Photo

HRT 2012 Thread

• Please log in to reply
2071 replies to this topic

#1751 BRG

BRG

• 11,579 posts

Posted 05 May 2012 - 11:44

:up: :up: :up: :up: What happened to the beverage company??

Maybe they did their due diligence check and ran away?

Advertisement

#1752 cbbcisace

cbbcisace

• 1,081 posts

Posted 05 May 2012 - 11:49

Maybe they did their due diligence check and ran away?

Your funny BRG :rotfl:

#1753 xxiiooiixx

xxiiooiixx

• 100 posts

Posted 06 May 2012 - 15:45

Your funny BRG :rotfl:

Notice that the only reason we know about the new sponsors are because of the pictures. HRT have not announced anything yet so it is still likely the Beverage company is awaiting an announcement in Barcelona (if the rumors are true). Might be linked to Deoleo. I have had a look but it doesn't look like they own a beverage company.

Also another thing how is HRT funding this big move on such a small budget. Is HRT getting some extra money from Thesan Capital. I think it was a very good move for HRT to get Jean Todt to visit and validate their new head quarters. HRT is starting to look like a proper F1 team

Edited by xxiiooiixx, 06 May 2012 - 16:05.

#1754 cbbcisace

cbbcisace

• 1,081 posts

Posted 06 May 2012 - 22:06

Notice that the only reason we know about the new sponsors are because of the pictures. HRT have not announced anything yet so it is still likely the Beverage company is awaiting an announcement in Barcelona (if the rumors are true). Might be linked to Deoleo. I have had a look but it doesn't look like they own a beverage company.

Also another thing how is HRT funding this big move on such a small budget. Is HRT getting some extra money from Thesan Capital. I think it was a very good move for HRT to get Jean Todt to visit and validate their new head quarters. HRT is starting to look like a proper F1 team

xxiiooiixx - your wishes maybe coming true, rumours are that Mahou are the new bigger sponsor and they are a Beverage company!

#1755 Petroltorque

Petroltorque

• 1,701 posts

Posted 07 May 2012 - 05:22

I think Thesan funded the move to the new factory. It makes business sense since they now own a race entry and a factory. Before the race team was run entirely out of Kolles' operation so selling the project on would have been problematical.
Does anyone know if the have built up a lighter chassis? I'm guessing but if the had 2 new chassis and used the heavier one as a spare that would set them back around euro 1 million.

#1756 cbbcisace

cbbcisace

• 1,081 posts

Posted 07 May 2012 - 05:44

I think Thesan funded the move to the new factory. It makes business sense since they now own a race entry and a factory. Before the race team was run entirely out of Kolles' operation so selling the project on would have been problematical.
Does anyone know if the have built up a lighter chassis? I'm guessing but if the had 2 new chassis and used the heavier one as a spare that would set them back around euro 1 million.

Rumours that's HRT have saved 15kg Petroltorque on its chassis now.

#1757 puxanando

puxanando

• 3,538 posts

Posted 07 May 2012 - 10:09

CRISTALBOX new sponsor for HRT!

#1758 sosidge

sosidge

• 1,644 posts

Posted 07 May 2012 - 21:17

Is that sponsorship or bartering?

Reads more like Cristalbox have built a wall in their new factory, and HRT will carry their logo in return.

#1759 cbbcisace

cbbcisace

• 1,081 posts

Posted 07 May 2012 - 21:26

Is that sponsorship or bartering?

Reads more like Cristalbox have built a wall in their new factory, and HRT will carry their logo in return.

No they are a Sponsor, but Cristalbox did install something in their factory.

Heard they could pay around €1.5m

How come everything HRT gains is a negative? they can't win, new sponsors added, it must be for free. :rolleyes:

Edited by cbbcisace, 07 May 2012 - 21:29.

Advertisement

#1760 pikamoku

pikamoku

• 328 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 10:58

new sponsor "Carbonell"

http://www.hrtf1team...uderia-hrt.html

Edited by pikamoku, 08 May 2012 - 10:58.

