Posted 05 March 2012 - 20:14

The Phantom Loves the dark!

:lol:

Advertisement

#1302 freya

freya

• 1,585 posts

Posted 05 March 2012 - 20:40

I just dislike the fact that NK drives here. He managed to be a pain last year with some dangerous and annoying antics during blue flags. He is trouble waiting to happen IMO.

Aside from that great looking car. If it wasn't for pat symonds charisma I would love them to beat the other 2 new teams eventually.

#1303 sniper80

sniper80

• 519 posts

Posted 05 March 2012 - 20:52

No wonder they still have Liuzzi as reserve driver. Karthikeyan will not finish the year ;)
The lack of sponsors is well... worrying!

#1304 xtremespeedjunkie

xtremespeedjunkie

• 293 posts

Posted 05 March 2012 - 21:10

One of the best liveries out of all teams. It reminds me of the 2008 Force India. I like it!

+1

#1305 xtremespeedjunkie

xtremespeedjunkie

• 293 posts

Posted 05 March 2012 - 21:16

Is he a bit annoyed that he is a former McLaren mechanic, get a life son.. :drunk:

Grapes are sour..

I mean Kudos to HRT for passing all the crash times and getting the car ready for the first race :up:

Some people are always petty minded. Its easy to laugh at a guy who is down but it takes a lot to lend a helping hand. As i have said not all the team have resources of Ferari/Mclaren .

#1306 hulmerist

hulmerist

• 1,026 posts

Posted 05 March 2012 - 21:23

the thing with hrt is, they haven't really made much progress

same goes for virgin/marussia too

caterham are now easily ahead of those two and are not far away from tagging onto the back of the midfield teams, if they're not making progress it either means bad management or lack of funding, probably the latter, which makes the whole projects pointless, what's the point of just existing in f1 and plodding around at the back of the grid getting in the way

#1307 xxiiooiixx

xxiiooiixx

• 100 posts

Posted 05 March 2012 - 21:25

Grapes are sour..

I mean Kudos to HRT for passing all the crash times and getting the car ready for the first race :up:

Some people are always petty minded. Its easy to laugh at a guy who is down but it takes a lot to lend a helping hand. As i have said not all the team have resources of Ferari/Mclaren .

:up: So true

#1308 DanardiF1

DanardiF1

• 6,495 posts

Posted 05 March 2012 - 21:29

the thing with hrt is, they haven't really made much progress

same goes for virgin/marussia too

caterham are now easily ahead of those two and are not far away from tagging onto the back of the midfield teams, if they're not making progress it either means bad management or lack of funding, probably the latter, which makes the whole projects pointless, what's the point of just existing in f1 and plodding around at the back of the grid getting in the way

This HRT isn't the same team as the last two seasons. They've been left with a husk of a team, and the only reason they haven't made much 'progress' from previous years is that it's practically a new team.

Kudos to them for actually getting the car running, with a decent aero concept (only team to be blowing RW by looks of it, but Ferrari have tried it in one of their mashups) for a team of their resources. So what if the tub is a rejig of the old Dallara one, what is really that wrong with it?

#1309 cbbcisace

cbbcisace

• 1,081 posts

Posted 05 March 2012 - 21:41

This HRT isn't the same team as the last two seasons. They've been left with a husk of a team, and the only reason they haven't made much 'progress' from previous years is that it's practically a new team.

Kudos to them for actually getting the car running, with a decent aero concept (only team to be blowing RW by looks of it, but Ferrari have tried it in one of their mashups) for a team of their resources. So what if the tub is a rejig of the old Dallara one, what is really that wrong with it?

Exactly, its a good concept, but the tub is definitely new its slimmer and higher..

#1310 xtremespeedjunkie

xtremespeedjunkie

• 293 posts

Posted 05 March 2012 - 21:43

Exactly, its a good concept, but the tub is definitely new its slimmer and higher..

Yup looks a like an all new ground up design, i may be wrong though.

#1311 ali.unal

ali.unal

• 3,238 posts

Posted 05 March 2012 - 21:45

The team reported no setbacks during the test, which covered over ten laps.

Kind of...

#1312 D.M.N.

D.M.N.
  • RC Forum Host

• 7,146 posts

Posted 05 March 2012 - 21:50

Posted Image

Is that a HRT or a Super Aguri? :drunk:

#1313 cbbcisace

cbbcisace

• 1,081 posts

Posted 05 March 2012 - 21:50

Posted Image

Did Narain driver for Super Aguri? :rotfl:

#1314 cbbcisace

cbbcisace

• 1,081 posts

Posted 05 March 2012 - 21:51

Kind of...

