* * * * - 8 votes

Caterham F1 - 2012

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
2169 replies to this topic

#1651 Rentta

Rentta

• 290 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 08:10

Vitaly radio was not working, he did not hear about blue flags...Kova was not great too - Glock was too close.

There is still blue flags visible no need radio for that .

Advertisement

#1652 CatInTheBag

CatInTheBag

• 322 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 08:27

Good observation. :up:

Tony tweets;
"Good race. Lots and lots of work to do. Blown diffuser our last hope for midfield this year. But will develop conventional aero."

Not sure what it means.

On a sidenote, while Caterham not good this year, his QPR side is having a nightmare as well. Sometimes I quite pity this fella. He's got to fend off
attacks from all corners everyday. He uses twitter for his ads, hot air, and stuffs, but its a double edged sword. ):

#1653 hippie

hippie

• 286 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 08:42

Tony tweets;
"Good race. Lots and lots of work to do. Blown diffuser our last hope for midfield this year. But will develop conventional aero."

Not sure what it means.

It probably means that midfield hopes are over for Caterham in this season, since the blown diffuser failed to deliver. Now Caterham concentrates on the conventional aero development, which brings results slower but more reliably.

At least that's what I hope Tony means. Doesn't make much sense to waste resources trying to make the blown diffuser work in the last races, because it will be banned next year.

#1654 alexSun

alexSun

• 37 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 08:53

Yeah and throw gas per kilometer :) to those who are behind? These things are always warned by radio. Especially since only soft dressed and rode at a pace almost pursuers.

#1655 CatInTheBag

CatInTheBag

• 322 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 09:26

It probably means that midfield hopes are over for Caterham in this season, since the blown diffuser failed to deliver. Now Caterham concentrates on the conventional aero development, which brings results slower but more reliably.

Doesn't make much sense to waste resources trying to make the blown diffuser work in the last races, because it will be banned next year.

:up:

Hope it brings better results and a steeper progress for the team. Even McLaren was exhausted with the research but with their size, they managed.

Edited by CatInTheBag, 07 October 2012 - 09:36.

#1656 CatInTheBag

CatInTheBag

• 322 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 09:43

Yeah and throw gas per kilometer :) to those who are behind? These things are always warned by radio. Especially since only soft dressed and rode at a pace almost pursuers.

I really tried hard to decode what you said, but you are using a bad translator. Alas, I failed. :evil:

#1657 alexSun

alexSun

• 37 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 10:25

I really tried hard to decode what you said, but you are using a bad translator. Alas, I failed. :evil:

I meant that the blue flags show much earlier than you see in the mirror pursuers. If you just slow down, you lose a lot. And why? if there is no one in the mirror? Usually the radio alerts the event race engineer. The radio does not work.

#1658 Petroltorque

Petroltorque

• 1,570 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 11:19

At least that's what I hope Tony means. Doesn't make much sense to waste resources trying to make the blown diffuser work in the last races, because it will be banned next year.

Passive Blowing of diffusers are not banned next year. So unless you master that technology you will always be behind the development curve.

#1659 hippie

hippie

• 286 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 11:54

Passive Blowing of diffusers are not banned next year. So unless you master that technology you will always be behind the development curve.

The rules were changed for this year, with the intention of excluding all possibilities to create downforce from the exhaust gases. But some teams found clever workarounds and are still using exhausts for this purpose. So for next year there will be further changes to the rules, making sure that exhausts can't be used any more to improve the aerodynamics of cars.

It doesn't fit well with the "green thinking" that F1 teams try to produce as much exhaust gases as they can.

Advertisement

#1660 CatInTheBag

CatInTheBag

• 322 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 12:01

Here's my theory.

I wonder if the buying of RedBull rear end has a detrimental effect of the progress since it was customized to their car, whereas Caterham needs
to adapt and when one doesn't actually understand the concept, just makes it harder to redesign as readily, for example like repositioning the exhaust in
the sidepods to coerce the plume back to the tail pipe and diffuser to increase downforce.

#1661 Petroltorque

Petroltorque

• 1,570 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 14:03

The rules were changed for this year, with the intention of excluding all possibilities to create downforce from the exhaust gases. But some teams found clever workarounds and are still using exhausts for this purpose. So for next year there will be further changes to the rules, making sure that exhausts can't be used any more to improve the aerodynamics of cars.

