Edited by xxiiooiixx, 29 February 2012 - 23:29.

#1083 cbbcisace

cbbcisace

• 1,081 posts

Posted 29 February 2012 - 23:29

:up: Me 2 ! They look like they are a different team, very positive, very realistic and controlled. When there was bad news they didn't try to spin it or lie but said it as it was. HRT's PR seems very aware of opinions and over the winter their PR were very quick to react to rumors. Unlike last year HRT at times were quite oblivious of public opinion and we hardly heard news for long periods of time, so fans were left to speculate. I think HRT have realized the importance of communicating with their fans.

Apart from the cancelled test last week due to the failed CT, Luis Perez-Sala kept his word that they would keep things realistic and only announce things when they were certain.
I really hope they have a big new sponsor to announce with the unveiling of the new car!

All i want to see now, after a lot of improvement of certain things over the winter, staff etc, is the car roll out for the first time.

OK so its not ideal, it may only be a day etc but it will get a shakedown and at least Pedro/Narain can get straight out in P1 at Australia with no problems. :up:

#1084 xxiiooiixx

xxiiooiixx

• 100 posts

Posted 29 February 2012 - 23:44

All i want to see now, after a lot of improvement of certain things over the winter, staff etc, is the car roll out for the first time.

OK so its not ideal, it may only be a day etc but it will get a shakedown and at least Pedro/Narain can get straight out in P1 at Australia with no problems. :up:

Yes I hope so. HRT might not be able to compete much with speed, so reliability & consistency is very important. The other 2 closest teams have some rookies so with some luck they wont be so consistent so we hope that this can bring some advantage.

I am trying not to believe they will only have 1 day.

Good Luck HRT :clap:

#1085 Petroltorque

Petroltorque

• 1,609 posts

Posted 01 March 2012 - 06:27

It sounds unlikely that HRT will get any running at BCN. Perez Sala sounds pessimistic. I suspect that they won't end up running KERS at all this season, which will proove interesting since weight distriburion and cooling will be optimised around it.
I'm sure failing the crash tests had some adverse effect but the present problem is down to starting the project so late. Hence any delays from their suppliers will affect the whole program.
They might be able to do a 50 km shakedown prior to shipping the cars out, but I don't give them much chance of getting under thr 107% at Melbourne.

Edited by Petroltorque, 01 March 2012 - 08:40.

#1086 Showty

Showty

• 1,260 posts

Posted 01 March 2012 - 08:26

It sounds unlikely that HRT will get any running at BCN. Perez Sala sounds pessimistic. I suspect that they won't end up running KERS at all this season, which will proove interesting since weight distriburion and cooling will be optimised around it.
I'm sure failing the crash tests had some averse effect but the present problem is down to starting the project so late. Hence any delays from their suppliers will affect the whole program.
They might be able to do a 50 km shakedown prior to shipping the cars out, but I don't give them much chance of getting under thr 107% at Melbourne.

Looks difficult, also the thing is Luis has a very realistic "not letting hopes go too high" approach, which i think is right given the situation HRT is, they might be able to bring the car on sunday but surely they want people to be aware that is a difficult task.

If u listen to Pedro he always sound more confident.

KERS will certainly be a problem if they don´t use it, the car is designed about it, so it can really affect the performance if they don´t bring it, i do think they will use it later in the season, perhaps they will introduce it during one of those crazy months with 3 races when they can test it a lot in a short period of time.

#1087 Owen

Owen

• 10,450 posts

Posted 01 March 2012 - 13:16

ok, no car. But behold the motorhome!
https://twitter.com/#!/NobleF1/status/1...1663232/photo/1

#1088 The Ragged Edge

The Ragged Edge

• 4,435 posts

Posted 01 March 2012 - 13:26

ok, no car. But behold the motorhome!
https://twitter.com/#!/NobleF1/status/1...1663232/photo/1

It's at least a start, the same can't be said for the shambles of an operation that is Marussia. ;)

#1089 Showty

Showty

• 1,260 posts

Posted 01 March 2012 - 13:31

It's at least a start, the same can't be said for the shambles of an operation that is Marussia.;)

It doesn´t make me happy that a team is struggling even more than HRT, the success, at least in running the teams properly, of these teams is a key for F1 future i think, they have to prove it can be done without trillions of $.

We all should support teams like HRT and Marussia, they might be rivals on the track but surely they share the will to success with much less resources than the rest of the field, we need them to succeed, i do want them to. :up:

#1090 lemec

lemec

• 286 posts

Posted 01 March 2012 - 13:57

... seems that the target is.

Saturday: Car unveiled + shakedown
Sunday: Testing
Monday: (Fake) Filming

(more creditable rumours, but just rumours)

#1091 cbbcisace

cbbcisace

• 1,081 posts

Posted 01 March 2012 - 14:25

... seems that the target is.

Saturday: Car unveiled + shakedown
Sunday: Testing
Monday: (Fake) Filming

(more creditable rumours, but just rumours)

That would be a good few days for HRT if it could happen!

#1092 Brandz07

Brandz07

• 3,160 posts

Posted 01 March 2012 - 14:30

I'm liking the white and gold route they're going down, the last 2 years they've had very weak branding.

#1093 cbbcisace

cbbcisace

• 1,081 posts

Posted 01 March 2012 - 18:54

Another new sponsor KH-7

http://www.hrtf1team...-1-con-hrt.html

#1094 understeer

understeer

• 204 posts

Posted 02 March 2012 - 01:03

"We are working flat out and Narain will be in Germany, where the car is being built, to do seat fitting Friday and will fly to Barcelona Saturday like everybody else," a HRT official told IANS.

http://sports.ndtv.c...ng-against-time

#1095 Owen

Owen

• 10,450 posts

Posted 02 March 2012 - 21:03

@andrewbensonf1
Anyone interested in HRT progress - they will now decide on Saturday am whether new car can make it to Barcelona. Talk about last minute
twitter

#1096 cbbcisace

cbbcisace

• 1,081 posts

Posted 02 March 2012 - 21:20

@andrewbensonf1
Anyone interested in HRT progress - they will now decide on Saturday am whether new car can make it to Barcelona. Talk about last minute
twitter

Yeah looking touch and go now!

#1097 Showty

Showty

• 1,260 posts

Posted 02 March 2012 - 21:23

@andrewbensonf1
twitter

I hope that "now" is before 3am or something like that :lol:

#1098 cbbcisace

cbbcisace

• 1,081 posts

Posted 02 March 2012 - 21:28

I hope that "now" is before 3am or something like that :lol:

Yes would have to be early, they are working 24 hour days accordingly!

#1099 Owen

Owen

• 10,450 posts

Posted 02 March 2012 - 21:33

Yes would have to be early, they are working 24 hour days accordingly!

Seriously those guys must be grafting real hard right now!

Advertisement

#1100 cbbcisace

cbbcisace

• 1,081 posts

Posted 02 March 2012 - 21:42

Seriously those guys must be grafting real hard right now!

exactly, thats why I won't HRT to get some running at Barcelona..