Photo

HRT 2012 Thread

• Please log in to reply
2071 replies to this topic

#401 jamiegc

jamiegc

• 2,429 posts

Posted 18 December 2011 - 18:13

Giedo Van Der Garde looks a good bet for the 2nd seat at the moment, although with plenty of blank cheques floating around the paddock his cheque may not be quite big enough.

Alguersuari looks a definite for the test driver seat.

Advertisement

#402 Petroltorque

Petroltorque

• 1,701 posts

Posted 18 December 2011 - 19:40

Giedo Van Der Garde looks a good bet for the 2nd seat at the moment, although with plenty of blank cheques floating around the paddock his cheque may not be quite big enough.

Alguersuari looks a definite for the test driver seat.

By no stretch of the imagination is Van der Garde a good option for the team and I can't see Alguesari taking a reserve role if he's not offered a race seat.
The reason its difficult to assess a driver's F1 ability from his junior record is that even in a spec series a well funded driver can purchase a competitive seat. For all Van der Garde's money couldn't even buy him a win in GP2. Unless he brings Maldonado or Pic level funding I would not entertain this bum.

#403 jamiegc

jamiegc

• 2,429 posts

Posted 18 December 2011 - 20:19

By no stretch of the imagination is Van der Garde a good option for the team and I can't see Alguesari taking a reserve role if he's not offered a race seat.
The reason its difficult to assess a driver's F1 ability from his junior record is that even in a spec series a well funded driver can purchase a competitive seat. For all Van der Garde's money couldn't even buy him a win in GP2. Unless he brings Maldonado or Pic level funding I would not entertain this bum.

I didn't say he was a good option, rather a good bet he will get the seat.

It's rumoured that he has $15m of McGregor money, and he HAS won GP2 races.

#404 highdownforce

highdownforce

• 3,678 posts

Posted 18 December 2011 - 20:35

Varlion is the teams new clothing sponsors: for team wear/mechanics/engineers

So this means no McGregor and no VdG.

Edited by highdownforce, 18 December 2011 - 20:37.

#405 cbbcisace

cbbcisace

• 1,081 posts

Posted 18 December 2011 - 20:43

So this means no McGregor and no VdG.

Well HRT haven't officially announced the clothing deal, but it is in MARCA newspaper and online.

#406 Fastcake

Fastcake

• 6,169 posts

Posted 18 December 2011 - 20:59

Once again, they know that, they accept that and I would say they are happy having this problem. It´s the first time since Sauber that a F1 structure it´s being built abroad the "natural place" at UK and they're doing that during a mondial recession !
:clap: :clap:

I would like see Mercedes moving to Germany, RBR to Austria or Reault at France or Toyota, Honda ...

Ermm why? Why would you really want to see that? I think it's a mistake really for HRT's new owners are moving the team from Kolles place in Germany, where there is plenty of existing expertise, to Madrid. Just another bunch of amateurs who are probably going to sell up again once they realise they're out of their depth.

#407 highdownforce

highdownforce

• 3,678 posts

Posted 18 December 2011 - 21:07

Well HRT haven't officially announced the clothing deal, but it is in MARCA newspaper and online.

I've seen it http://www.marca.com...1324221382.html

Hispania in 2009 had a sort of equal deal with black button.

Posted Image
Engine cover

#408 cbbcisace

cbbcisace

• 1,081 posts

Posted 18 December 2011 - 22:38

I've seen it http://www.marca.com...1324221382.html

Hispania in 2009 had a sort of equal deal with black button.

Posted Image
Engine cover

What happened to that deal with Black Button?

Edited by cbbcisace, 18 December 2011 - 22:48.

#409 cbbcisace

cbbcisace

• 1,081 posts

Posted 18 December 2011 - 22:41

Ermm why? Why would you really want to see that? I think it's a mistake really for HRT's new owners are moving the team from Kolles place in Germany, where there is plenty of existing expertise, to Madrid. Just another bunch of amateurs who are probably going to sell up again once they realise they're out of their depth.

Not sure about that?

Yes its true that Spain is not the F1 world like the UK is but all HRT are doing are moving what they have (equipment/cars/personnel) to a new base in Valencia, they have already recruited new people from exsisiting organisations i.e Barwa Addax. HRT still have the design base in Munich where they have people who have worked for Jordan,Toyota, Super Aguri, Prost etc.

#410 Petroltorque

Petroltorque

• 1,701 posts

Posted 19 December 2011 - 07:26

I would say that moving the race shop to a base in Spain is not the issue. There's probably enough Spanish based staff in lower formula series that could fill vacancies. The problem would arise if they tried shifting the design hub. How many of the settled staff would be willing to relocate and that would adversely HRT. Teams rise and fall by the quality of their chassis, so they need to produce the absolute best package out of the box.
I appreciate it that the UK is still percieved as an F1 centre but thats mainly due to most of the teams are here. In terms of manufacturing, the best composite and materials technology is in Germany and to a lesser extent Italy.
In response to Van Der Garde, I know he lucked into wins in 2009 but since then he couldn't find his ass with both hands in the dark.

