Photo

HRT 2012 Thread

• Please log in to reply
2071 replies to this topic

#351 lemec

lemec

• 286 posts

Posted 15 December 2011 - 14:35

Just another bunch of negative predictions about this Team that time will prove false.

:cool:

Advertisement

#352 cbbcisace

cbbcisace

• 1,081 posts

Posted 15 December 2011 - 14:37

Just another bunch of negative predictions about this Team that time will prove false.

:cool:

You can't get more positive than me lemec. :up:

#353 purplejohn

purplejohn

• 1,601 posts

Posted 15 December 2011 - 14:42

Well done.

I agree with highdownforce as well. With Sutil, Barrichello, Petrov, d'Ambrosio, Senna, Buemi and most interestingly, Alguersuari all on the market, the quick move to sign de la Rosa seems a bit silly in retrospect. He is neither an outstanding talent nor a source of money. He is a nationality/personality.

Sauber quickly realised in 2010 that he didn't need him and I think HRT will be thinking the same mid-season. The same has come of the useless Liuzzi, even HRT can do better.

I wouldnt be surprised if he gets the boot mid season

#354 showtime

showtime

• 2,585 posts

Posted 15 December 2011 - 14:51

After two disappointing seasons in 2012 I'll be supporting HRT. Things are finally being done as they should have been done from the beginning.

#355 One

One

• 6,527 posts

Posted 15 December 2011 - 14:58

When you roll around the back of the grid 2 second or 4 slower than the top runner, what matter is a PR which bring more money into the team and experience that sort team's organization better. I assume that Pedro will not race 2013 thereby remaining in the HRT organization, that is a better move. COm'on, Pedro will make a move or four that will surprise many 2012 thereby keeping HRT on record.

That said, question will be the another driver. I can hardly think to have them drive non pay drive as it is the nature of lower team, unless they can sell drivers like a foot ball team. So perhaps, Senna or Petrov?

Edited by One, 15 December 2011 - 14:59.

#356 highdownforce

highdownforce

• 3,677 posts

Posted 15 December 2011 - 15:13

When you roll around the back of the grid 2 second or 4 slower than the top runner, what matter is a PR which bring more money into the team and experience that sort team's organization better. I assume that Pedro will not race 2013 thereby remaining in the HRT organization, that is a better move. COm'on, Pedro will make a move or four that will surprise many 2012 thereby keeping HRT on record.

That said, question will be the another driver. I can hardly think to have them drive non pay drive as it is the nature of lower team, unless they can sell drivers like a foot ball team. So perhaps, Senna or Petrov?

Senna back at HRT?!
:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
Even with Kolles gone this would never happen.

#357 cbbcisace

cbbcisace

• 1,081 posts

Posted 15 December 2011 - 15:14

Senna may have a chance that Kolles has left, Its assumed that the second seat is between Petrov and van der Garde.

#358 cbbcisace

cbbcisace

• 1,081 posts

Posted 15 December 2011 - 15:14

Senna back at HRT?!

I thought Senna left HRT because of Kolles, is that not right highdownforce?

#359 lemec

lemec

• 286 posts

Posted 15 December 2011 - 15:17

Petrov money + Jaime, as reserve driver, sounds quite well to me :)

Van der Garde (Agag money) + Jaime is not bad neither.

Edited by lemec, 15 December 2011 - 15:19.

Advertisement

#360 highdownforce

highdownforce

• 3,677 posts

Posted 15 December 2011 - 15:18

I thought Senna left HRT because of Kolles, is that not right highdownforce?

That's the main reason surely, but also the prospect to be part of a team like LRGP even as a third driver.
He stressed this many times during this season while he didn't have a drive yet.

Also, I'm convinced that he has settled for being Lotus F1 reserve driver again for 2012.

#361 cbbcisace

cbbcisace

• 1,081 posts

Posted 15 December 2011 - 15:34

That's the main reason surely, but also the prospect to be part of a team like LRGP even as a third driver.
He stressed this many times during this season while he didn't have a drive yet.

Also, I'm convinced that he has settled for being Lotus F1 reserve driver again for 2012.

re Senna driving for HRT, i believe to be the case that he had a "dud" car and Chandok, Yamamoto and Klien had the better car/parts due to them paying for the drives.

