HRT 2012 Thread

• Please log in to reply
2071 replies to this topic

#1651 Petroltorque

Petroltorque

• 1,911 posts

Posted 31 March 2012 - 15:30

It is going to be a bank.

I consider Santander to be a global bank. Their sponsorship of Mclaren was linked in to the signing of Alonso and the need to raise brand awareness with the acquisition of Abbey national in the UK. By Spanish bank I meant a bank whose core business remains in Spain or Latin America.

Advertisement

#1652 Creepy

Creepy

• 582 posts

Posted 31 March 2012 - 15:47

What is everyone getting worked up, it's not a bank that is going to be sponsoring HRT!

El Corte Inglés maybe? They are doing pretty nicely even with the current economic climate.

pd: for those who doesn't know, El Corte Inglés is like Macy's.

Edited by Creepy, 31 March 2012 - 15:48.

#1653 DanardiF1

DanardiF1

• 6,915 posts

Posted 31 March 2012 - 16:29

El Corte Inglés maybe? They are doing pretty nicely even with the current economic climate.

pd: for those who doesn't know, El Corte Inglés is like Macy's.

They had a small overalls sponsorship with HRT in 2010 I think, but that avenue is kind of closed with the Varlion deal.

#1654 showtime

showtime

• 2,672 posts

Posted 31 March 2012 - 18:53

What is everyone getting worked up, it's not a bank that is going to be sponsoring HRT!

I was just asking to a post about banks situation in Spain. But even if I don't think HRT will get a bank as a sponsor the only source saying it definitely won't be is you. No offence but believing you is just a question of faith as you are not willing to give more details. As I said if I have to bet I would say you're right but I found perfectly reasonable that there's a discussion about the topic.

#1655 cbbcisace

cbbcisace

• 1,083 posts

Posted 31 March 2012 - 21:22

I was just asking to a post about banks situation in Spain. But even if I don't think HRT will get a bank as a sponsor the only source saying it definitely won't be is you. No offence but believing you is just a question of faith as you are not willing to give more details. As I said if I have to bet I would say you're right but I found perfectly reasonable that there's a discussion about the topic.

People are saying its a bank because Luis Perez Sala has links with Banco Popular and it has been the easiest story to write.

Plus Banco Popular are/have been helping HRT since they are the ones who facilitated the removal of the Carabante's last year, so if they where going to up their "sponsorship" there names would already be on the car.

Edited by cbbcisace, 31 March 2012 - 21:26.

#1656 DanardiF1

DanardiF1

• 6,915 posts

Posted 31 March 2012 - 21:40

Do you have anything good to say about the team? :confused:

It's not cool to be nice to HRT, didn't you know? :p

I don't like being cool though...

#1657 Octavian

Octavian

• 703 posts

Posted 31 March 2012 - 22:23

Do you have anything good to say about the team? :confused:

Umm, in what way is saying the sponsor is going to be a bank a reflection of whether I'm being nice or not? How ludicrous.

Besides which this is a thread to discuss HRT in 2012, the good and the bad, it is not a fan thread where we all sit around holding hands and singing the praises of the HRT team regardless of the real issues.
I have been harsh on the team in this thread, very much so, but I've always provided solid reasons behind my criticisms and been open to debating them.

#1658 packapoo

packapoo

• 731 posts

Posted 01 April 2012 - 02:41

What's with all this screeching about banks?
Thought this thread was about a bunch of losers at the back of the F1 field?

#1659 xxiiooiixx

xxiiooiixx

• 100 posts

Posted 01 April 2012 - 06:16

What's with all this screeching about banks?
Thought this thread was about a bunch of losers at the back of the F1 field?

:rolleyes: A loser is one that fails and gives up, but all winners fail and persist until they succeed. so until HRT give up and go home for good they are not losers!!!
A true loser does not know the struggle and what it takes to win, but just believes winning happens by magic. So the reason why we support a team you call a loser is because we all know that winning for any team wont happen by magic. So the reason we talk about banks is that we know that getting a major title sponsor is going to secure the teams future.
I guess you think HRT built 3 cars using fairy dust ???

And I also don't think its a bank, I think its a beverage company something like Sauber has Corona.

Edited by xxiiooiixx, 01 April 2012 - 06:20.

