• This topic is locked This topic is locked
7550 replies to this topic

#4401 Stollas

Stollas

• 28 posts

Posted 06 April 2012 - 19:14

Nope!

I'm 100 correct.

Kovalainen was the highest-placed of the one-fuel stop qualifiers. Kovy was 4th on the grid...ahead of the two Brawns. When the Q3 fuel loads were released, it became apparent that Kovy and the Brawns were probably best placed to fight for the win because the 3 guys ahead had been fueled shorter. The grid was:

HAM - SUT

RAI - KOV

BAR - BUT

Hamilton, Sutil and Raikkonen were going to be two-stopping. Kovalainen was, supposedly, favoured to win - or at least beat the Brawns. Instead, Kovalainen kept going backwards in an alarming fashion and his goose at McLaren was possibly cooked at that Grand Prix. They (McLarens) were left unimpressed with the Finn.

Brawns finished 1-2, Barrichello ahead of Button...and Kimi took the final podium spot when Lewis binned it into the barriers at the Lesmos on the last lap.

this was a horrible race to witness with Kovi....even I, who had high hopes for the Finn, felt sad for the guy.....

Advertisement

#4402 Kvothe

Kvothe

• 6,822 posts

Posted 07 April 2012 - 02:52

...well, then that won't be good for him or us. Alonso and Hamilton fans will have a field day here.

Let's hope for the best case scenario. There's nothing like winning, is there?

You're really overestimating how much we care :smoking:

Edited by Kvothe, 07 April 2012 - 02:56.

#4403 2ms

2ms

• 2,212 posts

Posted 07 April 2012 - 05:31

Actually, anyone ever noticed the trolls here, for whatever reason, don't really seem to be Hamilton fans? From the perspective of someone who largely spend time in Kimi thread, Hamilton fans seem to be a rather reasonable lot, now that I think of it. Even after he has a bad year like last season, still only a tiny fraction as many toxic Hamilton fans as a certain other driver. Just thought I'd share my little epiphany.

#4404 Oho

Oho

• 7,559 posts

Posted 07 April 2012 - 07:03

Actually, anyone ever noticed the trolls here, for whatever reason, don't really seem to be Hamilton fans? From the perspective of someone who largely spend time in Kimi thread, Hamilton fans seem to be a rather reasonable lot, now that I think of it. Even after he has a bad year like last season, still only a tiny fraction as many toxic Hamilton fans as a certain other driver. Just thought I'd share my little epiphany.

Well in the trenches of these fan wars Hamiltonians are allies if not stuck in the same mud as the Kimi crowd. Incidentally I do not recall a single Lewis supporter proclaiming quite liking Kimi just before, in so many words, declaring him shite. That really seems a unifying property the followers thou whose name you shall not mention.

Edited by Oho, 07 April 2012 - 07:07.

#4405 race addicted

race addicted

• 19,503 posts

Posted 07 April 2012 - 09:15

Nope!

I'm 100 correct.

I remember it now too. Just thought about '08 as that should've been a straightforward win more than '09.

#4406 Kubiccia

Kubiccia

• 1,370 posts

Posted 07 April 2012 - 19:08

http://desdirodeabik...santander-2008/

desdirodeabike, can't you just give it a rest? Alonso is way better than Kimi, that's it. Nothing more than this for Ferrari giving him the boot.

If Santander leaves Ferrari tomorrow, the italians will keep Alonso anyway and won't ever regret ditching Kimi

#4407 halifaxf1fan

halifaxf1fan

• 4,846 posts

Posted 07 April 2012 - 19:27

desdirodeabike, can't you just give it a rest? Alonso is way better than Kimi, that's it. Nothing more than this for Ferrari giving him the boot.

If Santander leaves Ferrari tomorrow, the italians will keep Alonso anyway and won't ever regret ditching Kimi

Indeed the Italians like Alonso! But they also appreciated Raikkonen.

This was especially seen in 2009 when Kimi achieved a podium finish at Monza. Even though there was nothing but negative energy in the press about him and he had been getting the cold shoulder from Ferrari, when he took to the podium tifosi were ecstatic for him. He even tossed his had to the crowd if I remember correctly. Those fans obviously saw the media and Ferrari pr messaging for what it was and their reaction had exposed a different reality.