He probably will be Lotus F1 reserve driver next year but it is believed that D'Ambrosio and some Spanish lady is getting reserve seats as well there.

#362 Petroltorque

Petroltorque

• 1,559 posts

Posted 15 December 2011 - 15:49

Senna back at HRT?!

I don't know. Looking from the outside, HRT's management seem to have searched though Adrian Campos' rubbish tip and acquired his business plan, if you ignore Meta Image and Dallara it looks pretty familiar. In fact, I could stand to be corrected but didn't Campos plan to run De La Rosa and Senna. It could be history repeating. ( Please note I typed this with my tongue firmly in my cheek.)

Edited by Petroltorque, 15 December 2011 - 15:50.

#363 Petroltorque

Petroltorque

• 1,559 posts

Posted 15 December 2011 - 15:55

Petrov money + Jaime, as reserve driver, sounds quite well to me :)

Van der Garde (Agag money) + Jaime is not bad neither.

I Think Petrov may be inline for Trulli's seat at Caterham. The smart money said someone outbid Ricciardo for that seat. As for Van Der Garde, do you follow open wheel racing..?

#364 Sanman59

Sanman59

• 268 posts

Posted 15 December 2011 - 16:03

I said weeks ago that signing De La Rosa was lunacy especially with the driver market so fluid. Now, low and behold, STR cleans house and there's a young, quick driver with a good technical brain on the market. And oh wait, he's Spanish....

They must sign Alguersuari now and they might then have a chance of scoring a point! There is no better candidate, period ..... and then they should also be able to persuade some worthwhile sponsor commitment from the likes of Repsol.

:kiss:

Edited by Sanman59, 15 December 2011 - 16:04.

#365 lemec

lemec

• 286 posts

Posted 15 December 2011 - 16:08

In fact, I could stand to be corrected but didn't Campos plan to run De La Rosa and Senna.

You're right.

#366 lemec

lemec

• 286 posts

Posted 15 December 2011 - 16:11

As for Van Der Garde, do you follow open wheel racing..?

:evil:

as you do!

#367 Sanman59

Sanman59

• 268 posts

Posted 16 December 2011 - 16:56

I Think Petrov may be inline for Trulli's seat at Caterham. The smart money said someone outbid Ricciardo for that seat. As for Van Der Garde, do you follow open wheel racing..?

Senna - no chance.

Sutil for Caterham.

Petrov to Marussia

Glock to Williams

HRT will go for Alguersuari

http://formula-one.s...eye-hrt-option/

Edited by Sanman59, 16 December 2011 - 16:57.

#368 lemec

lemec

• 286 posts

Posted 16 December 2011 - 17:11

Senna - no chance.

Glock for Caterham.

Petrov to HRT (Jaime reserve)

Sutil to Williams

Buemi to Marussia

:smoking:

#369 Petroltorque

Petroltorque

• 1,559 posts

Posted 16 December 2011 - 17:16

I think Alguesari will get the seat only if he's going to come with backing. I suppose there's always the possibility of Spanish motorsport officials convincing a company like Repsol to back him again. But that assumes that HRT's management have not already signed someone else.

Edited by Petroltorque, 16 December 2011 - 17:18.

#370 xxiiooiixx

xxiiooiixx

• 100 posts

Posted 16 December 2011 - 19:21

I think Alguesari will get the seat only if he's going to come with backing. I suppose there's always the possibility of Spanish motorsport officials convincing a company like Repsol to back him again. But that assumes that HRT's management have not already signed someone else.

I think it will definitely be Pedro and Alguersuari, an all Spanish team! Mclaren could not resist it and Mercedes could not either. Just look at the pattern of things,… . 1) new owners say they want HRT to remain a Spanish team, 2) HRT appoints a Spanish driver (PDLR), a BBC commentator passes comments on HRT being a national team. 3) HRT moves to Spain, 4) HRT replaces Kolles with a Spaniard….. What next HRT announce a second Spanish driver… HRT announce a major Spanish Sponsor. If in fact Alguersuari still has a contact with STR then they might give him a drive with HRT as part of the Negotiations and I am sure HRT are willing to take him.

