• Please log in to reply
2071 replies to this topic

#1701 xxiiooiixx

xxiiooiixx

• 100 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 16:01

Great drive from Pedro... :)

Narain, I'm sure HRT are thinking of replacing already :lol:

Replacing him would be a major upgrade on its own, he was lapped by Nico around lap 21. Pedro in the same car was lapped on around lap 29 how can anyone be happy with that kind of performance its shocking!unless he had something wrong with his car??. HRT have to look at other options for financing.

Advertisement

#1702 Petroltorque

Petroltorque

• 1,822 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 17:00

I'm sure major performance gains for HRT will be made from tuning the suspension better to the new Pirelli compounds. De La Rosa's experience is paying dividends in that respect. I got the impression that they signed Karthikeyan because he had money and was available. I don't think he's bringing so much money that he's irreplaceable. To finish 2 laps down means he's circulating up to 8 tenths slower than De La Rosa. I suspect that Clos is likely to replace him at some stage this season.

#1703 cbbcisace

cbbcisace

• 1,081 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 17:30

I'm sure major performance gains for HRT will be made from tuning the suspension better to the new Pirelli compounds. De La Rosa's experience is paying dividends in that respect. I got the impression that they signed Karthikeyan because he had money and was available. I don't think he's bringing so much money that he's irreplaceable. To finish 2 laps down means he's circulating up to 8 tenths slower than De La Rosa. I suspect that Clos is likely to replace him at some stage this season.

Narain was average around 1 sec a lap slower than Pedro.

Im sure Pedro mentioned in the media said suspension is something they will work on in Bahrain.

The first major upgrade accordingly will be on the car at Mugello ready for BCN.

Edited by cbbcisace, 15 April 2012 - 17:41.

#1704 X61

X61

• 520 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 17:45

Not when his sponsor monies account for 20% or so of their budget.

Clos is much more marketable for every race except for one, and worked as a model which could connect him with some very wealthy sponsors. It's only a matter of time before he is in a race seat.

#1705 understeer

understeer

• 204 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 15:11

NK is bringing more than money. TATA are providing CFD for HRT. I am not worried about NK's performance right now. Look at Massa at Ferrari :lol:

#1706 Prost1997T

Prost1997T

• 1,991 posts

Posted 20 April 2012 - 12:14

Clos is much more marketable for every race except for one, and worked as a model which could connect him with some very wealthy sponsors. It's only a matter of time before he is in a race seat.

I'll be interested to see what his performance is like then...

#1707 X61

X61

• 520 posts

Posted 21 April 2012 - 05:27

I'll be interested to see what his performance is like then...

I will too. I don't know if he would be any good, I just believe he could easily get the cash behind him and has the marketing appeal. Plus he's Spanish which is helpful with this team.

#1708 packapoo

packapoo

• 731 posts

Posted 21 April 2012 - 06:31

[/quote]

That'd be right!
Like most things at HRT they wake up!...........Eventually.

#1709 xxiiooiixx

xxiiooiixx

• 100 posts

Posted 22 April 2012 - 10:13

That'd be right!
Like most things at HRT they wake up!...........Eventually.

Pedro de la Rosa: "I’m very happy to be honest. We come from not qualifying in Australia not long ago, so when I saw the times we posted I was glad. For us it’s an important jump and, sincerely, at such a complicated track for us as this one, we didn’t expect to finish ahead of one Marussia, so that’s satisfying. Tyre degradation is high and tomorrow I will have to find the compromise in the first part of the sector in order to have enough rubber for the last one to maintain some grip. We know that the race will be a three-stop or four-stop one and that we’re going to struggle, but so will everyone else so we have to go for it and do the best we can”.

Narain Karthikeyan: "Yesterday was a big struggle for me. We had a tough morning but later improved. Today we made some good progress and in qualifying the car was quite good. In sector 2 I had a misfire on my fastest lap, on turn 12, which cost me a bit of time. The amazing thing is that we haven’t done much to the car but we’re quite close to the group ahead of us and that’s very positive. We found a lot of time from yesterday to today, so we can safely say we’ve shown real progress. Tomorrow is another day and the race will be quite difficult because of the massive tyre degradation but what’s certain is that we’re heading into it fully confident that we can do it”.

From HRT F1 page

What does Narian mean by misfire? Is that the engine piston combusting before it should or does it mean he messed up his lap? its starting to sound like excuses. Last week was trouble with the suspension in the morning , got blocked and flat spotted my Tyre. Narain needs to drink some redbull all I can see is excuses.

