NASCAR 2012

• Please log in to reply
2191 replies to this topic

#1051 whitewaterMkII

whitewaterMkII

• 5,356 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 04:49

heh
the wife sez Ruebens should pass on Indycar now and switch to NASCAR after seeing the highlights this weekend
he can collect 10 mil a year to race JPM for 20th...

me, after watching highlights, my surprise is godaddy took 8th at Texas NNS (DP) and 3rd at LB(JH), good on them
the CFest was the bomb, trading it for racing was EZ

Advertisement

#1052 loki

loki

• 2,155 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 05:06

Hopefully they can get the money to run Ryan Truex in a few races. He has been quick in the last few years running in the Nationwide cars, and has already run a race for RAB last weekend.

The Truex deal was part of the MWR alignment. It's basically kicked Kenny Wallace out of the seat once he got the car in the top 30 with some pretty good runs, driving for free. Herman got them to 20th but have dropped 4 spots after Texas. We may see Truex back but the deal is really for Pastrana, whom I doubt can keep it high enough in the point to get a locked in spot. He's high profile and brings lots of cash and that's good for the sport, but he should be running in K&N East or trucks for a season to acclimate. Won't take too much to have him drop out of the top 30. At that point it's likely Herman or Truex will have to get in the car to keep it in the show. Don't know that Pastrana has the seat time to make it on time at most of these tracks.

#1053 Dilla

Dilla

• 2,719 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 19:52

Truex also now has a sponsor tie-up with Grime Boss. The reason he was dropped from NW with MWR last year in the first place was due to lack of sponsorship, but now that he has it, he is finally getting looks from teams again.

But yeah, Truex has shown speed and if he could get a ride full-time with one crew chief and one crew for an entire season, he would do a lot better.

Piquet is going to be on the Race Hub with Steve Byrnes on SPEED tonight at 6. I think he's gotten more NASCAR media face-time already this year than he had all last year.

Edited by Dilla, 18 April 2012 - 19:57.

#1054 Option1

Option1

• 13,476 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 19:59

heh
the wife sez Ruebens should pass on Indycar now and switch to NASCAR after seeing the highlights this weekend
he can collect 10 mil a year to race JPM for 20th...

me, after watching highlights, my surprise is godaddy took 8th at Texas NNS (DP) and 3rd at LB(JH), good on them
the CFest was the bomb, trading it for racing was EZ

Hee he sounds like you might have inhaled at Coachella.;)

Neil

#1055 X61

X61

• 520 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 21:07

Truex also now has a sponsor tie-up with Grime Boss. The reason he was dropped from NW with MWR last year in the first place was due to lack of sponsorship, but now that he has it, he is finally getting looks from teams again.

But yeah, Truex has shown speed and if he could get a ride full-time with one crew chief and one crew for an entire season, he would do a lot better.

I'm glad this will give Truex the ability to show his talent. My first thought was Pastrana had just done this to buy a guaranteed spot. I'm glad someone with proven talent will benefit as well.

#1056 loki

loki

• 2,155 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 00:27

Grime Boss had some good activation at the ill fated Indycar race in Vegas last season. I got a bunch of samples and would keep a box in the pit cart and truck if I could find a local dealer. No one around here seems to stock them.

#1057 whitewaterMkII

whitewaterMkII

• 5,356 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 04:22

Hee he sounds like you might have inhaled at Coachella.;)

Neil

nah, the place was crawling with johnnys, and we also had an in at the beer tent :up:
I felt waaaay out of place at 55 y.o., though, I'll tell ya that. It was pretty cool, but I don't think I'll be going back again, freebies or not
I have no idea where all these kids come up with what is easily a 500 buck weekend, and I think their choice of intoxicant is something that comes in pill form...

#1058 Dilla

Dilla

• 2,719 posts

Posted 21 April 2012 - 04:00

Petty says that he and the team is currently talking extension with Ford people, but that a return to Dodge isn't out the question. Also, after the sponsorship issues last off-season, Petty says that the team is now pretty much set in sponsorship through next year. That's good to hear.