Edited by halifaxf1fan, 07 April 2012 - 20:53.

#4408 Skinnyguy

Skinnyguy

• 4,189 posts

Posted 07 April 2012 - 19:34

Alonso is way better than Kimi, that's it.

This kind of statements when two top class drivers are involved are a joke. :lol:

I think the conspiracy theories about Ferrari sabotaging Kimi are rubbish, he wasn´t performing as expected and got replaced... but your statement is equally rubbish. Keeping a full career perspective you have to be stupid to dare and say X or Y is "way better" than the other guy. In fact I can´t think of more evenly matched careers out there now. It´s so tight that both of them could be 3 times WDC by now or still eternal runner ups changing little things that had nothing to do with their driving.

#4409 Mr j

Mr j

• 530 posts

Posted 07 April 2012 - 19:42

[quote name='Kubiccia' date='Apr 7 2012, 21:08' post='5646665']

[/quote

I'm speechless and that's not often but this post caught me off guard. I'm always amazed with how little some people know and you have just shown how true that is.
Never ever will I take anything you say seriously again. And regarding your statement, I'll be glad to talk to you again when the season is over. Don't forget.

Edited by Mr j, 07 April 2012 - 19:45.

#4410 Kubiccia

Kubiccia

• 1,370 posts

Posted 07 April 2012 - 20:07

This kind of statements when two top class drivers are involved are a joke. :lol:

Nobody can measure "talent". You often read people saying driver X is more talented than driver Y but that is very subjective.

When I say Alonso is better than Kimi, I mean that one can expect him to be more efficient through out a championship. I don't think Kimi would have taken the fight for WDC in 2010. Alonso is just that guy who always delivers, you know.

@Mr j, don't be such a drama queen, ok? Kimi is performing better than I was expecting for the moment, still, everybody in the paddock knows that Alonso is the biggest threat in a WDC run (if he have competitive car) because he drivers any type of car in any type of condition and rarely makes mistakes. With Kimi, you can't trust that much. Sometimes he's great and sometimes he seems asleep.

Edited by Kubiccia, 07 April 2012 - 20:11.

#4411 IceSkyrim

IceSkyrim

• 867 posts

Posted 07 April 2012 - 21:09

I think that is a very short sight analysis. :well:
At the end of this year, the WCC comparison of Massa being team mate of Kimi and Alonso will - probably - be Kimi 2WCC and Alonso 0WCC.

Therefore it is a hard fact that Massa was more fruitfull beside Kimi.
The question is if the behaviour of Kimi and Alonso really have an influence on Massa and therefore his contribution to Ferrari.
If so, by strange ways, by not unbalancing Massa, Kimi is a superior team player than Alonso.

Edited by IceSkyrim, 07 April 2012 - 21:10.

#4412 antifozy

antifozy

• 179 posts

Posted 07 April 2012 - 21:21

Nobody can measure "talent". You often read people saying driver X is more talented than driver Y but that is very subjective.

When I say Alonso is better than Kimi, I mean that one can expect him to be more efficient through out a championship. I don't think Kimi would have taken the fight for WDC in 2010. Alonso is just that guy who always delivers, you know.

@Mr j, don't be such a drama queen, ok? Kimi is performing better than I was expecting for the moment, still, everybody in the paddock knows that Alonso is the biggest threat in a WDC run (if he have competitive car) because he drivers any type of car in any type of condition and rarely makes mistakes. With Kimi, you can't trust that much. Sometimes he's great and sometimes he seems asleep.

Well that is your opinion. Its not what I or many here subscribe to. Needless to say, you are entitled to your opinion and so are we.
Contrary to what you are saying, Alonso wasn't perfect in 2010. I believe Kimi would not have made mistakes like spa and silverstone, so would have sealed the deal much sooner.

#4413 discover23

discover23

• 3,869 posts

Posted 07 April 2012 - 21:29

Or he could have had trouble getting heat in his tires .

#4414 MP422

MP422

• 1,809 posts

Posted 07 April 2012 - 21:31

I see Kimi and Alonso about the same. Hamilton right there. These guys are the fastest ! Big respect !

#4415 antifozy

antifozy

• 179 posts

Posted 07 April 2012 - 21:50

Or he would have been fine :).
Pure speculation either way.

