HRT 2012 Thread

• Please log in to reply
2071 replies to this topic

#301 xxiiooiixx

xxiiooiixx

• 100 posts

Posted 14 December 2011 - 12:53

Joan Villadelprat, perhaps?

Jose Mourinho lol I lie! I think it will most likely be a Spaniard, although Flavio is still a very reasonable possibility,after all F1 has always been about musical chairs!

Edited by xxiiooiixx, 14 December 2011 - 12:55.

Advertisement

#302 MrFondue

MrFondue

• 323 posts

Posted 14 December 2011 - 12:57

Well, even HRT can make a good decision once in a while.

What's wrong with Kolles? He did a good job at Jordan/Midland/Spyker/Force India :lol:

#303 One

One

• 6,527 posts

Posted 14 December 2011 - 13:09

AFAIK HRT outsuorce the manufacture of the tub to Carbo Tech an Austrian firm. Thats much cheaper than knocking up your own home brew concoction.

Team Lotus was quicker when they did not built own tabs... :p

#304 cbbcisace

cbbcisace

• 1,081 posts

Posted 14 December 2011 - 14:49

Team Lotus was quicker when they did not built own tabs... :p

Agag from Barwa Addax team could be the new team principal?

#305 Iscurrega

Iscurrega

• 369 posts

Posted 14 December 2011 - 15:04

The problem is not Kolles. Hispania won't become competitive this year and they are not moving anywhere to grow as a team, so why doing that?

#306 dau

dau

• 4,569 posts

Posted 14 December 2011 - 15:06

Saward writes that the plan to go to Valencia has been shelved as well and now they want to have a base somewhere near Madrid. So they don't even know where to go yet, but already burn off their bridges with Kolles and presumable his factory in Greding which has been used as a base in the last two years?

#307 cbbcisace

cbbcisace

• 1,081 posts

Posted 14 December 2011 - 15:42

Saward writes that the plan to go to Valencia has been shelved as well and now they want to have a base somewhere near Madrid. So they don't even know where to go yet, but already burn off their bridges with Kolles and presumable his factory in Greding which has been used as a base in the last two years?

Do we belive Saward, he seems to have a vendetta against HRT, maybe he asked for a job :lol:

The Valencia move is 70/80% complete.

#308 lemec

lemec

• 286 posts

Posted 14 December 2011 - 15:44

Well I guess that joe read a bad translation of what Saul Ruiz explained about this issue some weeks ago.

HRT has an operations base at Valencia but it's not their wished building.

There are discussions, still on going, in order to get the former facilities of the Copa America BMW Oracle Team which are the target of the Team. Apparently there are dificulties to get an agreement and at the same time, an offer from Madrid regional officers in order to ease the re-location the Team in Madrid. I would say (IMO) at Jarama Circuit which is close to Barajas International Airport and to Technological poles. This offer is being treated as a possible plan B.

#309 highdownforce

highdownforce

• 3,677 posts

Posted 14 December 2011 - 15:49

Saward writes that the plan to go to Valencia has been shelved as well and now they want to have a base somewhere near Madrid. So they don't even know where to go yet[...]

I've searched for some info and this November 23rd report from local news indicates that when HRT PR was questioned about a HQ in Valencia they have said that the decision had being made and the current that any movement to Valencia would be provisional only. The team was not able to confirm when the actual place for their new HQ would be announced.

At the occasion, Perez-Sala also said that their current base in Valencia will be in use for storing the 2011 cars when they come back from Brazil.
The Spanish ex-driver also claims that a agreement over the use of the building formerly occupied by BMW Oracle yacht team was reached yet.

---
Hence some reading of Spanish news is always fruitful, I've read that Dani Clos will be their reserve driver and his 'undisclosed' role in the team will be hang around with the team on the paddock and pit, affirmed Saul Ruiz de Marcos. It is implied that HRT is expecting their second seat to be occupied by a pay driver. It is also hinted that Luis Pérez Sala may indeed take the Team Principal role from Kolles.
http://www.mascoche....parte-hrt-2012/

Edit:

Well I guess that joe read a bad translation of what Saul Ruiz explained about this issue some weeks ago.

HRT has an operations base at Valencia but it's not their wished building.
There are discussions, still on going, in order to get the former facilities of the Copa America BMW Oracle Team which are the target of the Team. Apparently there are dificulties to get an agreement [...]

You was faster than me, and pretty much right about it. Saward got a mistranslation or is counting for their "Plan A" being ditched.

[...] and at the same time, an offer from Madrid regional officers in order to ease the re-location the Team in Madrid. I would say (IMO) at Jarama Circuit which is close to Barajas International Airport and to Technological poles. This offer is being treated as a possible plan B.

How much more do we know about that?

Edited by highdownforce, 14 December 2011 - 15:56.

