Photo

HRT 2012 Thread

• Please log in to reply
2071 replies to this topic

#1101 cbbcisace

cbbcisace

• 1,081 posts

Posted 02 March 2012 - 22:02

EliGP: @lundo88 No decision yet, as far as I know. Which means they are trying until the very last moment

In response to me asking about HRT!

Advertisement

#1102 xxiiooiixx

xxiiooiixx

• 100 posts

Posted 02 March 2012 - 22:15

exactly, thats why I won't HRT to get some running at Barcelona..

They will make it I have faith!

If HRT only passed the crash tests last week and still cant make it till now, then maybe Virgin need to pass their CT very soon or else they will be struggling to get their car out in Australia? I don't wish that on them but how things have turned!
There was an article in the Indian press yesterday saying that Narain was going to be in Germany today to fit his seat and flying out to Barcelona on Saturday with everyone.

#1103 cbbcisace

cbbcisace

• 1,081 posts

Posted 02 March 2012 - 22:20

They will make it I have faith!

If HRT only passed the crash tests last week and still cant make it till now, then maybe Virgin need to pass their CT very soon or else they will be struggling to get their car out in Australia? I don't wish that on them but how things have turned!
There was an article in the Indian press yesterday saying that Narain was going to be in Germany today to fit his seat and flying out to Barcelona on Saturday with everyone.

Exactly.. Narain was supposed to have his seat fit today for the F112, Pedro has had his done already :)

#1104 Petroltorque

Petroltorque

• 1,721 posts

Posted 03 March 2012 - 06:27

@andrewbensonf1
Anyone interested in HRT progress - they will now decide on Saturday am whether new car can make it to Barcelona. Talk about last minute
twitter

I think the timeline for shipping out to Aus is to be ready for DHL pickup on Tuesday and then Shipment on Thursday. So if the cars are not already in Barca the timelines won't fit unless they ship out from Germany.

Edited by Petroltorque, 03 March 2012 - 06:30.

#1105 cbbcisace

cbbcisace

• 1,081 posts

Posted 03 March 2012 - 06:31

I think the timeline for shipping out to Aus is to be ready for DHL pickup on Tuesday and then Shipment on Thursday. So if the cars are not already in Barca the timelines won't fit unless they ship out from Germany.

Could the cars not be flown out this morning and would that fit into schedule?

Edited by cbbcisace, 03 March 2012 - 06:31.

#1106 xxiiooiixx

xxiiooiixx

• 100 posts

Posted 03 March 2012 - 09:53

Could the cars not be flown out this morning and would that fit into schedule?

El Pais

Interesting story . They say out of 82 personnel 80% of the team are new

When Kolles left they were left with absolutely no equipment. so HRT have been in a buying frenzy and have been receiving 80-90% of the stuff whole week and have been unable to receive some and have no space to fit anything. Talk about leaving things late!

There are interesting figures on how much things cost. Wheel guns 4000euros each HRT bought 16, 160 units of "Rubber heaters" Tyre blankets HRT payed 220 000 euros.100 000 Euros in hand tools and 70 000 for the garage structures.

The newspaper says the team leave to Australia in 6 days time Make that 5 days from the time between when they interviewed HRT and wrote the article. So it looks as if HRT can still make it to Barcelona without missing the flight to Australia. So If 90% of the teams equipment is in Barcelona then the car can easily go with it to Australia.

Another thing that concerns me during the last 2 years Didn't Carabante buy any equipment? I seem to remember him saying that he put in some cash to buy new equipment. So what happened to that?

Edited by xxiiooiixx, 03 March 2012 - 09:57.

#1107 cbbcisace

cbbcisace

• 1,081 posts

Posted 03 March 2012 - 10:03

El Pais

Interesting story . They say out of 82 personnel 80% of the team are new

When Kolles left they were left with absolutely no equipment. so HRT have been in a buying frenzy and have been receiving 80-90% of the stuff whole week and have been unable to receive some and have no space to fit anything. Talk about leaving things late!

There are interesting figures on how much things cost. Wheel guns 4000euros each HRT bought 16, 160 units of "Rubber heaters" Tyre blankets HRT payed 220 000 euros.100 000 Euros in hand tools and 70 000 for the garage structures.