What you mean?

#1315 icecream_man

icecream_man

• 1,031 posts

Posted 05 March 2012 - 21:58

Nice looking car, just hope they can qualify it in the first few races !

#1316 ali.unal

ali.unal

• 3,238 posts

Posted 05 March 2012 - 22:05

What you mean?

I should have explained myself better.

It was a funny remark, dare I say, mocking. "No setbacks for more than 10 laps" Really?

#1317 cbbcisace

cbbcisace

• 1,081 posts

Posted 05 March 2012 - 22:07

I should have explained myself better.

It was a funny remark, dare I say, mocking. "No setbacks for more than 10 laps" Really?

Nope your right, i remember FP1 in Australia when the car turned its self off...

#1318 Ulysses777

Ulysses777

• 64 posts

Posted 05 March 2012 - 22:21

That front wing is last years wing with the winglets removed...

Posted Image
Posted Image

#1319 hunnylander

hunnylander

• 4,448 posts

Posted 05 March 2012 - 22:21

Grapes are sour..

It's definitely not sour grapes for Marc and neither for me.

I think small teams have their places on the grid and I appreciate their big efforts and understand their troubles. :)

Advertisement

#1320 lambylamby

lambylamby

• 549 posts

Posted 05 March 2012 - 22:24

It's definitely not sour grapes for Marc and neither for me.

I think small teams have their places on the grid and I appreciate their big efforts and understand their troubles. :)

here here, I agree.

#1321 Igorr

Igorr

• 222 posts

Posted 05 March 2012 - 23:04

horrible livery...

#1322 TF110

TF110

• 770 posts

Posted 06 March 2012 - 00:11

^You think it's finished? I think there's advertisers to be placed on there yet. I don't think they have their final aero package on there either. Probably still developing the final parts and should be IMO. I'd concentrate on the shakedown and system checks, getting everything sorted. Then worry about the aero parts and the final livery come the first practice session for Australia.

#1323 DanardiF1

DanardiF1

• 6,495 posts

Posted 06 March 2012 - 00:17

What was missing from that car;

A current spec front wing (that is not what they will race with, I'm sure)
Barge boards

Not much really is it, and for a small team that can't afford to produce endless iterations of aero pieces alá Red Bull, saving the manufacturing until the last moment to allow for as much design time is the best option.

#1324 fieraku

fieraku

• 5,304 posts

Posted 06 March 2012 - 00:33

Posted Image

"Candy Cane"

#1325 teejay

teejay

• 3,590 posts

Posted 06 March 2012 - 00:59

I hope they are well within 107% come Melbourne - these guys must fight tooth and nail with the resources they have. Passion for the sport is always welcome.

#1326 understeer

understeer

• 204 posts

Posted 06 March 2012 - 01:12

What was missing from that car;
A current spec front wing (that is not what they will race with, I'm sure)

are you sure ? Look at this 2009 VJM02 front wing. So you don't need a complicated front wing to get a decent car.

Posted Image

#1327 Kerch

Kerch

• 1,064 posts

Posted 06 March 2012 - 01:37

are you sure ? Look at this 2009 VJM02 front wing. So you don't need a complicated front wing to get a decent car.

That was common for 2009 launch cars.

This is what it was like at the end of the season:

Posted Image

#1328 DanardiF1

DanardiF1

• 6,495 posts

Posted 06 March 2012 - 01:54

Well seeing as it's even more basic than the wing they ran last year (in that it IS last year's wing minus the cascades), they'll presumably have just painted the most readily available wing to go and run the car with. I personally envisage a FW similar to what Caterham and STR run, which use a set plane area and a set, but cut and twisted, endplate section. The top teams mostly run hybrid wings that merge the plane and endplate, but that takes a lot of time and money to get right for the car.

Also, saying it was alright for 2009 cars doesn't mean it's worth anything now in 2012... look at how far everyone has moved on from those basic wings.

That is not their race-ready Front wing. Even if they don't bring a new one, they'll have the 2011 version with the cascades on.

#1329 understeer

understeer

• 204 posts

Posted 06 March 2012 - 03:14

Videos of the launch ?