It doesn't fit well with the "green thinking" that F1 teams try to produce as much exhaust gases as they can.

You'll have to forgive me, but I was bored enough to look through the 2013 technical regs. The basic tenet of which is to allow a cosmetic faring to cover the stepped nose and the banning of double DRS systems. Exhaust tail pipes will still be tightly constrained as to where they exit but there's nothing there banning Coanda exhausts. Unless they get unanimous agreement these things will still exhist.

Edited by Petroltorque, 07 October 2012 - 14:19.

#1662 hippie

hippie

• 286 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 14:24

You'll have to forgive me, but I was bored enough to look through the 2013 technical regs. The basic tenet of which is to allow a cosmetic faring to cover the stepped nose and the banning of double DRS systems. Exhaust tail pipes will still be tightly constrained as to where they exit but there's nothing there banning Coanda exhausts. Unless they get unanimous agreement these things will still exhist.

Yes, that's the important bit that aims to stop teams from using exhausts for aerodynamic purposes.

#1663 dau

dau

• 4,569 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 15:07

Yes, that's the important bit that aims to stop teams from using exhausts for aerodynamic purposes.

There have been no changes to this part of the regulations.

#1664 Petroltorque

Petroltorque

• 1,570 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 15:49

Thank you Dau. Perhaps now 2 people have told him he'll believe it.

#1665 hippie

hippie

• 286 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 16:02

OK. In that case I was obviously wrong.

I haven't actually read the regs, just assumed that since Charlie Whiting said earlier this year that the regs about blown diffuser may need to be changed for 2013, then that's what is going to happen. Strange, though, that Whiting clearly considered the current use of exhaust gases for aerodynamic effect to be against the regs, and yet the FIA has apparently done nothing to stop it.

#1666 CatInTheBag

CatInTheBag

• 322 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 07:10

GvdGarde

“I definitely feel like I have a chance with Caterham. Here (in Japan) the team was very happy with how I did everything in the practice. Everything I had to do, I did."

His father has close ties with McGregor. :love:

Reports have mentioned that he will return to the cockpit in Korea and possibly more.

#1667 dau

dau

• 4,569 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 09:24

OK. In that case I was obviously wrong.

I haven't actually read the regs, just assumed that since Charlie Whiting said earlier this year that the regs about blown diffuser may need to be changed for 2013, then that's what is going to happen. Strange, though, that Whiting clearly considered the current use of exhaust gases for aerodynamic effect to be against the regs, and yet the FIA has apparently done nothing to stop it.

The teams probably decided that it doesn't make much sense to introduce new exhaust regulations for just one year, especially with pretty much everyone having a working coanda exhaust already. Well, the big teams at least.

#1668 CatInTheBag

CatInTheBag

• 322 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 10:55

Sad to say, we can't compete at the same level as RedBull and Lotus, for example since their resources are so much bigger like 650 and 550 people respectively.

Mark Smith mentioned something like;
If you can make it work then there’s a decent chunk of performance in it. However, what we don’t want to do, because we are resource limited, is put too much emphasis on that, to the degree that our ‘bread and butter’ development gradient begins to suffer.
It’s a bit of a balancing act ......”

Not sure if we are going to continue working on it on a smaller scale. But since Tony said, move to more conventional aero, .... I wonder if the team is just going to compete with Marussia and HRT, since
all midfield teams do have a working solution. Even Marussia has based on recent results, a working blown exhaust solution :up:

#1669 eronrules

eronrules

• 3,204 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 11:13

first time in this thread ... of all the new teams, i'd say i was looking forward for Cateham to show some progress.

here's my thought of CTF1, they are preety well funded among the new teams, look at the sponsors ... EADS, GE etc. i think one of the hinderence has been the engineering direction taken by Gascoyne, last month, Christiano DA MAtta gave his piece of mind on gascoyne saying he ruined ToyotaF1. i know now that Mark Smith has taken over engineering, but the car is penned by gascoyne.