#1761 monza2001

monza2001

• 122 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 17:35

Dani Clos will take part in the first free practice session at the Spanish GP

Spanish driver Dani Clos will step into the F112 for the first time on Friday to take part in the first free practice session of the Spanish Grand Prix which will take place at the Circuit de Catalunya. 23 year-old Clos will substitute teammate Narain Karthikeyan for that session and will join Pedro de la Rosa for the first 90 minutes of practice in Montmeló.

It will be history in the making for HRT Formula 1 Team at the Circuit de Catalunya since this will be the first time that two Spanish drivers hit the track forming a part of a Spanish team at the Spanish Grand Prix. It will be a moment to remember for Spanish motorsport and a great opportunity for Clos to prove his worth in front of his home crowd.

After having completed 377.67 kilometres at the helm of the F111 in the Young Driver Test in Abu Dhabi last November and having joined the team as an official test driver in February, Dani Clos will take another step on Friday and will fulfill another vital aspect of his testing role by completing his first laps at the wheel of the F112. A car that will be brining a series of aerodynamic upgrades for this important Grand Prix.

Dani Clos: "I’m delighted to have this opportunity. It’s something I’ve fought for all my life; to make my debut in Formula 1 and, above all, to be able to do it at the Circuit de Catalunya which is something very special for me. Besides, I’m extremely lucky to be able to do it with a Spanish team, alongside another Spanish driver who I admire and at home. I can’t ask for more! It’s the ideal situation and I’m proud to be where I am with the people who have always been with me and still are. I hope to extract a lot of data from this practice session, contribute with positive things to the team and do my job in the best way I can. I feel 100% ready and I can’t wait for the moment I step into the car and hit the track”.

Luis Pérez-Sala, Team Principal HRT
: "I’m very proud and happy that this moment has arrived and that we’ve given Dani the chance to get in the car on Friday’s first free practice session at such a special and important Grand Prix as is a home Grand Prix. In this first contact he will drive next to Pedro de la Rosa and will have the chance to drive the new F112 for the first time. It’s an important session given the short amount of time on track that we have and more so when you take into account the various aerodynamic upgrades which we have brought. Dani is a great driver and I have no doubt that he will do a good job. Besides, this debut also represents another step forward in our desire for HRT to serve as a platform for young drivers to make it into F1”.

DANI CLOS – PROFILE AND CAREER SUMMARY

Dani Clos was born in Barcelona on the 23rd of October 1988. With a renowned trajectory in karting, Clos made his debut in single-seater racing in 2004 in Formula Renault Italia 2.0, going on to win the Championship in 2006. A year later he joined Renault's F1 programme and took part in the Formula Three Euroseries. In 2008 he entered Williams F1's young drivers' programme and finished in 2nd in the 24H Barcelona race. In 2009 he made his debut in the GP2 series, with a 3rd place finish in Portimao being his best result. In his second year in GP2 he achieved his first win in Turkey alongside various podium finishes. Last year, Dani Clos took one win and two podiums in what was his third season as a GP2 driver. Also in 2011, he took part in the Young Driver Test in Abu Dhabi with HRT F1 Team, completing total of 377.67km in one day and leaving a very good impression on the team. In 2012, Dani Clos joins the HRT Formula 1 Team as its official test driver.

http://www.hrtf1team...-de-espana.html

#1762 jamiegc

jamiegc

• 2,429 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 17:49

Is Karthikeyan being forced to step aside instead of DLR a sign that the rumours re:sponsorship hold some weight?

#1763 cbbcisace

cbbcisace

• 1,081 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 18:05

Is Karthikeyan being forced to step aside instead of DLR a sign that the rumours re:sponsorship hold some weight?

Probably, But Dani has a Unlimited FP Amount in his contract, plus it is the teams home race.

#1764 midgrid

midgrid

• 4,758 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 18:49

Possibly, or perhaps the team just wants to have two Spanish drivers in the cars for its home race.

#1765 King Six

King Six

• 3,230 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 19:00

Karthikeyan can't complain, the team did the same to him so he could drive in the Indian GP.

#1766 Petroltorque

Petroltorque

• 1,701 posts

Posted 10 May 2012 - 06:21

My gut feeling is that any Further sponsorship that Karthikeyan can raise will only guarantee him another guest appearance at the Indian GP.
As an aside how is the financial crisis in Spain is playing out with potential sponsors. I note that the FT claim the Central bank have calculated the the Spanish banks are facing a euro 147 billion write down of bad loans in the building market.

