Photo

HRT 2012 Thread

• Please log in to reply
2071 replies to this topic

#201 cbbcisace

cbbcisace

• 1,083 posts

Posted 30 November 2011 - 09:12

Saul Ruiz has been quite clear regarding Clos. Not as a race driver, maybe as reserve.

Anyway, next important movement involving HRT is Agag's choice. Whether Agag decide selling or not is closely related with next steps on HRT .;)

Lemec - is Agag involved somewhere in Giedo getting a race drive at HRT?

Advertisement

#202 cbbcisace

cbbcisace

• 1,083 posts

Posted 30 November 2011 - 16:25

HRT have no engine supplier on the FIA entry list, strange or just misprint?

#203 Ulysses777

Ulysses777

• 64 posts

Posted 30 November 2011 - 18:52

Definitely using Cosworth next year. Paperwork problem with the entry, according to the Autosport article.

Possibly explains why PDLR isn't listed either. Unless they haven't decided which car number to give him.

Edited by Ulysses777, 30 November 2011 - 18:53.

#204 lemec

lemec

• 286 posts

Posted 01 December 2011 - 11:18

no clue :rolleyes:

I just have a slight and indirect visibility on HRT issues. Regarding Agag I know the same than all of you.

Edited by lemec, 01 December 2011 - 11:20.

#205 cbbcisace

cbbcisace

• 1,083 posts

Posted 01 December 2011 - 13:32

no clue :rolleyes:

I just have a slight and indirect visibility on HRT issues. Regarding Agag I know the same than all of you.

Do we think the 2nd driver will be a quick decision or not?

#206 lemec

lemec

• 286 posts

Posted 01 December 2011 - 15:16

... apparently there are a new and unexpected player for the 2dn seat so I would say that the decision is not inminent.

Edited by lemec, 01 December 2011 - 15:16.

#207 cbbcisace

cbbcisace

• 1,083 posts

Posted 01 December 2011 - 15:18

... apparently there are a new and unexpected player for the 2dn seat so I would say that the decision is not inminent.

Petrov?

#208 lemec

lemec

• 286 posts

Posted 01 December 2011 - 15:54

Lopez?

#209 DanardiF1

DanardiF1

• 6,850 posts

Posted 01 December 2011 - 16:02

Lopez?

Wow. No way.

#210 Crusoe

Crusoe

• 173 posts

Posted 01 December 2011 - 16:03

Chanoch Nisanny?

#211 cbbcisace

cbbcisace

• 1,083 posts

Posted 01 December 2011 - 16:04

Lopez?

really, that be awesome!

#212 DanardiF1

DanardiF1

• 6,850 posts

Posted 01 December 2011 - 16:31

Chanoch Nisanny?

Him and Plamen Kralev sharing the drive!

#213 lemec

lemec

• 286 posts

Posted 01 December 2011 - 17:05

really, that be awesome!

I think is him the "new player".

Something that many people, maybe, ignore is that REPSOL-YPF could be in a very good position to ease an new Argentian operation to backing him due to their recent huge oilfield finding.

Saul Ruiz has made explicit his interest on "hispanic" drivers.

Could be, also, Esteban Gutierrez but I think is Pechito just cos I think that Gutierrez has enough money as to secure a better wheel.

Edited by lemec, 01 December 2011 - 17:09.

#214 cbbcisace

cbbcisace

• 1,083 posts

Posted 01 December 2011 - 17:09

I think is him the "new player".

Something that many people, maybe, ignore is that REPSOL-YPF could be in a very good position to ease an new Argentian operation to backing him due to their recent huge oilfield finding.

Lemec - I hoped JML had joined USF1 way back when, if he joined HRT at least he will have a team to drive for and is Repsol get involved it will be good for the team!

Any more information on a Toyota link up in the German Design office that the BBC was mentioning last weekend?

#215 lemec

lemec

• 286 posts

Posted 01 December 2011 - 17:11

I think I'll start charging for consulting :smoking:

#216 cbbcisace

cbbcisace

• 1,083 posts

Posted 01 December 2011 - 17:16

I think I'll start charging for consulting :smoking:

You may have too.... Im a big HRT fan so I may write a cheque out to you :p

#217 DanardiF1

DanardiF1

• 6,850 posts

Posted 01 December 2011 - 17:22

Lemec - I hoped JML had joined USF1 way back when, if he joined HRT at least he will have a team to drive for and is Repsol get involved it will be good for the team!