Look at marussia, eversince john booth/pat symonds came on board, there car has improved dramatically, they ever use coanda blown exhaust (rudamentary but works). i think for Caterham, need to sort there engineering department out, find some new recruit, they could've tried to snatch James keys (ex-sauber), but toro-rosso beat them to that.

so, i don't know what's going on with Caterham, i'd like to see them fight with toro rosso/FI, specially the effort put in by Heikki. so let's see what happens in the future. but one thing for certain, if marussia had KERS, i'm pretty sure they'd have dominated Caterham by now this season.

#1670 hippie

hippie

• 286 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 12:08

The teams probably decided that it doesn't make much sense to introduce new exhaust regulations for just one year, especially with pretty much everyone having a working coanda exhaust already. Well, the big teams at least.

I just found curious how the FIA seems to be have adopted a passive stance in this matter. The teams do indeed seem to run the show instead of the FIA.

Christian Horner has said the rival teams wanted to level the playing field by removing blown diffusers because that was an area where Red Bull excelled. So some of the teams apparently complained to the FIA that using exhausts to improve aerodynamics infringes the rules, and the FIA reacted by changing the technical regulations for this year. And now, when Red Bull's main advantage has been taken away, the leading teams see no problem in using the exhaust gases for aerodynamic purposes -- and neither does the FIA.

But back on topic. Even though the exhaust system can still be used next year to gain extra downforce, Caterham needs to first fix the shortcomings in the basic aero performance of the CT01. Lotus and Williams have had pretty competitive cars this year without playing too much with their exhaust layout. But take the KERS away from Caterham, and they'd struggle to match Marussia's pace. And at the same time as Marussia has closed the gap to Caterham, Caterham's gap to the midfield has been stretching wider and wider. So the reason why Marussia has been catching up is not because Marussia has made exceptional progress, it's more because Caterham's progress has been very poor.

From this point of view, spending a large amount of Caterham's limited resources on tweaking the exhausts (the Silverstone upgrade package was focused on squeezing extra downforce from exhausts) has been an attempt to run before they can walk. Last year their car lacked downforce in comparison to the midfield teams, and Caterham should have spent this year improving the basic aero performance of the car instead of jumping straight to the advanced stuff like exhaust tweaks. But I think Caterham has learned a lession and won't make the same mistake again.

#1671 CatInTheBag

CatInTheBag

• 322 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 16:29

So the reason why Marussia has been catching up is not because Marussia has made exceptional progress, it's more because Caterham's progress has been very poor.

Mark Smith;
".... we know that Marussia has closed the gap and have made lots of big progress."

I think we should give credit where credit is due. Regarding exhaust system, I have learned that Caterham is still working hard to find a solution. Trying new bits and parts
in FP, because they don't model well in the wind tunnel.

Good news.

#1672 King Six

King Six

• 3,230 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 16:32

first time in this thread ... of all the new teams, i'd say i was looking forward for Cateham to show some progress.

here's my thought of CTF1, they are preety well funded among the new teams, look at the sponsors ... EADS, GE etc. i think one of the hinderence has been the engineering direction taken by Gascoyne, last month, Christiano DA MAtta gave his piece of mind on gascoyne saying he ruined ToyotaF1. i know now that Mark Smith has taken over engineering, but the car is penned by gascoyne.

Look at marussia, eversince john booth/pat symonds came on board, there car has improved dramatically, they ever use coanda blown exhaust (rudamentary but works). i think for Caterham, need to sort there engineering department out, find some new recruit, they could've tried to snatch James keys (ex-sauber), but toro-rosso beat them to that.

so, i don't know what's going on with Caterham, i'd like to see them fight with toro rosso/FI, specially the effort put in by Heikki. so let's see what happens in the future. but one thing for certain, if marussia had KERS, i'm pretty sure they'd have dominated Caterham by now this season.

I'm not sure why Caterham fans always think they can take the fight to Force India, you guys have been saying that ever since Caterham have been in the sport (as Lotus or whatever). Yet Force India has thumped them (and other, more established outfits) since 2010. Maybe Toro Rosso, but even that is an ask considering they have the finances of Red Bull backing them.

Even when Williams had one of their worst cars and seasons in history (2011), this team couldn't take advantage of it...

Edited by King Six, 08 October 2012 - 16:33.

