• Please log in to reply
2071 replies to this topic

#1601 Clatter

Clatter

• 27,231 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 17:44

HRT's luck isn't getting any better.

http://www.sport360....sian-grand-prix?
A tragedy of sorts was averted by an alert bus driver after a fire broke out in the hospitality area of the HRT F1 team in the early hours of Saturday morning at the Malaysian Grand Prix.

Surprised there was no reference to this at the weekend, or did I just miss it?

Advertisement

#1602 dau

dau

• 4,569 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 17:50

That's the Lotus hospitality fire we heard about, but that's the first time i hear HRT being involved.

http://www.autosport...rt.php/id/98313

#1603 cbbcisace

cbbcisace

• 1,081 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 17:50

HRT's luck isn't getting any better.

http://www.sport360....sian-grand-prix?
A tragedy of sorts was averted by an alert bus driver after a fire broke out in the hospitality area of the HRT F1 team in the early hours of Saturday morning at the Malaysian Grand Prix.

Surprised there was no reference to this at the weekend, or did I just miss it?

Was is not Lotus' Hospitality that was on fire, sure it was, the BBC spoke to Lotus about it..

#1604 Ulysses777

Ulysses777

• 64 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 18:46

Unless Raikkonen kept his overalls and helmet in the HRT hospitality area, it's somewhat safe to assume that the above hack doesn't know how to use copy+paste properly. :rolleyes:

#1605 Clatter

Clatter

• 27,231 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 19:05

Was is not Lotus' Hospitality that was on fire, sure it was, the BBC spoke to Lotus about it..

I hadn't seen anything about it.

#1606 Octavian

Octavian

• 703 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 19:36

In Q1 Pedro was 5.4 seconds off the quickest time and was on course to go near enough 1 sec quicker... OK Narain had a poor lap but it's not 6.5 seconds is it?? maybe last year!

5.4 in qualifying and 6.1 off the pace in the race (NK's race pace was worse than that) - hardly impressive figures for F1.

#1607 cbbcisace

cbbcisace

• 1,081 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 21:02

5.4 in qualifying and 6.1 off the pace in the race (NK's race pace was worse than that) - hardly impressive figures for F1.

:drunk: Why come in this thread and complain about a team and yet don't get the figures right? If you don't like them don't contribute to the thread.

But better than last year when it was consistently 6.0/7.0 seconds..

Must Improve!

Edited by cbbcisace, 26 March 2012 - 21:06.

#1608 xxiiooiixx

xxiiooiixx

• 100 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 21:38

Yes. They way Caterham had to wait till the last race of the year to confirm beating HRT is remarkable progress. They should also be appluaded for really squeezing that midfield just like they have promised to in the past year.

They have been marginally better on track than the other two new teams. The only thing they excel in is spin and PR.

Yes I agree its nothing but spin. I am sure if Marussia and HRT had the same levels of funding available then we would probably see them in a better position then Caterham.

I like Marussia and HRT because they are not trying to be something they are not, they are back markers and struggle to improve depending on their grit and determination. First the green team wanted to be Lotus after a big court case with the owners now they had to buy Caterham so they can replace their image with something else. Why do they need to resurrect some historic race names can they not be original and create their own image? Do they think a name creates a fast car? I clearly remember the team boasting that the will put some established teams to shame and this year they will be embarrassing some mid field teams. I have heard the same amount of broken promises coming from the Green team as the rest of the back markers.

#1609 Petroltorque

Petroltorque

• 1,601 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 12:28

No, not impressive in isolation but taken in context that's a different matter. HRT's base car was within 107% of the Ultimate pace. By that I mean Q3 pace, without the added track evolution that occurs throughout the qualifying session. That was achieved with a base car missing its definitive aero iteration and KERS and with only 300 Km running. The leading teams have already achieved 10 times that.
For the smaller teams finishing on the lead lap or at worse 1 lap down is a reasonable target. That requires being within 3 - 4% of the ultimate pace and we have yet to see where the true pace of this car lies. Its much too soon to judge this year's performance.

Edited by Petroltorque, 27 March 2012 - 18:13.

#1610 understeer

understeer

• 204 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 13:11

Explain how you got this data.

#1611 hunnylander

hunnylander

• 4,448 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 13:51

http://en.wikipedia....Prix#Qualifying

#1612 mprtc

mprtc

• 249 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 14:17

http://en.wikipedia....Prix#Qualifying

:up:

#1613 showtime

showtime

• 2,585 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 16:19

A big Spanish sponsor could be announced as soon as today. I hope that's more than a rumour...