#1330 NotSoSilentBob

NotSoSilentBob

• 929 posts

Posted 06 March 2012 - 03:37

I would imagine getting someone to sponsor HRT after the last couple of years must be one of the hardest jobs in the world!

Hmmm.... negotiating sponsorship for HRT, or peace in the Middle East? I'll take the latter. :lol:

#1331 NotSoSilentBob

NotSoSilentBob

• 929 posts

Posted 06 March 2012 - 03:40

Look at who is standing on the left :D:

Posted Image

A prematurely balding Italian!

What is Liuzzi doing there?

Unless it's just the photo, it looks like he's been hanging around at the catering tent.

Edited by NotSoSilentBob, 06 March 2012 - 03:53.

#1332 Petroltorque

Petroltorque

• 1,567 posts

Posted 06 March 2012 - 06:16

^You think it's finished? I think there's advertisers to be placed on there yet. I don't think they have their final aero package on there either. Probably still developing the final parts and should be IMO. I'd concentrate on the shakedown and system checks, getting everything sorted. Then worry about the aero parts and the final livery come the first practice session for Australia.

No I don't think its finished but they needed some pre Melbourne track time to identify any major flaws. Scarbs analysis suggests the main difference is a higher front bulk head to the tub, they don't seem to have optimised the rear bodywork around the low line gearbox.......yet? The trend is not to blow the rear wing but to point the exhaust outlets down towards the floor and diffuser.

Edited by Petroltorque, 06 March 2012 - 06:21.

#1333 teejay

teejay

• 3,590 posts

Posted 06 March 2012 - 06:29

Panda as in panda cheese?

Never say no to panda!

#1334 ensign14

ensign14

• 36,870 posts

Posted 06 March 2012 - 08:14

I quite like the livery, but you'd think that on a car with acres of blank space they might have thought it a decent idea to put a number on it.

#1335 Showty

Showty

• 1,260 posts

Posted 06 March 2012 - 08:37

Apparently trucks are forbidden in France from Sat 10.00pm to Sun 10.00pm, that´s one of the reasons why the car arrived so late in Barcelona.

It had to be the french, of course. :lol:

#1336 prospeked

prospeked

• 15 posts

Posted 06 March 2012 - 08:43

I'm thinking HRT should give up on 2012 now and start developing their 2013 car that way they may have a chance of making the first test.

#1337 Owen

Owen

• 10,419 posts

Posted 06 March 2012 - 09:40

I'm don't mean to be negative as clearly they've gone to extraordinary lengths to get this car into shape in time but I'm now concerned that the gap between HRT and 'the rest' may actually have grown. They may find the only racing going on is between the two drivers. I hope this car has big mirrors that's all I'm saying...
Would actually love to be wrong as have big respect for PdlR.

#1338 Nycco

Nycco

• 264 posts

Posted 06 March 2012 - 09:43

Armchair aero experts are so funny... A nice wing doesn't have to be complicated. With this "ultra complicated" wing Alonso was almost champion two years ago.

Posted Image

Two years ago. You said it. in F1 technology a year is a light year

#1339 Nycco

Nycco

• 264 posts

Posted 06 March 2012 - 09:46

That front wing is last years wing with the winglets removed...

They had probably too much downforce at the front :lol:

Advertisement

#1340 dau

dau

• 4,569 posts

Posted 06 March 2012 - 11:16

Two years ago. You said it. in F1 technology a year is a light year

First, a light year is a unit of distance, not time. Second, a wing that was good for Ferrari back then would not be bad for HRT now. A complex, cluttered design does not necessarily have to be more sophisticated than a simple looking, clean one. And third, this is their launch wing, which is actually a simplified version of what they ran last year. I would expect them to start adding bits and pieces soon.

#1341 Petroltorque

Petroltorque

• 1,567 posts

Posted 06 March 2012 - 12:38

I'm sure HRT ran a 0 iteration package just to get a shakedown done. The test is whether they can put the first iteration together in time for Melbourne. The hope is to get a result early on while the larger teams find their feet.

#1342 lemec

lemec

• 286 posts

Posted 06 March 2012 - 12:48

Yep. That's sure.

It was rather dissapointing missing the tests just by a couple of days but is clear that once there the only point is getting the car on track in a "no matters what" way.

The work is done, the car it's homologated and all stuff is in place.

It's clearly a much better starting point that previous seasons.