The newspaper says the team leave to Australia in 6 days time Make that 5 days from the time between when they interviewed HRT and wrote the article. So it looks as if HRT can still make it to Barcelona without missing the flight to Australia. So If 90% of the teams equipment is in Barcelona then the car can easily go with it to Australia.

Another thing that concerns me during the last 2 years Didn't Carabante buy any equipment? I seem to remember him saying that he put in some cash to buy new equipment. So what happened to that?

To be honest the previous owners had no clue to be honest :p

#1108 olliek88

olliek88

• 4,049 posts

Posted 03 March 2012 - 11:08

HRT aren't going to make testing, aiming for a filming day on Monday.

Would love to know who they're filming for!

#1109 Owen

Owen

• 10,528 posts

Posted 03 March 2012 - 11:09

:well:

#1110 cbbcisace

cbbcisace

• 1,081 posts

Posted 03 March 2012 - 11:12

I did say this yesterday...

#1111 Petroltorque

Petroltorque

• 1,721 posts

Posted 03 March 2012 - 12:03

One would hope that with a change of ownership would have come an improvement in credibiilty. It would have simpler just to do a Marussia and say they could not make the tests.

Edited by Petroltorque, 03 March 2012 - 12:05.

#1112 Showty

Showty

• 1,262 posts

Posted 03 March 2012 - 14:11

One would hope that with a change of ownership would have come an improvement in credibiilty. It would have simpler just to do a Marussia and say they could not make the tests.

If there´s something HRT has gained with new ownership that is credibility.

Marussia couldn´t make it to the tests because they didn´t pass the crash tests, HRT did.

They built a whole new structure almost from 0, that in a few months time.

80% of the HRT employees are new, 90% of the material had to be bought, they have a new car, new ownership, new team manager, new drivers, new mechanics...new almost everything.

At this point, while it´s a pity they couldn´t make it to Barcelona, i only have to say kudos to them, HRT looks now like a proper F1 team.

#1113 jamiegc

jamiegc

• 2,429 posts

Posted 03 March 2012 - 15:42

So are HRT going to unveil their livery or just leave it as a guess who with Marussia in FP1....

#1114 cbbcisace

cbbcisace

• 1,081 posts

Posted 03 March 2012 - 15:57

So are HRT going to unveil their livery or just leave it as a guess who with Marussia in FP1....

I'm hoping a presentation may happen tomorrow and then he "filming day" happens on Monday!

#1115 goldenboy

goldenboy

• 3,447 posts

Posted 03 March 2012 - 16:31

It doesn´t make me happy that a team is struggling even more than HRT, the success, at least in running the teams properly, of these teams is a key for F1 future i think, they have to prove it can be done without trillions of $.

We all should support teams like HRT and Marussia, they might be rivals on the track but surely they share the will to success with much less resources than the rest of the field, we need them to succeed, i do want them to. :up:

well said. I have no respect for and am a little sickened by the people who seem to enjoy revelling in their struggle.

#1116 Petroltorque

Petroltorque

• 1,721 posts

Posted 03 March 2012 - 16:34

If there´s something HRT has gained with new ownership that is credibility.

Marussia couldn´t make it to the tests because they didn´t pass the crash tests, HRT did.

They built a whole new structure almost from 0, that in a few months time.

80% of the HRT employees are new, 90% of the material had to be bought, they have a new car, new ownership, new team manager, new drivers, new mechanics...new almost everything.

At this point, while it´s a pity they couldn´t make it to Barcelona, i only have to say kudos to them, HRT looks now like a proper F1 team.

My point about credibilty was insisting they would participate in the Barcelona tests and then having to admit that they could not. At present the structure is a race team but external consultant lead design with external fabrication and assembly. The dynamic of present day F1 is that whereas you can commission fabrication externally you need design and build inhouse.

#1117 lemec

lemec

• 286 posts

Posted 03 March 2012 - 17:03

My point about credibilty was insisting they would participate in the Barcelona tests

The team never did such a statement.

Your assertion has no basis in reality

#1118 cbbcisace

cbbcisace

• 1,081 posts

Posted 03 March 2012 - 17:29

Pedro confirms in the Spanish media the filming day/test on Monday.

#1119 Berlinette

Berlinette

• 49 posts

Posted 03 March 2012 - 17:31

The team never did such a statement.