#1673 eronrules

eronrules

• 3,204 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 16:53

I'm not sure why Caterham fans always think they can take the fight to Force India, you guys have been saying that ever since Caterham have been in the sport (as Lotus or whatever). Yet Force India has thumped them (and other, more established outfits) since 2010. Maybe Toro Rosso, but even that is an ask considering they have the finances of Red Bull backing them.

Even when Williams had one of their worst cars and seasons in history (2011), this team couldn't take advantage of it...

before 2009, no one thought Red bull can take the fight to Macca/Ferrari, they did it, didn't they??? reagarding williams in 2011, caterham didn't have KERS. also, williams has been developing and setting up cars since 70's,Caterham since 2010. yes, they haven't done as much as they should've, but the same can be said about Toro Rosso for not challenging midfield too often.

hope you get the point. :smoking:

#1674 CatInTheBag

CatInTheBag

• 322 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 18:12

I'm not sure why Caterham fans always think they can take the fight to Force India, you guys have been saying that ever since Caterham have been in the sport (as Lotus or whatever). Yet Force India has thumped them ....

We don't now, while the team is scratching their heads trying to close the 1.5-2s gap. Probably next year, we'll dream again.

FI has done a really good job fighting with the big guys, with Mallya's support, carrying the F1 torch when his entire Kingfisher fleet is grounded is by no means, an easy feat.

#1675 Red17

Red17

• 3,306 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 18:39

But back on topic. Even though the exhaust system can still be used next year to gain extra downforce, Caterham needs to first fix the shortcomings in the basic aero performance of the CT01. Lotus and Williams have had pretty competitive cars this year without playing too much with their exhaust layout. But take the KERS away from Caterham, and they'd struggle to match Marussia's pace. And at the same time as Marussia has closed the gap to Caterham, Caterham's gap to the midfield has been stretching wider and wider. So the reason why Marussia has been catching up is not because Marussia has made exceptional progress, it's more because Caterham's progress has been very poor.

You have got part of it right, Marussia's sudden leap of performance is more bound to the CT01 going backwards.
At the first races we saw there was some potential, in pre-season Toro Rosso said the CT01 could score points. The turning point came with the «upgrade package», it may be coincidence, but all gaps were called out once they started to use it. I guess we can only expeculate on how untested the package was or how complex it was that the team never really recreated the results they had in numbers.
As for upgrades, I had predicted earlier that the move would handicap them.
It will hurt, but maybe this pain is necessary to apply some sanitation.

#1676 CatInTheBag

CatInTheBag

• 322 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 07:38

Some interesting read here from JS.

http://joesaward.wor...f1-pay-drivers/

Quite some mention regarding Caterham's propect drivers for 2013. By the way, some believed he is employed by Caterham as an advisor about a year ago.

#1677 Petroltorque

Petroltorque

• 1,570 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 08:18

Mark Smith;
".... we know that Marussia has closed the gap and have made lots of big progress."

I think we should give credit where credit is due. Regarding exhaust system, I have learned that Caterham is still working hard to find a solution. Trying new bits and parts
in FP, because they don't model well in the wind tunnel.

Good news.

Coanda exhaust like KERS are known performance differentiators so you have to run them. A case in point being that Lotus are now adopting the concept. On the technical side a big question mark remains around Mark Smith's ability. During Renault's championship winning years he basked in the reflected glory of Tim Densham.

#1678 CatInTheBag

CatInTheBag

• 322 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 11:52

2 pay drivers may be a reality as Tony is looking at the options available, notably Pic and GvdG, both have good money. Maldonado is quite good
as well with PDVSA.

http://www.autosport...t.php/id/103264

Petrov may not be out of the F1 game yet, and according to Joe Saward he mentioned this; "Petrov does not have money. True. But by March next year he might have."

What do you guys think ? Is it good to have 2 backed drivers like Pic and GvdG ?

#1679 Taxi

Taxi

• 3,034 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 11:56

2 pay drivers may be a reality as Tony is looking at the options available, notably Pic and GvdG, both have good money. Maldonado is quite good
as well with PDVSA.

Petrov may not be out of the F1 game yet, and according to Joe Saward he mentioned this; "Petrov does not have money. True. But by March next year he might have."