KANSAS CITY, Kan. -- Richard Petty Motorsports is trying to negotiate a deal to stay with Ford and retain its relationship with Roush Fenway Racing.

But team namesake Richard Petty isn't totally ruling out a return to Dodge, the manufacturer with which he became a racing icon as a driver.

"Right now, we've got our sponsors pretty much lined up for next year,'' Petty said Friday at Kansas Speedway. "Where we go with the cars and engines and things like that ... we've got a plan, but I don't know if anybody is going to go along with it.''

Roush Fenway president Steve Newmark is optimistic his organization can continue supplying Ford engines and chassis for RPM.

"We have thoroughly enjoyed working with Richard Petty and his entire team, as it is a first-class organization,'' Newmark said. "We believe it has been a mutually beneficial relationship and sincerely hope to be able to continue the partnership into the future."

Dodge has been looking for an anchor organization since Penske Racing announced it would move to Ford in 2013. Because of Petty's past association with Dodge, RPM is among several organizations speculated to be a target for Dodge.

One of Dodge's issues is finding an organization that will build its racing engines. Late last month, Roger Penske said he is still hearing demand for Dodge engines, but has not decided whether his engine shop will continue to build Dodge engines while his team's cars are powered by Ford engines.

"Right now, they are pretty confused,'' Petty said of Dodge. "They got a plug pulled out of them and wasn't really expecting it. ... We'll consider going anywhere to make a living out of this.

"Right now, we're still up with the Ford deal and we're going everything we can to win races with them.''(Link)

Also, 5 Hour Energy adds more races.

Primary sponsor 5-hour Energy announced on Friday at Kansas Speedway that it will increase its deal from 25 to 37 Sprint Cup events, meaning Bowyer's Michael Waltrip Racing car is fully sponsored the entire season to Bowyer's schedule.

The only time Bowyer won't carry 5-hour Energy as his primary sponsor is at the May 6 race at Talladega Superspeedway, where the No. 15 Toyota will honor the University of Alabama's BCS national championship.

"We have measured real growth through our retail partnership, in-market activation, sales growth and brand awareness,'' said Scott Henderson, the president of 5-hour Energy. "The numbers show we've exceeded all expectations.''

Bowyer left Richard Childress Racing after last season to join MWR with partial sponsorship from 5-hour Energy. The deal began with the Budweiser Shootout at Daytona International Speedway and includes the All-Star races in May.

Bowyer, a native of Emporia, Kan., ranks 10th in the standings heading into Sunday's race at his home track.

Love or hate the guy, it appears that Waltrip's team has finally arrived.

#1059 Dilla

Dilla

• 2,719 posts

Posted 21 April 2012 - 04:05

Hopefully they can get the money to run Ryan Truex in a few races. He has been quick in the last few years running in the Nationwide cars, and has already run a race for RAB last weekend.

To come back to this for a second, with the 55 being scheduled to be run part-time by Mark Martin this year and next, I hope that Waltrip is considering Truex for a gig in 2014.

Edited by Dilla, 21 April 2012 - 04:06.

Advertisement

#1060 X61

X61

• 520 posts

Posted 21 April 2012 - 04:48

Petty says that he and the team is currently talking extension with Ford people, but that a return to Dodge isn't out the question.

In other words, Petty will decide which make he will be running once he sees the size of Dodge's wallet.

#1061 Dilla

Dilla

• 2,719 posts

Posted 21 April 2012 - 16:14

^Yeah, basically.

Toyota to unveil 2013 Cup car on May 22.

Toyota to unveil 2013 Camry: On May 22 at TRD (Toyota Racing Development) U.S.A. in Salisbury, N.C., reporters will get their first look at the new Camry to be raced by Toyota teams in 2013. Ford and Dodge already have revealed their 2013 Fusion and Charger, respectively. Chevrolet has yet to schedule the unveiling of its 2013 race car.(NASCAR Wire Service)(4-21-2012)

