Photo

Lewis Hamilton Thread [merged]

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
5393 replies to this topic

#51 jrg19

jrg19

• 6,118 posts

Posted 05 January 2012 - 00:57

Welcome, from a fairly new guy myself. :) Agree that Jenson did a great job, but I don't think Lewis can risk becoming transfixed on "have to beat Jenson." Just bring home the points, stay out of trouble, and secure the wins when everything lines up for them. If he can do that, and the cars are even somewhat equal, he should be in the hunt going down the stretch. And in that scenario, my money is on Lewis. Again welcome, and looking forward to you insights, number 4! :)

Lewis says 4 is a good number for him, he used to use 44 when he was karting

I'm hoping its a good omen

Posted Image

Edited by jrg19, 05 January 2012 - 00:58.

Advertisement

#52 theTruth

theTruth

• 516 posts

Posted 05 January 2012 - 00:59

^^^ :up:

:D Look at that little guy. Great pic.

Edited by theTruth, 05 January 2012 - 01:01.

#53 jrg19

jrg19

• 6,118 posts

Posted 05 January 2012 - 01:01

Posted Image

Posted Image

its all about number 4  ;)

#54 teejay

teejay

• 3,634 posts

Posted 05 January 2012 - 02:37

I am not going to sit here and give expert internet hero advice on how good, bad etc he is.

All I am going to say is I wish him the best of luck, and that he is fighting for the title in 2012.

#55 NoDivergence

NoDivergence

• 1,811 posts

Posted 05 January 2012 - 03:18

Agreed, give him a good car, McLaren! Hope he kicks ass

#56 jrg19

jrg19

• 6,118 posts

Posted 05 January 2012 - 11:24

"New Mclaren seems far superios to last years car"

:D

all about 4

#57 seahawk

seahawk

• 3,132 posts

Posted 05 January 2012 - 11:27

4th season since his first title.

#58 ForeverF1

ForeverF1
  • RC Forum Host

• 6,484 posts

Posted 05 January 2012 - 20:50

Posts have been removed. This thread is for Lewis Hamilton in 2012, not your model collection, last year or any preceding year. Please stay on topic. Thanks.

#59 ClockworkRacing

ClockworkRacing

• 316 posts

Posted 05 January 2012 - 21:32

Lewis admitted on that interview that he need a better technical support,Whitmarsh should garantee that for 2012,a better Q3 strategy is crucial.

But a better race management would be welcome.

Advertisement

#60 Bonaventura

Bonaventura

• 7,698 posts

Posted 05 January 2012 - 21:42

Lewis admitted on that interview that he need a better technical support,Whitmarsh should garantee that for 2012,a better Q3 strategy is crucial.

New engineer (s) for his team?
Idon't know if it's in the drivers hand whom they want for their team , or do they have to work togetter with what they get?
Haven't heared someone joined
I hope Lewis & his engineers can work it out, or at least they have learned something

#61 ClockworkRacing

ClockworkRacing

• 316 posts

Posted 06 January 2012 - 11:32

New engineer (s) for his team?
Idon't know if it's in the drivers hand whom they want for their team , or do they have to work togetter with what they get?
Haven't heared someone joined
I hope Lewis & his engineers can work it out, or at least they have learned something

Drivers sometimes bring someone to the team,Schumi did that with Brawn/Byrne,etc.And i read that Petrov in 2010 asked to Renault to change his engineer,because he didnĀ“t get along with the guy.

#62 ArtShelley

ArtShelley

• 3,560 posts

Posted 06 January 2012 - 15:04

Lewis said that Jenson has gathered some excellent technicians around him. I think Lewis is, for his long term potential, learning more from his very talented and far more experienced team mate.

We know Lewis has talent in spades, but raw talent is not enough. Hard work - he has that too and especially committment to learning and increasing, improving his skill set should be his aim.

#63 Ashitank

Ashitank

• 394 posts

Posted 06 January 2012 - 15:51

I wish Lewis has a great fighting year ahead & comes on top to win 2nd WC title.

As bloody good as driver Lewis is , I hope he remains humble & understands how he can maximize things all round him , be it in car or outside the car , specially when he may be having a year that has been below par compared to his past performances.

