• 12,151 posts

Posted 01 April 2012 - 16:58

Harry Vaulkhard.

cheers :up:

#103 Myrvold

Myrvold

• 2,744 posts

Posted 02 April 2012 - 01:43

So, extremely nice of Menu to give the spot back. At the same time, he only had himself to blame about that last lap incident, and if I was Coronel I would've kept my foot down.

#104 Mito Ferrari

Mito Ferrari

• 6 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 14:30

Hi!
What about Superstars International Series?Big saloon and coupè cars powered by v8 engines and different brands (Audi,BMW,Cadillac,Chevrolet,Lexus,Maserati,Porsche,Chrysler,Jaguar and Mercedes).2012 calendar sees 9 rounds (2 races per week) in Monza,Imola,Donington,Mugello,Hungaroring,Spa-Francorchamps,Portimao,Vallelunga and Sentul.

http://www.eurosuperstars.com/

starting from this year Superstars International Series is on Autosport.com too:http://www.autosport...rt.php/id/98540

reigning champions are Alberto Cerqui for the Italian Championship (but now he races in wtcc) and Andrea Bertolini for the International Series (now he is in the wec).In the first round of 2012 season in Monza Max Pigoli(Jaguar.Ferlito Motors) and Liuzzi (Mercedes-CAAL Racing/Mercedes Italia) have been sharing victories of race1 and race2.In the championship standing Pigoli leads with 39 points ahead of Liuzzi,Biagi,Andrea Larini,Sini,Morbidelli etc.
Next round will be in Imola (22 April)

in England you can watch Superstars Series on MotorsTV.

some pictures:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#105 TimRTC

TimRTC

• 758 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 16:25

Rather poor planning, the Superstars series is in the UK the same weekend as the DTM at Brands Hatch...

On good news though, ITV4 will be showing highlights of this year's DTM series.

#106 Zava

Zava

• 5,004 posts

Posted 30 April 2012 - 08:13

about yesterday's races...

Posted Image

#107 BRG

BRG

• 11,571 posts

Posted 30 April 2012 - 19:40

Rather poor planning, the Superstars series is in the UK the same weekend as the DTM at Brands Hatch...

The BTCC seems to always be on the same day as the WTCC, which seems an odd way to carry on.

#108 Tonka

Tonka

• 834 posts

Posted 30 April 2012 - 19:57

WTCC is dreadful. Even if there wasn't a clash with BTCC, I very much doubt if I'd spend much time watching it.

#109 Richard T

Richard T

• 1,176 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 21:58

TC Situation, Richard T style.

This year my two previously favourite TC-series, STCC and WTCC, have for me become very uninteresting. STCC is only 15 cars in total and 9 of those is in the privateer championship!
The rest of the squads (except Chevrolet with Rydell and Nykjaer and Volkswagen with Kristofferson from Superstars and Jordi Gene) has gone to the new "Elite league of Racing" that the TTA- Touringcar team assosiation, has founded. They uses Solution F cars with bodies from BMW M3, New Volvo S60, Citroen C5 and Saab 9-3. They look like DTM cars! Real beasts!!! website here: http://www.ttagroup.se/en/
This (first) year there will be 16 cars racing, but for next year they expect four more cars and possibly Rydell & Co. will move to this series instead of the dying STCC.

The premiere is next weekend and the officiall three days of pre-season testing started today.

WTCC has been replaced with BTCC which offers a much more plesant schedule of three races every weekend and much more close racing!
Since TV10 (free channel) has recieved the rights for DTM (as well as Euro F3) we now have the possibility to watch this for the first time as well! And boy that series looks good!

#110 Red17

Red17

• 3,385 posts

Posted 03 May 2012 - 16:57

The WTCC is on life support. I mean, it's really just 1 official entry VS a bunch of privateers and yet some privateers can still put up a fight in some conditions.
The Fords are still way behind and the Chevys are still way ahead. Even with maximum weight the Cruze continues to trample the field. The Marocco race was a like an horror show with a blue centipe climbing up with no oposition.
Honda and Seat coming to top form next year is the series only hope for a revival, the new Seat engine gives some hope, but they could use some more talent. Honda making some races this year may also be an indicator that they mean business.
But right now there is much « imbalance in the force», so it's no wonder that other series look in better shape.