#1062 Dilla

Dilla

• 2,719 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 02:46

Russian, Mokshantsev plans to run trucks with NTS: Sergey Mokshantsev, an experienced open-wheel racing driver from Moscow with European Formula 3 and Indy Lights experience to his resume, plans to enter NASCAR competition this season becoming the first Russian driver in NASCAR competition. Mokshantsev has been undergoing an aggressive NASCAR driver development program which started March 13-14 and April 2-3 in North Carolina driving a K&N Pro Series car prepared by NTS Motorsports. For 2012 NTS Motorsports continues as a K&N Pro East and West Series team but has boosted it's program to the NASCAR Camping World Truck Series with rookie Brennan Newberry (#14) and is preparing to run a second truck by end of the 2012 season. "We are excited to have Sergey as part of NTS Motorsports. Sergey has impressed us not only with his ability behind the wheel of a stock car, but also with his professional approach, he will become a great stock car driver", states NTS Owner, Bob Newberry. "Sergey has done a great job in his NASCAR development program and is way ahead of schedule, we expect to enter him in a NASCAR sanctioned event very soon and to run a full 2013 season", stated Mike Schriefer of Speedway Group, marketing and management representatives for Mokshantsev and NTS Motorsports.[Been told that they are planning to start at the K&N races at Iowa and will enter 6-10 CWT races this year in a second NTS Truck.](NTS Motorsports PR)(4-21-2012).

Never heard of him.

Truex Jr., MWR talk new deal: Team owner Michael Waltrip said on Saturday at Kansas Speedway the organization is negotiating with #56-Martin Truex Jr. and primary sponsor NAPA on an extension. Truex Jr.'s contract expires at the end of the 2012 season. "NAPA is very happy right now," Waltrip said. "Everybody would be very happy to go into 2013 just like this." Truex said he never felt like he was on the hot seat coming into this season, and he's confident he will be with MWR long-term. "I know where I stand with my race team, Michael and (co-owner) Rob (Kaufman)," Truex said. "There was never a part of me that said I need to step it up, I need to do better. I know I've always gotten everything I possibly can get out of my equipment. I feel like they know that, too."(ESPN)(4-21-2012)

KANSAS CITY, Kan. -- Joe Gibbs Racing plans to sign a long-term extension with Toyota within the next month, ending any speculation it could move to Dodge.

"We're working on that," JGR president J.D. Gibbs told ESPN.com on Sunday after Denny Hamlin's victory at Kansas Speedway. "We'll be with Toyota for a long time to come."

Dodge has been looking for a team to anchor its 2013 program since Penske Racing announced earlier this year it would leave the manufacturer for Ford next season.

JGR, since its contract with Toyota is up after this season and because the organization has the infrastructure to build its own engines, became a natural target.

Gibbs said that is not a consideration.

An announcement could come in May when Toyota introduces its 2013 Sprint Cup car.

I imagine that MWR will follow close behind.

#1063 Crafty

Crafty

• 4,085 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 21:21

Seems JJ is getting a bit antsy with "fans", wonder what sparked this off:

Jimmie Johnson ‏ @JimmieJohnson
It seems like crashing to most is more important then racing... #sucks

Today's racing is different... The competition is so close & we are all basically running the same speed.

One last point, the racing is better at Bristol and we have had empty grandstands... I think most want cautions.

#1064 Red17

Red17

• 3,448 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 22:04

Something that caught my attention in Gas n Go.
A fan asked about racing being «safer». I can't say I have noticed anything out of the ordinary. There was that almost caution free race (2 yellows and a debris wasn't it?) but all others seemed pretty normal to me.

#1065 Ross Stonefeld

Ross Stonefeld

• 57,869 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 22:05

We pretty much all want, or rather expect, cautions. Especially at a place like Bristol. We tune in assuming it's going to be a like putting matchbox cars in a blender.

#1066 Red17

Red17

• 3,448 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 22:16

We pretty much all want, or rather expect, cautions. Especially at a place like Bristol. We tune in assuming it's going to be a like putting matchbox cars in a blender.

I haven't seen much races in «Ye Olde Bristol» but my text memory has the words traffic jams, bathtubs and bits and pieces. The spring race wasn't much of that.
I suppose I too got too used to the wreckfest. But being this the first year im putting an effort to watch more than 2 races it's normal that a few myths will be dispelled.