Edited by xxiiooiixx, 22 April 2012 - 10:21.

#1710 understeer

understeer

• 204 posts

Posted 22 April 2012 - 19:15

What does Narian mean by misfire? Is that the engine piston combusting before it should or does it mean he messed up his lap? its starting to sound like excuses. Last week was trouble with the suspension in the morning , got blocked and flat spotted my Tyre. Narain needs to drink some redbull all I can see is excuses.

Engine misfires are common in f1. And why would a driver make a fool of himself by telling random stuff to the media ? And if he does what would his crew think who are analyzing every bit of data in telemetry?. These could be genuine reasons and drivers cannot write stories like journalists.You have to stick to the facts.

#1711 BRG

BRG

• 11,705 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 12:04

The guy's driving a HRT. Do you really think it is going to be reliable and troublefree? These are the people who couldn't even get to any of the testing.

#1712 Wingcommander

Wingcommander

• 707 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 12:20

Marussia also had engine trouble. Something with the air valve system. I wonder if that's what hit Narain too?

#1713 Petroltorque

Petroltorque

• 1,822 posts

Posted 25 April 2012 - 12:30

I've just read a press release stating HRT will miss the Mugello test. What the.....
Is this a funding problem or do they feel the have gained all the data they need from the flyaway races? With everyone else bolting on their european update packages they'll end up falling off the back of the grid.

#1714 sosidge

sosidge

• 1,669 posts

Posted 25 April 2012 - 12:31

This team certainly knows how to plumb the depths when it comes to excuses for not spending money...

http://www.autosport...rt.php/id/99142

They won't be attending the Mugello test because they are "moving factory".

You have to wonder whether they have any interest in improving their performance. As long as they stay in sight of that 107% barrier with an old tub and parts, they can find well-funded incompetents like NK to cover the bills.

#1715 Wingcommander

Wingcommander

• 707 posts

Posted 25 April 2012 - 14:08

They won't be attending the Mugello test because they are "moving factory".

You have to wonder whether they have any interest in improving their performance. As long as they stay in sight of that 107% barrier with an old tub and parts, they can find well-funded incompetents like NK to cover the bills.

It's not the end of the world. As Sala said, the Barcelona upgrade won't be ready in time for Mugello, so all they could do is setup testing. Now i'm not saying that it's in any way good to miss the only in season test, but i understand the reasons behind their decision. Altough i must say that "moving factory" isn't exactly the best ever excuse for missing a test.

#1716 Creepy

Creepy

• 582 posts

Posted 25 April 2012 - 14:45

It's reasonable given the circumstances. They'll go home to do some work on the tech side. Why going to a test where they won't have any upgrades to.

#1717 Petroltorque

Petroltorque

• 1,822 posts

Posted 25 April 2012 - 15:04

But HRT will gain more time by simply tuning their suspension better to optimise the Pirelli rubber. Just a single day of testing thats not truncated into two 90 min sessions would benefit them greatly. Lets face it HRT are not going to come out with some major aero update....they are still running an 09 spec front wing...

Edited by Petroltorque, 25 April 2012 - 15:05.

#1718 wj_gibson

wj_gibson

• 2,275 posts

Posted 25 April 2012 - 15:06

For each of the past three years I've felt that HRT have brought out a car that has more ultimate potential than either the Virgin/Marussia or the Lotus/Caterhams but the team's paucity of resources and general lack of cutting-edge know-how prevents them from doing much with it.

#1719 cbbcisace

cbbcisace

• 1,081 posts

Posted 25 April 2012 - 17:12

I am disappointed as a HRT fan that the team won't be in Mugello.

All I can say is that the team wasn't supposed to be moving into Caja Magica until in the 4 week break later on in the season.

Photo's of the start of the move today-> http://www.facebook....3...3214&type=1

More Sponsorship for Narain -> http://economictimes...intenttarget=no

Edited by cbbcisace, 25 April 2012 - 17:14.

Advertisement

#1720 understeer

understeer

• 204 posts

Posted 25 April 2012 - 17:57

HRT preferring to put resources into move rather than to test. What a stupid decision. It has to be lack of money. At least they could have given the third driver get some mileage. I bet the race drivers would still want more mileage in the car as in the races they only do 20 odd laps before getting lapped.This has to be the dumbest decision ever. First there was no pre-season testing. Now there is no in-season testing.No simulators, No wind tunnel.
After all this if they still beat any other team in the constructor championship they would have defied all logic in F1.