#371 DanardiF1

DanardiF1

• 6,469 posts

Posted 16 December 2011 - 20:27

I think it will definitely be Pedro and Alguersuari, an all Spanish team! Mclaren could not resist it and Mercedes could not either. Just look at the pattern of things,… . 1) new owners say they want HRT to remain a Spanish team, 2) HRT appoints a Spanish driver (PDLR), a BBC commentator passes comments on HRT being a national team. 3) HRT moves to Spain, 4) HRT replaces Kolles with a Spaniard….. What next HRT announce a second Spanish driver… HRT announce a major Spanish Sponsor. If in fact Alguersuari still has a contact with STR then they might give him a drive with HRT as part of the Negotiations and I am sure HRT are willing to take him.

Cepsa was on the Toro Rosso, but that was tied to a potential buyout of the team by the Arab parent company... whether Cepsa have any say in who they'd like to sponsor I don't know, because they could've either chosen STR for Jaime, or because of this buyout (which still hasn't happened...).

#372 xxiiooiixx

xxiiooiixx

• 100 posts

Posted 16 December 2011 - 20:50

Cepsa was on the Toro Rosso, but that was tied to a potential buyout of the team by the Arab parent company... whether Cepsa have any say in who they'd like to sponsor I don't know, because they could've either chosen STR for Jaime, or because of this buyout (which still hasn't happened...).

HRT wasn't that attractive to Spanish sponsors the past few years because to be honest there was very little reason to. Now if HRT have 2 Spanish drivers and the whole nation watching with hope and expectation, then any Spanish sponsor with money to spend in F1 will be stupid to miss such an opportunity. HRT should jump at this opportunity, they are probably on the phone to potential Sponsors at this very moment! I would if it was me. HRT should openly invite Jaime to join and openly ask for sponsors to come forward. Silence can only mean discussions are taking place.

I am sure something will happen! At the end of it Cepsa is just a brand name even though an Arab company owns them, they might look to promote the brand in Spain rather then say In Italy or in the UK where no body cares!

Edited by xxiiooiixx, 16 December 2011 - 20:55.

#373 Eden

Eden

• 49 posts

Posted 16 December 2011 - 21:01

I think nice Spanish sponsors with cash to spend could be Inditex (Zara, Pull&Bear, etc) or ECI which are doing really good even at times of crisis.

#374 DanardiF1

DanardiF1

• 6,469 posts

Posted 16 December 2011 - 21:10

HRT wasn't that attractive to Spanish sponsors the past few years because to be honest there was very little reason to. Now if HRT have 2 Spanish drivers and the whole nation watching with hope and expectation, then any Spanish sponsor with money to spend in F1 will be stupid to miss such an opportunity. HRT should jump at this opportunity, they are probably on the phone to potential Sponsors at this very moment! I would if it was me. HRT should openly invite Jaime to join and openly ask for sponsors to come forward. Silence can only mean discussions are taking place.

I am sure something will happen! At the end of it Cepsa is just a brand name even though an Arab company owns them, they might look to promote the brand in Spain rather then say In Italy or in the UK where no body cares!

You know they already tried that approach when Campos signed Senna. They signed him hoping that that would pull sponsors in, but nothing came as no-one wanted to put their hands in their pocket for a startup operation.

Whilst going for a Spanish national team approach is a good idea for the team and it's identity, searching for purely Spanish sponsors might be narrowing their scope too much. A sponsor isn't to help national identity, or else Santander wouldn't be sponsoring Ferrari (admittedly through Alonso). If anything Alonso is the reason why you should look outside of Spain for sponsors as well, as all the F1 coverage goes to him. All the people at the circuits in testing (aside from me :p) are there for Alonso. Alguersuari as an up and coming driver might help spread some of this attention out, so HRT should see him as a sensible option... BUT... they shouldn't hire him first and then expect sponsors to roll in... they probably need to convince a sponsor to help pay for him, on the basis that he will provide top-class performance and he's a star in the making.

#375 showtime

showtime

• 2,585 posts

Posted 16 December 2011 - 21:13

I think nice Spanish sponsors with cash to spend could be Inditex (Zara, Pull&Bear, etc) or ECI which are doing really good even at times of crisis.