By the way. The commentators of Sportv mentioned that Trulli drove a «nascar». When was that? Did he complain about the steering as well?

#1067 Watkins74

Watkins74

• 5,819 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 22:35

The thing about "old" Bristol was that drivers would give a guy a nudge and that would make the car they are passing climb the banking and then they would pass beneath them. This slowly developed into just dumping another car out of the way and creating a caution. The subtle art of the "bump and run" turned into the "crash and caution".

JMHO

#1068 Ross Stonefeld

Ross Stonefeld

• 57,869 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 22:57

By the way. The commentators of Sportv mentioned that Trulli drove a «nascar». When was that? Did he complain about the steering as well?

He tested a Waltrip Toyota a few years ago. Search Trulli Waltrip here http://www.autosport...llery/index.php

Salo too I think

#1069 nosaj100

nosaj100

• 925 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 23:45

Seems JJ is getting a bit antsy with "fans", wonder what sparked this off:

It seems like crashing to most is more important then racing... #sucks

Today's racing is different... The competition is so close & we are all basically running the same speed.

One last point, the racing is better at Bristol and we have had empty grandstands... I think most want cautions.

He's probably gotten tired of all the jackass NASCAR fans talking about how much the sport sucks now that actual racing has shown up and not demolition derbies. It's a losing battle with those type of fans. I've seen them bitch and complain because there's too many wrecks because you can't pass on tracks and have to knock guys out of the way and then they'll turn around a bitch because there's too much green flag racing with actual strategy involved. It's best to just let those types to bring all the beer they want to the track. As soon as they start to complain, just hand them another to keep their mouth occupied.

Speaking of JJ and his twitter, they mentioned this on RaceHub tonight. How funny is this!

http://twitter.com/#!/JimmieJohnson/me...2FJszgn0EpZ1%2F

#1070 Dilla

Dilla

• 2,719 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 00:24

He tested a Waltrip Toyota a few years ago. Search Trulli Waltrip here http://www.autosport...llery/index.php

Salo too I think

Him and Mika Salo tested back in 2009, Salo seemed prett serious about it, but it never worked out.

#1071 Dilla

Dilla

• 2,719 posts

Posted 25 April 2012 - 18:08

It has been confirmed that most the progressive banking is gone at Bristol, but it'll only be enough to eliminate the groove at the near the wall. The track will be a two grooved track (bottom lane, middle lane) instead of the pre-2007 one groove or the 2007-Spring 2012 three groove track.

http://www.nascar.co...nges/index.html

Edited by Dilla, 25 April 2012 - 18:14.

#1072 Crafty

Crafty

• 4,085 posts

Posted 25 April 2012 - 18:44

Some interesting quotes from Keselowski :

Brad Keselowski ‏ @keselowski
One more point on nascar vs F1 I strongly believe that if Marcos ambrose got a quality ride in F1, he'd clean house.

f1 “@GavinHall1: @keselowski if you could race for any other team besides penske, who would you drive for”

I'm not picky Any team with a fast car @KyCat_thereed: @keselowski @GavinHall1 any specific team n f1 or just any f1 car?”

Nope, but I'd love to @unruhs88 have you gotten to drive an F1 car yet?

Never figured Brad as an open wheel kinda guy. One final one:

Nope Can't afford it @pkligerman will be @jbo4pres @KyleBusch just announced he will be racing @iowaspeedway May 20th. Will you make it?

Can't afford it ?

#1073 Ross Stonefeld

Ross Stonefeld

• 57,869 posts

Posted 25 April 2012 - 18:48

Yesterday he was claiming NASCAR drivers were better than F1.

#1074 Crafty

Crafty

• 4,085 posts

Posted 25 April 2012 - 18:50

yeah I left that bit out :)

Just surprised me that he saw that as the next best thing. I thought he'd be one of those that didn't see any attraction in F1.

#1075 Ross Stonefeld

Ross Stonefeld

• 57,869 posts

Posted 25 April 2012 - 18:55

I think he's just trolling. There are better Australian drivers just under the Penske roof.