Edited by Red17, 03 May 2012 - 16:57.

#111 Disgrace

Disgrace
  • RC Forum Host

• 9,873 posts

Posted 03 May 2012 - 17:04

It took Chevy a while to get up to speed, with only occasional wins with the Lacetti and during the first season with the Cruze. They deserve their current success but there is likewise no genuine competition. That Ford is no factory effort, so they might not get anywhere near the level of Chevy.

#112 BRG

BRG

• 11,571 posts

Posted 03 May 2012 - 17:25

WTCC is dreadful. Even if there wasn't a clash with BTCC, I very much doubt if I'd spend much time watching it.

You don't need to spend much time on it as the races are so short!

#113 Red17

Red17

• 3,385 posts

Posted 03 May 2012 - 18:17

That Ford is no factory effort, so they might not get anywhere near the level of Chevy.

From what I understand «that Ford» is a bit of a test mule to gauge possibilities. From memory the other Ford entry on the WTCC was a bit of the same.

#114 Richard T

Richard T

• 1,176 posts

Posted 04 May 2012 - 22:20

Two cars in every team so 16 cars in total:

TTA Volvo S60
Volvo Team Black R: https://twitter.com/#!/Martin_Oberg/sta...0/photo/1/large
Polestar Performance: http://slideshow.tta...mp;m=1336031140

TTA Saab 9-3
Flash Engineering: https://twitter.com/#!/Martin_Oberg/sta...9/photo/1/large
Team Tidö: http://slideshow.tta...mp;m=1336031155

TTA BMW M3
BMW Dealer Team: https://p.twimg.com/...Amgzr.jpg:large
West Coast Racing: http://slideshow.tta...mp;m=1336031144

TTA Citroen C5
Brovallen Racing: http://slideshow.tta...mp;m=1336031142
Brovallen Design: http://slideshow.tta...mp;m=1336031149

#115 WatchingF1since4yearsold

WatchingF1since4yearsold

• 250 posts

Posted 05 May 2012 - 00:02

gonna watch races this weekend live on tv for once, not even caught highlights for years tbh, by looks of Wikipedia, Huff is the main British challenger so I will hope he does well :) have Sky in my room now so want to watch more racing ^_^

#116 hunnylander

hunnylander

• 4,448 posts

Posted 05 May 2012 - 19:06

WTCC support series:

Lotus Ladies Cup

Posted Image

The girl is fine anyway.

#117 Red17

Red17

• 3,385 posts

Posted 05 May 2012 - 19:35

Oh my... Dany got the money for this top model series again.

#118 Zava

Zava

• 5,004 posts

Posted 05 May 2012 - 20:51

WTCC support series:

Lotus Ladies Cup

Posted Image

The girl is fine anyway.

don't forget the video version :p
http://www.youtube.c...be_gdata_player

#119 sosidge

sosidge

• 1,636 posts

Posted 05 May 2012 - 21:10

Well, at least she has set a record for corner entry speed at T1!

Advertisement

#120 ArnageWRC

ArnageWRC

• 1,081 posts

Posted 05 May 2012 - 21:36

Agree, it's not worthy of the name World Championship - which is a joke. It should be the best drivers, in the best cars on the best tracks. One Manufacturer team v Privateers.....as for the cars, underpowered repmobiles...and mostly Wrong wheel drive...

as for the British Trashing of Cars Championship.....no comment, some of the driving is extremely poor - but is viewed as entertainment.

#121 MrFondue

MrFondue

• 323 posts

Posted 06 May 2012 - 00:37

and mostly Wrong wheel drive...

Yeah, I can't stand RWD's either

On a serious note, RWD is for GTs.

#122 hunnylander

hunnylander

• 4,448 posts

Posted 06 May 2012 - 07:27

WTCC support series:

Lotus Ladies Cup

Posted Image

The girl is fine anyway.

Crash onboards

#123 Zava

Zava

• 5,004 posts

Posted 06 May 2012 - 13:00

did you hear the Norbi! Norbi! Norbi! chanting on the last lap in the TV? I did! congrats Norbi :)

#124 Dispenser89

Dispenser89

• 3,460 posts

Posted 06 May 2012 - 13:05

Amazing. Well done Norbi and Zengo.