#1343 hunnylander

hunnylander

• 4,448 posts

Posted 06 March 2012 - 12:50

Panda as in panda cheese?

Never say no to panda!

Panda Security

#1344 xxiiooiixx

xxiiooiixx

• 100 posts

Posted 06 March 2012 - 13:32

xt
I'm don't mean to be negative as clearly they've gone to extraordinary lengths to get this car into shape in time but I'm now concerned that the gap between HRT and 'the rest' may actually have grown. They may find the only racing going on is between the two drivers. I hope this car has big mirrors that's all I'm saying...
Would actually love to be wrong as have big respect for PdlR.

Yes I think they should start next years car very early,put things in place.Its obvious this team takes much longer. But maybe this depends on money .

#1345 lemec

lemec

• 286 posts

Posted 06 March 2012 - 14:33

Well the lack of resources is a reason but not "the reason"

Missing the tests by just a couple of days has to do also with managerial skills. Of course, because of the lack of money the management its much more difficult but that's not a surprise.

I've already said that I think that LPS is not the man for the job. That's really sad for me as I really loved him when driver as I loved Alain Prost and ... all we saw what happened when at the head of a team :well:

Edited by lemec, 06 March 2012 - 14:34.

#1346 understeer

understeer

• 204 posts

Posted 06 March 2012 - 16:15

found this video...

http://www.gpupdate....drives-new-hrt/

#1347 Showty

Showty

• 1,260 posts

Posted 06 March 2012 - 16:32

Well the lack of resources is a reason but not "the reason"

Missing the tests by just a couple of days has to do also with managerial skills. Of course, because of the lack of money the management its much more difficult but that's not a surprise.

I've already said that I think that LPS is not the man for the job. That's really sad for me as I really loved him when driver as I loved Alain Prost and ... all we saw what happened when at the head of a team :well:

Well, he just arrived and he nearly had to start the job from zero, literally, they had to buy almost 90% of the material needed, 80% of the employees are new too, also new headquarters, new car...everything.

I think they have done a great job so far, if they could had managed to pass the CT... they didn´t, so the note for me goes from excellent to great.

Next year would be a different thing, they would be asked to do the job in normal circunstances, if they don´t then we could say they failed, now kudos to them.

#1348 lemec

lemec

• 286 posts

Posted 06 March 2012 - 16:51

buying tools and hiring people is not as relevant.

The desing team was in place and unchanged and the chassis manufacturer is the same that previous season. No excuses by this side.

Isn't true neither that they're starting from scratch. Not only cos of the above but also because there are several key people that are there from the very first day, notably Angel Bahena and Toni Cuquerella who is now acting as TD although without formal appointment.

Agree that they did a great job ... but this is not my point.

My point is that money is no the sole problem. I'm afraid thatthe management is not the better possible. The lack of resources is hard to fix, the management it's easy to improve :well:

I'm pretty sure that Adrian Campos or Alfonso de Orleáns-Borbón would suit better to the job.

Edited by lemec, 06 March 2012 - 16:54.

#1349 Nycco

Nycco

• 264 posts

Posted 06 March 2012 - 17:26

First, a light year is a unit of distance, not time. Second, a wing that was good for Ferrari back then would not be bad for HRT now. A complex, cluttered design does not necessarily have to be more sophisticated than a simple looking, clean one. And third, this is their launch wing, which is actually a simplified version of what they ran last year. I would expect them to start adding bits and pieces soon.

Yeah, well the front wing of the MP4/4 of 1988 was also good for McLaren at the time and won them 15 races out of 16. It doesn't mean you can't do better today in 2012. Ok it's a launch version but look at other teams launch versions, and you'll understand that to be in F1 it requires a complete different dedication and work on details.

#1350 Blutch

Blutch

• 36 posts

Posted 06 March 2012 - 17:57

I hope they are well within 107% come Melbourne - these guys must fight tooth and nail with the resources they have. Passion for the sport is always welcome

Passion, or ridicule ?
At least, ridicule doesn't kill one.
I don't believe they will meet the 107%, but be allowed to take track :mad:

I'm don't mean to be negative as clearly they've gone to extraordinary lengths to get this car into shape in time but I'm now concerned that the gap between HRT and 'the rest' may actually have grown.

Read my mind ! Pffff...enough should be enough !

Stats : Never ranked in the World Championship - 37 Grands Prix - 3 no starts - 3 seasons - 1 engine builder - 9 drivers! - 3 models.