#4416 Trust

Trust

• 3,182 posts

Posted 07 April 2012 - 21:57

He wouldn't.

#4417 Desdirodeabike

Desdirodeabike

• 1,890 posts

Posted 07 April 2012 - 22:02

Oh sweet Lord Krishna :lol:
While you are at it, go give wrcva a piece of your mind too, will ya. Im sure he could use a laugh.
By the way - the post has nothing to do with who is best. Reading it would have told you that.

#4418 discover23

discover23

• 3,869 posts

Posted 07 April 2012 - 22:06

He wouldn't.

With Massa as his teammate he would , remember Ferrari is supposed to sabotage kimi.  ;)

#4419 DrF

DrF

• 1,427 posts

Posted 07 April 2012 - 22:35

Just all give it a rest, please. Its like Groundhog Day. Same old arguments repeated endlessly.

Advertisement

#4420 Kimifinfan

Kimifinfan

• 125 posts

Posted 08 April 2012 - 00:10

With Massa as his teammate he would , remember Ferrari is supposed to sabotage kimi.;)

Just like they're sabotaging Massa....Ferrari are good at that, next year its Alonso's turn or maybe this year :rotfl: :rotfl:

discover23 are the one that split the thread at F1 Tech and called the Steering issue an April fool's joke?

Edited by Kimifinfan, 08 April 2012 - 00:11.

#4421 motorhead

motorhead

• 906 posts

Posted 08 April 2012 - 07:12

[From Malaysia we're told Kimi "could have" challenged for the 1st row of the Grid if not for this-that-or-the-other.]

Hopefully he can get a very good result in China with a straight forward meeting. If that means that all he can do is finish a fighting 4th behind two McLarens and, say, Vettel after having qualified 5th behind them and Webber's RBR - with Grosjean behind him - then so be it. I'll be fine with it.

But if Grosjean out-qualifies Kimi and out-races him in a fairly straight-forward situation...AND they 'blame' the steering not being 100 percent "perfect", then that won't be good for his reputation.

If Grosjean beats Kimi straight-up in Q3 and then in the Grand Prix in Shanghai and they say...:

Well, if Romain would have had steering problem no one would have even noticed or reported it (sarcasm here). Kimi said he did a couple of mistakes in quali, he said that steering was not an issue. If you didn´t notice he beat RG in quali in Malesia but got a grid penalty

#4422 RayInTorontoCanada

RayInTorontoCanada

• 570 posts

Posted 08 April 2012 - 14:45

...If you didn´t notice ...

Of course I noticed! :evil: I could write a book about Kimi! :D

There's a very good chance that 'Lotus'/Enstone are out to put everything into an early season Grand Prix win. In due time the resources of Ferrari, Mercedes, McLaren and Red Bull will begin to exert themselves in a big way and the resource-limited Lotus/Enstone team will have a tough time as the season reaches boiling point. [This happened last season and the year before, if one is to be honest about it. It's a natural occurence for a team that isn't hugely funded.]

I, as a result, am expecting a possible victory if the Sun the Moon and the Stars all line up! [I mean, everyone needs a bit of luck to beat The Grandees!]. But i'm expecting that win to come sooner/earlier as opposed to mid-to-late season.

One thing that they really need to do is get their pitwork up to Ferrari-for-Alonso standards. An extra 2 or 2.5 seconds in the pits could be the difference between Victory and 2nd, so finely balanced is the field at this stage.

Edited by RayInTorontoCanada, 08 April 2012 - 14:52.

#4423 Skinnyguy

Skinnyguy

• 4,189 posts

Posted 08 April 2012 - 16:58

I don't think Kimi would have taken the fight for WDC in 2010.

Oh, he already did something like that. Better in fact, as he faced worst conditions. First of all, he had the 3rd best car instead of the second, and his car was both a bit slower (as Ferrari was in 2010) and less reliable (the 2010 Ferrari wasn´t) than the best on the grid. So you can think whatever you want, but he has already done that, or should I say something better than that :wave:

Sure you remember the year, don´t you?

Then the "you can´t trust Kimi to perform"... you´re entitled to your opinion but seriously, one and a half bad years in Formula 1, seven and a half brilliant years, and that´s your view?? I guess you can´t trust Alonso to perform either, as he had a bad year in 2004 and his first part of 2008 or 2010 were messy too. Changing the name I´m sure you realize how that´s rubbish.