#1614 dau

dau

• 4,569 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 16:44

A big Spanish sponsor could be announced as soon as today. I hope that's more than a rumour...

A popular bank maybe?

#1615 understeer

understeer

• 204 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 17:05

More money possibly in the pipeline as Force India and Marussia are going to apply against Caterham for spying. If successful Caterham could be stripped off two 10th place constructor posistion and all the money comes to HRT.

Edited by understeer, 27 March 2012 - 17:05.

#1616 Francesc

Francesc

• 2,338 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 17:09

Let's hope this is right. That would be terrific news. :clap:

#1617 xxiiooiixx

xxiiooiixx

• 100 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 17:20

I have been looking online any sources for this news? I really do hope so, I hope its some one real big!

#1618 cbbcisace

cbbcisace

• 1,081 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 17:40

A popular bank maybe?

Its not a bank and will be announced closer to Barcelona ;)

#1619 xxiiooiixx

xxiiooiixx

• 100 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 17:44

Its not a bank and will be announced closer to Barcelona ;)

Tell us what you know on twitter it looks like Pedro is at an event of some sort at the moment? Is it an energy/ fuel company?

Edited by xxiiooiixx, 27 March 2012 - 17:45.

Advertisement

#1620 cbbcisace

cbbcisace

• 1,081 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 17:55

Tell us what you know on twitter it looks like Pedro is at an event of some sort at the moment? Is it an energy/ fuel company?

do you follow @AntonioMesquida on twitter? he knows who it is as he broke the news last night!

But he can't say who it is!

EDIT: Pedro is at an Ermestel event, already one of HRT's partners.

Edited by cbbcisace, 27 March 2012 - 17:57.

#1621 xxiiooiixx

xxiiooiixx

• 100 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 18:28

do you follow @AntonioMesquida on twitter? he knows who it is as he broke the news last night!

But he can't say who it is!

EDIT: Pedro is at an Ermestel event, already one of HRT's partners.

No I don't follow him. It makes sense a sponsor would probably want to wait until the car completes the first full race, but I wont believe it until its confirmed .

#1622 cbbcisace

cbbcisace

• 1,081 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 18:41

No I don't follow him. It makes sense a sponsor would probably want to wait until the car completes the first full race, but I wont believe it until its confirmed .

I think the reason they are waiting until Barcelona is that they can have a presentation.

Edited by cbbcisace, 27 March 2012 - 18:42.

#1623 Octavian

Octavian

• 703 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 18:43

Explain how you got this data.

The official live timing data archive on www.formula1.com

#1624 understeer

understeer

• 204 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 20:22

The official live timing data archive on www.formula1.com

I did not ask where, but how.
Anyway get your math right. It is 5.8 in quali(Q1) and 5.1(fastest laps) in Race.

#1625 jals99

jals99

• 778 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 21:11

More money possibly in the pipeline as Force India and Marussia are going to apply against Caterham for spying. If successful Caterham could be stripped off two 10th place constructor posistion and all the money comes to HRT.

It is complicated situation. Marussia does not want simply Caterham to be excluded from 10 place in both CC, they want FIA to rewrite all race results from 2010-2011, disqualifying Caterham(Lotus) drivers from their positions in all races, and moving drivers below upper in race standings, if it happens Virgin-Marussia will get 12 place finish in Japan 2010 and three 13 place finishes in 2011, and they will overtake HRT in Constructirs cup and get money themselves.
But In 2007 in another famous spy twist, Mclaren was removed from CC, but no race results were amended, and FIA did not want to touch Singapore 2008 race result a year later as well/ In 2007 the precedent was set, so the FIA in most extreme case should simply exclude Lotus/Caterham from Constructors Cup, without correcting all race results and give 10 place to HRT, but Marussia wants another case.

Edited by jals99, 27 March 2012 - 21:12.

#1626 Siperoth

Siperoth

• 321 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 21:28

It is complicated situation. Marussia does not want simply Caterham to be excluded from 10 place in both CC, they want FIA to rewrite all race results from 2010-2011, disqualifying Caterham(Lotus) drivers from their positions in all races, and moving drivers below upper in race standings, if it happens Virgin-Marussia will get 12 place finish in Japan 2010 and three 13 place finishes in 2011, and they will overtake HRT in Constructirs cup and get money themselves.
But In 2007 in another famous spy twist, Mclaren was removed from CC, but no race results were amended, and FIA did not want to touch Singapore 2008 race result a year later as well/ In 2007 the precedent was set, so the FIA in most extreme case should simply exclude Lotus/Caterham from Constructors Cup, without correcting all race results and give 10 place to HRT, but Marussia wants another case.