Advertisement

#1660 olliek88

olliek88

• 4,049 posts

Posted 01 April 2012 - 10:28

HRT secure Durex sponsorship!!

http://wtf1.co.uk/sa...ex-sponsorship/

;)

#1661 cbbcisace

cbbcisace

• 1,083 posts

Posted 01 April 2012 - 11:08

HRT secure Durex sponsorship!!

http://wtf1.co.uk/sa...ex-sponsorship/

;)

Don't you just love april fools day :lol:

#1662 xxiiooiixx

xxiiooiixx

• 100 posts

Posted 02 April 2012 - 12:20

Don't you just love april fools day :lol:

http://www.autosport...rt.php/id/98564

I think we all expected this. No one interested in HRT news today?

#1663 cbbcisace

cbbcisace

• 1,083 posts

Posted 02 April 2012 - 12:24

http://www.autosport...rt.php/id/98564

I think we all expected this. No one interested in HRT news today?

Yep no one is interested...

#1664 JRizzle86

JRizzle86

• 2,090 posts

Posted 02 April 2012 - 14:06

Cind...erella has become technical Director?

#1665 dau

dau

• 4,578 posts

Posted 02 April 2012 - 14:11

Cind...erella has become technical Director?

Well, if the shoe fits...

#1666 Petroltorque

Petroltorque

• 1,911 posts

Posted 02 April 2012 - 15:21

The relative merits of his appointment was discussed at length several pages back. Having a TD with no design experience might work if HRT will continue to commission design and build from Holzer. It becomes more complicated if he now has to setup his own design department.

Edited by Petroltorque, 03 April 2012 - 05:18.

#1667 cbbcisace

cbbcisace

• 1,083 posts

Posted 02 April 2012 - 18:35

The relative merits of his appointment was discussed at length several pages back. Having a TD with no design experience if HRT will continue to commission design and build from Holzer. It becomes more complicated if he now has to setup his own design department.

Sorry, Yes i know we you have discussed that, just wondering if there will be experienced design team under Toni as he is under experienced as a TD?

#1668 Petroltorque

Petroltorque

• 1,911 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 05:58

Luis Perez Sala has confirmed that HRT will not be using KERS this year. I wonder if this is already a consequence of 3 different TDs within the last 6 months. Cuquerella has admitted to not being a fan of the technology.

#1669 cbbcisace

cbbcisace

• 1,083 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 07:24

Luis Perez Sala has confirmed that HRT will not be using KERS this year. I wonder if this is already a consequence of 3 different TDs within the last 6 months. Cuquerella has admitted to not being a fan of the technology.

Probably, although Perez Sala didn't 100% say HRT weren't going to use it, more that the team want to focus on the aero side first.

#1670 EarnardBeccelstone

EarnardBeccelstone

• 57 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 07:38

Exactly, I'm with you and g1n on this. Every single teacher I ever had always told me that "colour", "favour", "centre", "traveller", "favour", "catalogue", "dialogue", "programme", "tyre" and so on and so forth were perfectly correct. I'm sticking with that.

What does the relationship status of your teacher have to do with it?

#1671 Petroltorque

Petroltorque

• 1,911 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 17:05

Probably, although Perez Sala didn't 100% say HRT weren't going to use it, more that the team want to focus on the aero side first.

Its just incredibly disappointing. How long is Perez Sala going to use the excuses of " New Team and factory relocation" to write off poor performance. Are we meant to compare this year's performance with how they performed in 2010?
A small team with a limited budget is not going to make big gains on aero. As a new team you won't achieve stability appointing inexperienced staff to senior management and technical roles.
Thesan Capital have got to appreciate that Mr E is not going to cut them a sweatherat deal to sign the CA if the team can't show evidence of improvement.

Edited by Petroltorque, 04 April 2012 - 17:09.

#1672 xxiiooiixx

xxiiooiixx

• 100 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 17:30

Its just incredibly disappointing. How long is Perez Sala going to use the excuses of " New Team and factory relocation" to write off poor performance. Are we meant to compare this year's performance with how they performed in 2010?
A small team with a limited budget is not going to make big gains on aero. As a new team you won't achieve stability appointing inexperienced staff to senior management and technical roles.
Thesan Capital have got to appreciate that Mr E is not going to cut them a sweatherat deal to sign the CA if the team can't show evidence of improvement.

Yes I am also really disappointed. KERS may be the only edge HRT may be able to have over Marussia this year. I don't know if HRT can beat Marussia with Aero gains by itself. HRT have to put time and effort into implementing it, the advantage is worth the effort. Williams built the KERS and they paid for it and they have the option open they just need to deal with any potential reliability issues, unless they are not able to get a lighter chassis as was planned. They have 2 cars and a test coming up there shouldn’t be any excuse!

#1673 pikamoku

pikamoku

• 357 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 20:30

Aero gains are potencially greater than KERS gains, so focus on aero makes more sense, IMO, and limits the reliability problems kers related, better weight distribution, ... If you're fighting for victories any tenth counts, but at the back you can gain "seconds" doing a proper updates and limiting your problems it's possible to get some good positions.