Didn't LPS say their main goal was to be in Barcelona's first test? Didn't their spokeswoman insist that they were trying to make the two last days of testing?

If new owners decided to change more than half of the team, it was their choice.

And Marussia's situation is pathetic, but at least its big names (Symonds, Booth, Lowndon) have been the ones to speak ahead of media in hard times. Where is Ruíz de Marcos? Where is Pérez Sala? That doens't help to maintain confidence on the team, but I imagine that Arzak meals are enough to shut up Spanish media...

Advertisement

#1120 MustangSally

MustangSally

• 372 posts

Posted 03 March 2012 - 18:22

Um, I think it's HRT and Marussia who have no basis in reality.

I'm seriously wondering whether either car - at this point in time both only fictional - will manage even the allotted 62k of 'filming running'.

Edited by MustangSally, 03 March 2012 - 18:23.

#1121 cbbcisace

cbbcisace

• 1,081 posts

Posted 03 March 2012 - 18:28

I'm seriously wondering whether either car - at this point in time both only fictional - will manage even the allotted 62k of 'filming running'.

We will see.... :p

#1122 cbbcisace

cbbcisace

• 1,081 posts

Posted 03 March 2012 - 19:05

“@alanbaldwinf1: Talked to @narainracing who sounded in good spirits despite HRT being unable to get their car to Barcelona in time for final test.”

“@alanbaldwinf1: He's in Germany, where the car is being finished. but hoping HRT can do a filming day in Barcelona on Monday.”

“@alanbaldwinf1: The HRT is being built at Inningen, near Augsburg, and not in Greding. That's Colin Kolles territory.”

#1123 cbbcisace

cbbcisace

• 1,081 posts

Posted 03 March 2012 - 19:11

De la Rosa: "It seems that on Monday we can make a few kilometers"
The 'filming day' on Monday is vital for the Spanish team
HRT may not shoot tomorrow in the final day of testing the circuit, yet the team led by Perez-Sala has aimed to accumulate miles in a day filming private. Pedro de la Rosa has talked about this and more in a press conference at the team motorhome.

After hearing the news this morning that the HRT F112 will not be ready to take part in tests of maañana, the Spanish team a new target is marked so he could earn some shooting before reaching the GP of Australia. "Make a day filming would be important for us," admitted Pedro de la Rosa today at his press conference. "It seems that on Monday we can make some miles."

"I'm very happy, but aware of the amount of work ahead, because we have two months late and with virtually no preseason began. We're going to have to do to 100%."

"The first six months will be very hard because the car is back to 100%, is all new, not an evolution or other equipment. Addition, the team is also new in 80 or 90%. Will be difficult months but interesting. "

"Sinceramenmte, my contribution so far is 0, you have to work on the car, drive it so we can work on it and let them see our work. For now the struggle is between mechanical and inegeniros, working 24 hours a day to bring the car to Barcelona. "

"Yes there is some bitter aftertaste, but I'm surprised that we are here and more likely to train on Monday. Make the filming day is not 100% sure if we shot Monday for me is a victory, hoping to go to Austrlaia without training. 10, 15 or 20 laps will be a victory. "

"The important thing is that if there is a serious problem in the car several days of work, you can do from here to Australia. The seat I did 48 hours ago, you have to polish it to be comfortable in the new car."

"We still have not seen it whole, I've seen in photo and the monocoque for the seat, but not assembled in one piece. I'm not objective, I loved it, but when you've been waiting for months to see your new car can not be otherwise manner. Thursday when I left Munich he was beginning to decorate. She looked good, though, the trend is around the paddock, that jump in the nose pretty bad. Logic says that where we ended last year HRT other members. struggling with Virgin ".

"Dani (Clos) has experience, has run with HRT, knows something the team and is a good driver. The more we can train more is going to involve Dani. At the moment I tasted and I, little can bring."

Exerts above from Pedro today.

Edited by cbbcisace, 03 March 2012 - 19:15.

#1124 lemec

lemec

• 286 posts

Posted 03 March 2012 - 19:28

Didn't LPS say their main goal was to be in Barcelona's first test? Didn't their spokeswoman insist that they were trying to make the two last days of testing?

As you say ... "goal" & "trying" ... which is quite different than "insisting they would participate".

If you don't see that I can't help you.