Any more information on a Toyota link up in the German Design office that the BBC was mentioning last weekend?

But will it be good for performance? I don't think a lineup of PDLR and Pechito Lopez is really going to strike fear into the teams around them. Pedro is solid and quick enough, but if you were using him as your lead driver, I would have tried to get some young gun in the 2nd seat who could learn from PDLR and also have that youthful aggression. I would've liked to see Dani Clos, as I think he's not that bad a driver (Racing Engineering aren't the best team in GP2) and could do something in F1.

#218 cbbcisace

cbbcisace

• 1,083 posts

Posted 01 December 2011 - 17:25

But will it be good for performance? I don't think a lineup of PDLR and Pechito Lopez is really going to strike fear into the teams around them. Pedro is solid and quick enough, but if you were using him as your lead driver, I would have tried to get some young gun in the 2nd seat who could learn from PDLR and also have that youthful aggression. I would've liked to see Dani Clos, as I think he's not that bad a driver (Racing Engineering aren't the best team in GP2) and could do something in F1.

Fully agree with you Danardi on the "young gun" i.e Dani Clos but JML was bringing significant funding when USF1 was floating around so I'm sure he will be doing the same if it is him in the 2nd seat..

Dani Clos could well be 3rd driver and reserve for 2012 and move into the team 2013 even the HRT CEO said it was doubtful that Clos would be a race driver for the team this year plus he did mention a latin focus to sponsors which JML would bring.

Edited by cbbcisace, 01 December 2011 - 17:25.

#219 DanardiF1

DanardiF1

• 6,850 posts

Posted 01 December 2011 - 17:30

Fully agree with you Danardi on the "young gun" i.e Dani Clos but JML was bringing significant funding when USF1 was floating around so I'm sure he will be doing the same if it is him in the 2nd seat..

Dani Clos could well be 3rd driver and reserve for 2012 and move into the team 2013 even the HRT CEO said it was doubtful that Clos would be a race driver for the team this year plus he did mention a latin focus to sponsors which JML would bring.

I understand the team needs to keep afloat financially, but Lopez is such an unknown quantity having been out of the 'loop' for so long now. At least Clos is up to speed in GP2, has tested for a couple of teams, and is a 'current' driver in that sense. Lopez was ok in GP2, but that was a while ago now...

I'm sure he'll give it his all if he does get the seat, and fair play to him, I just don't think it's any improvment overall on what Liuzzi/Karthikeyan were bringing. I'd be happy with Karthikeyan coming back for another year really, he was good.

Advertisement

#220 cbbcisace

cbbcisace

• 1,083 posts

Posted 01 December 2011 - 17:33

I understand the team needs to keep afloat financially, but Lopez is such an unknown quantity having been out of the 'loop' for so long now. At least Clos is up to speed in GP2, has tested for a couple of teams, and is a 'current' driver in that sense. Lopez was ok in GP2, but that was a while ago now...

I'm sure he'll give it his all if he does get the seat, and fair play to him, I just don't think it's any improvment overall on what Liuzzi/Karthikeyan were bringing. I'd be happy with Karthikeyan coming back for another year really, he was good.

Yes Karthikeyan was very good this year, but I'm guessing he has fallen out with the team.

I would love Clos in the seat, I guess it just comes down to money for the 2nd seat, which I hoped wouldn't happen.

Saul Ruiz did say announcements on sponsors would be soon and Liuzzi says he has a firm contract :lol:

#221 DanardiF1

DanardiF1

• 6,850 posts

Posted 01 December 2011 - 17:40

Yes Karthikeyan was very good this year, but I'm guessing he has fallen out with the team.

I would love Clos in the seat, I guess it just comes down to money for the 2nd seat, which I hoped wouldn't happen.

Saul Ruiz did say announcements on sponsors would be soon and Liuzzi says he has a firm contract :lol:

I wonder if his contract is any firmer than his one with Force India....

Perhaps he should get Joe Saward to represent him instead of Peter Collins, he keeps giving teams ways of getting rid of Tonio, and we know Joe 'I'm in love with Tonio' Saward would do anything to keep him on the grid... :p

#222 cbbcisace

cbbcisace

• 1,083 posts

Posted 01 December 2011 - 17:45

I wonder if his contract is any firmer than his one with Force India....

Perhaps he should get Joe Saward to represent him instead of Peter Collins, he keeps giving teams ways of getting rid of Tonio, and we know Joe 'I'm in love with Tonio' Saward would do anything to keep him on the grid... :p

Yes quite, good old Joe always fights Tonio's corner.