#125 billm99uk

billm99uk

• 2,935 posts

Posted 06 May 2012 - 14:43

Alain Menu trying to rev the crowd up, heh :rotfl:

#126 TheWilliamzer

TheWilliamzer

• 689 posts

Posted 06 May 2012 - 16:39

phew.. Finally a decent result from Bennani...

#127 Red17

Red17

• 3,385 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 16:34

Chevy out of the WTCC.
http://www.autosport...t.php/id/100908

#128 Disgrace

Disgrace
  • RC Forum Host

• 9,873 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 17:02

Honda and Lada are on their way back for next year, so I wonder who of Muller/Huff/Menu will end up there.

#129 sesku

sesku

• 282 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 17:29

Muller in Lada look like a fun combo. :rotfl:

#130 alfista

alfista

• 996 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 17:44

Muller in Lada look like a fun combo. :rotfl:

Thommo is already waiting :p

#131 sesku

sesku

• 282 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 17:55

Thommo is already waiting :p

ah, forgot about James Thompson otherwise I imagine Muller in Lada will be like plato in MG.

#132 wewantourdarbyback

wewantourdarbyback

• 6,358 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 21:17

So much for MWM's World Touring Chevy Cruz then...

#133 jeze

jeze

• 2,973 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 23:21

A championship just waiting for its inevitable death. It's a bit sad but the demise is inevitable. With the economy as it is the manufacturers are not prepared to splash the cash on WTCC in the long run.

DTM has firmly taken an iron-grip with regards to Touring Car racing in Europe.

#134 Myrvold

Myrvold

• 2,744 posts

Posted 05 July 2012 - 02:51

Has it? DTM is utterly boring!

#135 hunnylander

hunnylander

• 4,448 posts

Posted 05 July 2012 - 05:33

#136 ArnageWRC

ArnageWRC

• 1,081 posts

Posted 05 July 2012 - 08:41

Yes, except for RedBull ring, Norisring and maybe even Hockenheim this season......

#137 Kayama

Kayama

• 40 posts

Posted 05 July 2012 - 11:50

Anyone think James Thompson could return to Honda next year in WTCC? Does he have a contract for next year with Lada? I think he and the Honda formed a good combination a few years ago.

#138 Tarzaan

Tarzaan

• 1,217 posts

Posted 06 July 2012 - 09:52

Chevy out of the WTCC.
http://www.autosport...t.php/id/100908

The Chevy cars could stay at least 2-3 season in the field.

#139 Buxbaum

Buxbaum

• 129 posts

Posted 22 July 2012 - 20:06

You can say what you want the WTCC Race today was more fun than the last Formula 1 races combined. And Curitiba is a nice old school track. Love grass and gravel traps.

Real racing in the midfield and some nice overtaking. As Chevrolet will leave as manufacturer we will see where it leads. Honda will join and maybe other manufacturers as well.

Dunno with BMW though as they have the DTM now and do not improve their cars. They just sell parts for the independent teams. Same as Chevrolet will do.

And between Muller and Huff it is going to be a fun season till the end.

DTM is boring. Is the BTCC any good?

Advertisement

#140 DanardiF1

DanardiF1

• 6,575 posts

Posted 22 July 2012 - 20:29

You can say what you want the WTCC Race today was more fun than the last Formula 1 races combined. And Curitiba is a nice old school track. Love grass and gravel traps.

Real racing in the midfield and some nice overtaking. As Chevrolet will leave as manufacturer we will see where it leads. Honda will join and maybe other manufacturers as well.

Dunno with BMW though as they have the DTM now and do not improve their cars. They just sell parts for the independent teams. Same as Chevrolet will do.

And between Muller and Huff it is going to be a fun season till the end.

DTM is boring. Is the BTCC any good?

Much better. If you don't mind some of the races escalating into a bit of a barge-fest (and that's normally the last race of the event), it's great. It's not dominated by one team either (the Hondas are the best car/team, but they're not winning EVERY race), and actually regardless of it's World Championship status, the driving standards in the BTCC even with the gentlemen drivers towards the back are better than WTCC. They drive some pretty technical circuits with great skill and speed.