Fight on Lewis !

#64 jrg19

jrg19

• 6,118 posts

Posted 06 January 2012 - 16:09

I wish Lewis has a great fighting year ahead & comes on top to win 2nd WC title.

As bloody good as driver Lewis is , I hope he remains humble & understands how he can maximize things all round him , be it in car or outside the car , specially when he may be having a year that has been below par compared to his past performances.

Fight on Lewis !

He has a good chance if the rumours about the mp4-27 already having the 26s downforce :smoking:

#65 Raziel

Raziel

• 2,080 posts

Posted 07 January 2012 - 00:12

Happy birthday Lewis! Wow 27 already.. time flies :)

#66 Kvothe

Kvothe

• 6,822 posts

Posted 07 January 2012 - 01:21

A happy birthday to Lewis, hoping this year is better then the last.

#67 pingu666

pingu666

• 8,720 posts

Posted 07 January 2012 - 01:32

the people drivers work with are really important, but often forgotten in f1 and euro racing.

people in nascar probably get the greatest recognition, and they do have a big effect. also you gotta match people together, some people just wont work well together, but both are good at the task.

#68 klyster

klyster

• 4,303 posts

Posted 07 January 2012 - 06:28

Happy B'day Lewis, best of luck for 2012 bro :) :up:

#69 Bonaventura

Bonaventura

• 7,698 posts

Posted 07 January 2012 - 08:45

Happy birthday Lewis & many happy returns of this day
all the best for this year!

#70 Owen

Owen

• 10,473 posts

Posted 07 January 2012 - 09:19

Happy B'day Lewis, best of luck for 2012 bro :) :up:

:up: x2

#71 moorsey

moorsey

• 633 posts

Posted 07 January 2012 - 09:51

Happy birthday Lewis.
I hope your birthday present contains a car which leaves the rest of the field for dead.

#72 theTruth

theTruth

• 516 posts

Posted 07 January 2012 - 09:54

Go get 'em Lewis. Happy Birthday!

#73 tifosiMac

tifosiMac

• 6,562 posts

Posted 07 January 2012 - 09:59

He may just be reading this thread you never know? :p Happy Birthday Lewis may 2012 be a better year for you :)

#74 jrg19

jrg19

• 6,118 posts

Posted 07 January 2012 - 11:36

Posted Image

happy birthday hope its a good one and a good year.

#75 Alx09

Alx09

• 1,278 posts

Posted 07 January 2012 - 12:06

Happy birthday Lewis!

I hope next year's car will be good, so we can see more of this.

Edited by Alx09, 07 January 2012 - 12:08.

#76 Coral

Coral

• 2,749 posts

Posted 07 January 2012 - 12:28

Wow...today Lewis turns 27 and it is five years to the day since I joined this forum. How time flies indeed!

Happy Birthday Lewis...I hope this is the best year ever for you! :)

#77 pinkypants

pinkypants

• 1,414 posts

Posted 07 January 2012 - 21:55

Lewis is on twitter now if anyone wishes to send him a happy birthday message :)

#78 Bonaventura

Bonaventura

• 7,698 posts

Posted 07 January 2012 - 22:48

Lewis is on twitter now if anyone wishes to send him a happy birthday message :)

Time to join twitter than
I heared it was trending worldwide '#happybirthdayLewis" ;)

#79 jrg19

jrg19

• 6,118 posts

Posted 08 January 2012 - 13:13

Time to join twitter than
I heared it was trending worldwide '#happybirthdayLewis" ;)

yeah i think it was for a bit :cool:

Advertisement

#80 ImDDAA

ImDDAA

• 3,226 posts

Posted 08 January 2012 - 17:35

I have no idea what will happen this year but I am not in any way confident that Hamilton will be a serious contender for the WDC. I'm not writing him off but I see his raw talents muted under the current regs where as others with more developed and broader skillsets are better suited. This is not making excuses for my favourite driver but what I believe to be true. This also isn't me saying he can't work with the current F1, we saw him winning races last year after all but any natural edge he may have had isn't proving as useful as it once did - that's not to exaggerate the gap, all of these drivers are world class and the differences and gaps between them are almost always wafer thin. I am hopeful though, I hope he's really learnt some important lessons from Button after last year, about developing a more diverse group of skills and approaches to Grand Prix racing and that he can put them into practice on track, consistently. I'm not trying to be negative, he could just as easily come out and blow me away by winning race after race.