Saying that he has been quiet about Tonio recently.

#223 Petroltorque

Petroltorque

• 1,892 posts

Posted 01 December 2011 - 17:58

IIRC Peter Windsor had used all of Lopez's money on his longfirm fraud that was USF1. I really don't know where the speed is going to come from to move the team forward. people here are throwing up plenty of potential sponsors but there is no tangible evidence of a major deal. I don't need to repeat my views on the De La Rosa appointment. At season's end Team Lotus were at 105% of the ultimate pace, Marussia were around 106% and HRT were 108%. Tailend Midfield pace was within 4% of Red Bull pace. Lets hope the team make the necessary step forward with the chassis and participate in the preseason testing.

Edited by Petroltorque, 01 December 2011 - 18:05.

#224 cbbcisace

cbbcisace

• 1,083 posts

Posted 01 December 2011 - 18:03

IIRC Peter Windsor had used all of Lopez's money on his longfirm fraud that was USF1. I really don't know where the speed is going to come from to move the team forward. people here are throwing up plenty of potential sponsors but there is no tangible evidence of a major deal. I don't need to repeat my views on the De La Rosa appointment. Lets hope the team make the necessary step forward and participate in the preseason testing.

Petroltorque, the team need to turn up to the first test with the new car as the FIA has changed the regs so crash tests are completed before 1st in Jerez.

Also the team has worked out without major funding for the last 2 seasons and it is believed the new owners are putting more money in.

De la Rosa - I have seen your views and I couldn't quite believe it at first but surely he is there to replace Liuzzi plus he is Spanish - that is what the new owners want.

The team has moved to Valencia and they have believed to recruited more staff for both the racing and design teams.

#225 lemec

lemec

• 286 posts

Posted 01 December 2011 - 18:08

Sure Lopez is not the better choice for perfomance the point is that pure performace on track is not the main variable for this Team. Their objectives finish at the same place that those of Caterham and that's all.

#226 Petroltorque

Petroltorque

• 1,892 posts

Posted 01 December 2011 - 18:10

Kartikheyan's problem was that he was inconsistent his lap times varied alarmingly from lap to lap even taking into account being lapped. You can't race like that on Pirelli rubber.

#227 Sanman59

Sanman59

• 268 posts

Posted 02 December 2011 - 00:53

Yes he is a potential buyer for HRT. He already owns the Spanish Addax team which competes in the GP2 Series with Van der Garde as driver and McGregor as sponsor. :stoned:

#228 lemec

lemec

• 286 posts

Posted 02 December 2011 - 10:38

I really don't know whether Agag is on the run to take some shares on HRT or not. In any case it has sense as well as it would be a very good movement for the team, not only cos the funds but also because Agag is a very well-connected guy.

Edited by lemec, 02 December 2011 - 10:39.

#229 Sanman59

Sanman59

• 268 posts

Posted 02 December 2011 - 11:19

I really don't know whether Agag is on the run to take some shares on HRT or not. In any case it has sense as well as it would be a very good movement for the team, not only cos the funds but also because Agag is a very well-connected guy.

Absolutely - he was involved with Bernie and Flav in QPR. Also close to Mittal. He could totally transform the fortunes of the team.

;)

#230 lemec

lemec

• 286 posts

Posted 02 December 2011 - 13:12

"He was" ? :confused:

Mittal? :confused:

Edited by lemec, 02 December 2011 - 13:18.

#231 cbbcisace

cbbcisace

• 1,083 posts

Posted 02 December 2011 - 13:18

Yes Tony Fernandes owns QPR now.

#232 lemec

lemec

• 286 posts

Posted 02 December 2011 - 13:23

dunno. :rolleyes: I'm not interested on football.

Anyway, in additon to his fiendship with BE and FB their relationship with chinese industrial conglomerate (through Addax) and the gulf fortunes (Barwa) made his real assets.

#233 Sanman59

Sanman59

• 268 posts

Posted 02 December 2011 - 13:49

http://en.wikipedia..../Alejandro_Agag

All here.

#234 lemec

lemec

• 286 posts

Posted 02 December 2011 - 14:00

OK I see, still football subculture :cool:

#235 jamiegc

jamiegc

• 2,429 posts

Posted 02 December 2011 - 16:27

Agag had a behind the scenes boardroom role at QPR but is gone now. There is a documentary coming out imminently about Flav & Bernie's ownership and by all accounts Agag doesnt come out of it too well...