What do you guys think ? Is it good to have 2 backed drivers like Pic and GvdG ?

Will Kovalainen stay?

Edited by Taxi, 10 October 2012 - 11:57.

Advertisement

#1680 eronrules

eronrules

• 3,204 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 12:12

Will Kovalainen stay?

most likely yes, and rumor is that the force is strong with Pic in the second seat.

#1681 dau

dau

• 4,569 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 12:39

Some interesting read here from JS.

http://joesaward.wor...f1-pay-drivers/

Quite some mention regarding Caterham's propect drivers for 2013. By the way, some believed he is employed by Caterham as an advisor about a year ago.

He is.

http://joesaward.wordpress.com/what/

#1682 alexSun

alexSun

• 37 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 13:40

as well with PDVSA.

If the team wants to develop it is to leave the two fast and competent pilots: Heikki Kovalainen and Vitaly Petrov. They know the car and make the drive! (Even with this not effective car)!

#1683 CatInTheBag

CatInTheBag

• 322 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 15:04

He is.

http://joesaward.wordpress.com/what/

:up: I remember I've read from somewhere, but not sure. Now its confirmed, and its in his own backyard. :lol:

#1684 levelord

levelord

• 78 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 18:19

If the team wants to develop it is to leave the two fast and competent pilots: Heikki Kovalainen and Vitaly Petrov. They know the car and make the drive! (Even with this not effective car)!

That could have been the most adequate decision if Tony wanted to move up the grid. Throughout whole this season i saw nothing that would fit this theory, except may be moving to a new base, which really can help the team. But still they claim that there will be no significant changes in 2013 car and that upsets me a lot. Other teams will build new cars or at least upgrade current.
Look at Marussia, they were behind Caterham a lot in the beginning of 2012 and now they baldly kicking green crocodiles ass. And i'm sure, unlike us, they will progress next year.

Edited by levelord, 10 October 2012 - 18:19.

#1685 CatInTheBag

CatInTheBag

• 322 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 19:42

More strong rumors are flying around that Pic has already signed with Caterham and here's the news, Renault Managing Director, Jean-Francois Caubet
has welcomed the move and may persuade the French oil company TOTAL to back the Caterham team.

#1686 alexSun

alexSun

• 37 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 20:37

->If the team wants to develop it is to leave the two fast and competent pilots: Heikki Kovalainen and Vitaly Petrov. They know the car and make the drive! (Even with this not ->effective car)!

That could have been the most adequate decision if Tony wanted to move up the grid. Throughout whole this season i saw nothing that would fit this theory, except may be moving to a new base, which really can help the team. But still they claim that there will be no significant changes in 2013 car and that upsets me a lot. Other teams will build new cars or at least upgrade current.
Look at Marussia, they were behind Caterham a lot in the beginning of 2012 and now they baldly kicking green crocodiles ass. And i'm sure, unlike us, they will progress next year.

I agree with you... And as for me, - I always for adequate! In life and course F1 it is necessary.
Without patience and strengths - no successful achievements!

Edited by alexSun, 10 October 2012 - 20:38.

#1687 TennisUK

TennisUK

• 1,774 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 21:40

More strong rumors are flying around that Pic has already signed with Caterham and here's the news, Renault Managing Director, Jean-Francois Caubet
has welcomed the move and may persuade the French oil company TOTAL to back the Caterham team.

This would make a lot of sense if the recent reports of Caterham (and not Group Lotus who are sadly looking increasingly moribund) are partnering with Renault to co-develop and co-badge the new Renault Alpine sportscar.

#1688 hippie

hippie

• 286 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 23:02

Most teams will make their 2013 car an evolution of the current car just like Caterham, because apparently there won't be any major changes to the rules in 2013. This also means teams can continue developing this year's car until the last race of the season, and all these developments will benefit the 2013 car.

Marussia will have to make more changes in their car than the other teams to make room for the KERS batteries. They'll probably also have to make compromises in their aero design because of the KERS, just as Caterham had to do this year.

#1689 CatInTheBag

CatInTheBag

• 322 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 14:02

Korea Preview:

http://caterhamf1.co...orea/index.html

A nice idea for a change, and perhaps medication for the fans' disappointments.