#411 lemec

lemec

• 286 posts

Posted 19 December 2011 - 10:29

The 2012 contender was designed by Willis before he left the Team. The technical personel involved in the design and further evolution remain the same as well as the design office at Munich is not included (so far) by the re-location.

Regarding VDG, 49 pts, hes as good (or bad) for HRT as Charles Pic, 52 pts, is for Virgin. This pair of usseless drivers won de GP2 title for the Team.

In addition, VDG is with Agag since some time and there is already some high Barwa-Addax officers joining HRT. Oscar Leyva, new Business Development Director and Carlos Nunes, new Team Manager ... Who's next?

Edited by lemec, 19 December 2011 - 10:49.

#412 understeer

understeer

• 204 posts

Posted 20 December 2011 - 17:39

The 2nd driver could be Narain Karthikeyan. I read he is not participating in the new i1 series in India as it could clash with his f1 schedule . So there are only 2 seasts available, 1 at williams and 1 at HRT. HRT is the likely option .Narain could bring TATA+ bunch of Indian sponsors . Also he could get favors from Williams as Jaguar(TATA owned) is developing the hybrid concept with Williams.

#413 lemec

lemec

• 286 posts

Posted 20 December 2011 - 17:51

According to LPS the 2nd seat is not a priority right now:

“We are in advanced talks with several drivers but we can’t anticipate anything yet. It’s a decision we surely won’t make until the start of next year because, at this stage, who will be the team’s second driver for next season is perhaps the least urgent one right now”.

#414 understeer

understeer

• 204 posts

Posted 21 December 2011 - 15:00

LPS is talking about the second driver. He said that the second driver needs to bring money. That means Liuzzi is out. He also said Algesuari is not in the list of Drivers.

So it could be
Petrov
Karthikeyan
Senna
Sutil

#415 lemec

lemec

• 286 posts

Posted 22 December 2011 - 10:04

NO.

He said that Jaime's availability was unexpected and he said, also, that signing the 2nd [and reserve] drivers is not a priority so far.

It could be, in addition to yours ...

Jaime,
Soucek,
Heidfeld,
Buemi,
Gutierrez,
Lopez,

I would like if they bring back Takuma :smoking:

#416 One

One

• 6,527 posts

Posted 22 December 2011 - 10:06

NO.

I would like if they bring back Takuma :smoking:

:cool:

And Honda engine perhaps from 2013?

#417 Baddoer

Baddoer

• 1,495 posts

Posted 22 December 2011 - 10:18

:cool:

And Honda engine perhaps from 2013?

No.

#418 jamiegc

jamiegc

• 2,429 posts

Posted 22 December 2011 - 11:49

Its almost certainly Giedo Van Der Garde.

#419 lemec

lemec

• 286 posts

Posted 22 December 2011 - 17:43

http://www.hrtf1team.com/christmas/

:clap:

Advertisement

#420 cbbcisace

cbbcisace

• 1,081 posts

Posted 22 December 2011 - 20:11

So HRT aero office was created in September, lead by Stephan Chosse

Jacky Eeckelaert is the technical manager of the team, supported by Toni Cuquerella, and the man in charge of the design office is based in Hofer and lead by Jean Claude Martens ( I believe he worked for Toyota).

Seems to be a positive step for the Design side of the F112.

#421 lemec

lemec

• 286 posts

Posted 22 December 2011 - 22:29

Jean Claude Martens worked for Toyota and also for Jaguar F1, but I don`t got this point ... He´s with Performance GmbH of HOLZER gruppe not with HRT

#422 cbbcisace

cbbcisace

• 1,081 posts

Posted 22 December 2011 - 23:28

Jean Claude Martens worked for Toyota and also for Jaguar F1, but I don`t got this point ... He´s with Performance GmbH of HOLZER gruppe not with HRT

I think Holzer Gruppe was initially helping with Colin Kolles designing the F112 earlier on in the year, but is Martens not a HRT employee?

#423 Iseriouslyhadenough

Iseriouslyhadenough

• 144 posts

Posted 22 December 2011 - 23:49

http://www.hrtf1team.com/christmas/

:clap: indeed. Very well done. I hope they didn't used up next years car budget for that flash animation, though ;)

#424 Baddoer

Baddoer

• 1,495 posts

Posted 23 December 2011 - 08:56

Jacky Eeckelaert is the technical manager of the team, supported by Toni Cuquerella, and the man in charge of the design office is based in Hofer and lead by Jean Claude Martens ( I believe he worked for Toyota).