#236 cbbcisace

cbbcisace

• 1,083 posts

Posted 05 December 2011 - 19:46

Dani Clos to have HRT "Role" for 2012

Points on the article:-

- Clos will be involved with the team from 2012 onwards.
- 2nd driver announced in next 2/3 weeks.
- New owners trying to break the "Hispania Racing" image.
- 45 new team personnel added to Valencia base.
- Colin Kolles is now only the TP and not the person with all the contracts for team personnel/trucks/equipment etc.
- 60/70% of team by next year will be Spanish.

#237 Petroltorque

Petroltorque

• 1,892 posts

Posted 06 December 2011 - 06:57

If Clos takes part in GP2 the rules preclude him from doing Free practice running with HRT on the same weekend. One assumes the delay in announcing the second driver is to see who's left without a seat when the music stops further up the grid. The article must be littered with mis translations. In order to finish on par with Caterham, HRT will have to find performance.

#238 marcoferrari

marcoferrari

• 2,004 posts

Posted 06 December 2011 - 07:19

Kartikheyan's problem was that he was inconsistent his lap times varied alarmingly from lap to lap even taking into account being lapped. You can't race like that on Pirelli rubber.

Sure he was after a 6 years break... :) He needed a bit more mileage to settle down and improve the consistency...  ;) But I think he did a pretty nice job in India, matching Ricciardo... This time it was a new circuit for both drivers...

#239 Clatter

Clatter

• 27,640 posts

Posted 06 December 2011 - 12:03

If Clos takes part in GP2 the rules preclude him from doing Free practice running with HRT on the same weekend. One assumes the delay in announcing the second driver is to see who's left without a seat when the music stops further up the grid. The article must be littered with mis translations. In order to finish on par with Caterham, HRT will have to find performance.

Is that an actual rule?

Advertisement

#240 dau

dau

• 4,578 posts

Posted 06 December 2011 - 12:15

Is that an actual rule?

The only thing i could find in the Sporting Regulations:

No driver nominated by a team participating in the FIA Formula One World Championship will be permitted
to participate in the Series.

#241 Owen

Owen

• 10,720 posts

Posted 06 December 2011 - 12:19

Dani Clos to have HRT "Role" for 2012
- New owners trying to break the "Hispania Racing" image.
- 60/70% of team by next year will be Spanish.

Are they a spanish team or not? :drunk:

#242 Myrvold

Myrvold

• 2,877 posts

Posted 06 December 2011 - 15:45

Isn't Hispanic more latino (middle-south american)

#243 lemec

lemec

• 286 posts

Posted 06 December 2011 - 16:08

:rotfl:

nosense!

#244 Szoelloe

Szoelloe

• 5,745 posts

Posted 06 December 2011 - 16:10

Isn't Hispanic more latino (middle-south american)

:rolleyes:

#245 highdownforce

highdownforce

• 3,681 posts

Posted 06 December 2011 - 16:13

Are they a spanish team or not? :drunk:

As I've understood, they are trying to break the "Hispania Racing" CURRENT SH1T INCARNATION image.

#246 Owen

Owen

• 10,720 posts

Posted 06 December 2011 - 16:29

As I've understood, they are trying to break the "Hispania Racing" CURRENT SH1T INCARNATION image.

ok, so it's about respectability. Fair enough.

#247 lemec

lemec

• 286 posts

Posted 06 December 2011 - 16:47

"Hispania" is, among other things, the name of the former owners company. Thesan, as it is obvious, has to break with the link beetwen the F1 Team and the former owners and built the link with its own company. No matters whether the image is better or worse. They just have to get the Team image linked to themselves and not keept it sticked on the Carabante's company.

Edited by lemec, 06 December 2011 - 16:47.

#248 Myrvold

Myrvold

• 2,877 posts

Posted 06 December 2011 - 16:48

:rolleyes:

I honestly have no idea, that is what I think or belive it is! You are very much allowed to give a real answer instead of some nonsense smiley.

#249 highdownforce

highdownforce

• 3,681 posts

Posted 06 December 2011 - 17:43

"Hispania" is, among other things, the name of the former owners company. Thesan, as it is obvious, has to break with the link beetwen the F1 Team and the former owners and built the link with its own company. No matters whether the image is better or worse. They just have to get the Team image linked to themselves and not keept it sticked on the Carabante's company.

That's a much better answer than mine.

#250 highdownforce

highdownforce

• 3,681 posts

Posted 06 December 2011 - 17:43

That's a much better answer than mine.