#310 One

One

• 6,527 posts

Posted 14 December 2011 - 15:52

Or simply we do not know enough.

Spanish Formula One team is a dream fpr them, but by knowing that the rest of the grid is fighting for 0,2 sec. Shall HRT question; how many minutes were they running behind the front runner at the GP 2011? Could go Bust during 2011. I personally have a big question mark here to let Kolles go, or time will tell. Oh well who knows Super Aguri did an excellent job (With Brits)

[edit] spell

Edited by One, 14 December 2011 - 15:54.

#311 cbbcisace

cbbcisace

• 1,081 posts

Posted 14 December 2011 - 15:55

I've searched for some info and this November 23rd report from local news indicates that when HRT PR was questioned about a HQ in Valencia they have said that the decision had being made and the current that any movement to Valencia would be provisional only. The team was not able to confirm when the actual place for their new HQ would be announced.

At the occasion, Perez-Sala also said that their current base in Valencia will be in use for storing the 2011 cars when they come back from Brazil.
The Spanish ex-driver also claims that a agreement over the use of the building formerly occupied by BMW Oracle yacht team was reached yet.

---
Hence some reading of Spanish news is always fruitful, I've read that Dani Clos will be their reserve driver and his 'undisclosed' role in the team will be hang around with the team on the paddock and pit, affirmed Saul Ruiz de Marcos. It is implied that HRT is expecting their second seat to be occupied by a pay driver. It is also hinted that Luis Pérez Sala may indeed take the Team Principal role from Kolles.
http://www.mascoche....parte-hrt-2012/

All correct points, I think good old joe has got his wires cross...

#312 cbbcisace

cbbcisace

• 1,081 posts

Posted 14 December 2011 - 15:56

Or simply we do not know enough.

Spanish Formula One team is a dream fpr them, but by knowing that the rest of the grid is fighting for 0,2 sec. Shall HRT question; how many minutes were they running behind the front runner at the GP 2011? Could go Bust during 2011. I personally have a big question mark here to let Kolles go, or time will tell. Oh well who knows Super Aguri did an excellent job (With Brits)

[edit] spell

Kolles has been "sidelined" for a few months now as the new owners has bought all the "equipment" of Kolles i.e Trucks.

He has just been a TP for a while not be all and end all.

#313 One

One

• 6,527 posts

Posted 14 December 2011 - 15:59

Kolles has been "sidelined" for a few months now as the new owners has bought all the "equipment" of Kolles i.e Trucks.

He has just been a TP for a while not be all and end all.

including German base? How about contract with engineers and so on?

#314 highdownforce

highdownforce

• 3,677 posts

Posted 14 December 2011 - 16:03

Surely not the base.

#315 dau

dau

• 4,569 posts

Posted 14 December 2011 - 16:07

All correct points, I think good old joe has got his wires cross...

How so? The Valencia base he talked about is probably the BMW Oracle building lemec mentioned - and he seemed to be correct in saying that a base in Madrid seems to be "the latest idea". Yeah, he's wrong at times, but there are not that many english sources on what happens at HRT.

Anyway, with Perez-Sala involved, could we see Daniel Juncadella in some reserve role?

Edited by dau, 14 December 2011 - 16:07.

#316 lemec

lemec

• 286 posts

Posted 14 December 2011 - 16:09

The same ... the interest is to replace german and british personel with spaniards. The difficult thing is doing this without break the Team.

They know that.

But so far we're talking about the "race facilities", I mean, those that till today were rented to Kolles by a "service provision contract".

Anyway, with Perez-Sala involved, could we see Daniel Juncadella in some reserve role?

No. :cool:

Edited by lemec, 14 December 2011 - 16:15.

#317 dau

dau

• 4,569 posts

Posted 14 December 2011 - 16:13

No. :cool:

Oh well, fine. Lack of money? He seemed to be one of the most talented Spanish drivers atm and being Perez-Sala's nephew could've helped.

#318 lemec

lemec

• 286 posts

Posted 14 December 2011 - 16:18

... his uncle said that he's not ready ... yet

#319 Petroltorque

Petroltorque

• 1,665 posts

Posted 14 December 2011 - 16:45

Certain sources have suggested that Van Der Garde is a candidate for the second seat. I sincerely hope not. He's crap! I'm sorry but no amount of money could justify hiring him and with all his money he couldn't even buy a win in GP2 this year.
One will have to see how this new management stacks up. Kolles for all his faults at least kept them ticking over.

Edited by Petroltorque, 14 December 2011 - 16:48.

Advertisement

#320 cbbcisace

cbbcisace

• 1,081 posts

Posted 14 December 2011 - 16:46

... his uncle said that he's not ready ... yet

Alguersuari at HRT now?

#321 Owen

Owen

• 10,478 posts

Posted 14 December 2011 - 16:48

HRT and Colin Kolles are parting ways, effective Dec. 15th
Source: HRT

Suddenly feels like it's ok to like this team again.