#1076 Dmitriy_Guller

Dmitriy_Guller

• 4,106 posts

Posted 25 April 2012 - 22:16

He's probably gotten tired of all the jackass NASCAR fans talking about how much the sport sucks now that actual racing has shown up and not demolition derbies. It's a losing battle with those type of fans. I've seen them bitch and complain because there's too many wrecks because you can't pass on tracks and have to knock guys out of the way and then they'll turn around a bitch because there's too much green flag racing with actual strategy involved. It's best to just let those types to bring all the beer they want to the track. As soon as they start to complain, just hand them another to keep their mouth occupied.

Speaking of JJ and his twitter, they mentioned this on RaceHub tonight. How funny is this!

http://twitter.com/#!/JimmieJohnson/me...2FJszgn0EpZ1%2F

The problem is that "genuine good racing" is utterly boring in NASCAR. Let's face it, they're basically driving around in circles, that isn't that interesting without the volatility component thrown in.

#1077 pingu666

pingu666

• 8,881 posts

Posted 26 April 2012 - 14:03

so much for taking bristol back to how it was pre repave :\, half assing it sucks
also most cars where running the middle groove anyways, so its not changing much :/

#1078 OfficeLinebacker

OfficeLinebacker

• 14,022 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 18:31

I just noticed that three races this season don't have a title sponsor and have defaulted to "The NASCAR Sprint Cup Series XXX"

http://www.nascar.com/races/cup/

#1079 OfficeLinebacker

OfficeLinebacker

• 14,022 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 18:40

and what the heck, on a slow Wednesday, a cool video with a bunch of crashes in the beginning, and the specifics of what happened to the car in Rooty's massive shunt at the Glen last year

http://www.nascar.co...reck/index.html

check out what happened to the steering column and dash.

Advertisement

#1080 pingu666

pingu666

• 8,881 posts

Posted 03 May 2012 - 04:52

probably better to have the column go up rather than down..

#1081 Juablo

Juablo

• 630 posts

Posted 09 May 2012 - 21:52

http://aol.sportingn...way-racing-ford

Daytona 500 winner Matt Kenseth has apparently landed a new sponsor and will get a new car number to go along with it.

Roush Fenway Racing announced Wednesday that it has scheduled a news conference for Monday at the NASCAR Hall of Fame to introduce a new multiyear partnership for Roush and Kenseth. The release indicates that Kenseth also will have a new number on his Ford Fusion.

Kenseth, the 2003 Cup champion who has 21 career victories, has raced a No. 17 Ford since entering the Sprint Cup Series with Roush in 2000.

The two-time Daytona 500 winner entered this season with only partial sponsorship. Best Buy is scheduled to sponsor the team for nine races this year while Zest Soap has signed on for four races.

Kenseth has had various other sponsors on his car this year, but has not announced any more significant primary sponsorship.

So Kenseth re-ups with Roush, on this years form you would expect the same to happen with Biffle so where does this leave Bayne and Stenhouse. Maybe this deal indicates Roush is dropping his sponsor rates so they could look to enter a fourth car again.

It'll be strange to see Kenseth with a different number after running 17 for so long. I guess the sponsor must be closely tied with whatever number they're changing to, kinda like 07-Jack Daniels or 0-netzero

Edited by Juablo, 09 May 2012 - 21:54.

#1082 Dilla

Dilla

• 2,719 posts

Posted 09 May 2012 - 22:04

Heinz 57? Phillips 66? Dr. Pepper's 23 flavors? :p

So Kenseth re-ups with Roush, on this years form you would expect the same to happen with Biffle so where does this leave Bayne and Stenhouse. Maybe this deal indicates Roush is dropping his sponsor rates so they could look to enter a fourth car again.

Well, Roush said that the no. 6 is Stenhouse's once sponsorship is organized. This is a bit surprising to me, though. Despite Kenseth's resurgence the last two seasons, I've always thought that he would be the odd man out for a youth movement in Stenhouse and Bayne. Maybe it'll be Biffle at the end of next year: he'll ask for more money for sure at this rate and with Edwards and Kenseth not running on chump change, Roush may not be able to afford him.