If the Fia decides to punish Caterham there is no way that they will change every resold. Is too much trouble and the drivers have a right to there performance since they have nothing to do with that stuff.
So if the Fia actually does such a thing then Marussia and Force India would have probably given a nice present to HRT.

Edited by Siperoth, 27 March 2012 - 21:31.

#1627 jals99

jals99

• 778 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 21:43

If the Fia decides to punish Caterham there is no way that they will change every resold. Is too much trouble and the drivers have a right to there performance since they have nothing to do with that stuff.
So if the Fia actually does such a thing then Marussia and Force India would have probably given a nice present to HRT.

As Jarno fan I hope it will be so, i do not want him and his past career to be connected with this story.
But Marussia will try to push the fact cars were completely illegal, and all Caterham finishes should be completely excluded...But i hope FIA will follow the line of their precedent set in 2007(not touching race results)

Edited by jals99, 27 March 2012 - 21:45.

#1628 Octavian

Octavian

• 703 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 22:02

I did not ask where, but how.
Anyway get your math right. It is 5.8 in quali(Q1) and 5.1(fastest laps) in Race.

How? Well I put the URL in to my browser address bar, then I hit enter, visited the site, found the live timing archive, opened it and viewed the data.

My math is quite sound, may I suggest you get yours right? Cheers :)

#1629 understeer

understeer

• 204 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 23:06

How? Well I put the URL in to my browser address bar, then I hit enter, visited the site, found the live timing archive, opened it and viewed the data.

You can lead a horse to water, but you can't make it drink

#1630 xxiiooiixx

xxiiooiixx

• 100 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 23:11

As Jarno fan I hope it will be so, i do not want him and his past career to be connected with this story.
But Marussia will try to push the fact cars were completely illegal, and all Caterham finishes should be completely excluded...But i hope FIA will follow the line of their precedent set in 2007(not touching race results)

Wow this story has really been festering away and starting to look quite serious since the last time I looked into it. There is just so much controversy buzzing around the green team yet HRT get all the negative attention.

I think no way they can change past results, there are 3 victims of this scandal 1) Force India , 2)Virgin and yes 3) HRT because if it were not for Lotus/Caterham's actions they would have probably had a better chance of beating them.

The damage has already been done so the only way they can deal with this is to penalize the green team while compensating the other parties. So how can they compensate the other parties? The FIA could fine Caterham and disqualify them from this years CC and pay Force India the fine. Since FI was not in direct competition with the Green team I don't see how it affected their standings in the CC so their compensation would be the knowledge that Caterham have been punished. So HRT and Marussia can continue racing in the CC while Caterham can just let their drivers race.

#1631 Ulysses777

Ulysses777

• 64 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 23:56

This is how you do maths (with an S) right...

Qualifying

The fastest time in Q1 was 1:37.172 by Mark Webber.
PDLR's time was 1:42.914.

Subtract the second time from the first, and you get 5.742. Not 5.4.

Fastest laps

The fastest lap in the race was 1:40.722 by Kimi Raikkonen.
NK's fastest lap was 1:45.909.

Subtract the second time from the first, and you get 5.187. Not 6.1.

#1632 g1n

g1n

• 874 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 01:24

This is how you do maths (with an S) right...

both forms are correct. :rolleyes:

#1633 DanardiF1

DanardiF1

• 6,524 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 04:58

both forms are correct. :rolleyes:

Both forms are accepted, doesn't make them all correct...

Colour/Color
Centre/Center

Both are accepted globally, but only the ones on the left are correct.

Edited by DanardiF1, 28 March 2012 - 04:59.

#1634 dau

dau

• 4,569 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 10:44

Both forms are accepted, doesn't make them all correct...

Colour/Color
Centre/Center

Both are accepted globally, but only the ones on the left are correct.

Uhm, there's more than just British English.

#1635 Creepy

Creepy

• 582 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 14:51

Uhm, there's more than just British English.

Exactly, I'm with you and g1n on this. Every single teacher I ever had always told me that "color", "favor", "center", "traveler", "favor", "catalog", "dialog", "program", "tire" and so on so forth were perfectly correct. I'm sticking with that.