#322 Petroltorque

Petroltorque

• 1,665 posts

Posted 14 December 2011 - 17:00

Alguersuari at HRT now?

I said weeks ago that signing De La Rosa was lunacy especially with the driver market so fluid. Now, low and behold, STR cleans house and there's a young, quick driver with a good technical brain on the market. And oh wait, he's Spanish....

#323 cbbcisace

cbbcisace

• 1,081 posts

Posted 14 December 2011 - 17:02

Certain sources have suggested that Van Der Garde is a candidate for the second seat. I sincerely hope not. He's crap! I'm sorry but no amount of money could justify hiring him and with all his money he couldn't even buy a win in GP2 this year.
One will have to see how this new management stacks up. Kolles for all his faults at least kept them ticking over.

Your right r.e Kolles - kept them going.

Something is not quite right with him and the owners for quite sometime now.

re VDG, I hope not - if they owners wan't a spanish national team - they need Jamie know that he is free!

#324 cbbcisace

cbbcisace

• 1,081 posts

Posted 14 December 2011 - 17:07

I said weeks ago that signing De La Rosa was lunacy especially with the driver market so fluid. Now, low and behold, STR cleans house and there's a young, quick driver with a good technical brain on the market. And oh wait, he's Spanish....

Maybe Jamie has been in line for the 2nd seat all along.

#325 george1981

george1981

• 732 posts

Posted 14 December 2011 - 17:17

More rumours today about HRT having Renault engines next year.

If according to HRT they are using the Williams 2012 gearbox and KERS then it would be logical to use Renault engines.

The price appears to be taking Petrov off their hands! :rotfl:

That would be a very good deal and good to see IMO. Petrov is at least as competitive as any pay driver or paid driver HRT are likely to get and the Renault engines are a step up over the Cosworth.

#326 highdownforce

highdownforce

• 3,677 posts

Posted 14 December 2011 - 17:21

Maybe Jamie has been in line for the 2nd seat all along.

I'm sure this was considered.

#327 cbbcisace

cbbcisace

• 1,081 posts

Posted 14 December 2011 - 17:22

I mean HRT have been saying they would announce the 2nd driver 2/3 weeks after the Brazilian GP.

Maybe they knew about Jamie's situation and have been waiting for this to happen to him?

#328 highdownforce

highdownforce

• 3,677 posts

Posted 14 December 2011 - 17:24

I mean HRT have been saying they would announce the 2nd driver 2/3 weeks after the Brazilian GP.

Maybe they knew about Jamie's situation and have been waiting for this to happen to him?

Not that they knew, but if you have all the time in the world to wait how thing unfold why rush it?

#329 Petroltorque

Petroltorque

• 1,665 posts

Posted 14 December 2011 - 17:24

That would assume that HRT knew that STR was culling both drivers. The decision at STR came out of the blue!

#330 cbbcisace

cbbcisace

• 1,081 posts

Posted 14 December 2011 - 17:28

That would assume that HRT knew that STR was culling both drivers. The decision at STR came out of the blue!

Im sure Jamie would have some idea what is going on.

Anyway - I just want him to stay in F1.

#331 lemec

lemec

• 286 posts

Posted 14 December 2011 - 17:31

Now it's obvious that Jaime knew that his seat was not secured at all... and I'm pretty sure his father has Luis' personal phone number  ;)

#332 cbbcisace

cbbcisace

• 1,081 posts

Posted 14 December 2011 - 17:34

Now it's obvious that Jaime knew that his seat was not secured at all... and I'm pretty sure his father has Luis' personal phone number ;)

come on lemec, spill the beans - is Jamie the surprise contender you was speaking about a few days ago? :up:

#333 highdownforce

highdownforce

• 3,677 posts

Posted 14 December 2011 - 18:10

Alguersuari will need some backing, so unless some Spanish company wills to sponsor him, I don't believe that HRT will pick him.

#334 purplejohn

purplejohn

• 1,601 posts

Posted 14 December 2011 - 18:12

wasn't cespa linked with alguersuari

#335 cbbcisace

cbbcisace

• 1,081 posts

Posted 14 December 2011 - 18:17

think so..

#336 purplejohn

purplejohn

• 1,601 posts

Posted 14 December 2011 - 18:19

surely they could bring some much needed funds to HRT

#337 cbbcisace

cbbcisace

• 1,081 posts

Posted 14 December 2011 - 18:20

surely they could bring some much needed funds to HRT

guess we will see.

if what HRT CEO is saying, he wants sponsors to join the team, not from driver personal sponsors.

#338 highdownforce

highdownforce

• 3,677 posts

Posted 14 December 2011 - 18:21

No CEPSA is linked to STR shareholders.
Repsol was linked to Alguersuari.