#1767 jamiegc

jamiegc

• 2,429 posts

Posted 10 May 2012 - 07:38

NARAIN Karthikeyan had frustration writ large on his face when I chatted with him recently about his angst of being in Formula 1 with a car that isn't taking him anywhere. It does seem that the elation of being with the elite on a F1 grid does subside when one becomes the whipping boy of the grid.

NK isn't that slow off the blocks as such, and perhaps deserves better for the determination and hard work that he has put in since the early 90s. One's own money has a propensity to disappear faster than a F1 car if sponsors are not in place. His lament is that he doesn't have much to show for as a bank balance for the blood, sweat and tears that he has given to remain in this sport.

He doesn't seem too much inclined to move to another chapter of motorsport, like Karun Chandhok who is now competing in an World Endurance event. I guess it's akin to asking a Test cricketer to play Ranji Trophy because he can't retain a place in the squad! He would rather that he gets a position with Jaguar for the works team as and when it comes about. This would be life after F1 and for reasons that can be considered monetarily too.

NK does have a sweet deal currently with HRT as his seat is in exchange for components such as the gearbox that is valued at around 5 million euros. The gearbox is a part of the Williams-Jaguar JV and for HRT it doesn't matter whether NK brings cash or components equal in value (a little cash is involved too). It's a win-win situation for both, but the happiness rudely stops there. It's a lost situation as far as performance is concerned, with HRT clearly unable to bring anything to the table and NK bringing up the rear end in a chassis that is woefully devoid of any down force. The lack of adherence to the tarmac causes a nightmare due to the top area of the tyre overheating terribly, thus causing blistering. Result? One extra pit-stop. And not being able to even beat the lowly Virgins adds to his gloom.

The departure of the seasoned Geoff Willis from the team has created a huge void on the technical aspect of development. After all, the replacement, Cuquerella, is an engineer promoted to the post of technical director. Quite not the same, is it?

NK, however, may still need a million euros to ensure participation for the entire duration of the championship and this itself is difficult for him to arrange. Sponsors are happy to give him money but not to the team, as obviously, they do not want to be associated with a struggling outfit. Moreover, the contract is loaded. HRT can bring in a replacement driver should his performance not match his teammate's.

Or knowing the ruthless world of F1, NK can even be ousted if another driver arrives with more of the moolah. His discussions with the TN govt to hold events on the Chennai streets with an F1 car may help him raise some money and also give this auto major hub some publicity. But wouldn't it be quicker if the CM were to give him some money from the state's sports corpus? After all, he is the son of the soil.

http://timesofindia....ow/13073193.cms

#1768 jrg19

jrg19

• 6,118 posts

Posted 10 May 2012 - 11:33

Posted Image

Slight change in livery.

#1769 jamiegc

jamiegc

• 2,429 posts

Posted 10 May 2012 - 11:39

Might be awaiting application, but the TATA logo had disappeared from the engine cover......

#1770 Petroltorque

Petroltorque

• 1,701 posts

Posted 10 May 2012 - 13:11

Apparently HRT will be running an upgraded front wing, rear wing and floor. It will be interesting to see if this is a completely new front wing or simply a few new strakes to the existing design.

#1771 midgrid

midgrid

• 4,758 posts

Posted 10 May 2012 - 17:07

Bear in mind that Clos will only be driving in FP1. Karthikeyan still has the seat for the race, and future races (barring a change in circumstances).

#1772 cbbcisace

cbbcisace

• 1,081 posts

Posted 10 May 2012 - 18:17

First Pic of the new front wing.

http://yfrog.com/gywf3mfj

#1773 jamiegc

jamiegc

• 2,429 posts

Posted 10 May 2012 - 18:32

Bear in mind that Clos will only be driving in FP1. Karthikeyan still has the seat for the race, and future races (barring a change in circumstances).

As in the article above, he needs another €1m to secure the seat for the whole season, and even then may not still have the race seat.