#1125 lemec

lemec

• 286 posts

Posted 03 March 2012 - 19:34

unrelated and bs :down:

#1126 xxiiooiixx

xxiiooiixx

• 100 posts

Posted 03 March 2012 - 20:17

unrelated and bs :down:

these people that talk such nonsense about HRT and Marussa don't really know what they are talking about, they don't really follow the full stories behind these teams to understand what is really going on to the extent of most us fans. They only react to bad news but you never hear from them when something positive happens.

#1127 cbbcisace

cbbcisace

• 1,081 posts

Posted 03 March 2012 - 20:56

Full interview from Alan Baldwin @ Retuers

New HRT is a step up - Karthikeyan
03 March 2012, 21:57

HRT hope to run their new Formula One car for the first time on Monday after failing to make the final pre-season test in Spain this weekend, Indian driver Narain Karthikeyan said on Saturday.

Karthikeyan told Reuters by telephone from Spain that the Spanish-based team had sought permission for a filming day at Barcelona's Circuit de Catalunya so they could get at least 100km of running.

He said mechanics at the factory in Inningen, near Augsburg, were working around the clock to meet the deadline.

"I've seen the car and it looks a lot better (than last year's)," said India's first grand prix driver and the only one to have scored points, albeit a fourth place with Jordan in the six-car US Grand Prix of 2005.

"We have a lot of experienced people in the team and everyone knows what they are doing. This is not a Mickey Mouse team. We are definitely in a better position than last year," added the 35-year-old.

The team have yet to score a point after two seasons and finished 11th out of 12 last year.

HRT had hoped to take part in the final Barcelona test after passing mandatory crash checks last month but Karthikeyan said there had been just too much work to cram into the time available.

The session ends on Sunday with no further testing allowed until a three-day spell scheduled for Italy's Mugello circuit in August. The season starts in Australia on March 18.

"We basically needed another 24 hours," said Karthikeyan.

The team, who are now under new Spanish ownership after the departure of previous team principal Colin Kolles, did not race in Australia last year after failing to set the required qualifying time with an untested car.

They also failed to test in 2010.

British-based Marussia, formerly Virgin Racing, have also failed to run their new car before Melbourne and are expected to line up a filming day of their own once their car has passed its final mandatory crash test.

#1128 MustangSally

MustangSally

• 372 posts

Posted 03 March 2012 - 21:31

these people that talk such nonsense about HRT and Marussa don't really know what they are talking about

Well, then, how about what Pedro De La Rosa says of the car today, quote:

"We still have not seen it whole, I've seen in photo and the monocoque for the seat, but not assembled in one piece. :lol:

The car is still a fantasy, not reality. And maybe that other team could change its name to Mirage_ia?

#1129 showtime

showtime

• 2,585 posts

Posted 03 March 2012 - 21:42

"We still have not seen it whole, I've seen in photo and the monocoque for the seat, but not assembled in one piece. :lol:

The car is still a fantasy, not reality. And maybe that other team could change its name to Mirage_ia?

He's not in Germany where the car is. He's in Barcelona with Dani Clos.

Posted Image

#1130 cbbcisace

cbbcisace

• 1,081 posts

Posted 03 March 2012 - 21:48

I'll raise you a Narain Quote:-"I've seen the car and it looks a lot better (than last year's),"

Maybe the car is not a fantasy!! :rotfl:

#1131 xxiiooiixx

xxiiooiixx

• 100 posts

Posted 03 March 2012 - 22:29

I'll raise you a Narain Quote:-"I've seen the car and it looks a lot better (than last year's),"

Maybe the car is not a fantasy!! :rotfl:

Ha ha!! :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Edited by xxiiooiixx, 03 March 2012 - 22:30.

#1132 xxiiooiixx

xxiiooiixx

• 100 posts

Posted 03 March 2012 - 22:51

Maybe Like luscious liz we should give the first F112 a name . I propose "The Phantom" .

#1133 lemec

lemec

• 286 posts

Posted 03 March 2012 - 22:52

Edited by lemec, 04 March 2012 - 09:52.

#1134 showtime

showtime

• 2,585 posts

Posted 03 March 2012 - 22:59

Maybe Like luscious liz we should give the first F112 a name . I propose "The Phantom" .