Edited by highdownforce, 14 December 2011 - 18:25.

#339 cbbcisace

cbbcisace

• 1,081 posts

Posted 15 December 2011 - 10:15

No CEPSA is linked to STR shareholders.
Repsol was linked to Alguersuari.

http://www.hispaniar...ews.php?nid=610

Luis Perez-Sala is new Team Principal.

Advertisement

#340 Francesc

Francesc

• 2,342 posts

Posted 15 December 2011 - 10:18

Luis Perez Sala?

:smoking: :smoking:

#341 One

One

• 6,527 posts

Posted 15 December 2011 - 10:47

Seen from the move to get one experienced Spanish driver without knowledge of finance, Jaime seems to me on the top of the HRT list...

#342 Petroltorque

Petroltorque

• 1,665 posts

Posted 15 December 2011 - 11:16

The success of ex drivers as team priciples is not great even when you're spending someone else's money. For a team at the back you just cannot afford any poor decisions and you don't have the luxury of on the job training.

#343 jamiegc

jamiegc

• 2,429 posts

Posted 15 December 2011 - 11:22

Seen from the move to get one experienced Spanish driver without knowledge of finance, Jaime seems to me on the top of the HRT list...

Alguersuari will need to quickly find some backing to join HRT. Rumoured that his dads businesses are struggling at the moment as well.

#344 Petroltorque

Petroltorque

• 1,665 posts

Posted 15 December 2011 - 11:42

I can't see why they can't just replace De La rosa with Alguesari if neither is bringing funding. I'm still at a loss as to why HRT rushed the appointment of its drivers.

#345 lemec

lemec

• 286 posts

Posted 15 December 2011 - 12:57

Come on, stop bashing on Pedro. We got it. U don't like him. It's your opinion and it's respectable even if it's wrong.

On the other hand. I'm not sure that appointing Luis to the rol of team manager is a good decision.
As far as I know he completely lack of experience on management.

Hope It's Saul who will manage the Team and the rol of Luis will be just being the Team representative in the official bodies.

Edited by lemec, 15 December 2011 - 13:00.

#346 Petroltorque

Petroltorque

• 1,665 posts

Posted 15 December 2011 - 13:45

Amiabilty does not come into it. I don't rate De La Rosa. People are quick to accept that because a driver builds up a repution as a test driver he's now integral to car development. Ask yourself why did drivers like Wurz, Heidfeld and De La Rosa lose their race seats in the first place? There's no point having your lead driver circulating 0.5-1s a lap off the ultimate pace in the hope you produce enough parts to make up that deficit.
I am predicting now that the following drivers will struggle badly next year; Pic, Verne and De La Rosa.

Edited by Petroltorque, 15 December 2011 - 15:38.

#347 cbbcisace

cbbcisace

• 1,081 posts

Posted 15 December 2011 - 13:52

Amiabilty does not come into it. I don't rate De La Rosa. People are quick to accept that because a driver builds up a repution as a test driver he's now integral to car development. Ask yourself why did drivers like Wurz, Heidfeld and De La Rosa lose their race seats in the first place? There's no point having your lead driver circulating 0.5-14 a lap off the ultimate pace in the hope you produce enough parts to make up that deficit.
I am predicting now that the owing drivers will struggle badly next year; Pic, Verne and De La Rosa.

The new owners obviously want a completely new start with HRT.

Even Manfredi Ravetto has left, so its a new start.

My opinion on de la Rosa - he is a competent older driver and is a great PR man, with the new teams you need a young gun and someone with either talent or money, this is why I can't see Liuzzi with the team next year.

#348 highdownforce

highdownforce

• 3,677 posts

Posted 15 December 2011 - 13:56

I can't see why they can't just replace De La rosa with Alguesari if neither is bringing funding. I'm still at a loss as to why HRT rushed the appointment of its drivers.

It looks pretty stupid now, doesn't it?

#349 cbbcisace

cbbcisace

• 1,081 posts

Posted 15 December 2011 - 13:58

It looks pretty stupid now, doesn't it?

Im guessing de la Rosa replaces Liuzzi - to keep this Spanish link going.

#350 Disgrace

Disgrace
  • RC Forum Host

• 9,797 posts

Posted 15 December 2011 - 14:03

:smoking: :smoking:

Well done.

I agree with highdownforce as well. With Sutil, Barrichello, Petrov, d'Ambrosio, Senna, Buemi and most interestingly, Alguersuari all on the market, the quick move to sign de la Rosa seems a bit silly in retrospect. He is neither an outstanding talent nor a source of money. He is a nationality/personality.

Sauber quickly realised in 2010 that he didn't need him and I think HRT will be thinking the same mid-season. The same has come of the useless Liuzzi, even HRT can do better.

Edited by Disgrace, 15 December 2011 - 14:06.