#1721 cbbcisace

cbbcisace

• 1,081 posts

Posted 25 April 2012 - 18:14

HRT preferring to put resources into move rather than to test. What a stupid decision. It has to be lack of money. At least they could have given the third driver get some mileage. I bet the race drivers would still want more mileage in the car as in the races they only do 20 odd laps before getting lapped.This has to be the dumbest decision ever. First there was no pre-season testing. Now there is no in-season testing.No simulators, No wind tunnel.
After all this if they still beat any other team in the constructor championship they would have defied all logic in F1.

Your right it is the WRONG decision but its the decision the team have made, just move on.

Plus if they had no money, why would they relocate to a new facilities of their own.

Don't forget although HRT have on average been around 30-40s away from HRT on race pace, they have finished on the same lap ;)

Edited by cbbcisace, 25 April 2012 - 18:40.

#1722 xxiiooiixx

xxiiooiixx

• 100 posts

Posted 25 April 2012 - 18:39

I am disappointed as a HRT fan that the team won't be in Mugello.

All I can say is that the team wasn't supposed to be moving into Caja Magica until in the 4 week break later on in the season.

Photo's of the start of the move today-> http://www.facebook....3...3214&type=1

More Sponsorship for Narain -> http://economictimes...intenttarget=no

I am also really disappointed, there is nothing beneficial about missing the test apart from saving money. Unless HRT know testing wont make any difference. Maybe the upgrades are so significant that any testing wont mean anything .I was hoping to see Dani Clos driving the F112.

HRT took a very long time to assemble the F112 so maybe they feel that they need more time to implement the upgrades.

Looking at the images from Caja Magica I have realized something significant that has been missing for the past 3 years, HRT finally has a base for the first time.

Edited by xxiiooiixx, 25 April 2012 - 18:41.

#1723 Petroltorque

Petroltorque

• 1,822 posts

Posted 26 April 2012 - 05:22

Personally I don't see HRT making any any progress. They don't have an experienced designer in post and thats an absolute prerequisite for a small team that can't afford large numbers of staff. Commissioning design and build from companies with little F1 experience just doesn't work.

#1724 Prost1997T

Prost1997T

• 1,991 posts

Posted 26 April 2012 - 11:43

Personally I don't see HRT making any any progress. They don't have an experienced designer in post and thats an absolute prerequisite for a small team that can't afford large numbers of staff. Commissioning design and build from companies with little F1 experience just doesn't work.

Who would you suggest?

#1725 pdac

pdac

• 990 posts

Posted 26 April 2012 - 12:02

It's reasonable given the circumstances. They'll go home to do some work on the tech side. Why going to a test where they won't have any upgrades to.

That's the problem. There are key points in the year that you need to meet. All teams aim to bring in significant upgrades when the show moves to Europe and they aim to have those upgrades ready for the test prior to this. First HRT fail to get their car ready for the pre-season testing then they fail to get their upgrades ready for this mid-season test. That's really quite poor.

#1726 Petroltorque

Petroltorque

• 1,822 posts

Posted 26 April 2012 - 13:29

Who would you suggest?

There was talk of hiring Gabrielle Tredozzi.

Edited by Petroltorque, 26 April 2012 - 13:29.

#1727 cbbcisace

cbbcisace

• 1,081 posts

Posted 26 April 2012 - 16:26

That's the problem. There are key points in the year that you need to meet. All teams aim to bring in significant upgrades when the show moves to Europe and they aim to have those upgrades ready for the test prior to this. First HRT fail to get their car ready for the pre-season testing then they fail to get their upgrades ready for this mid-season test. That's really quite poor.

HRT planned to have them ready for BCN not Mugello

#1728 Petroltorque

Petroltorque

• 1,822 posts

Posted 27 April 2012 - 12:13

We'll have to see whether the predicted upgrades for BCN materialise. I for one remain sceptical as HRT have failed to meet all their targets so far. Its for that reason missing the running at Mugello is bad. If the upgrades fail to arrive in time at least they could have further optimised their setup.
I know Holzer claim to be bringing a lighter chassis but is that simply lighter compopnents or a lighter tub. The latter would mean completing the crash tests again with all the associated costs and time constraints.

#1729 cbbcisace

cbbcisace

• 1,081 posts

Posted 27 April 2012 - 12:49

We'll have to see whether the predicted upgrades for BCN materialise. I for one remain sceptical as HRT have failed to meet all their targets so far. Its for that reason missing the running at Mugello is bad. If the upgrades fail to arrive in time at least they could have further optimised their setup.
I know Holzer claim to be bringing a lighter chassis but is that simply lighter compopnents or a lighter tub. The latter would mean completing the crash tests again with all the associated costs and time constraints.