I like it :clap:

#1135 xxiiooiixx

xxiiooiixx

• 100 posts

Posted 03 March 2012 - 23:05

I like it :clap:

Yes but just realized Rolls Royce will sue us like what happened to Ferarri vs Ford. So maybe in Spanish "El Fantasma" Im sure that will please the critics.

#1136 cbbcisace

cbbcisace

• 1,081 posts

Posted 04 March 2012 - 13:55

http://translate.goo...6V7knuCnbcZ8s4g

Car Started and Fired Up!

#1137 Showty

Showty

• 1,262 posts

Posted 04 March 2012 - 15:12

Pedro was in Barcelona today, he was interviewed by Antena 3, he said it looks certain HRT will do some kms tomorrow with tne new car, he´s more than happy with that and he promised they will improve, it´ll be a difficult first part of the season, but they´ll get better every race.

Nira Juanco also added the car was already fired up and trucks will leave the factory in Germany in a few hours.

#1138 cbbcisace

cbbcisace

• 1,081 posts

Posted 04 March 2012 - 15:17

Pedro was in Barcelona today, he was interviewed by Antena 3, he said it looks certain HRT will do some kms tomorrow with tne new car, he´s more than happy with that and he promised they will improve, it´ll be a difficult first part of the season, but they´ll get better every race.

Nira Juanco also added the car was already fired up and trucks will leave the factory in Germany in a few hours.

Good News!!

#1139 showtime

showtime

• 2,585 posts

Posted 04 March 2012 - 15:18

That has to be wrong, we all know that car is a fantasy.

Advertisement

#1140 Showty

Showty

• 1,262 posts

Posted 04 March 2012 - 15:25

Well, surely those who know that much would be happy to learn something more today : sometimes fantasy becomes reality. :cool:

#1141 MustangSally

MustangSally

• 372 posts

Posted 04 March 2012 - 15:26

Firing up a photo of an artist's impression is indeed very advanced virtual technology. It's a pity the reporter wasn't actually in Germany so he could imagine it as it happened.

#1142 cbbcisace

cbbcisace

• 1,081 posts

Posted 04 March 2012 - 17:04

“@EliGP: HRT will run tomorrow at Barcelona” :up:

#1143 walkindude

walkindude

• 867 posts

Posted 04 March 2012 - 17:08

I for one,will never doubt survival tactics of HRT.I wish them the best.

#1144 Showty

Showty

• 1,262 posts

Posted 04 March 2012 - 18:20

http://www.as.com/mo...dasdasmot_5/Tes

HRT finally confirmed they will run the car tomorrow in Barcelona for a filming session, Karthikeyan would drive the new car, i guess it´s due to him being at Germany these days and perhaps knowing more about the car than Pedro.

#1145 lemec

lemec

• 286 posts

Posted 04 March 2012 - 19:15

http://www.hrtf1team...n-montmelo.html

#1146 sniper80

sniper80

• 525 posts

Posted 04 March 2012 - 19:25

this team is unbelievable. They hire de la Rosa as a well-rated test driver, but then Kartikeyan will be the first to drive the new car. Amazing decisions there :D

#1147 cbbcisace

cbbcisace

• 1,081 posts

Posted 04 March 2012 - 19:31

this team is unbelievable. They hire de la Rosa as a well-rated test driver, but then Kartikeyan will be the first to drive the new car. Amazing decisions there :D

I think Money may come into it... :cool:

#1148 qwertyu

qwertyu

• 83 posts

Posted 04 March 2012 - 20:08

Tomorrow there is not much to test.
They will be able to check everything is working or fixing bugs... so it doesn't matter much who's driving the car...
Anyway they have to run at restricted rpms and 100km max...

Edited by qwertyu, 04 March 2012 - 20:09.

#1149 cbbcisace

cbbcisace

• 1,081 posts

Posted 04 March 2012 - 20:11

Tomorrow there is not much to test.
They will be able to check everything is working or fixing bugs... so it doesn't matter much who's driving the car...
Anyway they have to run at restricted rpms and 100km max...

they can run the car at full speed, its just 100km though..

#1150 MustangSally

MustangSally

• 372 posts

Posted 04 March 2012 - 20:29

It is because Narain has the necessary mystical and supernatural powers to drive imaginary laps. Narain has received a vision of the HRT supercar, but unbelievers like Pedro can only see a few spare washers short of a spanner. It is his misfortune.