Roush could bring #6 car back soon: As soon as Roush Fenway Racing owner Jack Roush secures sponsorship for his #6 Ford, he's ready to bring the car back to the Sprint Cup Series with Ricky Stenhouse Jr. as the driver. The #6 has been in mothballs since Stenhouse drove it in the season-opening Daytona 500. "We've got the decal for the top of the roof on that 6 car all organized for Ricky," Roush said Friday night, after Stenhouse won the O'Reilly Auto Parts 300 Nationwide Series race at Texas. "As soon as I can find sponsorship for it, he's good to go. The highest priority we have for this year in the meantime is to defend (Stenhouse's) championship in the Nationwide series but hopefully we can find sponsorship and run the 6 car with him next year -- and we will run some races with him in the 6 Cup car before this year is over."(NASCAR News Service)(4-15-2012)

Bayne looks like the odd man out here, but Roush & Ford reportedly blocked several attempts from other teams (including Penske) last off-season to acquire Bayne, so I imagine plans are still there, whether it's moving Stenhouse to Cup full-time next season while Bayne finally gets a full NW year with one team under his belt as the only Roush NW team in case Roush and Biffle can't reach another deal or if Petty stays with Ford and Bayne replaces Almirola or is put into third car, which is less likely.

It'll suck to see the no. 17 gone, though.

Edited by Dilla, 09 May 2012 - 23:52.

#1083 gm914

gm914

• 6,046 posts

Posted 10 May 2012 - 23:32

Danica gets new spotter:

#10-Danica Patrick will have a new spotter for Saturday's Sprint Cup race at Darlington Raceway in Tab Boyd, a former spotter for Juan Pablo Montoya and an employee at Earnhardt Ganassi Racing. Boyd will replace Mark Robertson as Patrick makes her second Cup start of the season.
"That was definitely something that I've been thinking a lot about the last couple of months," Patrick said Thursday during a promotion for the Coca-Cola 600 at Charlotte Motor Speedway. "As a driver you just need to have someone on the radio that you click with. Everybody needs something different. For me, I need someone ... I'm going to say, almost drive the car. Like, tell me you're turning in too early, tell me be patient with the throttle; OK, pick it up. I need somebody that is familiar with those patterns, because I'm not."
Patrick will remain with Truck Series driver Rick Carelli as her Nationwide spotter. Carelli spotted for Regan Smith last year when he won the Cup race at Darlington.(ESPN), no word on Montoya's new spotter.(5-10-2012)

Courtesy: Jayski

#1084 Andrew Hope

Andrew Hope
  • Writer of 2013's Best Opening Post

• 7,069 posts

Posted 11 May 2012 - 12:03

There's a Nationwide race tonight, and no thread for the Nascar weekend yet!?

#1085 Crafty

Crafty

• 4,085 posts

Posted 11 May 2012 - 13:36

There's a Nationwide race tonight, and no thread for the Nascar weekend yet!?

OLBs' job :) I'm sure he'll do it pretty soon.

#1086 Red17

Red17

• 3,448 posts

Posted 11 May 2012 - 16:44

OLBs' job :) I'm sure he'll do it pretty soon.

I have taken the liberty to do one myself (again)

#1087 OfficeLinebacker

OfficeLinebacker

• 14,022 posts

Posted 11 May 2012 - 21:40

no word on Montoya's new spotter.(5-10-2012)
Courtesy: Jayski

Tab Boyd hasn't been Montoya's spotter for months now.

#1088 Crafty

Crafty

• 4,085 posts

Posted 14 May 2012 - 20:27

Guys, hopefully you can help.

Last year I remember seeing a video of a pitstop, I think it was mark martin. Camera was overhead, only took two tyres and the wheel gun guy runs around the front of the car, which is already moving to leave. Anyone remember it ? I have searched here and youtube and can't find it.

#1089 Dilla

Dilla

• 2,719 posts

Posted 15 May 2012 - 04:17

That's a bit broad to pin-point. Are you referring to Watkins Glen of last year, when Mark Martin was pulling in his stall and his jackman athletically jumped up on the hood to avoid getting hit?

Looks like the media misunderstood the Kenseth sponsorship deal. It's just a typical Roush marketing partnership along with a 4-race deal with Fifth Third Bank for this season. Kenseth will not be changing his number to 53 or anything like that.