I know quite a lot of people are Sceptical about the team but FI say their upgrades may not be ready, McL don't have big upgrades, Caterham will only have an updated RW and Marussia won't have their upgrade package ready until BCN.

In other news it's being reported that Karthikeyan is running out of Sponsorship already and is not bringing the €8m stated.

Edited by cbbcisace, 27 April 2012 - 12:50.

#1730 Petroltorque

Petroltorque

• 1,822 posts

Posted 27 April 2012 - 13:11

Karthikeyan not bringing the promised funding now where have we heard that before? This year he seems to have lost backing as his only visible sponsor remains TATA.

#1731 Cavani

Cavani

• 905 posts

Posted 27 April 2012 - 13:55

i always wondered who in their right minds sponsors karthikeyan ?

#1732 understeer

understeer

• 204 posts

Posted 27 April 2012 - 20:01

i always wondered who in their right minds sponsors karthikeyan ?

If so, you should also be wondering the same for HRT.

#1733 understeer

understeer

• 204 posts

Posted 27 April 2012 - 20:05

Karthikeyan not bringing the promised funding now where have we heard that before? This year he seems to have lost backing as his only visible sponsor remains TATA.

He always had only TATA. What else have you seen before ? And where is the lack of funding news coming from ?
There were rumors in the beginning of the season that TATA have a performance clause in the sponsorship for HRT. And if HRT loses TATA, its because of their own actions.

#1734 cbbcisace

cbbcisace

• 1,081 posts

Posted 27 April 2012 - 22:00

He always had only TATA. What else have you seen before ? And where is the lack of funding news coming from ?
There were rumors in the beginning of the season that TATA have a performance clause in the sponsorship for HRT. And if HRT loses TATA, its because of their own actions.

Speed, MRF, Base Batteries, Hero Motors, Taj are Narain sponsors as well.

News is coming from India and Spain.

HRT had a clause last year on qualifying and Race inclusion, not so sure on it this year.

As for it being HRT fault, I can only see HRT taking Narain on, it his down to his driving to make sure he stays in his seat surely?

Edited by cbbcisace, 27 April 2012 - 22:01.

#1735 Cavani

Cavani

• 905 posts

Posted 27 April 2012 - 23:13

If so, you should also be wondering the same for HRT.

at least that is a team and your logos will be all over the two cars , the garages , team wear and everything , but sponsoring karthikeyan alone ? why ? what have he got that other drivers who isn't sponsored (algersuari , buemi , heidfeld ,bariichello and so on) dont have ? i guess its the nationality and if so why not chandhok ? he is a better driver

#1736 cbbcisace

cbbcisace

• 1,081 posts

Posted 27 April 2012 - 23:20

at least that is a team and your logos will be all over the two cars , the garages , team wear and everything , but sponsoring karthikeyan alone ? why ? what have he got that other drivers who isn't sponsored (algersuari , buemi , heidfeld ,bariichello and so on) dont have ? i guess its the nationality and if so why not chandhok ? he is a better driver

HRT actually provided a car to Narain first before there lead driver in Pedro, because he brings the cash.

Rubens actually has a similar sponsorship budget now in his other adventure, he would have been such a better pick than Narain.

#1737 understeer

understeer

• 204 posts

Posted 28 April 2012 - 01:23

HRT actually provided a car to Narain first before there lead driver in Pedro, because he brings the cash.

Rubens actually has a similar sponsorship budget now in his other adventure, he would have been such a better pick than Narain.

I have already said this before. It is not money alone, TATA is providing CFD for HRT.

#1738 understeer

understeer

• 204 posts

Posted 28 April 2012 - 01:37

Chandhok is no better driver.

HRT has one good old spanish driver in Pedro and they need a 2nd driver who can bring some resources. Apparently the above mentioned drivers do not bring what they need .
It is not the end of the world where Webber can be slower than vetttel, Massa can be slower than Alonso, Button can be slower than Hamilton, Schumi can be slower than Rosberg.
If HRT can skip all the test sessions , they also deserve Karthikeyan.

#1739 chrcol

chrcol

• 1,010 posts

Posted 28 April 2012 - 02:21

the way I see it, fitting kers as long as reliable is a garuantueed gain.

whilst working on aero is potentially more gain but can take a long time to get results.

Advertisement

#1740 cbbcisace

cbbcisace

• 1,081 posts

Posted 28 April 2012 - 05:17

I have already said this before. It is not money alone, TATA is providing CFD for HRT.