Martens designed TF101 which was only test car, so he's quite unknown man as actual F1 racing car designer.

#425 lemec

lemec

• 286 posts

Posted 23 December 2011 - 10:46

Martens is not in charge of F112 design, that was done by Willis and Eeckelaert take over once Willis leave. Martens is, apparently, in charge of the monocoque manufacturing and that as "Chef Konstrukteur" at Performance GmbH, that is, as HRT contractor.

#426 falkenauge

falkenauge

• 48 posts

Posted 24 December 2011 - 13:30

LPS is talking about the second driver. He said that the second driver needs to bring money. That means Liuzzi is out. He also said Algesuari is not in the list of Drivers.

So it could be
Petrov
Karthikeyan
Senna
Sutil

I´m sure Sutil is out of formula one. He says often in German TV that he wants drive a car, which is able to make good points. So HRT couldn´t be an option and my personal expectations at Williams are very critical, too, so I see him in DTM next year or as testdriver at Mercedes GP.

I would say Petrov is the most probable option.

#427 cbbcisace

cbbcisace

• 1,081 posts

Posted 27 December 2011 - 13:16

Liuzzi now quoted as saying his 2012 contract was signed with the previous owners.

Bad luck Tonio!

#428 lemec

lemec

• 286 posts

Posted 27 December 2011 - 14:10

That makes no difference ... the point is that the contract has enough clauses as to brake the agreement as soon as the employer wished ...

HRT = Hispano Russian Team ?

:stoned:

Edited by lemec, 27 December 2011 - 14:12.

#429 cbbcisace

cbbcisace

• 1,081 posts

Posted 27 December 2011 - 14:18

That makes no difference ... the point is that the contract has enough clauses as to brake the agreement as soon as the employer wished ...

HRT = Hispano Russian Team ?

:stoned:

Fully agreed, Tonio must have known what was happening as soon as PDLR was signed.
Are you thinking still thinking Petrov for the 2nd seat lemec???

Edited by cbbcisace, 27 December 2011 - 14:18.

#430 lemec

lemec

• 286 posts

Posted 27 December 2011 - 14:41

Yes.

I'm still convinced that's between him and Gutierrez.

Edited by lemec, 27 December 2011 - 14:44.

#431 highdownforce

highdownforce

• 3,678 posts

Posted 27 December 2011 - 14:47

Yes.

I'm still convinced that's between him and Gutierrez.

AFAIK, he stills part of the deal with Telmex and Sauber, don't you think?

#432 cbbcisace

cbbcisace

• 1,081 posts

Posted 27 December 2011 - 15:02

AFAIK, he stills part of the deal with Telmex and Sauber, don't you think?

Yes, could be quite unlikely he would drive for HRT.

#433 lemec

lemec

• 286 posts

Posted 27 December 2011 - 15:40

it is ... but Sauber is not interested at all on Esteban. It's Mr Slim who is forcing Mr Sauber to accept the driver for the reserve rol, so Mr Slim could decide that is better moving the guy to a Team as titular that keeping him on Sauber where he's simply burying his carreer.

#434 cbbcisace

cbbcisace

• 1,081 posts

Posted 27 December 2011 - 15:56

it is ... but Sauber is not interested at all on Esteban. It's Mr Slim who is forcing Mr Sauber to accept the driver for the reserve rol, so Mr Slim could decide that is better moving the guy to a Team as titular that keeping him on Sauber where he's simply burying his carreer.

If that is the case then anything could happen...

#435 lemec

lemec

• 286 posts

Posted 27 December 2011 - 16:07

... just my five cents

#436 highdownforce

highdownforce

• 3,678 posts

Posted 27 December 2011 - 16:19

But Sauber is quite interested on Mr. Slim (son's) money.
I believe that Sauber and Telmex has a deal on the same fashion of Williams and PDVSA, the sponsor can name one of the drivers.
If one day Perez moves to Ferrari, then Gutierrez takes his seat.
Gutierrez didn't assume Perez seat this year by lack of experience and Sauber has done the right thing on the occasion.

Also, Esteban is only 20 years old and has to show more at ART GP before jumping ship. He's at Sauber to learn.
In 2012 he'll be expected to be one of the main contenders for the GP2 title, only if he fulfills that he will be hot property.

The boy still has to mature a bit.

#437 lemec

lemec

• 286 posts

Posted 27 December 2011 - 16:44

The Telmex money is paying Perez seat but seems not being of any guarrantee for Gutierrez. Last time was DLR nor Gutierrez who took the free seat :cool: His reserve rol is a fantasy.