#1774 cbbcisace

cbbcisace

• 1,081 posts

Posted 10 May 2012 - 18:36

As in the article above, he needs another €1m to secure the seat for the whole season, and even then may not still have the race seat.

I think he'll be dropped Silverstone time again and he comes back for India.

#1775 DanardiF1

DanardiF1

• 6,577 posts

Posted 10 May 2012 - 18:43

First Pic of the new front wing.

http://yfrog.com/gywf3mfj

Looks better, but still not even on the same level of detail as Marussia.

Not that that is a bad thing of course, progress is progress and I'm sure it's designed with the rest of the car in mind.

#1776 King Six

King Six

• 3,230 posts

Posted 10 May 2012 - 19:01

So after 2 years and a few months, the old wing design is finally given a rest

#1777 cbbcisace

cbbcisace

• 1,081 posts

Posted 10 May 2012 - 19:14

Yes and very welcomed too :clap:

#1778 DanardiF1

DanardiF1

• 6,577 posts

Posted 10 May 2012 - 19:16

A wing design that essentially was first raced by Brawn all the way back in 2009 as well!

#1779 jamiegc

jamiegc

• 2,429 posts

Posted 10 May 2012 - 19:23

I think he'll be dropped Silverstone time again and he comes back for India.

I cant help feeling that Clos stepping in for FP1, albeit at his home GP but also pulling out of GP2 at his home race is to invest his budget in half a season of F1.

Advertisement

#1780 cbbcisace

cbbcisace

• 1,081 posts

Posted 10 May 2012 - 19:31

“@ScarbsF1: HRT new aero package should be a new front wing with a single flap, bargeboard, pod vane and a RW endplate” 

Also new floor that I told Scarbs about.

#1781 Petroltorque

Petroltorque

• 1,701 posts

Posted 10 May 2012 - 19:34

FIA rules prevent a driver testing in free practice and participating in GP2 at the same race weekend.

#1782 jamiegc

jamiegc

• 2,429 posts

Posted 10 May 2012 - 19:47

FIA rules prevent a driver testing in free practice and participating in GP2 at the same race weekend.

Yes, but you would expect that Clos wouldve chosen to drive in GP2 if he was looking to continue the GP2 season.

#1783 cbbcisace

cbbcisace

• 1,081 posts

Posted 10 May 2012 - 19:52

Yes, but you would expect that Clos wouldve chosen to drive in GP2 if he was looking to continue the GP2 season.

Is asked Dani via twitter, he replied to say he wants to fully concentrate on HRT, whether that's means FP's I'm not sure.

#1784 senamic

senamic

• 90 posts

Posted 19 May 2012 - 06:13

Updated the OP to bring us out of the pre season. Apologies for the delay, will endeavour to maintain it a bit better in future. Best of luck to the drivers in Monaco, as always, let us hope for an suprise result!

#1785 Petroltorque

Petroltorque

• 1,701 posts

Posted 19 May 2012 - 06:41

The two races that throw up back suprise results are now upon us in Monte Carlo and Montreal where attrition is high. De La Rosa's recent interview seems to prepare HRT for failing to match Marussia. In fact I would say there is a better chance of Marussia finishing ahead of Caterham than HRT beating Marussia for a third season in a row. Now that they have moved into their definitive factory it will be interesting to see if they hire any new design staff.

#1786 Prost1997T

Prost1997T

• 1,947 posts

Posted 19 May 2012 - 23:57

The two races that throw up back suprise results are now upon us in Monte Carlo and Montreal where attrition is high. De La Rosa's recent interview seems to prepare HRT for failing to match Marussia.

What did he say?

#1787 Petroltorque

Petroltorque

• 1,701 posts

Posted 20 May 2012 - 06:12

What did he say?

It was on the front page of autosport. Basically he said that they should concentrate on improving as a team rather than beating their closest rival.

Edited by Petroltorque, 21 May 2012 - 05:38.

#1788 Baddoer

Baddoer

• 1,495 posts

Posted 20 May 2012 - 20:17

I've heard on the radio they are planning to build road cars

#1789 X61

X61

• 520 posts

Posted 20 May 2012 - 20:28

It was on the front page of autosport. Gasically he said that they should concentrate on improving as a team rather than beating their closest rival.