#1690 CatInTheBag

CatInTheBag

• 322 posts

Posted 12 October 2012 - 06:47

FP2.

Early days. But team seemed to have made a jump, particularly for Heikki. Could it have been the new exhaust finally starting to work ?

Remember they will be testing new parts in FP. So only one car having it seems plausible.

#1691 CatInTheBag

CatInTheBag

• 322 posts

Posted 12 October 2012 - 10:44

Heikki says car is still too slow to challenge the lower midfield like Williams who have found to be struggling. I was paying a lot of attention to Lotus with the new
coanda exhaust, and it seemed underwhelming.

#1692 CatInTheBag

CatInTheBag

• 322 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 05:24

Not sure its the track or pure pace, the Caterhams seemed to have progressed quite a bit. Wow, good job by Petrov.
Certainly a potent message to Tony and the team. Or is it too late already ?

Nice 1-lap advert for Heikki and the team at the beginning of the qualifying.

#1693 TudorMiron

TudorMiron

• 211 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 16:10

It seems that pace improved a bit but may be this is track specific. Nice job by Vitaly.

#1694 Massa

Massa

• 4,260 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 17:16

It's already done. I even said this in this thread, i think it was at Monza or Singapore. Jean Louis Moncet said this during the race, Pic will be the next Caterham driver.

#1695 CatInTheBag

CatInTheBag

• 322 posts

Posted 14 October 2012 - 07:26

Lap 45.

Almost like watching 2 different formulas. Nothing between Caterham and Marussia at the moment. Sigh!

#1696 jals99

jals99

• 778 posts

Posted 14 October 2012 - 08:09

Great fight between Vitaly and Kovalainen today! Vitaly was faster, and is leading Heikki on races 7-6 now! That's without 2 years in team, and with joining in last moment after missing first tests. Very impressive. Still many journalist and forum users say, that great Heikki should move to better team, and Vitaly has not done enough to be in F1 without money? Very fair. Where is justice?

Edited by jals99, 14 October 2012 - 08:11.

#1697 skywing

skywing

• 706 posts

Posted 14 October 2012 - 08:12

Great fight between Vitaly and Kovalainen today! Vitaly was faster, and is leading Heikki on races 7-6 now! That's without 2 years in team, and with joining in last moment after missing first tests. Very impressive. Still many journalist and forum users say, that great Heikki should move to better team, and Vitaly has not done enough to be in F1 without money? Very fair. Where is justice?

Do you know what happened between them in the last laps? I think Heikki was ahead but somehow dropped 10 secs in a couple of laps. Vitaly's last laptime was 1.45 and Heikki's 1.51...

Edited by skywing, 14 October 2012 - 08:14.

#1698 jals99

jals99

• 778 posts

Posted 14 October 2012 - 08:16

Do you know what happened between them in the last laps? I think Heikki was ahead but somehow dropped 10 secs in a couple of laps.

Vitaly was ahead, then Heikki overtook him under blue flags with Massa, but he could not create a gap, Vitaly stay close and retake position, then Vitaly was just faster, but Kova did not have problems, as he was faster than Glock still, Vitaly created a gap to 4 seconds, then Heikki was under another blue flags, and Vitaly finished without them, but in the end clear win by Vitaly!
1,51 was blue flags to 2-3 drivers, but without last lap Vitaly was ahead by 4 secs

Edited by jals99, 14 October 2012 - 08:17.

#1699 skywing

skywing

• 706 posts

Posted 14 October 2012 - 08:17

Vitaly was ahead, then Heikki overtook him under blue flags with Massa, but he could not create a gap, Vitaly stay close and retake position, then Vitaly was just faster, but Kova did not have problems, as he was faster than Glock still, Vitaly created a gap to 4 seconds, then Heikki was under another blue flags, and Vitaly finished without them, but in the end clear win by Vitaly!
1,51 was blue flags to 2-3 drivers, but without last lap Vitaly was ahead by 4 secs

Okay thanks! :)

Advertisement

#1700 tarmac

tarmac

• 1,155 posts

Posted 14 October 2012 - 09:09

Someone seems desperate. Usually leading teams give advantage to the driver who is ahead to pit first

Edited by tarmac, 14 October 2012 - 09:10.