Edited by Skinnyguy, 08 April 2012 - 19:06.

#4424 RayInTorontoCanada

RayInTorontoCanada

• 570 posts

Posted 08 April 2012 - 23:57

...but seriously, one and a half bad years in Formula 1, seven and a half brilliant years...

...I guess you can´t trust Alonso to perform either, as he had a bad year in 2004 and his first part of 2008 or 2010 were messy too. Changing the name I´m sure you realize how that´s rubbish.

While I agree with you technically on the one and a half bad years thingy, I really think he only really had one 'bad' 12 month period:

He was damn good all the way into Canada/France, 2008...and I do think that from Monaco, 2009 through to his final Ferrari races he was quite excellent. Didn't he put the F60 onto the front row of the grid at Monaco?

The 12 month period in between (June '08 - May '09) it was Massa who was getting the breaks/luck and the results and this coincided with Santander getting ready for it's IPO in Brazil.

Alonso buggered up the 2010 WDC in Australia, China, Monaco, Canada, Silverstone and Belgium. He had the WDC in his pocket heading into Abu Dhabi but got blown away at the start by Button - who was on the dirty side - and, then, being the "master tactician" [ :rotfl: ] he is according to his followers, decided to concentrate on Webber - the slower RBR driver who'd clouted the barriers - in stead of on keeping up with the faster RBR driver in front.

Alonso's Ferrari was bullet-proof in 2010 and Massa gave 7 points at Hockenheim ... yet Nando simply choked in the WDC! :up:

It's as simple as that!

Edited by RayInTorontoCanada, 09 April 2012 - 00:13.

#4425 SilentKiller

SilentKiller

• 646 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 09:04

Just saw on Facebook Kimi's redesigned helmet. Thought someone would have posted here.

#4426 artista

artista
  • RC Forum Host

• 5,205 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 09:41

Its a good idea to have a Kimi Lotus 2012 thread.

This was the 2012 thread. We had this one for things related to 2012 and the other mammoth-like one where the usual suspects could keep bringing out every day what a horrible driver Räikkönen is because of 2008 and Massa and Alonso and Massa and Alonso and Massa and Alonso, etc. But then, the '2012' was taken out of the title of this thread...

PS. Oink, oink? ;)

#4427 santababy

santababy

• 419 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 10:04

This was the 2012 thread. We had this one for things related to 2012 and the other mammoth-like one where the usual suspects could keep bringing out every day what a horrible driver Räikkönen is because of 2008 and Massa and Alonso and Massa and Alonso and Massa and Alonso, etc. But then, the '2012' was taken out of the title of this thread...

PS. Oink, oink?;)

Oh I see. Thanks for the info cos I am new oink here. :stoned:
Hey who is that? :blush:

#4428 Taxi

Taxi

• 3,034 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 10:19

wait! Kimi has a new helmet?

#4429 Taxi

Taxi

• 3,034 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 10:40

Are there many changes in the helmet? I would like to see it.

#4430 artista

artista
  • RC Forum Host

• 5,205 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 10:47

I vote for pictures of Räikkönen's helmet, real or photoshopped

#4431 mursuka80

mursuka80

• 5,106 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 10:52

I vote for pictures of Räikkönen's helmet, real or photoshopped

I tried to search FB for it, but didnt find any new helmet designs. :well:

#4432 santababy

santababy

• 419 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 11:01

Oh so new helmet design afterall.
Maybe he will surprise us in Shanghai.

I heard its raining in Shanghai today & probably the rest of the week.
Not so good news for Kimi/Lotus.
They neeed a "normal weekend".

#4433 MadYarpen

MadYarpen

• 3,877 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 11:11

yeah, but it would be also nice if they managed to achieve some good result also in not so normal weekend. You know, as every good team should from time to time.

#4434 SilentKiller

SilentKiller

• 646 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 11:28

This was posted on a group a day ago........cannot verify

Posted Image

#4435 jrg19

jrg19

• 6,118 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 11:33

Posted Image

Looks legit a lot more refined.

#4436 Starish

Starish

• 986 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 12:16

Yeah, its real, you can tell from the onBoard shots of Malaysia.

#4437 Taxi

Taxi

• 3,034 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 14:02

China can´t came soon enough.