Roush did confirm that Kenseth is working on a lifetime contract with the team like Jeff Gordon and Hendrick and reaffirmed that the current 2013 goal is to get enough sponsorship to put Stenhouse into the #6 car full-time in Sprint Cup and Bayne into a RFR NW car full-time .

Edited by Dilla, 15 May 2012 - 04:24.

#1090 Crafty

Crafty

• 4,085 posts

Posted 15 May 2012 - 20:59

sounds like the one Dilla, I remember the guy running around the front, literally hand on the hood as the car pulls away.

In other news one of a friends' sons had his 4th birthday today, he wanted a NASCAR cake, so...

Posted Image

I think he's being brought up right, what do you reckon ?

#1091 Slowinfastout

Slowinfastout

• 9,681 posts

Posted 15 May 2012 - 21:28

nice cake! :up:

It's just missing a Montoya diecast and a jet-blower to extinguish :p

#1092 HaydenFan

HaydenFan

• 2,107 posts

Posted 15 May 2012 - 21:37

nice cake! :up:

It's just missing a Montoya diecast and a jet-blower to extinguish :p

Jet drying candle?

Posted Image

Not the aspect of the sport you really want to show a young kid though. Get them thinking that crashing is a spectacle of the sport than the bad part of the sport nobody likes.

Edited by HaydenFan, 15 May 2012 - 21:38.

#1093 Dilla

Dilla

• 2,719 posts

Posted 17 May 2012 - 03:57

Jimmy Spencer plans to retire from TV soon, presumably at the end of the year, and move back to his hometown of Allentown, Pennsylvania.

http://motorsportsun...ged.com/?p=7695

#1094 Dmitriy_Guller

Dmitriy_Guller

• 4,106 posts

Posted 17 May 2012 - 04:01

Jimmy Spencer plans to retire from TV soon, presumably at the end of the year, and move back to his hometown of Allentown, Pennsylvania.

http://motorsportsun...ged.com/?p=7695

That's a shame. Never liked him as a driver, but on TV he was right in his element. Jimmy's Take is just pure genius.

#1095 OfficeLinebacker

OfficeLinebacker

• 14,022 posts

Posted 17 May 2012 - 13:03

That's a shame. Never liked him as a driver, but on TV he was right in his element. Jimmy's Take is just pure genius.

And the crying towel was OK. And what's the other one? Radio sweetheart?

I mean it can seem forced at times but it's high camp--I can dig it.

#1096 gm914

gm914

• 6,046 posts

Posted 17 May 2012 - 14:03

In other news one of a friends' sons had his 4th birthday today, he wanted a NASCAR cake, so...
I think he's being brought up right, what do you reckon ?

Cool cake.

Someone should patent some OFFICIAL Kurt Busch candles.

You don't blow them out. Half the fun is standing around the cake marvelling at the inevitable meltdown.

#1097 cheesy poofs

cheesy poofs

• 3,137 posts

Posted 17 May 2012 - 14:54

@penskeracing: Jacques Villeneuve returns to the No. 22 @DiscountTire Dodge! He will be racing @roadamerica and Montreal in the @NASCAR_NNS Series.

#1098 gm914

gm914

• 6,046 posts

Posted 17 May 2012 - 15:15

Welcome back, Jack. Now stay the hell off Ambrose!!

Too early to take an over/under?

#1099 Dmitriy_Guller

Dmitriy_Guller

• 4,106 posts

Posted 17 May 2012 - 16:45

I think Jacques is the first road course ringer where the worry is not that the regulars will punt him off, but rather that he will punt off a whole bunch of regulars. I think even Boris Said is tame by comparison.

Advertisement

#1100 Slowinfastout

Slowinfastout

• 9,681 posts

Posted 17 May 2012 - 16:49

I think Jacques is the first road course ringer where the worry is not that the regulars will punt him off, but rather that he will punt off a whole bunch of regulars. I think even Boris Said is tame by comparison.

dunno, Ambrose is shoving everyone out of the way as well..

JV has made dumb mistakes, basically punting off himself too, that's different.