#81 ForeverF1

ForeverF1
  • RC Forum Host

• 6,484 posts

Posted 08 January 2012 - 18:41

Again, posts have been removed. This thread is Lewis Hamilton 2012. Not Jenson versus Lewis or Pirelli tyres.

#82 Bonaventura

Bonaventura

• 7,698 posts

Posted 08 January 2012 - 18:52

I think hamiltons problem was he got disheartened at the fact he thought he was extracting the mazimum out of the car but was being told the Red Bull was quicker alot of the time. I think that turned into frustration which then went on to mistakes by Lewis. Its obvious he knows this needs to be channeled in a different direction judging by his reflective comments post season. We all know what Lewis can do when he is on the button and if McLaren can deliver a car that is quick in qualifying in 2012, i think we'll see both McLaren drivers back at the front hopefully pushing each other on. Lewis has always strived when placed against a fast teammate as history shows, and I still think they are a great pairing that any team would want.

IMo a part of Lewis problems was also, that he tried to swim against the tides, with DRS and Pirelli, wich took away his greates aces, but he did not want to face reality ( that racing isn't the matter at F1 anylonger) and also that he was too naive at intra team politics.
2012 depends on how much Lewis heart is still in F1 and how much McLaren wants to keep him ( and give him support he needs)
BUT IMO Lewis has woken up from his childhood dreams and smelled the coffee. If he is still hungry he will fight and change, if not he will do a Kimi and walk away from F1 after this season.
I think, Lewis is too young and too good to throw the towel.

Edited by Bonaventura, 08 January 2012 - 18:53.

#83 Clatter

Clatter

• 27,239 posts

Posted 08 January 2012 - 18:56

I have no idea what will happen this year but I am not in any way confident that Hamilton will be a serious contender for the WDC. I'm not writing him off but I see his raw talents muted under the current regs where as others with more developed and broader skillsets are better suited. This is not making excuses for my favourite driver but what I believe to be true. This also isn't me saying he can't work with the current F1, we saw him winning races last year after all but any natural edge he may have had isn't proving as useful as it once did - that's not to exaggerate the gap, all of these drivers are world class and the differences and gaps between them are almost always wafer thin. I am hopeful though, I hope he's really learnt some important lessons from Button after last year, about developing a more diverse group of skills and approaches to Grand Prix racing and that he can put them into practice on track, consistently. I'm not trying to be negative, he could just as easily come out and blow me away by winning race after race.

I am. If the car is good enough he will be there challenging.

#84 tifosiMac

tifosiMac

• 6,562 posts

Posted 08 January 2012 - 19:06

I am. If the car is good enough he will be there challenging.

Exactly. If the car enables him to challenge for the title he will be there as usual. One of the things Lewis is good at is not giving up. The pressure is on McLaren this year to give their drivers a worthy car. Both are capable of delivering results and its well overdue IMO.

#85 ClockworkRacing

ClockworkRacing

• 316 posts

Posted 08 January 2012 - 19:26

Lewis said that JB has built a stronger team around him,that perhaps shows a weakness of Lewis when it comes to intra-team politics

#86 tifosiMac

tifosiMac

• 6,562 posts

Posted 08 January 2012 - 19:29

Lewis said that JB has built a stronger team around him,that perhaps shows a weakness of Lewis when it comes to intra-team politics

The article I read on Autosport had Lewis saying Jenson had built a "strong team" around him not "stronger". The latter certainly adds a lot of extra spin on things.

#87 jrg19

jrg19

• 6,118 posts

Posted 08 January 2012 - 19:36

We're all getting a bit delirious in the off season Lewis will be fine in 2012, I have no worrys about his ability.

#88 jrg19

jrg19

• 6,118 posts

Posted 08 January 2012 - 23:40

Lewis on Twitter:

On the slopes today, weather is amazing. Training is going great, can't wait to get behind the wheel of the new car...