#4438 artista

artista
  • RC Forum Host

• 5,205 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 14:32

Posted Image

Thanks!
Today I feel like turning into a helmet livery fan :p

#4439 swerved

swerved

• 3,609 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 15:11

Posted Image

Looks a nice variation on a theme :)

Hope it doesn't get to fussy though, I quite like the simpler cleaner approach. Cant wait till FP1 either, feels like its been an age, a famine after the feast of the first 2 races, hoping to see a good result as well, a move up the table from 7th would be welcome. :up:

Advertisement

#4440 mursuka80

mursuka80

• 5,106 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 15:20

There is no fight. They are both awesome and i cant understand how people cant see that? Comparing their Ferrari careers is idiotic and you all know that.

#4441 yr

yr

• 5,946 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 15:22

:lol:

And who is leading right now??

And you believe that it indicates who will win titles this year, seriously? :lol:

On a serious note, Alonso had good - very good, in fact - race in Malaysia rain race, but even Panis won a rain race with uncompetitive car, great performances in win can lead to surprise winner, but that doesnt mean they will be on the hunt in the long run.

#4442 artista

artista
  • RC Forum Host

• 5,205 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 15:22

The weathermen are beginning to talk about showers all weekend. At this rate, there won't be a normal weekend to see the real pace of the E20 until Abu Dhabi

#4443 mursuka80

mursuka80

• 5,106 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 15:24

The weathermen are beginning to talk about showers all weekend. At this rate, there won't be a normal weekend to see the real pace of the E20 until Abu Dhabi

Lol. :lol:

#4444 halifaxf1fan

halifaxf1fan

• 4,846 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 15:26

Thanks!
Today I feel like turning into a helmet livery fan :p

The new 'update' looks good.

#4445 yr

yr

• 5,946 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 15:30

I dont think weather will be as big issue as it was in last race for Kimi. Remember he didnt have a single lap in intermediates or with full-wet tyres before race started, he even said that because of lack of rain experience, they needed to guess their front wing etc set up before Malaysia race. If it rains in China, he has as good chance as anybody else to win there, IMO.

#4446 IceSkyrim

IceSkyrim

• 867 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 15:37

I dont think weather will be as big issue as it was in last race for Kimi. Remember he didnt have a single lap in intermediates or with full-wet tyres before race started, he even said that because of lack of rain experience, they needed to guess their front wing etc set up before Malaysia race. If it rains in China, he has as good chance as anybody else to win there, IMO.

:p Kimi, the Shangai Surprise :p

Will he do a Suzuka :confused:

#4447 ForeverF1

ForeverF1
  • RC Forum Host

• 6,484 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 15:39

Posts have been removed. This is not the Alonso vs Raikkonen thread.

#4448 swerved

swerved

• 3,609 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 15:40

I'd still like to see a "normal" race, but thats a good point, they at least have 1 more races worth of experience and information on the wets than they did prior to Malaysia, Raikkonen has shown he's not really as "rusty" as some might have thought, the Malaysia result was pretty good all things (including the weather) considered, I dont think his chances will be hampered to much whatever the weathers like in China, i'd still prefer a dry one though. :)

#4449 yr

yr

• 5,946 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 15:56

I'd still like to see a "normal" race, but thats a good point, they at least have 1 more races worth of experience and information on the wets than they did prior to Malaysia, Raikkonen has shown he's not really as "rusty" as some might have thought, the Malaysia result was pretty good all things (including the weather) considered, I dont think his chances will be hampered to much whatever the weathers like in China, i'd still prefer a dry one though. :)

I too would prefere dry race, as wet races are always bit of a lottery anyway, with all SC issues and timing to change right tyres is more down to teams weathermans than driver. Anyway Kimi did just fine in Malaysia considering all things, so hopes are high for Chine - no matter what the weather is. :up:

Edited by yr, 09 April 2012 - 15:56.

#4450 Bosseking

Bosseking

• 163 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 20:33

I want a dry weekend just see where everyone stands. It was good to get two full practice sessions and a qualifying last race though. Imagine if it showers during the weekend and the Bahrain GP is cancelled (most likely), it's another month for the next race then. I'm not even that big fan of the wet races, it's lottery and you can't even see the cars from the broadcast!