I understand that but is that the only positive to Narain bring in the team?

What if TATA drop the CFD service? but if they are not willing to pay the reputed €8m are they providing the CFD service?

It was CRL that was providing the CFD service who are a part of TATA if I'm right.

Edited by cbbcisace, 28 April 2012 - 06:11.

#1741 Petroltorque

Petroltorque

• 1,822 posts

Posted 28 April 2012 - 06:19

As I see it the CFD is not a problem. There are plenty of companies capable of providing this service at a reasonable cost. With regards Karthikeyan the noise is that he only has enough funding to get him to Montreal.
On the car side the mechanical improvements promised are a lighter chassis, every 10kg weight saving is worth 3 tenths a second a lap gain, inerters to improve contact patch performance of the tyres. Running KERS now seems to have been shelved. On the aero side I'm guessing that they'll concentrate on bringing a completly new front wing (their present design is years out of date) and optimising the exhaust layout around the coke bottle.

#1742 cbbcisace

cbbcisace

• 1,081 posts

Posted 28 April 2012 - 08:21

As I see it the CFD is not a problem. There are plenty of companies capable of providing this service at a reasonable cost. With regards Karthikeyan the noise is that he only has enough funding to get him to Montreal.
On the car side the mechanical improvements promised are a lighter chassis, every 10kg weight saving is worth 3 tenths a second a lap gain, inerters to improve contact patch performance of the tyres. Running KERS now seems to have been shelved. On the aero side I'm guessing that they'll concentrate on bringing a completly new front wing (their present design is years out of date) and optimising the exhaust layout around the coke bottle.

I wonder if that is why HRT are staying at base because they have 2 new chassis to put together?

#1743 xxiiooiixx

xxiiooiixx

• 100 posts

Posted 28 April 2012 - 10:11

I wonder if that is why HRT are staying at base because they have 2 new chassis to put together?

I have a feeling that is the reason but it still doesn't make sense unless they are recycling most of the parts on the current F112's. Maybe it is what they say it is, just time to focus on the move.

I just hope HRT land a bigger sponsor so they wont need to depend so much on drivers like Narain anymore. The problem with having Narain at the moment, HRT cant really gauge how fast Pedro really is. What if for example we had Luizzi vs Pedro and Pedro kept coming last that would mean the car is faster then both the current drivers could push it. That's why HRT should have run a young driver in testing.

#1744 cbbcisace

cbbcisace

• 1,081 posts

Posted 28 April 2012 - 10:26

I have a feeling that is the reason but it still doesn't make sense unless they are recycling most of the parts on the current F112's. Maybe it is what they say it is, just time to focus on the move.

I just hope HRT land a bigger sponsor so they wont need to depend so much on drivers like Narain anymore. The problem with having Narain at the moment, HRT cant really gauge how fast Pedro really is. What if for example we had Luizzi vs Pedro and Pedro kept coming last that would mean the car is faster then both the current drivers could push it. That's why HRT should have run a young driver in testing.

What I mean is new chassis take up to 7 days to be put together. I agree with petrol torque a new front wing is a must, but HRT said that the BCN upgrade would include changes to the rear end as well.

If anyone replaces Narain, it will be Clos.

Edited by cbbcisace, 28 April 2012 - 10:29.

#1745 kandru

kandru

• 178 posts

Posted 28 April 2012 - 18:05

that's actually not true anymore. It was in 2011 though.

#1746 xxiiooiixx

xxiiooiixx

• 100 posts

Posted 30 April 2012 - 22:12

Supporting HRT has just become boring, No testing, no news nothing going on!

#1747 cbbcisace

cbbcisace

• 1,081 posts

Posted 04 May 2012 - 19:35

New sponsors are Cristalbox, Carbonell and Kyocera.

#1748 Creepy

Creepy

• 582 posts

Posted 04 May 2012 - 19:54

New sponsors are Cristalbox, Carbonell and Kyocera.

Woha, I hope the Carbonell loco is really noticeable.

#1749 xxiiooiixx

xxiiooiixx

• 100 posts

Posted 04 May 2012 - 20:57

Woha, I hope the Carbonell loco is really noticeable.

:up: :up: :up: :up: What happened to the beverage company??

#1750 cbbcisace

cbbcisace

• 1,081 posts

Posted 04 May 2012 - 22:14

:up: :up: :up: :up: What happened to the beverage company??

Rumours get made all the time... guess we will see if any are actually announced along with these mentioned.