Posted Image

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Edited by jrg19, 08 January 2012 - 23:41.

#89 jrg19

jrg19

• 6,118 posts

Posted 09 January 2012 - 00:13

Posted Image

Another photo of Lewis altitude training :up:

#90 DanardiF1

DanardiF1

• 6,557 posts

Posted 09 January 2012 - 05:26

Posted Image

Another photo of Lewis altitude training :up:

Also training on low grip surfaces :p

#91 tifosiMac

tifosiMac

• 6,562 posts

Posted 09 January 2012 - 09:34

Anyway back on topic....
I see Lewis is Skiing as part of his training and this is also true with the Ferrari drivers at this time of year. Why do they use this in their training does naybody know? I remember Lewis was trekking through snow in Finland before last season in deep snow and commented that it was the hardest thing he had ever done in his life.

#92 Kvothe

Kvothe

• 6,822 posts

Posted 09 January 2012 - 09:39

I think the skiing is incidental, and its more to do with the training at high altitudes which because of the thinner air puts a lot more stress and strain on the body (attempting to simulate the effects of an F1 car on the body), and the cardiovascular system, which i can imagine is extrememly beneficial for fitness.

Edited by Kvothe, 09 January 2012 - 09:40.

#93 tifosiMac

tifosiMac

• 6,562 posts

Posted 09 January 2012 - 09:55

I think the skiing is incidental, and its more to do with the training at high altitudes which because of the thinner air puts a lot more stress and strain on the body (attempting to simulate the effects of an F1 car on the body), and the cardiovascular system, which i can imagine is extrememly beneficial for fitness.

Thats what I was thinking. I know the top teams use tanks where driver are exposed to extreme low temperatures to get their bodies used to the pressures they face in the car. It thins the blood and enables them to train harder and longer. As you say this is probably similar to skiiing as you use your body under cold temperatures.

#94 Kvothe

Kvothe

• 6,822 posts

Posted 09 January 2012 - 09:59

Thats what I was thinking. I know the top teams use tanks where driver are exposed to extreme low temperatures to get their bodies used to the pressures they face in the car. It thins the blood and enables them to train harder and longer. As you say this is probably similar to skiiing as you use your body under cold temperatures.

I'm glad to see we're on the same train of thought, was just an educated guess on my part.

#95 flyer121

flyer121

• 4,570 posts

Posted 09 January 2012 - 10:03

But we all now that Lewis is good under pressure ... thats why they dont do the tank thing for him :)

#96 tifosiMac

tifosiMac

• 6,562 posts

Posted 09 January 2012 - 10:06

But we all now that Lewis is good under pressure ... thats why they dont do the tank thing for him :)

Its a different kind of pressure though but yes Lewis handles both it seems :)
Perhaps sending Lewis on a Skiing holiday is cheaper than renting a tank for a pauper team like McLaren? lol

#97 jrg19

jrg19

• 6,118 posts

Posted 09 January 2012 - 10:13

It's definetly a good thing seeing Lewis doing this training whilst some other drivers are holidaying in places like Hawaii, I'm sure we'll see the benifits come race weekend in Melbourne.

Lewis said his focus this year was going to be F1 and I think we're seeing it already .

#98 as65p

as65p

• 17,221 posts

Posted 09 January 2012 - 10:42

What's become of Mclarens famous "team bonding" weeks, BTW?

#99 tifosiMac

tifosiMac

• 6,562 posts

Posted 09 January 2012 - 10:52

What's become of Mclarens famous "team bonding" weeks, BTW?

i haven't heard of anything mentioned but maybe they are taking a different approach this season and spending more time on the car? It could also be that it hasn't taken place yet. Have Ferrari had their annual Skiing event yet? Thats usually mid January isn't it?

Advertisement

#100 GlenP

GlenP

• 3,389 posts

Posted 09 January 2012 - 11:06

It's definetly a good thing seeing Lewis doing this training whilst some other drivers are holidaying in places like Hawaii, I'm sure we'll see the benifits come race weekend in Melbourne.

Lewis said his focus this year was going to be F1 and I think we're seeing it already .

Looks like he's skiing to me.

(Might you possibly be reading a touch too much into things?)