#1674 Disgrace

Disgrace
  • RC Forum Host

• 10,435 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 20:49

Aero gains are potencially greater than KERS gains

Not potentially, they are.

#1675 Petroltorque

Petroltorque

• 1,911 posts

Posted 05 April 2012 - 05:43

Aero gains are potencially greater than KERS gains, so focus on aero makes more sense, IMO, and limits the reliability problems kers related, better weight distribution, ... If you're fighting for victories any tenth counts, but at the back you can gain "seconds" doing a proper updates and limiting your problems it's possible to get some good positions.

The reality is that no team finds seconds by an aero program. Its more likely time is gained in tenths. In exceptional circumstances a gain of 15% downforce might be achieved over a season, but that equates only to a gain of 1 second a lap. Big improvements require simultaneous improvements in mechanical grip. KERS is a performance gain without a drag increase. The additional weight has to be carried anyway, be it in the form of extra ballast instead of KERS. KERS under certain conditions can be tempermental but the fail safe setting does not prevent the car from running. Perez- Sala suggests that HRT will be concentrating on reliabilty and cooling pro tem suggesting they lack funding/ expertise to find big gains in performance.

#1676 THE "driverider"

THE "driverider"

• 804 posts

Posted 05 April 2012 - 09:39

http://www.autosport...rt.php/id/98597

Interesting, I suspect he brings a lot of cash.

#1677 morals

morals

• 150 posts

Posted 05 April 2012 - 09:48

The reality is that no team finds seconds by an aero program. Its more likely time is gained in tenths. In exceptional circumstances a gain of 15% downforce might be achieved over a season, but that equates only to a gain of 1 second a lap. Big improvements require simultaneous improvements in mechanical grip. KERS is a performance gain without a drag increase. The additional weight has to be carried anyway, be it in the form of extra ballast instead of KERS. KERS under certain conditions can be tempermental but the fail safe setting does not prevent the car from running. Perez- Sala suggests that HRT will be concentrating on reliabilty and cooling pro tem suggesting they lack funding/ expertise to find big gains in performance.

It is much easier to find seconds when you are seconds behind, and HRT are clearly seconds behind.

also given that their reliability is not the best in the paddock I find it wise to park the technology for the moment, remember they've beaten Virgin two years in a row just by reliability.

#1678 Petroltorque

Petroltorque

• 1,911 posts

Posted 05 April 2012 - 10:10

It is much easier to find seconds when you are seconds behind, and HRT are clearly seconds behind.

also given that their reliability is not the best in the paddock I find it wise to park the technology for the moment, remember they've beaten Virgin two years in a row just by reliability.

The argument that its easier to find seconds if you're seconds behind is a specious one. Most teams will build a car to the limits of their engineering capacity. To find the big gains requires big investment in expertise and engineering resource. With a limited budget comes limited gains. It needs 75 points of efficient downforce to match the gains of KERS. The target of beating Marussia is just another unreachable one. The Marussia car is optmised around a KERS less transmission.

#1679 g1n

g1n

• 879 posts

Posted 05 April 2012 - 12:22

must have a rich daddy :) :rotfl:

Advertisement

#1680 dau

dau

• 4,578 posts

Posted 05 April 2012 - 12:47

The argument that its easier to find seconds if you're seconds behind is a specious one. Most teams will build a car to the limits of their engineering capacity. To find the big gains requires big investment in expertise and engineering resource. With a limited budget comes limited gains. It needs 75 points of efficient downforce to match the gains of KERS. The target of beating Marussia is just another unreachable one. The Marussia car is optmised around a KERS less transmission.

I agree they will probably not be able to challenge Marussia, but i think you overestimate the impact of KERS incorporation on general car design. They'd have a bit more space around the engine than they actually need and their thermal design will be slightly compromised, but otherwise, it shouldn't be a big deal.

#1681 Disgrace

Disgrace
  • RC Forum Host

• 10,435 posts

Posted 05 April 2012 - 15:04

Not at all.

#1682 BRG

BRG

• 11,924 posts

Posted 05 April 2012 - 15:09

Not at all.

Really? So HRT are just being philanthropic and helping out an otherwise mediocre young driver? They can hardly see him as a future WDC. So if he isn't paying, what's the deal?

#1683 midgrid

midgrid

• 4,872 posts

Posted 05 April 2012 - 15:12

Really? So HRT are just being philanthropic and helping out an otherwise mediocre young driver? They can hardly see him as a future WDC. So if he isn't paying, what's the deal?