INDITEX doesn't spend a single euro in advertising so it would be the last brand you could expect sponsoring from.

#376 Baddoer

Baddoer

• 1,495 posts

Posted 16 December 2011 - 21:16

Senna - No chance
Buemi - No chance
Sutil - No chance
Aguersuari - No chance
Petrov - No chance
Kubica - No chance

Did i forgot someone?

#377 cbbcisace

cbbcisace

• 1,081 posts

Posted 16 December 2011 - 22:06

New Team Personnel:-

CEO - Saúl Ruiz de Marcos

Team Principal - Luis Pérez-Sala

Chief Race and Test Engineer - Toni Cuquerella

Business Development Director - Óscar Leyva

Team Manager - Carlos Nunes

Sporting Director & Technical Coordinator - Jacques Eeckelaert

Head of Communications and PR - Maria Serrat

#378 DanardiF1

DanardiF1

• 6,469 posts

Posted 16 December 2011 - 22:20

With the change in management, do we think a name change will be on the cards at any time? They don't have any historical payments to lose by doing so, and seeing as the Hispania in HRT is not involved anymore, they've got a team name that doesn't mean anything!?!

They're basically the H Racing Team at the moment...

#379 cbbcisace

cbbcisace

• 1,081 posts

Posted 16 December 2011 - 22:27

With the change in management, do we think a name change will be on the cards at any time? They don't have any historical payments to lose by doing so, and seeing as the Hispania in HRT is not involved anymore, they've got a team name that doesn't mean anything!?!

Me going of my instinct - Barwa Addax will be involved in he future.

The 2 new personnel I listed above are from the Barwa Addax GP2/GP3 teams and Alejandro Agag is believed to have a small share in HRT now.

Advertisement

#380 xxiiooiixx

xxiiooiixx

• 100 posts

Posted 16 December 2011 - 23:53

You know they already tried that approach when Campos signed Senna. They signed him hoping that that would pull sponsors in, but nothing came as no-one wanted to put their hands in their pocket for a startup operation.

Whilst going for a Spanish national team approach is a good idea for the team and it's identity, searching for purely Spanish sponsors might be narrowing their scope too much. A sponsor isn't to help national identity, or else Santander wouldn't be sponsoring Ferrari (admittedly through Alonso). If anything Alonso is the reason why you should look outside of Spain for sponsors as well, as all the F1 coverage goes to him. All the people at the circuits in testing (aside from me :p) are there for Alonso. Alguersuari as an up and coming driver might help spread some of this attention out, so HRT should see him as a sensible option... BUT... they shouldn't hire him first and then expect sponsors to roll in... they probably need to convince a sponsor to help pay for him, on the basis that he will provide top-class performance and he's a star in the making.

You right it would not be a safe bet on another non pay driver. I think they should exhaust every avenue & explore the idea even if it means another switch in the middle of the season. What I am worried about now is all the new personnel! Probably going to take them time to adjust meaning possible mistakes and reliability issues.

#381 lemec

lemec

• 286 posts

Posted 17 December 2011 - 09:29

It had ... around 20-25 % this year to be raised till 50-60 % during 2012.

That's the money Berger is souposed to invest in his GP2 project.

#382 lemec

lemec

• 286 posts

Posted 17 December 2011 - 09:33

Senna - No chance
Buemi - No chance
Sutil - No chance
Aguersuari - No chance
Petrov - No chance
Kubica - No chance

Did i forgot someone?

yep. Baddoer - No chance at all no brain neither :p

#383 jamiegc

jamiegc

• 2,429 posts

Posted 17 December 2011 - 09:39

As far as i understand it, HRT have missed the boat for a name change for 2012.

#384 lemec

lemec

• 286 posts

Posted 17 December 2011 - 14:32

they don't want to change the name. That also was largely explained by Saul Ruiz some weeks ago. They´re happy with HRT.

#385 showtime

showtime

• 2,585 posts

Posted 17 December 2011 - 14:37

@adamcooperf1: #F1 Luis Sala says HRT in no hurry to name second driver: "It’s a decision we surely won’t make until the start of next year."