#141 Buxbaum

Buxbaum

• 129 posts

Posted 23 July 2012 - 07:33

Much better. If you don't mind some of the races escalating into a bit of a barge-fest (and that's normally the last race of the event), it's great. It's not dominated by one team either (the Hondas are the best car/team, but they're not winning EVERY race), and actually regardless of it's World Championship status, the driving standards in the BTCC even with the gentlemen drivers towards the back are better than WTCC. They drive some pretty technical circuits with great skill and speed.

Is it one class? Or different classes who race together?

WTCC has independent and manufacturers teams but essentially the same class.

And you have to love the tracks they drive on. How is the US one? Never seen a race there.

#142 Disgrace

Disgrace
  • RC Forum Host

• 9,873 posts

Posted 23 July 2012 - 07:34

Can't agree with that. BTCC is very much a full contact sport whereas there is far more respect in WTCC due to higher calibre drivers. For example at the Slovakia Ring, Tarquini accidentally tapped Muller towards the end of race two I think it was, but got out of the throttle rather than go through the gap he had created.

Edited by Disgrace, 23 July 2012 - 07:37.

#143 midgrid

midgrid

• 4,755 posts

Posted 23 July 2012 - 11:22

Is it one class? Or different classes who race together?

WTCC has independent and manufacturers teams but essentially the same class.

And you have to love the tracks they drive on. How is the US one? Never seen a race there.

The BTCC cars are all in the same class (although there is often a mix of regulations, e.g. S2000s vs NGTCs), but there are also independents' trophies for the non-works drivers and teams. The last season to feature more than one class was 2003.

#144 BRG

BRG

• 11,571 posts

Posted 23 July 2012 - 19:22

Can't agree with that. BTCC is very much a full contact sport whereas there is far more respect in WTCC due to higher calibre drivers. For example at the Slovakia Ring, Tarquini accidentally tapped Muller towards the end of race two I think it was, but got out of the throttle rather than go through the gap he had created.

That would be the same meeting where Muller deliberately punted the independent BMW of Michaelsz out of the lead? Just like PLato or Neal would have. And Tarquini has had his moments too...

#145 Disgrace

Disgrace
  • RC Forum Host

• 9,873 posts

Posted 23 July 2012 - 21:12

I'll give you that, but that's a case of exception rather than rule.

#146 BRG

BRG

• 11,571 posts

Posted 24 July 2012 - 11:14

I'll give you that, but that's a case of exception rather than rule.

I think it is a symptom of relative levels of competitiveness. The current and recent WTCC has been dominated by one or two manufacturer teams, and the present formula seems to be leading to rather processional racing (by touring car standards, anyway), so the opportunity for bumping and boring is less than the BTCC where there are no clear, out and out leaders. Back when the WTCC was more closely fought, driving standards were as cynical as in the BTCC. In both cases, I think there has been a considerable improvement in standards, due to tougher stewarding.

Nowadays, in either series, the sort of professional foul that went unpenalised a few years back will earn you at least a few seconds time penalty, even if your name is Plato, or a drive-through if you are a lesser mortal. Although Matt Neal seems to be exempt....

#147 dexter311

dexter311

• 518 posts

Posted 01 August 2012 - 15:57

Triple Eight Race Engineeirng (TeamVodafone) unveiled their new Commodore COTF.

Posted Image

But even more interesting is that Red Bull are close to coming on board for next year, after Vodafone's wind-down of sponsorship. It was only a matter of time until Red Bull bought into V8SC...

http://www.autosport...t.php/id/101682

#148 TimRTC

TimRTC

• 758 posts

Posted 01 August 2012 - 16:07

Lets just hope over-caffinated drinks don't turn out in 10 years time to be as bad for us as smoking, if they stop Red Bull and Monster from advertising on cars there will be nothing left...

#149 FlashMaster

FlashMaster

• 1,901 posts

Posted 09 September 2012 - 10:26

Congratulations to Rene Rast. Third Porsche Supercup championship in a row.

#150 Buxbaum

Buxbaum

• 129 posts

Posted 24 September 2012 - 14:38

Anyone seen WTCC yesterday? Muller is such an idiot. He could have overtaken without hitting Engstler. Deserved drive trough in my book.