Edited by Creepy, 28 March 2012 - 14:52.

#1636 Petroltorque

Petroltorque

• 1,601 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 15:02

Exactly, I'm with you and g1n on this. Every single teacher I ever had always told me that "color", "favor", "center", "traveler", "favor", "catalog", "dialog", "program", "tire" and so on so forth were perfectly correct. I'm sticking with that.

Depends where you live.

#1637 xxiiooiixx

xxiiooiixx

• 100 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 19:52

I think the reason they are waiting until Barcelona is that they can have a presentation.

The Spanish fans seem to think that the Sponsor is a major Beverage manufacturing company.

A potential sponsor with golden stars, Gold and red Logo's (kind of like HRT's new livery) in their branding is Estrella Damm, who is one of Spains biggest beverage manufacturer based in Barcelona. Interesting !

Posted Image

Edited by xxiiooiixx, 29 March 2012 - 19:53.

#1638 cbbcisace

cbbcisace

• 1,081 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 20:00

The Spanish fans seem to think that the Sponsor is a major Beverage manufacturing company.

A potential sponsor with golden stars, Gold and red Logo's (kind of like HRT's new livery) in their branding is Estrella Damm, who is one of Spains biggest beverage manufacturer based in Barcelona. Interesting !

Posted Image

I have sent you a message...;)

#1639 anuroc

anuroc

• 34 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 20:21

I have sent you a message...;)

alcohol in F1 again?

Advertisement

#1640 xxiiooiixx

xxiiooiixx

• 100 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 20:32

alcohol in F1 again?

Did they ever really leave? Sauber has Tequila Cuervo and Mclaren has Diaggeo, Whyte Mackaywhiskys on Force India and I am sure there were others??

This with HRT is just speculation it would make a lovely livery if HRT made their car look this bottle! :up: . Makes me thirsty just looking at the picture!

Its probably not them as they already a major sponsor of FC Barcelona!

Edited by xxiiooiixx, 29 March 2012 - 20:35.

#1641 Tsarwash

Tsarwash

• 3,424 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 20:43

They might or might not be correct or accepted, but they are all definitely ugly.

#1642 Petroltorque

Petroltorque

• 1,601 posts

Posted 31 March 2012 - 06:42

A popular bank maybe?

I don't understand how any Spanish bank could sponsor the team. Its a fact that Spanish banks remain heavily susceptible because of the property bubble. If you're foreclosing on peoples mortgages and giving money to an F1 team, that can't be good for your public image.

#1643 currupipi

currupipi

• 1,234 posts

Posted 31 March 2012 - 07:43

I don't understand how any Spanish bank could sponsor the team. Its a fact that Spanish banks remain heavily susceptible because of the property bubble. If you're foreclosing on peoples mortgages and giving money to an F1 team, that can't be good for your public image.

it works pretty good for banco santander

#1644 cbbcisace

cbbcisace

• 1,081 posts

Posted 31 March 2012 - 07:57

Don't worry it's not a Bank anyway ;)

#1645 Petroltorque

Petroltorque

• 1,601 posts

Posted 31 March 2012 - 12:39

AFAIK Santander is a personal sponsor of Alonso.

#1646 Octavian

Octavian

• 703 posts

Posted 31 March 2012 - 12:42

They are international now, hence their sponsorship extends beyond just sponsoring the Spaniard Alonso, they have a massive tie in with McLaren in the UK.

#1647 Cavani

Cavani

• 905 posts

Posted 31 March 2012 - 12:44

They are international now, hence their sponsorship extends beyond just sponsoring the Spaniard Alonso, they have a massive tie in with McLaren in the UK.

yeah santander sponsors also mclaren

#1648 showtime

showtime

• 2,585 posts

Posted 31 March 2012 - 12:54

AFAIK Santander is a personal sponsor of Alonso.

No. They sponsor Ferrari and McLaren plus a bunch of GPs. There's also BBVA sponsoring the NBA and main Spanish football leagues.

#1649 cbbcisace

cbbcisace

• 1,081 posts

Posted 31 March 2012 - 14:00

No. They sponsor Ferrari and McLaren plus a bunch of GPs. There's also BBVA sponsoring the NBA and main Spanish football leagues.

What is everyone getting worked up, it's not a bank that is going to be sponsoring HRT!

#1650 Octavian

Octavian

• 703 posts

Posted 31 March 2012 - 14:02

What is everyone getting worked up, it's not a bank that is going to be sponsoring HRT!

It is going to be a bank.