In addition, as you say, if one day Perez moves out Esteban could take his place at Sauber ... driving today for HRT can only help him to achive that ....

I don't disagree with you when saying that the boy is only twenty and has to mature but should his backers think that he's ready and that the money they are putting on him will be much more profitable gaining the visibility that a F1 Team gives ... he'll mature really fast  ;)

#438 sheogorath

sheogorath

• 300 posts

Posted 27 December 2011 - 17:06

Question though: While I'm aware he is a GP3 champion, his GP2 results are nothing to write home about, specially compared to that of Perez, so would he actually be able to get a seat at Sauber if he moves to HRT?.

I really doubt it, specially if Perez moves to Ferrari.

#439 cbbcisace

cbbcisace

• 1,081 posts

Posted 28 December 2011 - 00:36

Marc Gene - 2nd HRT driver?

http://translate.goo...l...ml?spref=tw

Advertisement

#440 showtime

showtime

• 2,585 posts

Posted 28 December 2011 - 00:56

Marc Gene - 2nd HRT driver?

http://translate.goo...l...ml?spref=tw

Today is the Spanish equivalent of April Fools Day so don't believe any surprising news from Spanish media for the next 24 hours.

#441 puxanando

puxanando

• 3,538 posts

Posted 28 December 2011 - 11:58

Jaime second HRT driver?

#442 Sanman59

Sanman59

• 268 posts

Posted 29 December 2011 - 16:28

Jaime second HRT driver?

Looking Good! - Definitely their best option.

#443 ezequiel

ezequiel

• 881 posts

Posted 29 December 2011 - 17:59

http://translate.goo.....6t=1324229228

translated article:-

Varlion is the teams new clothing sponsors: for team wear/mechanics/engineers

Interesting. It's also Facu Regalía's main sponsor I understand, who just signed with Adrián Campos to race for him in AutoGP and F3 Open (and I think Campos is now a kind of manager for him too).

Oh, Corsa reports that Regalía aims to test for HRT at the end of 2012 thanks to the Varlion and Campos links.

Edited by ezequiel, 29 December 2011 - 18:40.

#444 jbar8773

jbar8773

• 3 posts

Posted 29 December 2011 - 20:13

Looking Good! - Definitely their best option.

As much as I'd love this to be true, again it was posted yesterday when it was the "Day of the Holy Innocents" in spain so highly doubt its validity.

I really hope they do chose Jaime and he wants to be with them although i would rather see him some how pull together a large sponsorship package and go to Williams and Sutil to come to HRT

#445 marcoferrari

marcoferrari

• 2,004 posts

Posted 30 December 2011 - 08:04

As much as I'd love this to be true, again it was posted yesterday when it was the "Day of the Holy Innocents" in spain so highly doubt its validity.

I really hope they do chose Jaime and he wants to be with them although i would rather see him some how pull together a large sponsorship package and go to Williams and Sutil to come to HRT

Both Alguersuari and Sutil deserve much more then a drive at HRT after such a season... But we will see, if Hulkenberg and Vergne are better... My opinion is NO...

Edited by marcoferrari, 30 December 2011 - 08:05.

#446 DanardiF1

DanardiF1

• 6,585 posts

Posted 30 December 2011 - 08:14

Both Alguersuari and Sutil deserve much more then a drive at HRT after such a season... But we will see, if Hulkenberg and Vergne are better... My opinion is NO...

Hulkenberg: Yes
Vergne: No

I'd much rather have seen a Ricciardo/Alguersuari line-up at STR, but if Jaime can keep himself in F1 with HRT, who look to be securing a more long-term future, than he should take the opportunity.

#447 kurski

kurski

• 263 posts

Posted 30 December 2011 - 14:53

Martens is, apparently, in charge of the monocoque manufacturing and that as "Chef Konstrukteur" at Performance GmbH, that is, as HRT contractor.

Do you know whether other people Performance GmbH, company, contractor HRT F1 Team?...

#448 cbbcisace

cbbcisace

• 1,081 posts

Posted 31 December 2011 - 20:19

Lots of Spanish speaking forums mentioning that HRT are going to announce "something" on the 3rd January.

2nd driver, New Sponsors, Definitive Base?

#449 joshb

joshb

• 3,285 posts

Posted 31 December 2011 - 21:32

With the team erring on the side of a fully Spanish Team, will Spain and its sponsors get behind it or will they have to struggle until they get the big break before the sponsors come

#450 cbbcisace

cbbcisace

• 1,081 posts

Posted 31 December 2011 - 22:34

With the team erring on the side of a fully Spanish Team, will Spain and its sponsors get behind it or will they have to struggle until they get the big break before the sponsors come

Its a difficult one, HRT new owners did mention new sponsors from the new year, guess we will just have to see?