I agree with Pedro de la Rosa. They need to focus on getting the car better, getting some talent in the second seat, and then they can try to fight for tenth place instead of fighting over nothing with Marussia.

#1790 Petroltorque

Petroltorque

• 1,701 posts

Posted 21 May 2012 - 05:39

What I found most alarming is that they only have 75 staff. That's not enough to effectively run any sort of F1 operation.

#1791 cbbcisace

cbbcisace

• 1,081 posts

Posted 21 May 2012 - 05:47

What I found most alarming is that they only have 75 staff. That's not enough to effectively run any sort of F1 operation.

That's what happens when Kolles take all his staff away.

#1792 V8 Fireworks

V8 Fireworks

• 5,464 posts

Posted 21 May 2012 - 05:47

It should be.

That's a race team basically 10 times the size of the garagistes' operations in the 1960s.

And what... two or three times the size of an equivalent backmarker Indycar team.

Time for RRR to be ruthlessly enforced?

Edited by V8 Fireworks, 21 May 2012 - 05:47.

#1793 Petroltorque

Petroltorque

• 1,701 posts

Posted 21 May 2012 - 12:33

Not that long ago Minardi were delivering on a staffing of 120 people. If you've got a team of 75 that does not leave much above a race team. I think this lack of capacity explains why they can't test at Mugello or get around to integrating Energy recovery technology. I think this years target should be setting up their inhouse design team. The y can still commission external builds of components but at least they would be in control of the project.

#1794 cbbcisace

cbbcisace

• 1,081 posts

Posted 21 May 2012 - 17:10

Not that long ago Minardi were delivering on a staffing of 120 people. If you've got a team of 75 that does not leave much above a race team. I think this lack of capacity explains why they can't test at Mugello or get around to integrating Energy recovery technology. I think this years target should be setting up their inhouse design team. The y can still commission external builds of components but at least they would be in control of the project.

I thought Williams would have "dropped" some members into the team with the KERS support.

#1795 DanardiF1

DanardiF1

• 6,577 posts

Posted 21 May 2012 - 17:41

I thought Williams would have "dropped" some members into the team with the KERS support.

That still costs money, and whilst they are more financially secure, they are probably concentrating on getting more permanent staff on board for the design and development of the aero and chassis first.

#1796 cbbcisace

cbbcisace

• 1,081 posts

Posted 21 May 2012 - 18:00

That still costs money, and whilst they are more financially secure, they are probably concentrating on getting more permanent staff on board for the design and development of the aero and chassis first.

With HRT extending their Williams deal I thought that may have been included.

#1797 DanardiF1

DanardiF1

• 6,577 posts

Posted 21 May 2012 - 18:02

With HRT extending their Williams deal I thought that may have been included.

There's probably a few engineers from Williams there already, but they'll be part of the race weekend team I imagine.

#1798 cbbcisace

cbbcisace

• 1,081 posts

Posted 21 May 2012 - 18:22

There's probably a few engineers from Williams there already, but they'll be part of the race weekend team I imagine.

There is rumours with mergers with Barwa or Racing Engineering GP2 teams as well.

#1799 DanardiF1

DanardiF1

• 6,577 posts

Posted 21 May 2012 - 18:44

There is rumours with mergers with Barwa or Racing Engineering GP2 teams as well.

Makes sense, both well-sorted GP2 squads from Spain.

Is Alejandro Agag involved in HRT then? Because there's been rumours going on for ages about his being part of the setup there.

Advertisement

#1800 cbbcisace

cbbcisace

• 1,081 posts

Posted 21 May 2012 - 19:10

Makes sense, both well-sorted GP2 squads from Spain.

Is Alejandro Agag involved in HRT then? Because there's been rumours going on for ages about his being part of the setup there.

He's not official involved but a lot of his racing staff moved to HRT in the pre season, plus Barwa helped a lot over the preseason whilst in Valencia.

It wouldn't surprise me with a LPS saying HRT will change its name in the future and tie in with Barwa to result in a Barwa Addax Renault F1 Team since there are still rumours that HRT will move to Renault from next year.