Interview with Luis Pérez Sala: http://hispaniaracin...ews.php?nid=612

Edited by showtime, 17 December 2011 - 14:42.

#386 cbbcisace

cbbcisace

• 1,081 posts

Posted 17 December 2011 - 14:45

@adamcooperf1: #F1 Luis Sala says HRT in no hurry to name second driver: "It’s a decision we surely won’t make until the start of next year."

Interview with Luis Pérez Sala: http://hispaniaracin...ews.php?nid=612

Intresting to note on that interview that they are in negotiation with several drivers.

#387 fisssssi

fisssssi

• 993 posts

Posted 17 December 2011 - 16:42

I think Aguersuari will get the 2nd HRT seat, thrash de la Rosa next year, and get a better drive sooner or later.

#388 Petroltorque

Petroltorque

• 1,559 posts

Posted 17 December 2011 - 17:05

Intresting to note on that interview that they are in negotiation with several drivers.

More interesting is that they seem to be writing off next season and blaming it on the relocation. Perez Sala should know that rule stability gives the best opportunity to close a performance deficit. The major rule changes on will see in 2014 will increase the deficit to the front again.

#389 cbbcisace

cbbcisace

• 1,081 posts

Posted 17 December 2011 - 17:38

More interesting is that they seem to be writing off next season and blaming it on the relocation. Perez Sala should know that rule stability gives the best opportunity to close a performance deficit. The major rule changes on will see in 2014 will increase the deficit to the front again.

Agreed - Lets see what happens next year then.

#390 Amphicar

Amphicar

• 1,855 posts

Posted 17 December 2011 - 18:34

"We’re taking a step back so that we can take two forward. 2012 will be an important year for us to settle and face a more natural and stable situation in 2013."

So for next season they are going to take a step back from the performance they achieved this year? I bet Pedro de la Rosa was thrilled to hear that!

#391 cbbcisace

cbbcisace

• 1,081 posts

Posted 17 December 2011 - 18:48

"We’re taking a step back so that we can take two forward. 2012 will be an important year for us to settle and face a more natural and stable situation in 2013."

So for next season they are going to take a step back from the performance they achieved this year? I bet Pedro de la Rosa was thrilled to hear that!

If you read the whole article - Perez - Sala wants the team to move forward performance wise, he means in logistics and everything associated with the base of the team.

#392 lemec

lemec

• 286 posts

Posted 17 December 2011 - 19:22

He's not talking about on track perfomace but about the fact they're replacing a race team that was working together for two year. The new Team will suffer of the evident freshmen problems.

Once again, they know that, they accept that and I would say they are happy having this problem. It´s the first time since Sauber that a F1 structure it´s being built abroad the "natural place" at UK and they're doing that during a mondial recession !
:clap: :clap:

I would like see Mercedes moving to Germany, RBR to Austria or Reault at France or Toyota, Honda ...

Edited by lemec, 18 December 2011 - 22:42.

#393 jetalt

jetalt

• 495 posts

Posted 18 December 2011 - 15:21

HRT F1 Team will have a shop in Madrid.

Edited by jetalt, 18 December 2011 - 15:22.

#394 cbbcisace

cbbcisace

• 1,081 posts

Posted 18 December 2011 - 15:47

HRT F1 Team will have a shop in Madrid.

Is this sarcasm jetalt or is this for real?

#395 jetalt

jetalt

• 495 posts

Posted 18 December 2011 - 15:55

Is this sarcasm jetalt or is this for real?

It's for real:

http://a1.sphotos.ak...973268746_n.jpg

Edited by jetalt, 18 December 2011 - 15:59.

#396 cbbcisace

cbbcisace

• 1,081 posts

Posted 18 December 2011 - 15:59

It's for real:

:up: HRT are trying to change the image of the team - for good I think!.

EDIT: thanks jet alt

Edited by cbbcisace, 18 December 2011 - 16:01.

#397 jetalt

jetalt

• 495 posts

Posted 18 December 2011 - 16:01

It's for real:

See page 50 of this link:

http://www.youkioske...diciembre-2011/

#398 showtime

showtime

• 2,585 posts

Posted 18 December 2011 - 16:08