I think he was disagreeing with the first part of that sentence only.;)

Edited by midgrid, 05 April 2012 - 15:13.

#1684 Disgrace

Disgrace
  • RC Forum Host

• 10,435 posts

Posted 05 April 2012 - 15:14

I think he was disagreeing with the first part of that sentence only.;)

This.

Because of this. :clap:

#1685 xxiiooiixx

xxiiooiixx

• 100 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 12:06

Finally some news from the team

HRT WEBSITE

http://www.planet-f1...-the-Chinese-GP

http://www.autosport...rt.php/id/98681

Edited by xxiiooiixx, 09 April 2012 - 12:10.

#1686 understeer

understeer

• 204 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 01:21

What is the new aero bit ?

#1687 cbbcisace

cbbcisace

• 1,083 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 02:25

What is the new aero bit ?

(@lundo88)
4/13/12 3:18 AM
#skyf1 reporting that tweaks to HRTs front wing will bring 0.5 and 0.7 secs

Edited by cbbcisace, 13 April 2012 - 02:26.

#1688 cbbcisace

cbbcisace

• 1,083 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 18:55

Anyone wanting to comment on HRT's performance today?

It looks like they have gone back to F111 wing pre Hungary and has brought time.

With Pedro 4.3s off, thats progress I think.

Edited by cbbcisace, 13 April 2012 - 18:55.

#1689 redbroccoli

redbroccoli

• 129 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 18:59

(@lundo88)

Is it really possible to cut a half a second just by tweaking the front wing?
I find it hard to believe.

#1690 Disgrace

Disgrace
  • RC Forum Host

• 10,435 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 19:21

They've been running that same front wing since the second race of last year, only without one additional winglet. I'm sure much more time than that can be found.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Edited by Disgrace, 13 April 2012 - 19:25.

#1691 understeer

understeer

• 204 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 19:42

(@lundo88)

I did not see any visible difference on the front wing. But I saw some floviz paint on NK's front wing.

#1692 cbbcisace

cbbcisace

• 1,083 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 19:49

They've been running that same front wing since the second race of last year, only without one additional winglet. I'm sure much more time than that can be found.

Posted Image

Posted Image

I'll Break it down:-

F111 Wing:- Malaysia to Hungary
F111 Wing:- Hungry to Brazil

F112 Wing Australia to Malaysia = Hungary to Brazil F111 Wing
F112 Wing China = Malaysia to Hungary F111 Wing.

#1693 Petroltorque

Petroltorque

• 1,911 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 07:38

HRT are not going to make big gains from aero. It will be down to gains in mechanical grip say from setup changes and using the tyres better. Its just stupid to build a car to accomodate HERS and then not install it. Marussia will always be out of touch as at best HRT might just match their upgrades over a season, but Marussia are starting out over a second in front.

Edited by Petroltorque, 14 April 2012 - 07:40.

#1694 cbbcisace

cbbcisace

• 1,083 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 07:41

HRT are not going to make big gains from aero. It will be down to gains in mechanical grip say from setup changes, using the tyres better. Its just stupid to build a car to accomodate HERS and then not install it. Marussia will always be out of touch as at best HRT might just match their upgrades over a season, but Marussia are starting out over a second in front.

Off the recent HRT interview KERS seems to be on the agenda again.

#1695 Petroltorque

Petroltorque

• 1,911 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 08:23

Off the recent HRT interview KERS seems to be on the agenda again.

The fact that they Sala can't appreciate the importance of the system does not fill me with confidence.

#1696 cbbcisace

cbbcisace

• 1,083 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 08:30

The fact that they Sala can't appreciate the importance of the system does not fill me with confidence.

I think Pedro/Toni do though... It is just a catch up for the team, If they had done a full pre season, KERS would already be on the car.

#1697 cbbcisace

cbbcisace

• 1,083 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 09:21

Great drive from Pedro... :)

Narain, I'm sure HRT are thinking of replacing already :lol:

#1698 Prost1997T

Prost1997T

• 2,020 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 10:35

Great drive from Pedro... :)

Narain, I'm sure HRT are thinking of replacing already :lol:

Not when his sponsor monies account for 20% or so of their budget.

#1699 cbbcisace

cbbcisace

• 1,083 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 10:51

Not when his sponsor monies account for 20% or so of their budget.

I'm not sure that matters it didn't last year :)

Advertisement

#1700 Prost1997T

Prost1997T

• 2,020 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 11:46

I'm not sure that matters it didn't last year :)

Sure, but he wasn't replaced permanently.